Toshiba 35AFX54 - Horizontal Linearity - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-07-2019, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Toshiba 35AFX54 - Horizontal Linearity

My set is exhibiting horizontal non-linearity as described in this picture (except it is my left side that is squished) and it is extremely noticeable on horizontally scrolling retro games.

So the only linearity option I have in the service menu, LIN, only adjusts the vertical linearity. I've fiddled with all the other options and nothing seems to effect the horizontal linearity. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-11-2019, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Since all tvs are properly adjusted from the factory, adjustments should never be needed.
I suspect you have a loose solder connection in the horizontal section or a weak oil filled capacitor in that section
post #3 of 5 Old 08-12-2019, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old tv guy View Post
Since all tvs are properly adjusted from the factory, adjustments should never be needed.
I suspect you have a loose solder connection in the horizontal section or a weak oil filled capacitor in that section
Argh, I was afraid of that. I don't mind delving into the back of it, though. While I'm back there, would I be able to upgrade the voltage regulator to help with the "blooming" effect of bright images? I can definitely tell the screen gets "bigger" during bright screens and shrinks during dark screens (it reveals the actual edges of the image).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-13-2019, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

I'm also having another issue -- I'm getting some sort of "wrinkle" effect at the left and right edges of the screen, only on green and blue colors.
I tried my best to get a picture of the effect, you can faintly see it on the left side here:
https://imgur.com/TdXfOKj
It's a lot more noticeable in motion.

Last edited by TurboGuard; 08-13-2019 at 08:10 AM. Reason: WHY CANT I LINK TO MY GOOGLE PICS!?!?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2019, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Should I just replace all the components in the horizontal deflection area of the board? Looks like all the parts are still available...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page