Old Sharp CRT TV remote wrong commands - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-31-2019, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Old Sharp CRT TV remote wrong commands

Hello guys
I bought a 2nd hand CRT TV for testing my Nintendo Famicoms, which have only RF output.

Found a Sharp VT1428M with original remote. This is a PAL/SECAM/NTSC compatible TV, seems originally for the Russian market.

Anyway, the problem is that some of the remote buttons don't respond the way they should. Most buttons are OK (volume, channel, numbers), but when I press MENU and then + to browse through the menus, the TV turns off. Press + again turns it on.

Other keys seem to be completely off too, like the "VHS Play" button is a shortcut to channel 9, and "VHS Stop" is a shortcut to channel 32. I have no idea what's going on.

Also, using channel up and down, the tv misses many channels, e.g. it jumps from 1 to 4, then up to 9, then to 32. But I can select all channels manually with the _/_ _ function.

The remote was very dirty when I got the set, so I opened it and cleaned it completely.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

(Oh, and, I can't get a picture from the Famicom, that's why I wanted to access the menu, to try to scan all channels or do something from there.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-11-2019, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I would try using a universal remote.
The frequency could be slightly off in the oscillator in the remote causing the pulse rate to be too fast or too slow causing decode problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page