Sony PVM-1953MD blown horizontal output transistor - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-21-2019, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sony PVM-1953MD blown horizontal output transistor

Hey all!  not too sure how many people have or has not worked on a Trinitron PVM before. I picked up two of these the other day and this one was said to power up with no picture however when I powered it up it's instantly blew the horizontal output transistor after I heard high voltage and degauss come up. I looked around the area for any problematic issues and I did not find any so I went ahead and replaced the horizontal output transistor and had fired it backup with my fingers crossed and then managed to blow up an inductor in location L505.

now I'm confused I did have high voltage and degauss come up again before the inductor blew but the horizontal output transistor seems OK still. Does anybody have a schematic on this particular board? I have a feeling it's going to be a doozie.

It appears the inductor is off the 180v that comes out of the flyback that runs the grid control to the G1 screen adjustment on the neckboard. This is closely related to the base junction off the HOT at 125 ohms reading. This is true with both boards so there is a correlation between the HOT shorting and possibly damaging this inductor?

Btw this is some odd high efficiency kind of inductor which reads high resistance until activated. It has tho painted dots on the top to represent the mh resistance. Not like the usual wire wound iron core style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page