Upgrade JVC DLA-RS1 Is this a good time or wait? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-12-2013, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just moved into a house with a dedicated theater and need some advice on the equipment that was used. The projector that is currently installed is a JVC DLA-RS1. It is about 6 years old.

Is it worth upgrading to a newer projector at this time or is it better to wait for a 4k projector in a few years when more content becomes available?

Will there be noticeable different in picture quality if i were to upgrade to a newer 1080p projector?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Honestly, an RS-1 is still a really nice 2D image. I don't think there's going to be much <$3k new that's going to noticeably improve upon it (or even match it in some cases). The only real negative with them is their appetite for expensive bulbs fairly often.

Keep in mind that was a ~$4.5-5k projector that's ~5-6 yrs old, so most sub $3k projectors will be a downgrade for 2D IMO.

I don't really get the 4k hype, it's going to cost an arm and a leg to be an early adopter and the content is extremely rare now.

If you want 3D then you'll have to upgrade, so I'd say that's the call you need to make.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs1 Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page