Official JVC HD-xxFH97 HD-xxFN97 HD-xxFC97 Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #61 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lankness, Huskerboy and Road Runner,
Congratulations on your new TV. One of my main questions is --How does the split screen picture and picture work? Have either of you tried it? I realize you can't display HD in split screen and my understanding is that HDMI inputs cannot be used for split screen. What kind of inputs can you use? Do you use your cable box for one input and a DVD recorder or VCR tuner as your other input? I mainly want this for football games. Thanks.

RWF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammadude View Post

Re: Screen grain "SSE"

I have the 70FH96 and briefly saw the 56FN97 at BB this past weekend. The screen showed grain but it seemed much less than the 96 series. The grain was finer so it was harder to notice than on the 96 series.

Gammadude. Are you comparing the 56FN97 with a 56" FH96 or a 70" ? I would expect a 70" to show more grain than a 56" from the same viewing distance regardless of the model year. John.

John
post #63 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Some pics:
Box 1
Box 2
Box 3
PC through VGA
PC up close

PC is connected through the VGA input, max resolution of 1024x768. Text is clean, crisp, sharp.

I'll be testing the 1080p input when I get a DVI->HDMI cable...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWF2 View Post

Congratulations on your new TV. One of my main questions is --How does the split screen picture and picture work? Have either of you tried it? I realize you can't display HD in split screen and my understanding is that HDMI inputs cannot be used for split screen. What kind of inputs can you use? Do you use your cable box for one input and a DVD recorder or VCR tuner as your other input? I mainly want this for football games. Thanks.

You are correct in that you can't use the HDMI inputs, and you also cannot use the PC input. I will have my cable box attached via HDMI, so no split screen there through the TV itself. I can display 2 pictures through the cable box though, but I'm not sure how that will look yet. I'll test this out for you tomorrow or Thursday, depending on when all my cables come in (I refuse to shell out $200 for a cable at the local B&M stores).

I am assuming that you can split screen any of the S-video/component inputs as well as the coax inputs...
post #65 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM

Huskerboy and RoadRunner - how have y'all faired with the iris, brightness, etc controls? I played around a bit earlier and really haven't seen a whole lot of difference while messing with the sliders (at least not what I may have been falsely expecting). The biggest change I have gotten was by turning the dynamic gamma off...

Are either of you seeing definite changes as you move any of the sliders step by step?

Hope that makes sense...
post #66 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM

How's fan noise? Side viewing? 97's upconversion compared to any upconverting receiver or other processer? Silk screen effect? Convergence? Whites? Blacks? Stretched SD? Any other standard questions when tv's first come out...

Looking to buy this one. I would like to see someone start a KDS-XX2000 vs. HD-XXFX97 thread...
post #67 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeyer911 View Post

How's fan noise? Side viewing? 97's upconversion compared to any upconverting receiver or other processer? Silk screen effect? Convergence? Whites? Blacks? Stretched SD? Any other standard questions when tv's first come out...

Looking to buy this one. I would like to see someone start a KDS-XX2000 vs. HD-XXFX97 thread...

Fan is extremely quiet.

Side viewing is on par with the A2000.

Can't comment on the upconversion capabilities yet...

Convergence - looks fine until I am literally 6" from the screen. If I am that close I can see about 1/2 mm of green on the left and pink on the right of whites (or vice versa, don't remember which side was which exactly).

Whites are bright, I can see some SSE in them. I haven't played around enough with calibration to really see how much I can take out.

Blacks are awesome.

Watched some SD earlier through coax. Looked on par with the A2000. Digital channels looked better. Noise reduction functions seem to really work well on this box (took a ton of the mosquito noise out of Comedy Central).

I have had my own internal A2000 vs HD-xxFx97 thread for the past month and I decided the issues with the A2000 scared me enough to buy the JVC. Now, I have 30 days to decide if that is really what I want. If something turns out screwy, I'll exchange it for the A2000...

Hope that helps a bit.
post #68 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWF2 View Post

From my playing (no in depth testing):
HDMI can be used in Twin View, however it can't be swapped, meaning it stays the dominant picture (slightly larger, left side with sound).

