AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/64-direct-view-single-tube-crt-displays/)
-   -   Over scaning with my Sony KD-34XBR960 (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/64-direct-view-single-tube-crt-displays/3006250-over-scaning-my-sony-kd-34xbr960.html)

mraroid 10-02-2018 12:49 PM

Over scaning with my Sony KD-34XBR960

Hi folks.....

I bought a Sony KD-34XBR960 new from Sony and just love. it. Yes, it is not 4K or have HDR, but the picture stunning.

I seem to have a problem with overs scaning.that I can not fix.

When I hook a blu-ray player up to the HDMI input, my icons are cut off on the left hand side of the screen. When I pull up a Netflix menu, I also have things cut off on the left hand side of the screen. When I move to Amazon Prime, I also see a lot of stuff cut off on the left hand side of the screen. If a paragraph of text is visible for a movie I have selected to read about on Amazon Prime, I loose maybe the first word and sometimes two words of a sentence on the left hand side of the screen.

I have tried three different blu-ray players. All do the same thing. If I bought a really old bl-ray player, might it help?

A friend of mine hooks his windows computer up to his set (he has the same model number Sony CRT as I do), and he looses a perimeter around the entire screen.

I do not have any issues like this when I move the blu-ray players to my 65 inch OLED TV. I can read everything.

Is there an adjustment I can do to if I took the back cover off the TV? When I was a little kid back in the 1960s I remember my dad sticking a wood or plastic stick into some trim pots to adjust the right left and up an down of the picture. Is this what needs to be done? If so, can someone photograph this part of the TV I need to adjust?

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

jack in Salem Oregon

Bruce2019 10-14-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mraroid (Post 56897252)
Hi folks.....

I bought a Sony KD-34XBR960 new from Sony and just love. it. Yes, it is not 4K or have HDR, but the picture stunning.

When I hook a blu-ray player up to the HDMI input, my icons are cut off on the left hand side of the screen. When I pull up a Netflix menu, I also have things cut off on the left hand side of the screen. When I move to Amazon Prime, I also see a lot of stuff cut off on the left hand side of the screen. If a paragraph of text is visible for a movie I have selected to read about on Amazon Prime, I loose maybe the first word and sometimes two words of a sentence on the left hand side of the screen.

I have tried three different blu-ray players. All do the same thing. If I bought a really old bl-ray player, might it help?

A friend of mine hooks his windows computer up to his set (he has the same model number Sony CRT as I do), and he looses a perimeter around the entire screen.

I do not have any issues like this when I move the blu-ray players to my 65 inch OLED TV. I can read everything.

Is there an adjustment I can do to if I took the back cover off the TV? When I was a little kid back in the 1960s I remember my dad sticking a wood or plastic stick into some trim pots to adjust the right left and up an down of the picture. Is this what needs to be done? If so, can someone photograph this part of the TV I need to adjust?

Thanks in advance,

jack in Salem Oregon

In the service menu.. H and V Size adjust the stretch of the image.. Search the internet how to do it..

Ratman 10-14-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce2019 (Post 56955830)
In the service menu.. H and V Size adjust the stretch of the image.. Search the internet how to do it..

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/64-di...-34xbr960.html

Bahn Yuki 03-17-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mraroid (Post 56897252)
Hi folks.....

Thanks in advance,

jack in Salem Oregon

I have two of these sets, I used my pc in order to get the screen properly set up.

Nice to see another Salemite in here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk