Benq w1080st = 3d playback issues (maybe) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-28-2013, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi just purchased and set up my Benq W1080st and seem to be having some issues with 3d playback.

For whatever reason, I had a heck of a time getting my system to play the Hobbit an Unexptected Journey in 3d. I would mostly get a white fuzzy screen. However, I would be able to get the movie to play by cycling the stop and play button several times and letting the movie load up. Any ideas as to what might be causing this problem?

Also, when I play a 3d movie, the bottom 10 - 15% of the movie is not visible (i.e., can't see the menu screen when the bluray loads) and the sides of the movie are also pulled in. Is this normal?

Lastly, if anyone would care to share there calibration settings that would be awesome.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, I am new to 3d and just want to confirm that everything is functioning correctly.

BTW - my setup - Benq W1080st, Yamaha RX V673, PS3 for Bluray & 3d (also have xbox 360 and Wii) projecting to a 134 inch screen. HDMI from PS3 to Receiver which then outputs to the projector using an HDMI extender over Cat6 cable (25 ft run).

Thanks in advance,
DJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2013, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

OK, answering my own post.

I updated the firmware from 1.02 to 1.04 and all is good. Picture now fills the screen and I can see the menus when in 3d. Not sure what changed with the update but it is certainly more watchable now.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-10-2014, 09:00 AM

Dear gof4Dj,

Can you please tell us how did  you update the firm ware

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1080st 1080p 3d Short Throw Dlp Home Theater Projector