Initially I was pulling my satellite & OTA over Coax and DVD & satellite over composite via receiver. I could put OTA and satellite SD feed on the same screen. I could switch back and forth making either dominant.

Now I run OTA thru the VIP622 HD DVR via HDMI and DVD is now on Component. I can go into Twin view with HDMI but cannot bring the DVD in with it. Its looking like anything on HDMI or Component can't be a secondary source.

If you are on cable you should be able to take Composite/component/Hdmi for the dominant window and take the cable coax for the secondary to get the footballs games

Hope this helps.
post #69 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 08:46 PM

I was wondering about the picture settings as well ..But when I called the place I bought it at they said to turn down the detail quite a bit ..I did to - 15 and that looks pretty good ..I was a little confused when I first started to work with the settings ..But the true HD channels look amazing ESPN HD ABC HD Ect.
post #70 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus_1 View Post

I emailed JVC Canada and heard back yesterday. My respondent reported that both the 56FH-97 and 56FN-97 were in stock and could be ordered through a local dealer here in St. John's for $3699 Cdn. Shipping is 7 days. I'm guessing this price is negotiable, but even if not, it works out roughly the same as buying on-line in the USA and having it shipped. Plus you have a Made in Canada warranty.

I didn't ask about any other models.

Good to hear. Like I said the 61FC97 is listed in Future Shop computer, but just wondering if it will be the same display quality as the FN97 or FH97??

Will have to wait and see.
post #71 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Advanced Member

Hey Guys, I've been lurking for a good while now and have come down to 2 sets.

The "JVC 61FN97" and the new "Sony 60" XBR2"

Have a few questions since I am newbish

1) Is the FN97 the flagship line or is it anther of JVC RP Sets??

2) What kind of price are you paying for your sets. Even if the XBR2 is better PQ, not sure I want to dump an extra $1k for a SMALL up in PQ.

3) SD pictures have to look nice as well. Not sure how the XBR2 will do (till it comes out) but does the new JVC sets do a nice job ??

4) BULB LIFE ??? What is the bulb life of the new JVC sets?? Word is the new XBR2 bulb life is only around 4000 hours. To be ... that is to little.

5) how much USER tweak does the JVC offer?? I am HUGE on tweaking color and stuff myself. I NEED this flex control.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
post #72 of 6643 Old 08-29-2006, 09:45 PM

Liked: 11
I joined the AVS forums last year some time and believe this may be my first post, so I bear with me. I have read quite a lot over time, even before I joined, and first off want to say thanks to everyone for all the great info. All of you here (and in other threads) have saved me from buying the wrong thing. Problem is every time I finally decided on buying a new HDTV, it was missing a feature I wanted, because a new technology had just evolved (1080p display, HDMI, 1080p input, etc...) and low and behold a newer, better one was just a few months away. Any of this sound familiar? Second, I want to take the time to say thank you to BB for its unorthodox display policy and unseemingly bad display signal as you will read about below. I'm not bashing on them, I buy my new DVDs there all the time, however you can't escape how bad the HDTV section is at the one close to me.

Anyway, I've been giving Uncle Sam a interest free loan for 2 years by not doing my tax returns. Which means I've got about 3G coming to me once I do file. While a kick butt ski vacation to Switzerland sounds good, I think a new HDTV will be a better investment and last longer than two weeks.

So it comes to this... I decided to swing by BB today to see the the new 56FN97 as their website says it is in stock. However, walking the floor I can't find it and no salespeople are around. Come to find out they went in back to pull it out for another customer. The salesman said he was only doing this because his manager said only to bring it out if he thought he could sell it and to only do so on a slow day. Well the other guy did buy the 56FN97, though I'm convinced he sold it to himself, as he was well versed in the tech specs, perhaps a fellow member of the forums. Anyway, siting two tvs to the right is the is the above mentioned Mitsu and this gave me a great chance for a little comparison. All the other tvs nearby had horrible PQ and I ignored them, bad call on my part, as it truly showed how well these sets performed. That and not withholding the awful feed that was going into all the sets there.

