how to connect ext ant to portable tv? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-20-2018, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how to connect ext ant to portable tv?

Hi all, I got a nice Panasonic TR-205 portable TV. Very vintage looking, very cute stuff. Bah.. it has an ext-ant port in the back, and a 3.5mm jack was just a tad bit "too thin"... is there anything a tad bit larger? but not super fat like those mega karaoke jacks. what's the next step above 3.5?

Anyway, from there, do I still have to connect it to a uhf/vhf adapter, an then from that adapter, go to a 75 to 300 ohm to coaxial adapter before going composite?

Steps would be appreciated. It's for hobby purposes, not trying to watch TV. I might wanna display some content from the PC onto it for store display etc... fun stuff! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-20-2018, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2235 Post(s)
Liked: 2098
Cute, but the tuner is obsolete. No antenna will work or pick up/decode any OTA signals.

If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 3 Old 07-25-2018, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey while we are on the topic of obsolete.... How about radio shack....
I think this is what you want: https://www.radioshack.com/products/standard-f-plug-to-1-8-jack

"Use this F-Connector Female Jack to 1/8" Plug Adapter to enhance the picture and sound of your portable TV by connecting an external antenna."

I have one of these in a box somewhere. I used it to connect an external antenna to a pocket TV once. You should be able to drive your TV with the RF output of a VCR or anything else with Ch 3/4 RF output.

No VCR, no problem... Just get one of these for direct conversion of composite video to RF: https://www.amazon.com/RCA-Compact-R.../dp/B0014KKV7W

My semi-dedicated theater: The EXASCALE CINEMA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page