Hi i need some help,
ive had my Epson 5030ub for about 3 years. was running fine until last week.
I purchased this projector new as part of my home theater build. As of today it had about 4200 hours on it (original bulb). I had just bought a new bulb as i knew it was going to be requiring a replacement soon. It's been working perfectly for the time ive owned it, until a week ago where it simply died. This is what happened:
The error occurred like this:
1. I pushed the standby button twice as normal on the remote to turnoff the projector after watching for about 2 hours.
2. Suddenly i heard something inside the projector rumble really loudly, a sound i had never heard before. It was not the sound of the auto iris adjusting as ive heard that many times. it was a different noise. Then the temp light started flashing bright red and status light blue and simultaneously the fan went to overdrive and started blowing air like crazy. (im not sure if i heard a little pop sound in the moment but maybe there was maybe there wasn't).
3. The projector then turned itself off after about 20 seconds etc.
4. I switched it off from the power assuming it would be okay the next morning and probably that it just needed a replacement bulb which i knew was needing to be changed. So i went to sleep.
5. next morning i found one my fuse in my house was tripped however the surge protector i had the projector plugged into was fine. i turned on the fuse and I then went to turn the projector on from the remote and then this --->
"power light" remains off, all i was getting was a flashing orange "lamp light" and a flashing blue "status light" which according to the manual indicates an internal error / malfunction with the projector (contact epson for help). The unit is powered but nothing at all happens. The projector will not turn on.
6. i tried the new bulb just to see if that was the issue but no help there. so its definitely not a bulb issue.
i rang EPSON who forwarded me onto one of their repairers who is telling me that the entire optical engine and mainboard needs to be replaced and that i am looking in the "thousands" to get it fixed. He says there isnt any issue with the power supply etc.
I am out of warranty but this is a catastrophic major failure, what are my chances regarding getting any help from EPSON? I mean i dont want to pay thousands to get this fixed and neither do i want to take out thousands of more dollars to buy an entirely new projector.
has any owners of the Epson 5010, 5020, 5025, 5030 or even 5040 owners know anything about this? Please help
some guys have said its the cinema filter error and nothing is wrong with the optical engine or mainboard....