Fixing progressive modes on an HD FD Wega - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-05-2018, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Fixing progressive modes on an HD FD Wega

I did the stupid thing and reset my service menu, and although I’ve managed to get the geometry and color back, and I have a good working picture with 480i and 1080i signals, 480p and 720p signals are failing to work. I get pinkish flickering garbage.

I’ve been looking and trying to fix this for days. I downloaded what appears to be every relevant PDF and excel file, as well as a few for similar (but different) TVs. I’ve poked about every setting in the service menu and I still have no picture with a 480p or 720p input.

This seems to be something a number of people have reported doing, and few have reported fixing. However, there aren’t really any posts I’ve seen saying actually what gets back the progressive support. Does anyone know? I’m getting very close to performing yet another full NVM reset and starting over…

I’m really praying someone knows what to do here. I’ve even telephoned a TV repair shop…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-06-2018, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by brirec View Post
I did the stupid thing and reset my service menu, and although I’ve managed to get the geometry and color back, and I have a good working picture with 480i and 1080i signals, 480p and 720p signals are failing to work. I get pinkish flickering garbage.
Assuming you are connecting using a computer, have you tried creating some custom resolutions with different timings? Sometimes that gives me different results on my TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page