Quiet LED projectors that are not DLP? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 42 Old 06-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru64 View Post

Yup I should have tried this when I had mine but now I'll wait and see what other new stuff is coming out. I can still get the PA75U again but I'm hoping that LG has a new model in the works, just like the recent PG65U which sounds very nice but I'd rather wait a little more. smile.gif

Yeah, I would have liked to get the pa75u but I bought the pa70g 6 months ago, so I can't see myself getting it. So if you wait, you might get even better model and you can test it out for the rest of us.

p.s. I think I have a way to figure out focus issues, if you have top of screen unfocus or bottom of screen unfocus, try moving the PJ higher or lower to see if that fixes it, same with left or right focus issue, move the PJ left or right until left/right focus is fixed. What do you think of that for troubleshooting focus issue. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 Old 06-04-2013, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

Yeah, I would have liked to get the pa75u but I bought the pa70g 6 months ago, so I can't see myself getting it. So if you wait, you might get even better model and you can test it out for the rest of us.

p.s. I think I have a way to figure out focus issues, if you have top of screen unfocus or bottom of screen unfocus, try moving the PJ higher or lower to see if that fixes it, same with left or right focus issue, move the PJ left or right until left/right focus is fixed. What do you think of that for troubleshooting focus issue. smile.gif

It sounds like a good idea and if it works it would save me a lot of headaches so I will try your suggestions with my PJ the next time.

I'll wait for LG to release their PA80 or PG80 model which I really hope they do by September, otherwise I will be paying more attention to the 800 lumens Qumi Q7 reviews.
post #33 of 42 Old 06-05-2013, 03:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
came across this tonight Cannon

If you like that read this.

"3LED technology is employed to bring on what Canon describes as superior quality: “because the LED light source for each primary color (red, green, and blue) is used without splitting light through a color wheel

estimated retail price of $799"

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifeek.gif

Can't wait for the reviews on this one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 42 Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Ale View Post

came across this tonight Cannon

If you like that read this.

"3LED technology is employed to bring on what Canon describes as superior quality: “because the LED light source for each primary color (red, green, and blue) is used without splitting light through a color wheel

estimated retail price of $799"

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifeek.gif

Can't wait for the reviews on this one

The problems that I see is only 3,000:1 contrast ratio. LG has 15,000:1 and the new LG LED's are 100,000:1. Also 500 lumens, and not sure about warranty because it says 3years which is good but 120 days on bulb(wtf), does it come with a bulb. The LG are 2 years but it doesn't say anything about bulb replacement limit. Also the canon is 20,000 hours compared to Lg 30,000.
With all that being said, maybe the reviews will be good, I was just talking specs, so after we see some pro reviews and user reviews we can tell better if it's a contender. It could be.
post #35 of 42 Old 06-05-2013, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 915 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgtaa View Post

The problems that I see is only 3,000:1 contrast ratio. LG has 15,000:1 and the new LG LED's are 100,000:1. Also 500 lumens, and not sure about warranty because it says 3years which is good but 120 days on bulb(wtf), does it come with a bulb. The LG are 2 years but it doesn't say anything about bulb replacement limit. Also the canon is 20,000 hours compared to Lg 30,000.
With all that being said, maybe the reviews will be good, I was just talking specs, so after we see some pro reviews and user reviews we can tell better if it's a contender. It could be.

Manufacturers basically pull CR numbers out of thier behinds. These all use the same chip from TI. Their actual scene CR is probably the same across the board.
post #36 of 42 Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Manufacturers basically pull CR numbers out of thier behinds. These all use the same chip from TI. Their actual scene CR is probably the same across the board.

It would be nice to have some type of uniform testing method for contrast ratio, right? But probably only the company with the best contrast ratio would like it. smile.gif

Now I can tell the difference between models that have 3,000:1 vs 15,000:1 ... but between 3,000:1 to 5,000:1 I don't think I could tell. So there is some truth to the bigger contrast ratio numbers, but it is hard to tell BS from fact, I agree with you. smile.gif
post #37 of 42 Old 06-05-2013, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

You could have a uniform method, but good luck getting the manufacturers to shear to it.

These are shrunken darkchip3 dmds in all these correct? Even 15k is a stretch for real world viewing.3-5 is probably accurate for all of them.
post #38 of 42 Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Advanced Member

djbclark
So have you done any more research and come up with a few models that might work for you. Some of us forgot about you and got sidetracked, sorry about that.

Guys, would all the current crop of LED's have the same problem of RBE for him. I am sensitive to RBE but it seems like djbclark is "super sensitive". I wonder if the 700 lumen aspect of the pa75u was too bright, as experiement maybe put the PJ on lowest brightness setting or change the screen type. Was it showing on just wall or screen and type of screen. Sometimes changing stuff like that can help, something to experiment with.
post #39 of 42 Old 06-05-2013, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 417
I just saw that Sony is coming out in August with a LED projector that uses LCD panels...
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/03/sony-vpl-fhz55-laser-projector-3lcd/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

Has anyone heard or seen this?
post #40 of 42 Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

I just saw that Sony is coming out in August with a LED projector that uses LCD panels...
http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/03/sony-vpl-fhz55-laser-projector-3lcd/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

I saw that on engadget too and thought it looked promising... until I saw all the high-end input jacks, 4000 lumens, and 1920x1200 resolution and realized this will probably be a $5-10,000 machine. Oh well, still looks interesting. Can't figure out why the inputs are on the front though.
post #41 of 42 Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Where did you get that this was led?

Probably 7999 as well.
post #42 of 42 Old 06-06-2013, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post

Where did you get that this was led?

Probably 7999 as well.

My mistake. I had read before that the Viewsonic was a LED projector and they used the blue laser... I assumed that since this was a blue laser it was a LED. As far as the price it has a projected street price of under $5k. Granted it is still way higher than I want to pay ($3k or less).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Lg Electronics Pa70g Micro Portable Led Projector , Lg Pa75u Dlp Home Theater Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page