Here are the things that stuck out to my untrained eyes:

Not sure if this is the SSE I've read about or something else. Both screens had an equal amount of, damp sheen on it, for lack of a better term. When a portion of the screen was white or very bright and I moved my head slightly, it looked like someone had just wiped down the screen with Windex before it had time to dry off and had that wet rainbow look on it, though more speckled. However, once I started looking/focusing at other details of the screen or watching the HD material (salesman brought out a HD-DVD player) I didn't notice it anymore. Though it came back everytime I thought about and I ended up forcing myself to concentrate on the material. As both screens had it, and neither seemed better, it will be a moot point when deciding what to get in the future. In fact it seemed as all the RPTVs had it. Though these two had much less of a problem of it than what else was on the floor. Anyone know if this is a problem inherent with RPTVs as opposed to say plasmas?

Next was overall PQ. Both are excellent, especially compared to the rest of last generations stuff, a lot closer to a picture or painting instead of a pixelated computer monitor. The biggest difference I saw, was when standing 5 feet or more away. The JVC was sharper, almost to the point of being harsh. Where as, the Mitsu came off as being soft and fuzzy. Standing closer than 5 feet really made the differences between them come out. In the JVC, I could still pick out the spaces between the pixels, I was hoping that would have been eliminated in this generation. In the Mitsu everything blurred together, kind of like it was behind a soft focus lens. I couldn't make out the edges of objects or text. If there was only a tv that had a PQ between them. They both may actually be better than what I saw though. The JVC was literally just pulled out of the box, with out any tweaking. The Mitsu had been on the floor for who knows who long with I don't even want to know how many people adjusting its settings. Those who have these at home please let me/us know how much better they actually do look after some fine tuning or professional calibration. Of particular interest to me, is how noticable the spacing/lines are between the pixels on the JVC, as this is the TV I'm leaning towards.

Unfortunately, I really didn't get enough time to look at much else, as the other guy was happy enough with what he saw in this short time to have the unit boxed up and he took it home with him. I'm hoping to see the JVC again soon, though I may have to go elsewhere. One other thing, and this is totally personal preference, I'll have to be getting FH version. I really didn't like the gray bezel, I think it will look better in all black, we'll see though. What I'm really hoping for is that the FH version will have the bezel as shown in the pictures on the tapework TX website. Those to me look a lot cleaner and more modern. Just my own humble opinion, though.

I would comment on the Brightness and how deep the blacks got. However I don't believe the material was anywhere near good enough over the crap signal that BB was feeding it. Literally, 15 to 30 seconds couldn't go by without seeing the partial signal drop resulting in different colored blocks or lines appearing or to even the wonderful display of "No Signal". I feel lucky to see what I did. So, please take this review with a grain of salt, as it is probably the worst thing one could possibly see out of either of these displays, which leaves with much hope. Look forward to your replies, questions, and better review conditions.
post #73 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_Gee View Post

Hey Guys, I've been lurking for a good while now and have come down to 2 sets.

The "JVC 61FN97" and the new "Sony 60" XBR2"

Have a few questions since I am newbish

1) Is the FN97 the flagship line or is it anther of JVC RP Sets??

2) What kind of price are you paying for your sets. Even if the XBR2 is better PQ, not sure I want to dump an extra $1k for a SMALL up in PQ.

3) SD pictures have to look nice as well. Not sure how the XBR2 will do (till it comes out) but does the new JVC sets do a nice job ??

4) BULB LIFE ??? What is the bulb life of the new JVC sets?? Word is the new XBR2 bulb life is only around 4000 hours. To be ... that is to little.

5) how much USER tweak does the JVC offer?? I am HUGE on tweaking color and stuff myself. I NEED this flex control.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

1) Some would probably consider the FH97 the "flagship model" because of the gold plated inputs, and an RS232C input. Other than a few input options, speaker size and slight cabinet configurations, there is no difference between the FC, FN and FH series. (Exact same Engine, Screen settings, tweaks PQ etc.)

