Benq HT1075 and HT1085ST - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 44Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 350 Old 10-04-2014, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,375
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Benq HT1075 and HT1085ST

ProjectorReviews' first-look hands-on of the HT1075 available here:
http://www.projectorreviews.com/pr_b...w-benq-ht1075/

TL;DR (quoting Art):

Quote:
The MHL, and the wireless options are the most major changes it would seem. If you don’t need MHL, you might want to score a W1070 while they are still available, and save up to $200.


That and the improved built-in speakers are about the only notable changes; since wireless can be done quite easily 3rd-party (and is pricey). And although it is a tad brighter, Art comments this is not particularly noticeable.


EDIT: Full review is here:
http://www.projectorreviews.com/benq...jector-review/

Calibrated brightness from this review is definitely higher than the outgoing model; but taking into account the newer measuring equipment they're using (which gives newer measurements a constant 10% boost over older measurements), it ends up being only marginal once calibrated.
Still, that's some of the highest color-accurate calibrated-brightness I've ever seen on a sub-$3k projector.

BenQ HT2050A Projector; Kodi (on Ubuntu, OpenELEC & S802) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio + Jamo 210 Sub. Emby for Mobile Streaming.

Last edited by kreeturez; 10-04-2014 at 04:07 PM.
kreeturez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 350 Old 10-04-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 8,649
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3953 Post(s)
Liked: 3124
Wow, I'll bet kreeturez is right that it was a copy and paste error from the HT1075 to the HT1085ST on the original official BenQ description files as so much of the other wording for the two projectors is identical. You did your homework and still got screwed. Hopefully the absence of the rather small vertical lens shift didn't mess up your installation.
Dave in Green is offline  
post #33 of 350 Old 10-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Member
 
MatthewK78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Near Seattle
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks kreeturez/Dave. I can work around the absence of vertical lens shift in my home setup, but it sure would be a wonderful feature to have when I bring it other places. That was the most significant upgrade over the W1080ST and they took it away.. *grumble*

Yeah I considered sending it back and getting the W1080ST, but I found a pretty good deal on the HT1085ST when I pre-ordered it, so it's not as bad as if it was the full $1,299 MSRP. It's also a sharp lens and whatnot, so I dread the thought of going through all that hassle and getting a dud. Plus there's the loss of shipping costs.

I'm still overall happy with the projector, but what bothers me the most is how I feel like I've been lied to. I'll be interested to see what the results are of more extensive testing by reviewers. Maybe there's something I'm missing or can't readily see. I am pretty new to projectors. Now that decent 1080p 3D projectors are affordable I can't ever see myself going back to anything else.
MatthewK78 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #34 of 350 Old 10-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Newbie
 
JPTAEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New to the forum. Good to know about the Ben Q HT 1085 ST. I was considering this projector for a golf simulator. The vertical shift was a key feature that kept it on my short list - until now.

I would like to get some insight on the utility of a "business projector" versus a "home theater projector." I appreciate the distinguishing features of a business projector: high lumen which allows projection of a large image at various throw distances in the present of ambient light. I realize these features are not necessary for a "home theater" projector where the goal is to have adequate lumen with high contrast ratio for projection in a controlled lighting environment.

What do you think about the features of the Panasonic PT-VZ570U - a "business projector." With this projector I can display a 9.6 ft by 15.7 ft image with 1920 x 1200 resolution (WUXGA). I can display the image at a 17.2 ft throw distance, mounted approximately 1.5 foot above the screen. 4800 Lumens, 10:000: 1 contrast ratio. Manual vertical shift -/+ 44% from center of screen. This is a new projector and I am unable to find any reviews. Projector Central has the Product Sheet.

Based on the above, is there any reason I would not use this "business projector" by a golf simulator. Yes, I have posed this question on a golf simulator forum but not takers yet.
JPTAEC is offline  
post #35 of 350 Old 10-05-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,694
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPTAEC View Post
New to the forum. Good to know about the Ben Q HT 1085 ST. I was considering this projector for a golf simulator. The vertical shift was a key feature that kept it on my short list - until now.

I would like to get some insight on the utility of a "business projector" versus a "home theater projector." I appreciate the distinguishing features of a business projector: high lumen which allows projection of a large image at various throw distances in the present of ambient light. I realize these features are not necessary for a "home theater" projector where the goal is to have adequate lumen with high contrast ratio for projection in a controlled lighting environment.

