Mitsubishi HC7900DW questions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-17-2013, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm looking for a new projector around $1000 that's at least a 5x DLP and 1080p. I couldn't find anything that would have been an upgrade from my Sharp DT-510 in every aspect until I saw the Mitsubishi HC7900DW but I have a few questions.

I know absolutely nothing at all about 3D, does the Mitsubishi HC7900DW have good or even the best 3D features? I read it doesn't support wireless glasses, does that mean everyone needs to have a wire from their glasses to the projector or to some other device? That sounds excessively annoying having wires yanking at glasses on your head.

This would be my first projector with a dynamic iris, being a moving part, I'm concerned about the life of this iris. I've had my current projector 7 years, could I expect the HC7900DW to last at least 5 years without the iris failing? If the iris did fail, is it easy and inexpensive to replace or can the dynamic iris simply be disabled or would it depend in which position it would fail?

Does anyone know what the "real" contrast ratio of this projector is without the aid of the dynamic iris?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Sharp Dt 510 Dlp Projector , Mitsubishi Hc7900dw Home Theater 3d Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page