SONY VPL-HW40ES : New SONY SXRD 1080P home theater projector - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 595Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #931 of 5106 Old 09-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
horseflesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Seattle-ish
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Grapper, please post your impressions of those glasses when you get them.

Anyone who orders the Xpand RF emitter, your feedback would also be very welcome.
horseflesh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #932 of 5106 Old 09-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Member
 
chambers1517's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Those glasses look just like these. I bought these for my Vpl es40 and they work great with IR. Took me a little to figure out to go to 3d settings and set to optional but after that they worked perfect.
chambers1517 is offline  
post #933 of 5106 Old 09-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tom899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brownstown, Michigan
Posts: 705
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Ceiling mount height question

I have an 8 foot ceiling. My 134" screen will be within a couple inches from the ceiling. Will it be ok if the 40ES is ceiling mounted at that height or slightly below? The height of the projector will probably take it lower than the top of the screen by maybe two or three inches.
Thanks

Pioneer UDP-LX500 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Emotiva A-300 2ch amp | Emotiva PA-1 monoblock | JVC DLA-RS1000 Projector | Mini DSP 4x2 | Dune HD Smart D1 | ZIDOO Z9S | Buttkicker system | HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs(2) | HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid bass module | Klipsch RP-8000F(2) | Klipsch RP-504C | Klipsch RS-62 II(2) | Polk RC80i Ceiling(4) | Carada 134” screen | unRAID 40TB
Tom899 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #934 of 5106 Old 09-03-2014, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,375
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 406
SONY VPL-HW40ES : New SONY SXRD 1080P home theater projector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom899 View Post
I have an 8 foot ceiling. My 134" screen will be within a couple inches from the ceiling. Will it be ok if the 40ES is ceiling mounted at that height or slightly below? The height of the projector will probably take it lower than the top of the screen by maybe two or three inches.
Thanks

Absolutely. You have a ton of lens shift on this Sony with which to achieve this; that mounting height will be no problem at all.

While you're at it, also use the projector calculator at ProjectorCentral to work out how far away you need to mount from the screen to get a 134" diagonal image.

BenQ HT2050A Projector; Kodi (on Ubuntu, OpenELEC & S802) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio + Jamo 210 Sub. Emby for Mobile Streaming.

Last edited by kreeturez; 09-03-2014 at 07:20 PM.
kreeturez is offline  
post #935 of 5106 Old 09-04-2014, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tom899's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brownstown, Michigan
Posts: 705
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
Absolutely. You have a ton of lens shift on this Sony with which to achieve this; that mounting height will be no problem at all.

While you're at it, also use the projector calculator at ProjectorCentral to work out how far away you need to mount from the screen to get a 134" diagonal image.

Thanks, appreciated...

Pioneer UDP-LX500 | Denon AVR-X4400H | Emotiva A-300 2ch amp | Emotiva PA-1 monoblock | JVC DLA-RS1000 Projector | Mini DSP 4x2 | Dune HD Smart D1 | ZIDOO Z9S | Buttkicker system | HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs(2) | HSU MBM-12 MK2 Mid bass module | Klipsch RP-8000F(2) | Klipsch RP-504C | Klipsch RS-62 II(2) | Polk RC80i Ceiling(4) | Carada 134” screen | unRAID 40TB
Tom899 is online now  
post #936 of 5106 Old 09-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Member
 
dw886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is everyone using for mounting the 40ES - flush mount, or using an extension?


I have a 9' ceiling, and I plan on mounting a 135" 16:9 screen about 8" from the ceiling. Projector is at a distance of 16' 4" from the screen (number given by the calculator on projector central).


I'm just trying to figure out the height, and since this is my first projector, I'm looking for advice. :-)
dw886 is offline  
post #937 of 5106 Old 09-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Member
 
barleyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dw886 View Post
What is everyone using for mounting the 40ES - flush mount, or using an extension?


I have a 9' ceiling, and I plan on mounting a 135" 16:9 screen about 8" from the ceiling. Projector is at a distance of 16' 4" from the screen (number given by the calculator on projector central).


I'm just trying to figure out the height, and since this is my first projector, I'm looking for advice. :-)
Being only 8" from the ceiling with the screen, you'll have plenty of lens shift to go with a flush mount.

