Acer H5360 Color Wheel Failing or Dirty I Believe, Anyone know how to clean color wheel for this model? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

Loved my Acer 5360 for about a year and then recently it has been flashing weird colors pretty consistently about 10 minutes after the projector has been running. Does anyone know how to, or where I can find how to access the color wheel myself and attempt cleaning it?

I think I have the same problem as the one depicted in this video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4meJATOrMYg

Anyways I've searched and haven't been able to find the information I need on how to open this thing up and clean the color wheel. I've tried compressed air by blowing in all crevices and removing the lamp. A repair shop near me wants about 100-125 for cleaning the whole thing and taking it apart, but because my lamp is near end of life, that would cost me another 100-200 bucks leaving me close to the cost of a brand new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I seem to have figured it out. Figured out how to pop off the top case cover, ended up breaking 1 of the clamps but oh well. I used a microfiber cloth and just kind of wiped down the color wheel glass which was pretty easy to find once the cover was off. Blew it out good with compressed air and then put back together. Seems like the color is working fine for now at least. Hopefully the fix will last for a while.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 28
thanks for the info you probably should of asked in the h5360 thread most of us owners are subscribed to smile.gif anyway i'll keep that fix in mind if it happens to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Acer H5360 3d Dlp Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page