QUALIA 006 Owner's Thread - Page 581 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #17401 of 17403 Old 09-21-2019, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesirjay View Post
I am interested in how the tale ended. Did the Q keep its perch with new ownership?
I've still got my Qualia 006 purchased in 2006. I still use it for playback of SACD's. Still no blob after the 2nd optical block was replaced several years ago.

The 006 now sits flush in a wall behind two (2) flush-mounted ceiling projection screens, a 120" diagonal Screen Innovations Slate 16:9 1.2 ALR for daytime or some lights on viewing and a 153" diagonal Stewart StudioTek 130 240:1scope screen for serious movie watching in bat-cave darkness, both receiving images from my JVC RS3000 projector coupled with a Panamorph Paladin DCR lens and a Lumagen Radiance Pro and lots of other gear recently calibrated by Kris Deering.

JVC RS3000 in AeroLift 150, Paladin DCR lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Two Screens: Stewart ElectiScreen StudioTek 130G 153” 240:1 and Screen Innovations Motorized Series 5 Slate 1.2 120" 16:9, Rack: Anthem AVM-60, Oppo 203, Sony CX-7000ES BD Changer, two Anthem A-5's, Rotel 1075, Atmos 7.2.4: 7 Thiel PowerPoint 1.2's, 2 SVS SB-16 Ultra's, 4 Thiel PowerPlane 1.2's. Projector cabling: FIBBR + RUIPro 10M, Remote: URC MX-990.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17402 of 17403 Old 09-21-2019, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cargen View Post
I've still got my Qualia 006 purchased in 2006. I still use it for playback of SACD's. Still no blob after the 2nd optical block was replaced several years ago.

The 006 now sits flush in a wall behind two (2) flush-mounted ceiling projection screens, a 120" diagonal Screen Innovations Slate 16:9 1.2 ALR for daytime or some lights on viewing and a 153" diagonal Stewart StudioTek 130 240:1scope screen for serious movie watching in bat-cave darkness, both receiving images from my JVC RS3000 projector coupled with a Panamorph Paladin DCR lens and a Lumagen Radiance Pro and lots of other gear recently calibrated by Kris Deering.
Wow - now that is a setup. Breaking the 10' mark is something I have to try someday.
post #17403 of 17403 Old 10-10-2019, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesirjay View Post
Given the performance and other aspects of the Q006 I would have to say sadly that selling it is likely to be an issue for any real amount of money. When you say light engines a part of me is quite curious. Are you saying you have extras of the part that causes the green screen of death? If only you lived locally as a Q enthusiast I would be tempted - mine still gets reasonably regular use but considering it is seen with through green-colored blobness it really isn't a great experience. I am keeping it alive until I have used the last of my lamps (which I may be already on haven't gone box diving in a while to check). Given the size and 1080i I just can't see anyone wanting to buy it unless it came with the house . I would say if you had to put a value on it - hard to imagine more than a few hundred dollars. Just too large, picture quality isn't high enough, takes too much energy and gives off too much heat to be 1k+ anymore.

Assuming you do have the insanely expensive light engines sadly the cost to have one installed is probably more than the worth of the tv at this point I would think (it was a multihour job requiring quite a bit of expertise as I remember from my replacement). If only that was a do it yourself scenario would be cool to see a Q in all of its original glory again.
Yes, I'm curious as well. Did brt3 keep/sell it with the house or did the new owner get rid of it? Hope all is well with the fellow Qualians!

14 years last month (Sept. 2005), I got mine delivered from the Vegas store. I remember Gael the Sony Q store concierge was great to work with made sure it all went smoothly. Found the thread in very early 2005 when you pioneers took the plunge and I couldn't wait to join in!

Thank you to everyone on this thread over the years for all their willingness to help and provide useful information to make this experience top notch.

C-Dub006
XBR75X940C, XBR60LX900, PDP5020FD, 3 other Sony LCD's
Polk, Infinity with Velodyne subs
3808ci, 3805
UBP-X800, BDT-101ci, BDP-95FD, BDP-94FD, DV-970HD
HD-XA2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Sony

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version