My screen is about 19" from the ceiling, and I'm using a 3-inch extension pipe. But I did that partly because that's how I wanted to mount it, not because it was strictly necessary. (I'm using a joist mount with a pipe receiver to a 3" pipe to a Chief mount, which allows the holes in the ceiling to go directly into a joist)
barleyguy is offline  
post #938 of 5106 Old 09-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Member
 
dw886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there anything to gain by using less lens shift? My first projector, and I really have the flexibility to go either way since my room would allow for both. That being said, I'm just wondering if one method would be better than the other. I have backing up between the joists, so I don't really have to worry about hitting a joist itself.
dw886 is offline  
post #939 of 5106 Old 09-06-2014, 02:14 PM
 
superbabyboy1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 41
To people who want to buy this projector for $1999,datavis ( Sony authorized dealer) has it on sale currently.You just type Sony vplhw40es on the search box and it will show the unit.They have $20 coupon if you pay through paypal.I used amazon payment so i paid $1998
I called ABT and Crutchfield to price match but they could not do it so I finally had to buy it from datavis .I hope they won't cancel my order.
superbabyboy1984 is offline  
post #940 of 5106 Old 09-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Member
 
cranked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbabyboy1984 View Post
To people who want to buy this projector for $1999,datavis ( Sony authorized dealer) has it on sale currently.You just type Sony vplhw40es on the search box and it will show the unit.They have $20 coupon if you pay through paypal.I used amazon payment so i paid $1998
I called ABT and Crutchfield to price match but they could not do it so I finally had to buy it from datavis .I hope they won't cancel my order.



They do not get very good reviews as an online site.
cranked is offline  
post #941 of 5106 Old 09-08-2014, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TH3_FRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranked View Post
They do not get very good reviews as an online site.
It's $2489 today
TH3_FRB is offline  
post #942 of 5106 Old 09-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Member
 
Cartoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: B.C
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Question is it safe to have the back of this projector up against a wall. I see vents on the back of this pic.
Cartoys is offline  
post #943 of 5106 Old 09-08-2014, 04:33 PM
Member
 
barleyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3_FRB View Post
It's $2489 today
They might have gotten caught by Sony discounting it and raised the price again...

On the topic of 3D glasses (earlier in the page), I'm using the XPand X104s. They work great, as far as I can tell. (I say as-far-as-I-can-tell because I haven't compared them to anything else.) They are also decently comfortable.
barleyguy is offline  
post #944 of 5106 Old 09-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
ben38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartoys View Post

Question is it safe to have the back of this projector up against a wall. I see vents on the back of this pic.
It does have vents in the back. It should definitely have a couple of inches of breathing room at the rear.
ben38 is offline  
post #945 of 5106 Old 09-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Member
 
redman042's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My 7 year old Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1080 finally died for good this week (some kind of failure in the optical filter component, which I fixed a year ago (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-dig...00-myself.html) but did not succeed in a repeat attempt this time.

Which is bad news and good news. The bad news is: time to spend some bucks. The good news is that I get to upgrade! My room is moderately light controlled but not fully enclosed from the rest of the house. Nighttime viewing is great. Daytime viewing is pretty good, but the Epson was mounted 19' back from a 106" screen so I was pushing it on brightness. So any upgrade would be a noticeable benefit.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up pulling the trigger yesterday on the Epson 5030UB, but took a very hard look at this Sony first. The Epson was Wirecutter's top pick last year, but Sony has edged them out. HOWEVER, I realized late in the selection process that the Sony does not have the same zoom or shift range, and it could not project onto my sized screen from the shelf in the back of my room. So I had two choices: Mount the Sony off the ceiling with a 21" extension pole (because my screen is a ways down from the ceiling); or get the new Epson which would do fine in the old location.

I decided after lots of thinking that I didn't want to be so constrained in install location. So I got the Epson. The truth is that I was thinking of moving to a ceiling mount much closer to the screen anyway, because I'd like to use my Xbox One Kinect in the room without people blocking the image, but with the Epson I could mount closer to the ceiling (shorter pole) since it has much better vertical shift. This would be much less intrusive visually than a 21" pole.

Still, part of me really wanted the Sony. It looks great. I like the faster response time. And now this sale... Oh well, I'm sure the Epson will make me very happy. It's a huge step up from the old 1080.
redman042 is offline  
post #946 of 5106 Old 09-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Funny, I was doing some research on this projector and found this site and thread regarding the projector. I hope I am not hijacking, but I have a question concerning my setup with this projector.

