Delay in brightness on Optoma TS551 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently bought an Optoma TS551 and am pretty happy with it. However I'm new to digital projectors so maybe someone can help me to understand how to solve the problem I'm about to mention.

When a scene or shot changes from light to dark, even subtly, it takes a second or two for the brightness levels to adjust. So during the shot there will be a sudden shift in brightness, or darkness, depending on the shot, a couple of seconds after the shot has changed.

It sounds very similar to the problems of the Image AI function on the newer Optomas, but as far as I can tell this model doesn't have that option.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to or how to solve this issue? It can be annoying when you're involved in the film to see the brightness jumping all over the place seconds after the shot changed.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, though Optoma support has been less that helpful. If you figure it out, or have already figured it out, please shared the solution! It's been annoying me for the past several months! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Ts551 3d Compatible Portable Multimedia Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page