Over scaning with my Sony KD-34XBR960 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By mraroid
  • 1 Post By Bruce2019
  • 1 Post By Ratman
  • 1 Post By Bahn Yuki

post #1 of 4 Old 10-02-2018, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Over scaning with my Sony KD-34XBR960

Hi folks.....

I bought a Sony KD-34XBR960 new from Sony and just love. it. Yes, it is not 4K or have HDR, but the picture stunning.

I seem to have a problem with overs scaning.that I can not fix.

When I hook a blu-ray player up to the HDMI input, my icons are cut off on the left hand side of the screen. When I pull up a Netflix menu, I also have things cut off on the left hand side of the screen. When I move to Amazon Prime, I also see a lot of stuff cut off on the left hand side of the screen. If a paragraph of text is visible for a movie I have selected to read about on Amazon Prime, I loose maybe the first word and sometimes two words of a sentence on the left hand side of the screen.

I have tried three different blu-ray players. All do the same thing. If I bought a really old bl-ray player, might it help?

A friend of mine hooks his windows computer up to his set (he has the same model number Sony CRT as I do), and he looses a perimeter around the entire screen.

I do not have any issues like this when I move the blu-ray players to my 65 inch OLED TV. I can read everything.

Is there an adjustment I can do to if I took the back cover off the TV? When I was a little kid back in the 1960s I remember my dad sticking a wood or plastic stick into some trim pots to adjust the right left and up an down of the picture. Is this what needs to be done? If so, can someone photograph this part of the TV I need to adjust?

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

jack in Salem Oregon
JA Fant likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-14-2018, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 548 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraroid View Post
Hi folks.....

I bought a Sony KD-34XBR960 new from Sony and just love. it. Yes, it is not 4K or have HDR, but the picture stunning.

When I hook a blu-ray player up to the HDMI input, my icons are cut off on the left hand side of the screen. When I pull up a Netflix menu, I also have things cut off on the left hand side of the screen. When I move to Amazon Prime, I also see a lot of stuff cut off on the left hand side of the screen. If a paragraph of text is visible for a movie I have selected to read about on Amazon Prime, I loose maybe the first word and sometimes two words of a sentence on the left hand side of the screen.

I have tried three different blu-ray players. All do the same thing. If I bought a really old bl-ray player, might it help?

A friend of mine hooks his windows computer up to his set (he has the same model number Sony CRT as I do), and he looses a perimeter around the entire screen.

I do not have any issues like this when I move the blu-ray players to my 65 inch OLED TV. I can read everything.

Is there an adjustment I can do to if I took the back cover off the TV? When I was a little kid back in the 1960s I remember my dad sticking a wood or plastic stick into some trim pots to adjust the right left and up an down of the picture. Is this what needs to be done? If so, can someone photograph this part of the TV I need to adjust?

Thanks in advance,

jack in Salem Oregon

In the service menu.. H and V Size adjust the stretch of the image.. Search the internet how to do it..
JA Fant likes this.

2013 Panasonic TX-P42STW60 PDP
2009 Panasonic TX-P42S10E PDP
post #3 of 4 Old 10-14-2018, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2358 Post(s)
Liked: 2211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce2019 View Post
In the service menu.. H and V Size adjust the stretch of the image.. Search the internet how to do it..

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/64-di...-34xbr960.html
JA Fant likes this.

If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough – Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-17-2019, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Send a message via AIM to Bahn Yuki Send a message via MSN to Bahn Yuki Send a message via Yahoo to Bahn Yuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by mraroid View Post
Hi folks.....

Thanks in advance,

jack in Salem Oregon
I have two of these sets, I used my pc in order to get the screen properly set up.

Nice to see another Salemite in here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
JA Fant likes this.

JVC RS400, Denon X6300H, Klipsch RP-280F x 2, RP-450C, RB-51 II x 2, RS-42 II x 2, RB-41 II x 2, R-150M in 7.1.4, 150" Silver Ticket
LG 65C7, Denon X4300H, Klipsch RF-26 x 2, RC-52 II, Onkyo speakers in 5.1.4 setup
TCL 55P605, Klipsch 2.1 Certified THX speakers
Sony 34XBR960 x 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Tags
overscaning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page