2.) Can't discuss price here, but you can probably expect to buy the FN97 for $1,300 to $1,500 below the JVC website list price

3.) SD does an excellent job, (especially in consideration that at my home, I am awaiting TWC to rewire my homes ancient cabling due to weak signal)

4.) The good news here is that this bulb has been around for a few years, used (I suspect) in all of JVC's RP sets. JVC LCD Projection TV Lamp / BULB TS-CL110UAA TS-CL110U. If you do an AVS search on "TS-CL110U" (with the quotation marks), you will get some feedback on bulb life. Buy a UPS device, APC, GeekSquad, whatever. Plug your TV into it. Never plug the TV directlly into a switchable outlet, (like the one on the back of Cable/Satellite boxes that are designed to turn the TV off when the box is turned of by cutting power to the TV). If the TV looses power while the bulb is HOT, it will severely shorten the life of the bulb. See this link for a good idea on pricing and range of JVC models that use it: http://www.discount-merchant.com/JVC...w.htm&Click=98

5.) Tweak away, there are also "Factory setting reset" options.

Columbia SC
post #74 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 06:00 AM

joebmed - I am assuming you were in Pearland, and that was me looking at the JVC.

BB's signal is fairly horrible, sales guy said it comes from FireFly - it's heavily compressed, 720p. Terrible. That really wasn't what I was looking for though because I know my signal at home is a lot better. I was looking for tinting issues, color uniformity, and a quick look at the black levels in comparison to the 3 or 4 A2000's I have seen. I still have a lot of tweaking to get the set right here, but as stated earlier, I have 30 days to make up my mind.

And, you are going to see SSE in most RPTVs. Some worse than others, of course. The better ones have more of a mirrored screen (think Qualia 006 here), but that can have the issue of horrid reflections depending on the room setup.
post #75 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
RoadRunner,

What about the color and tint adjustments with the HDMI connection to the 8300 ?
post #76 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 09:13 AM

Just got a phone call from the shipping company that my JVC 56FH97 will be delivered on Friday 9/1/06! Has anyone else actually received an FH model yet? I'm a newbie and no expert by any means but if anyone wants to know anything I'll do the best I can to answer. I'll be hooking it up to a Harman Kardon AVR745 with Faroudja video processing Receiver (Via HDMI and Component and maybe even the S video too!) and a fairly high end PC (Windows XP) with a Nvidia GeForce 7900GT (Via DVI to HDMI through the receiver hopefully) and a Sony Progressive 5 Disc DVD changer (through the receiver by Component). I've been reading the forums for quite a while and really appreciate all the great info and input everyone contributes, thanks a million!
post #77 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 09:47 AM

Has anyone tried to display your Mac's signal through the PC input? I assume it would be the same as a Windows based computer, but I read that it is not compatible with Apple computers.

Thanks
post #78 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yo Mark,

Where is yours coming from ?
post #79 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I received my 56fn97 yesterday. I'm not a videophile, so my observations may not be that helpful.

SSE is apparent to me, but I don't know that it is any more or less than other DLP/LCOS televisions. There may also be a convergence/tilt issue (one side of the screen is slightly tilted upward in non full screen aspects. That may be so minor that it's not really an issue. I don't know if or how I can change that within the user controls or not. Finally, I hooked up the TV's sound via optical digital to a Mainstage HD, but can't get the Mainstage to output the sound. Any help with this would be appreciated. There is no problem with the DVD sound (via coaxial) to the Mainstage.

I was one who wanted the all black FH, but did not want to wait for it. The little bit of silver does not bother me in the least.

So far it doesn't seem like the TV responds greatly to my crude attempts at adjusting it. On the plus side, for me, it doesn't look like it needs a lot of adjustment in the Theater Pro mode.

Overall, I am very pleased so far. The picture to my unsophisticated eyes is quite good and I look forward to hearing from other owners as they tweak and adjust their sets.
post #80 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Road,

Can you measure the height of the 61fn97 from bottom of stand to the top - specs say 40" but another schematic I saw showed 41 3/8"?

I have a vertical space of 58.25" to fit the TV and need to find furniture that will work. The JVC stand - RK-CEXM7 - is 19.75" tall so this won't fit.

