Recommended projector for 19' throw 150" screen - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-01-2013, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any recommendations 19' throw 150" screen? Currently have a Epson Powerlite 2030 that I use in the room without a screen and it is pretty good brightness. I plan to purchase a new projector and 150" screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-02-2013, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Tough crowd....
post #3 of 5 Old 12-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I think you may need to give us a little bit more information about what you want in a projector, its features, brightness, dlp vs lcd vs lcos. Ambient light, what youll be watching, basically any info you can give will be a big help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1561 Post(s)
Liked: 1152
Well, here are the projectors that can do a 150" diagonal from a 19' lens to screen throw distance for under $5,000...

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm?g=1&hide=0&st=1&mfg=&p=1&p=5000&w=&r=13&br=&ll=&ltg=&t=&db=&dt=&c=&ar=&dvi=&wr=&pjl=&pjw=&pjh=&td=19&i=d&is=150&sort=pop&sz=15

What type of quality do you have in mind?

I would perhaps bring the screen size down a bit and get the JVC RS46 if this was a dedicated theater space with top-shelf light control and I wanted the best darn image around $3,000 that was possible.

But, from there, I would start looking at the excellent deals out there on the Panasonic AE8000 right now, or perhaps at one of the DLP possibilities.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-03-2013, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

The unit is to replace a 70" 1080p LED TV and will be used for TV viewing 90% of the time and movies the other 10%. I would good picture quality but not looking for outstanding ( building out a dedicated theater later).

Must have:
1080p
Lens shifting
Ability to use it during the day (shades can be black out but I have 2 sky lights and light coming from another room in the rear) Room is 20' by 18' with sloping cathedral sealing that is 20' high on one side to 9' high.

Seems like I need to down size the screen to get the FL I need. I have been looking at Fixed Frame screen with 1.8 gain.

Would like to have 3D

Hope this detail helps.

Thanks for all of the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2030 3lcd Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page