The Offical Epson 8350 Owners Thread - Page 314 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 49Likes

post #9391 of 9398 Old 03-24-2019, 09:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by descalabro View Post
The blue LCD is probably failing. That’s why some parts become yellow, because blue is not mixing with red and green to produce white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you think one of the LCD panels failing could be an intermittent issue? Funny thing happened this week. I'm preparing my theater room for the new projector. FWIW it's going to be a BenQ HT3550 that's capable of 4K @ 60hz. Because of this, I swapped out my two 35' long HDMI cables running from my receiver to the projector with HDMI 2.0 spec cables. Since the 8350 still produces a picture, I used it so I could correctly label the HDMI cables, I had no idea which was which after fishing them through my walls and ceiling. I was surprised that when I started the projector, the colors / picture were back to normal.

When I initially had this problem, I had switched between the two HDMI cables that I already had running to the projector, tried different sources, etc... but nothing made a difference. Even though I feel I did the proper trouble shooting, I'm left with the feeling in the back of my mind that perhaps the Epson is not at fault. I guess I'll have a few weeks to see if anything changes because the shipping dates for the BenQ HT3550 projectors may have been pushed back a few weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9392 of 9398 Old 03-24-2019, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
Do you think one of the LCD panels failing could be an intermittent issue? Funny thing happened this week. I'm preparing my theater room for the new projector. FWIW it's going to be a BenQ HT3550 that's capable of 4K @ 60hz. Because of this, I swapped out my two 35' long HDMI cables running from my receiver to the projector with HDMI 2.0 spec cables. Since the 8350 still produces a picture, I used it so I could correctly label the HDMI cables, I had no idea which was which after fishing them through my walls and ceiling. I was surprised that when I started the projector, the colors / picture were back to normal.

When I initially had this problem, I had switched between the two HDMI cables that I already had running to the projector, tried different sources, etc... but nothing made a difference. Even though I feel I did the proper trouble shooting, I'm left with the feeling in the back of my mind that perhaps the Epson is not at fault. I guess I'll have a few weeks to see if anything changes because the shipping dates for the BenQ HT3550 projectors may have been pushed back a few weeks.

Yes, failure of 1 LCD panel or even 1 of the 3 colors may be intermittent and also may be related to the input port or input cable.

post #9393 of 9398 Old 03-24-2019, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by descalabro View Post
Yes, failure of 1 LCD panel or even 1 of the 3 colors may be intermittent and also may be related to the input port or input cable.

Thanks for the response!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9394 of 9398 Old 06-20-2019, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Silly question, but can this projector output anything higher than 30fps? It never mattered to me before, but now with so many things wanting to run at 60fps I didn't know if the PJ could even handle that.
post #9395 of 9398 Old 08-11-2019, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bulb question

Not sure how many are still posting here but I have 8350. I am on my second bulb (generic) and it just passed the 4000 hour mark. Noticed the power light and the lamp light both flashing which indicates "replace bulb soon" according to the manual. I ordered another generic but decided to see if I just reset the hours on the lamp if the warning lights would go off. They did. The bulb itself is not showing any dimming so am I ok? Or should I go ahead and replace the bulb? Any harm in riding it out until it dies?
post #9396 of 9398 Old 08-12-2019, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 18
So mine died recently with both lights flashing red so I upgraded to the 6050. If anyones interested before I tossed it in the trash I took it apart, it's a pretty large task to get everything apart to remove dust from the different glass elements/filters. It would be nice if the light path was sealed so no dust would enter it at all and it shouldn't be difficult or expensive to add a plastic "lid" to the section.

post #9397 of 9398 Old 08-12-2019, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I’ve disassembled a few of these. The lightpath itself usually doesn’t get too much dust. It’s not sealed, but the air isn’t blown in that direction, but rather directly into the polarizer filters and LCD panels. And that’s why the system isn’t sealed. With air coming directly towards those panels, it’s anything but sealed.

post #9398 of 9398 Old 08-13-2019, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT_Dean View Post
Not sure how many are still posting here but I have 8350. I am on my second bulb (generic) and it just passed the 4000 hour mark. Noticed the power light and the lamp light both flashing which indicates "replace bulb soon" according to the manual. I ordered another generic but decided to see if I just reset the hours on the lamp if the warning lights would go off. They did. The bulb itself is not showing any dimming so am I ok? Or should I go ahead and replace the bulb? Any harm in riding it out until it dies?
In the same situation here with a factory bulb. I am sure it is a lot dimmer and a new bulb is here in the box.

Curious if there is an issue with riding out the bulb. Otherwise the pj is working fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page