Projector And Screen Advice (Epson 3020?) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-07-2013, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm new to the whole projector scene and I'm looking for a bit of advice. My target budget for setting up a projector was about $2,000 and flexing up to $2500 if a great deal came along. My plan was to wait and see how Black Friday goes and hope to get a good deal on a Epson 5020 since they're rolling out the 5030. In the process, I found an Epson 3020 NIB for $1200 which seems like a great deal. This would leave a bit of money to go for a higher end screen. My question is this:

How important do people feel the screen is. I was looking at a 110" Elite fixed screen off amazon for $285. Is there a big difference upgrading? Would I be better off with an elite screen with a 5020 or a 3020 with a higher end screen? Most of what I'll be doing is movies at night but the room does have a few windows and it would be nice to not have it be horrible during daytime viewing occasionally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-10-2013, 03:15 PM

That screen will be fine but I'd recommend thinking about something like a used firehawk. Projectors will get better and youll want a new one some day. If you buy a good screen, youll never want a new one. screen technology isnt moving fast, projector technology is. Personally Id rather have a $1k dlp and a top shelf screen than a better projector now. Youll do fine either way tho. As to the windows, it really depends on how much light is hitting the screen. The sun can really beat up an image quickly no matter what screen you use.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 01:52 PM

Hi zjbarra, I am also looking for a projector, I am new to the projector world. I've been looking around and spent a lot of time researching, I read a lot of good things about EPSON 3020 so I probably will get that, may I ask where did you find this with $1200 price tag? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , Epson V11h501020 Powerlite Home Cinema 3020 2d And 3d Home Theater Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page