This projector will be mounted on the ceiling and I believe my ceiling is 10ft, but the range will will be between 11.5 to 12ft (projector to screen) these are where the HDMI & outlet are located on the ceiling. Due the configuration of the room with a vent and light behind the HDMI & outlet I cannot move the projector further back. I'm really concerned because I would like to place a 106-110 inch screen, but when I went to the site projectorcentral to calculate the "throw range" at 12 ft it suggested a 99 inch screen. Are these calculations absolute or do I have some wiggle room?

Any suggestions or advice would be highly appreciated.
attila787 is offline  
post #947 of 5106 Old 09-11-2014, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
bdrex28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 11
what sale is this people are seeing ?
bdrex28 is offline  
post #948 of 5106 Old 09-12-2014, 10:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Speakerphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,983
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdrex28 View Post
what sale is this people are seeing ?
If you read above, the price is back to normal.

Former cog in the giant wheel of the TV/CE industry.
Speakerphile is offline  
post #949 of 5106 Old 09-12-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TH3_FRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Does going with the max zoom have a negative impact on image quality? I'm trying to avoid relocating a ceiling fan but that means pushing 1.5-1.6X zoom to get the 110" image size I want. Does the zoom factor have any impact on how much image shift I can use?
TH3_FRB is offline  
post #950 of 5106 Old 09-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3_FRB View Post
Does going with the max zoom have a negative impact on image quality? I'm trying to avoid relocating a ceiling fan but that means pushing 1.5-1.6X zoom to get the 110" image size I want. Does the zoom factor have any impact on how much image shift I can use?
How many ft back do you have the projector set at??
attila787 is offline  
post #951 of 5106 Old 09-12-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TH3_FRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 31
It will be 10-11ft throw distance for a 100-110" screen. That mostly maxes out the zoom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila787 View Post
How many ft back do you have the projector set at??
TH3_FRB is offline  
post #952 of 5106 Old 09-12-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chirpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3_FRB View Post
Does going with the max zoom have a negative impact on image quality? I'm trying to avoid relocating a ceiling fan but that means pushing 1.5-1.6X zoom to get the 110" image size I want. Does the zoom factor have any impact on how much image shift I can use?
I am at almost max zoom, and my projector is able to easily shift the entire image down to my screen with leeway on the shift to spare. (see pics in sig to see how close my projector is to the ceiling. the ceiling is 8 ft tall. I bet it could go another 2.5 ft up and still be fine.)

And no, I haven't seen any ill effects on the picture quality.

Last edited by chirpie; 09-12-2014 at 02:47 PM.
chirpie is offline  
post #953 of 5106 Old 09-12-2014, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TH3_FRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 31
So you are near max zoom and shifting about 2ft down? What's your throw and screen size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie View Post
I am at almost max zoom, and my projector is able to easily shift the entire image down to my screen with leeway on the shift to spare. (see pics in sig to see how close my projector is to the ceiling. the ceiling is 8 ft tall. I bet it could go another 2.5 ft up and still be fine.)

And no, I haven't seen any ill effects on the picture quality.
TH3_FRB is offline  
post #954 of 5106 Old 09-12-2014, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chirpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3_FRB View Post
So you are near max zoom and shifting about 2ft down? What's your throw and screen size?
About 10 feet on a 106" diagonal on a 16:9 aspect ratio.
chirpie is offline  
post #955 of 5106 Old 09-12-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TH3_FRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 1,540
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Perfect - that's what I'm going to go with. I just need to work out the geometry of the projection to see if the blades of the ceiling fan will be in the way. I'll basically be mounting the projector against the ceiling above the fan blades. I have a little leeway to drop the fan down with an extension but not much - probably 12-16" total clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirpie View Post
About 10 feet on a 106" diagonal on a 16:9 aspect ratio.
TH3_FRB is offline  
post #956 of 5106 Old 09-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Bill Cruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Washington, DC metro area, USA
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 27
My review of the VPL-HW40ES has been released in the September issue of Widescreen Review, September 2014. In print or online at
http://www.widescreenreview.com/
bdrex28 and dan4081 like this.

Bill Cruce
Widescreen Review
Bill Cruce is offline  
post #957 of 5106 Old 09-15-2014, 10:57 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks for link Bill and review. I love your magazine.

