Problem with my Epson 5010, have 2 question's replace or fix - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-01-2014, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the 5010 brand new and it has about 2600 hours on the lamp. 99% of the time it was on eco mode. Tonight i turned it on and it was messed up. the right half of the image being displayed had green lines over the picture, kind of like the matrix looking. you can see the picture behind it, the green stuff was over the picture. the left half was perfectly fine.

any idea what this problem could be? and is it worth fixing?

2nd question.. if i wanted to replace it with a new projector what would be a good replacement? I like the brightness of the epson. its in my bedroom and i have white walls so i wouldnt mind another epson but a new model of the same or better level. my budget is about 4k max and i could go a little more if the performance justifies the cost. this is not going in a dedicated HT room, but i usually do all my watching at night so ambient light isnt an issue. sometimes i watch tv with the light on with the wife but the epson is able to power through it.

thanks in advance!!

http://i60.tinypic.com/sxj9n5.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/aahh8w.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-01-2014, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
It might be something as simple as a loose or corroded connection where the mainboard connects to the green LCD. You could try pushing down on that connector while the PJ is on and watching the image to see if it changes.

Otherwise it might be a bad LCD or bad mainboard. No real way to tell other than to start replacing stuff. You can even try switching the LCD's around, like the red and the green one, and see if the problem remains the same or changes color. If it stays the exact same, its the mainboard, if it changes color, its the LCD.
LS6M likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5010 Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page