BEKO 14242TDS RGB Shifted Left, Can't Access Service Menu - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2019, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
BEKO 14242TDS RGB Shifted Left, Can't Access Service Menu

Hi, I have a 14" BEKO CRT TV that I got with the intention of playing my old consoles on it, but anything with RGB signal is shifted way off to the left. Normally I use Menu and either 9 3 0 1 or 8 5 0 0 to access the service menu, but none of those codes seem to work on this set. Is there even a way for me to find out what chassis it is or a way to access the menu if it happens to be 14.1 or 14.2?

I'm not even sure if this is the right place for this but I don't know where else to ask and I can't find any info anywhere. I was hoping there'd just be an app for Android for phones with an IR beam that I could use, I don't even think I can even source the service remote if I need one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-03-2019, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I managed to solve the issue. For anyone with a similar old set that needs to access the service menu, I used a spare Galaxy S5 since it has an IR blaster. I downloaded an app named irplus that allows assigning specific code to a button and used a program named pronto to convert "RC5 0 29" (the command for service in/out) at 39kHz to hex. Once I sent the command, the menu popped up and I could use the normal remote to make adjustments, then just sent the command with the app again to close the service menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page