Epson 5010/6010 'Cinema filter Error', grinding noise, red light fix with pics - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes

post #181 of 190 Old 12-30-2018, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just a friendly note for folks with the 5010: I had an issue where the projector would not power on. The firmware update that I got by calling Epson support resolved the issue 100%. It may not fix your problem, but if you're having trouble getting your 5010 to turn on, please try the firmware update before sending it in for repair.
descalabro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 190 Old 01-17-2019, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack_the_planet View Post
Just a friendly note for folks with the 5010: I had an issue where the projector would not power on. The firmware update that I got by calling Epson support resolved the issue 100%. It may not fix your problem, but if you're having trouble getting your 5010 to turn on, please try the firmware update before sending it in for repair.
What version did they give you? I suspect it is a version disabling a stuck cinema filter.
Modicen likes this.
post #183 of 190 Old 01-17-2019, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Would you be kind enough to post the file somewhere and provide a link that we can all use?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
Modicen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 190 Old 01-17-2019, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
I would like to know the version as well, please let us know.
post #185 of 190 Old 02-16-2019, 04:19 PM

Liked: 1
Hi all,
Resurrecting this thread for a related issue: I have a Powerlite Home Cinema 6100, and I'm having a similar problem with the CF motor. The filter was getting stuck when passing one of the limit switches - the CF motor gearbox was slipping. So after disassembling the projector to muck around with the gearbox, I got the filter to slide correctly, but now the motor doesn't stop when the filter hits the limit switch. It keeps chugging away until it finally errors out and gives me the two red flashing lights of death. I think it might be a problem with the limit switch not registering the contact, but I'm not sure what to do about it. Any thoughts? I'm considering trying to replace the limit switch or the entire bracket assembly, but not sure about the parts needed.
post #186 of 190 Old 02-17-2019, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travois View Post
Hi all,

Resurrecting this thread for a related issue: I have a Powerlite Home Cinema 6100, and I'm having a similar problem with the CF motor. The filter was getting stuck when passing one of the limit switches - the CF motor gearbox was slipping. So after disassembling the projector to muck around with the gearbox, I got the filter to slide correctly, but now the motor doesn't stop when the filter hits the limit switch. It keeps chugging away until it finally errors out and gives me the two red flashing lights of death. I think it might be a problem with the limit switch not registering the contact, but I'm not sure what to do about it. Any thoughts? I'm considering trying to replace the limit switch or the entire bracket assembly, but not sure about the parts needed.

Hi,

Other than looking closely at the tabs that detect contact to try and find some fault, I can only suggest you wait for some scrap unit to show up on eBay, which they often do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #187 of 190 Old 02-18-2019, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
To me it sounds like the bolt/nut that adjusts the spring tension is too tight.
post #188 of 190 Old 03-10-2019, 12:46 PM

Liked: 1
Got it working - one of the gears in the gearbox was slipping on the shaft, so I locked it down with some superglue. I also replaced a defective limit switch with an Omron D3C-2210. Been working fine so far.
Modicen likes this.
post #189 of 190 Old 03-10-2019, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Got it working - one of the gears in the gearbox was slipping on the shaft, so I locked it down with some superglue. I also replaced a defective limit switch with an Omron D3C-2210. Been working fine so far.

Well done! Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Modicen likes this.
post #190 of 190 Old 06-10-2019, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone out there still using 3d, just wondering is it best practice to use "SDR" calibrations and just plug em in to 3d option while watching in 3d? anyone take on this would be helpful.. just havent seen anyone provide any information on this option... and enjoying this thing everyday... havent bought a ps4 pro.. but thinking will wait for the next version due to its backwards capabilities.. but using normal ps4 makes my gaming exprience shine.. even tried HDR on normal ps4 even though its 1080p ... hdr looks awesome with games like GOW 4..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page