Thanks
post #81 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 06:56 PM

Lankness, that was me at the Pearland store as well. I was surprised that the Galleria store doesn't have it yet. Last time I went there was about a month ago, and based on the models that I saw on display I had thought that BB was dropping JVC from their inventory and was trying to get rid of what was left on their shelves. Glad to see that is not the case.

What is this Firefly feed? I've never heard of it. I would think that they would be playing a BD or HD-DVD disc to show off the true capabilities of these HDTVs. I would think that would sell more of them then this Firefly feed. Speaking of Firefly, I bet Serenity would look awesome on them, especially with the opening sequence or the Reaver/Alliance battle.

I have a couple of questions if you have the time to answer. What did you think of the tinting issues, color uniformity, and the black levels in comparison to the A2000's you have seen or to the Mitsu 731 that was next to it? Have you been able to reduce (or do you think you will be able to reduce) the screen door effect at all, that I saw while at BB? Based on the pics you posted, it looks like they vanished!!!! Did you see the rainbow effect on the Mits?

Even with the SSE and SDE that is still there, I'm sure I won't be able to notice them while I'm sitting on my couch (about 10 feet from the screen) engrossed in HD content. However when I get up to change dvds I'll be looking for it, I do it with the Sony I have right now. In fact I think its time to go watch a little Arrested Development right now.

Thanks in advance and hope you are loving the new tv, err, HDTV.
post #82 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 07:33 PM

Anyone know how to acces the service menu?

Thanks.
post #83 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 07:48 PM

Hi..All my 56fn97 is being picked up by the local jvc service center ..It now has 3 problems
1. # 1 HDMI port dosent work ..#2 Optical audio out dosent work # 3 ..This is the biggest problem ..I have 8 to 10 dead pixels .. I called the place I bought it from and they are going to exchange it and i'll have a new one on Saturday ..JVC has excellent customer service ! ..The TV is just what I wanted - the problems of course.
post #84 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebmed View Post

Lankness, that was me at the Pearland store as well. I was surprised that the Galleria store doesn't have it yet. Last time I went there was about a month ago, and based on the models that I saw on display I had thought that BB was dropping JVC from their inventory and was trying to get rid of what was left on their shelves. Glad to see that is not the case.

What is this Firefly feed? I've never heard of it. I would think that they would be playing a BD or HD-DVD disc to show off the true capabilities of these HDTVs. I would think that would sell more of them then this Firefly feed. Speaking of Firefly, I bet Serenity would look awesome on them, especially with the opening sequence or the Reaver/Alliance battle.

I have a couple of questions if you have the time to answer. What did you think of the tinting issues, color uniformity, and the black levels in comparison to the A2000's you have seen or to the Mitsu 731 that was next to it? Have you been able to reduce (or do you think you will be able to reduce) the screen door effect at all, that I saw while at BB? Based on the pics you posted, it looks like they vanished!!!! Did you see the rainbow effect on the Mits?

Even with the SSE and SDE that is still there, I'm sure I won't be able to notice them while I'm sitting on my couch (about 10 feet from the screen) engrossed in HD content. However when I get up to change dvds I'll be looking for it, I do it with the Sony I have right now. In fact I think its time to go watch a little Arrested Development right now.

Thanks in advance and hope you are loving the new tv, err, HDTV.

I'm not exactly sure what FireFly is - the sales guy said that was the name of it, that it came over satellite, that they recorded it and played it back in a loop... It could definitely be an improvement if they used something else, but I don't really expect that they care...

I have mine hooked up now with the HD-DVR through both component and HDMI (will stay component, just wanted to compare), an HTPC through HDMI, and an Oppo will be here tomorrow to hook up (for the other HDMI). Colors are fantastic on this box, as well as the uniformity and black levels. I have yet to find any abnormal tinting anywhere.

I would say that the PQ is equal with the A2000 - both can use some tweaking out of the box, but I don't really see either stepping away from the other. In my opinion, the Sony and the JVC top the Mitsu... I really have not looked at them in depth, so this is really an uneducated opinion.