Last edited by hotpepper007; 09-15-2014 at 01:17 PM.
hotpepper007 is offline  
post #958 of 5106 Old 09-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Senior Member
 
bdrex28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cruce View Post
My review of the VPL-HW40ES has been released in the September issue of Widescreen Review, September 2014. In print or online at
http://www.widescreenreview.com/
Thanks Bill!
bdrex28 is offline  
post #959 of 5106 Old 09-18-2014, 06:58 AM
Member
 
lanced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
5030UB or HW40ES

Hi guys,
Hope that many of you here who have the 40ES can help me out.
My Epson 8100, after 2 years of sitting in the warehouse from moving, is now in coma due to convergence issue. I'm in the market for a new projector.
Yesterday, I demo'ed these 2 projectors and my impression is:
1. As a former epson owner, I may be a bit biased, but the epson color (skin-tone etc.) are perfect in the natural/theater mode. None of the Sony's default mode make me happy. Do you all have to re-calibrate your Sony proj?
2. They put on the Discovery channel on both projector which showed some wild-life program. I noticed the water fall was very jaggy on the Sony. It looked like bunch of squares water blocks instead of a smooth stream of water. I ran over the Epson wondering if this is b/c of the receiver but the video on the Epson (same source) was very smooth. I mentioned that to the dealer and he turned of the Reality mode on the Sony which helped a little, but I still feel that the image is jaggy and not smooth. I can't imagine such a expensive projector would have such problem given many glowing review on the internet. Perhaps it is a defective unit? If you owner have any video with water fall scene, can you do me a big favor and check it out?

I can get the Sony for $2K which is a very good price. I can also get the Epson for $2.6K - 10% from BB (I still have their 10% coupon mailed to me few months back). However, I'm a bit uncomfortable with the Epson QC given their bulb blew up on my after 400hr and now the convergence issue. But I really like their picture quality. Perhaps I should get another demo on the Sony somewhere else to check out the picture quality.

anyhow, any advice/suggestion/tips from the owners here are greatly appreciated.
lanced is offline  
post #960 of 5106 Old 09-18-2014, 08:30 AM
Member
 
barleyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanced View Post
Hi guys,
Hope that many of you here who have the 40ES can help me out.
My Epson 8100, after 2 years of sitting in the warehouse from moving, is now in coma due to convergence issue. I'm in the market for a new projector.
Yesterday, I demo'ed these 2 projectors and my impression is:
1. As a former epson owner, I may be a bit biased, but the epson color (skin-tone etc.) are perfect in the natural/theater mode. None of the Sony's default mode make me happy. Do you all have to re-calibrate your Sony proj?
2. They put on the Discovery channel on both projector which showed some wild-life program. I noticed the water fall was very jaggy on the Sony. It looked like bunch of squares water blocks instead of a smooth stream of water. I ran over the Epson wondering if this is b/c of the receiver but the video on the Epson (same source) was very smooth. I mentioned that to the dealer and he turned of the Reality mode on the Sony which helped a little, but I still feel that the image is jaggy and not smooth. I can't imagine such a expensive projector would have such problem given many glowing review on the internet. Perhaps it is a defective unit? If you owner have any video with water fall scene, can you do me a big favor and check it out?

I can get the Sony for $2K which is a very good price. I can also get the Epson for $2.6K - 10% from BB (I still have their 10% coupon mailed to me few months back). However, I'm a bit uncomfortable with the Epson QC given their bulb blew up on my after 400hr and now the convergence issue. But I really like their picture quality. Perhaps I should get another demo on the Sony somewhere else to check out the picture quality.

anyhow, any advice/suggestion/tips from the owners here are greatly appreciated.
1. Based on the review at Projector Reviews, the Sony is almost perfectly calibrated out of the box. A full calibration made almost no difference. That's been my experience as well. Reference mode is almost dead on perfect.

2. The waterfall in the Discovery channel program probably IS jaggy, because of compression artifacts. Cable and satellite providers compress pretty tightly, so things like waterfalls and fog often have blocking or banding. The Epson was probably smoothing out the image based on its algorithms, and the Sony wasn't. This could be because the settings were different (was reality creation turned off on the Sony?), or because Epson's smoothing algorithms worked better on that particular scene. I tend not to mind this type of thing, because it's a matter of accurate versus "pretty", in which case I usually choose accuracy. It's a personal preference thing though.

The short version is that I really like my HW40, and wouldn't trade an Epson 5030 for it. But there are people that would disagree. They are very close in performance.

$.02.
barleyguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off