Is an optoma 25e or hd131xe an upgrade over an epson 1080ub? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-20-2014, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Ok guys, haven't been here in a while so now I have the upgrade bug. I have a dedicated bat cave (since 2003) and have already had a nec ht1000($4500! new back then,,,these new guys have it lucky) and now I have a Epson 1080ub(had 6 years now) and im thinking of getting one of the new optomas...I want a light cannon.

I understand that it might not have the blacks of the Epson...but is it close? I have a led and plasma I watch regular tv on and I now like the extra light output. So is the optoma an upgrade? Or should I just bite the bullet and spend more and get the 5030ub?

Oh yeah, I forgot to add would be projecting onto a 106" da lite hp screen

For those about to rock we salute you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-20-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Durham View Post

I want a light cannon.

I understand that it might not have the blacks of the Epson...but is it close? I have a led and plasma I watch regular tv on and I now like the extra light output. So is the optoma an upgrade? Or should I just bite the bullet and spend more and get the 5030ub?

Oh yeah, I forgot to add would be projecting onto a 106" da lite hp screen
I would say, based on popular reviews of the Optoma as a "light cannon," that you should just pop for the Optoma (until the 4K PJs show up).

This is affirmed by the fact that the modern Optomas are "optomized" for affordable replacement bulbs, which dovetails with your "regular TV" habit.

Oh, and.. yeah, it seems to be "close" on blacks. What's missing is the FI of the more $$$ units. Since I think that's a factor, and you've already spent mucho buckos in the past, you might consider the BenQ W1500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Hd25e 2800 Ansi Lumens 3d Home Theater Projector , Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d , Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Benq W1500 1080p Hd Wireless Dlp Home Theater Projector Silver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page