The SSE is pretty much gone after the little bit of calibration I have done. I can still pick it up in bright whites if I am close, but I really don't see it from the couch (~12' away).

One edge I may give the JVC over the Sony thus far is the handling of SD - it looks almost as good as my previous 36" CRT. You can only do so much when blowing up a picture that much - but it has definitely surpassed my expectations.

Edge to the Sony on changing inputs, unless I am missing something on with the JVC. It takes FOREVER to move from Input 1 to Digital 1 and Digital 2. I see where you can rename the inputs, but I don't see how you can skip them as you can with the Sony. That is going to get aggravating.

PC works awesome through the HDMI - I'm running an ATI X850 and have no issues sending any HD signal to the box and having it show up. There is a bit of overscan as expected, so I will have to play with PowerStrip a bit to find a happy medium. It is clear, crystal clear though. Saw the same setup on an A2000 and it was equivalent, so really no advantage either way....

Hope that helps - I'll try to get some better pics up tomorrow. I'm tired, gotta get some rest...
post #85 of 6643 Old 08-30-2006, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerboy View Post

Hi..All my 56fn97 is being picked up by the local jvc service center ..It now has 3 problems
1. # 1 HDMI port dosent work ..#2 Optical audio out dosent work # 3 ..This is the biggest problem ..I have 8 to 10 dead pixels .. I called the place I bought it from and they are going to exchange it and i'll have a new one on Saturday ..JVC has excellent customer service ! ..The TV is just what I wanted - the problems of course.

Sorry to hear about your issues, but very glad that they seem to be taking care of you quickly. Keep us posted.
post #86 of 6643 Old 08-31-2006, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1710 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Hey guys,

I think the "firefly" connection is actually the "firewire" connection. Firefly is the class of spacecraft that was being used in the Sci Fi show Serenity. Entirely different proposition.

JVC has a high definition recorder (D-VHS) that will accept a firewire connection. My guess is that you can connect the display with this firewire connection to record OTA and playback programs in high definition.
post #87 of 6643 Old 08-31-2006, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:

I would like to see someone start a KDS-XX2000 vs. HD-XXFX97 thread...

Just what we need is another 'One and only' thread.

Recording free OTA TV for 'time shifting' has been here since 1975. Will there be DVR's to do the same when ATSC3 obsoletes existing DVR's??
post #88 of 6643 Old 08-31-2006, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 899 Post(s)
Liked: 349
joebmed; Very good review, your description of SSE is right on, though I refer it to a fresh coat of fallen powered snow.
The two sets you mentioned, this 'other' Mits set was a 731?? Same size?

Lankness & joebmed; Welcome to the forums, but it would be helpful to all of the rest of us to know just where the heck you guys are from since most of us have no idea. There is a option in your preferences to include your location.
Quote:

Anyone know how to acces the service menu?

Please use the search function;
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638602

The quote on the side of the box;
Quote:

No hassle HD from OTA or unscrambled cable channels.

Is that "or" or is it 'and'??
Could/would any of you without a STB or with one disconnected see if the set can store separate lists for OTA and cable digital channels? IOW's do a OTA scan (shouldn't need an external antenna if you are close enough), swap cables, then do a cable scan. Swap back and switch to OTA and see if those OTA channels are still there.
Also, can digital channels be added to the OTA list (as in stations from opposite directions)?
I'm talking only about digital channels, not analog, as analog have never been a problem.

Recording free OTA TV for 'time shifting' has been here since 1975. Will there be DVR's to do the same when ATSC3 obsoletes existing DVR's??
post #89 of 6643 Old 08-31-2006, 07:00 AM
AJF
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Are any of you going with an extended warranty and if so, how much are they charging for it ? I almost never buy one but I might with this set .

Thanks
post #90 of 6643 Old 08-31-2006, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJF View Post

Are any of you going with an extended warranty and if so, how much are they charging for it ? I almost never buy one but I might with this set .

Thanks

I am getting the extended Mack Warranty through a place that deals with tapes in TX... varying prices depending on length and if you want bulb replacement included or not... check their website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page