Official Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010 / 6010 thread - Page 124 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #3691 of 3699 Old 04-27-2019, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by berstuck View Post
I'm having a hard time seeing it in your images, but on the right side it looks kind of like the panels aren't aligned. Have you tried doing a panell alignment in the pj setup yet? It's relatively quick and easy once you get a hang of it. Hopefully that's all it is anyways, and not something expensive to repair.
here are a couple more pics.. I have tried the alignment it is defiantly stretching over a large number of pixels which leads me to believe that it is an glass or lamp issue.
I just spent an hour trying to align the panels better, but it also seams my focus drifts the further I get from the center of the lens... I even pulled the red as far as I could from the right side of the screen and it still remained.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3414.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	2559298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3415.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	2559300   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3416.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	2559302  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3692 of 3699 Old 04-27-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyt16 View Post
While I can see what it is you're referring too, that's not a very good image.
Image also needs to be clearer and closer.

Put the alignment pattern on so we can see the alignment.
I think I also get something similar though not as bad because of the amount of realignment I had to do to get the picture right. It wasn't good out of the box.

Try turning off the alignment and see if it remains.
It makes zero difference if I have the alignment turned on or off. I have also noticed that I do have a green line of pixels on the left side of the screen for sure. also should the convergence just be one pixel line thick? it seems to be much blurrier than that in my case, and I have this thing pretty nailed as far as focus goes.. maybe I really just need to tweak the focus in a bit more, but I have noticed that my focus drifts the further I get from the center of the lens. any ideas there?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3418.jpg
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	2559304   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3417.jpg
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	2559306  
post #3693 of 3699 Old 04-27-2019, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad McClymonds View Post
It makes zero difference if I have the alignment turned on or off.
That would be because you don't have the panels aligned. Take the time to learn how to do it correctly, it's not bad, but not necessarily intuitive at first. If you can't align the panels, or if panel alignment doesn't help then I'm out of ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3694 of 3699 Old 04-27-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berstuck View Post
That would be because you don't have the panels aligned. Take the time to learn how to do it correctly, it's not bad, but not necessarily intuitive at first. If you can't align the panels, or if panel alignment doesn't help then I'm out of ideas.
I do have the panels aligned.. it almost seems the red panel is out of alignment because it is blurry.. the best I can get it aligned is with bleed over both sides of the edges of the green.
post #3695 of 3699 Old 04-27-2019, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad McClymonds View Post
I do have the panels aligned.. it almost seems the red panel is out of alignment because it is blurry.. the best I can get it aligned is with bleed over both sides of the edges of the green.
Look at text and not images. If I switch lcd alignment off text becomes incredibly blurry, as soon it's back on everything is sharp again. Like I said previously though, if that's truly not it, then I'm stumped.
post #3696 of 3699 Old 05-15-2019, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010 Blues

I have an Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010 and it has stopped working.
The lamp leaves wont retract and the thing won't respond to any commands. Just a blue blinking light.

Does anyone know if this spells the end for my PJ (since it's not valuable enough to send out for repair) or if this is maybe just indicative of a lamp replacement required?

I took out the lamp cube and it looks OK to my eye (not sure what I should expect to see). I also don't want to buy a new lamp just to find out that it isn't the issue.

Out of warranty now so Epson won't advise :-(

Last edited by Russ Rubman; 05-15-2019 at 11:18 AM. Reason: spelling
post #3697 of 3699 Old 05-16-2019, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Rubman View Post
I have an Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010 and it has stopped working.
The lamp leaves wont retract and the thing won't respond to any commands. Just a blue blinking light.

Does anyone know if this spells the end for my PJ (since it's not valuable enough to send out for repair) or if this is maybe just indicative of a lamp replacement required?

I took out the lamp cube and it looks OK to my eye (not sure what I should expect to see). I also don't want to buy a new lamp just to find out that it isn't the issue.

Out of warranty now so Epson won't advise :-(
Hi,

which blinking blue light is it? Does it have any specific pattern to the blinking?

What do you mean by "The lamp leaves wont retract"?

Is there any activity on the fans, or ar they stopped? If there is, are they spinning loudly or normally?
post #3698 of 3699 Old 05-21-2019, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Sorry...I didn't see the notification that you posted. Thanks for the reply!

To answer your questions:

The first light at the front on top of the projector is blinking a steady blue on and off.
The fan is running and sounds normal.

I am referring to the lens shutters. There are left and right black shutters that open when the projector is turned on. They do not open now.

The projector is unresponsive to any commands. It just blinks steadily and the fan runs but it is otherwise unresponsive to anything on the side panel or remote.
post #3699 of 3699 Old 05-22-2019, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Anybody else able to offer some assistance here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Cpu Fan , Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350 , Epson Powerlite Pro Cinema 6010 Projector , Projectors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page