What do you think about the features of the Panasonic PT-VZ570U - a "business projector." With this projector I can display a 9.6 ft by 15.7 ft image with 1920 x 1200 resolution (WUXGA). I can display the image at a 17.2 ft throw distance, mounted approximately 1.5 foot above the screen. 4800 Lumens, 10:000: 1 contrast ratio. Manual vertical shift -/+ 44% from center of screen. This is a new projector and I am unable to find any reviews. Projector Central has the Product Sheet.

Based on the above, is there any reason I would not use this "business projector" by a golf simulator. Yes, I have posed this question on a golf simulator forum but not takers yet.
Business projectors typically have lower contrast and less accurate colors. Even so, they usually have a "Cinema" setting that gets you closer to home theater specs but with a drop in light output. For your Golf Simulator on a large screen light output is king. A high lumen business projector would be a good fit. I had a chance this summer to use an Optoma EH 500 DLP business projector on a similar sized screen and was really surprised at the results. I can't comment specifically about this particular Panasonic LCD, but in general your plan is sound. Due to my positive experience with the Optoma and DLP technology in general I would also look at the upgraded version, EH 501 which has similar light output and price as the Panasonic.
DavidK442 is offline  
post #36 of 350 Old 10-07-2014, 01:24 PM
 
RLBURNSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,901
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked: 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post
Agreed. When I first got my W1070 the typical mediocre DLP black levels really grated on me. After 2000 hours of enjoying all its other virtues I have learned to live with it...though was still hoping for a noticable improvement for this new BenQ.
Agreed, there is currently no projector that offers better blacks at the price range I got my w1070 for two years ago. So while I'm happy I picked a winner, I'm sad that this "winner" is getting a little old and I don't see myself upgrading until at least late 2015 if not 2016.
RLBURNSIDE is offline  
post #37 of 350 Old 10-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone think that a removeable Neutral Density filter will be a good temporary solution the black levels when needed in darker room situations?
tewilson10 is offline  
post #38 of 350 Old 10-08-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,694
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewilson10 View Post
Does anyone think that a removeable Neutral Density filter will be a good temporary solution the black levels when needed in darker room situations?
Been there, done that.
Depends on your screen size and gain. It's worth the $50 that a good Neutral Density filter costs just to try it out.
An ND2 will noticeably improve black levels, but cutting lumens in half certainly takes the punch out of highlights and bright scenes. I believe ND2 is the clearest filter available. I even played with an ND4, which at 1/4 light output obviously provides a huge improvement in black levels, but absolutely kills the "pop". Fun to play around with, but in the end I settled for a low-ish gain screen instead (about 0.80). I used a combination of white over black spandex, but something like the new Seymour Centerstage UF will work just as well if not better. The reduced gain screen provides a noticeable, though not huge, improvement in black level with very little sacrifice of highlights and vivid colors. A lower gain screen also has the small added benefit of slightly reducing the effect of ambient and reflected light. If you already have a screen, then I guess the ND2 is your best bet.
Just to give you an idea, this is the result of about a 30% decrease in light output. The lighter side didn't look quite so blown out in real life, but the difference between the two sides is representative of what I was seeing.

Last edited by DavidK442; 10-08-2014 at 01:02 PM.
DavidK442 is offline  
post #39 of 350 Old 10-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post
Been there, done that.
Depends on your screen size and gain. It's worth the $50 that a good Neutral Density filter costs just to try it out.
An ND2 will noticeably improve black levels, but cutting lumens in half certainly takes the punch out of highlights and bright scenes. I believe ND2 is the clearest filter available.
Maybe I will try a variable ND filter. What size (mm) filter fits the best on these projectors or how did you attach yours? My situation will require a very versitile set-up. From black out movie watching to watching football in the same room as a basement bar. I was looking at a Elite Screens Cinegrey 5D, but I will check into the screen you recommend. Thanks.
tewilson10 is offline  
post #40 of 350 Old 10-08-2014, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,694
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewilson10 View Post
Maybe I will try a variable ND filter. What size (mm) filter fits the best on these projectors or how did you attach yours? My situation will require a very versitile set-up. From black out movie watching to watching football in the same room as a basement bar. I was looking at a Elite Screens Cinegrey 5D, but I will check into the screen you recommend. Thanks.
Under those conditions it sounds like a specialized light rejecting screen like the one you are considering is your best option, though expensive. The ND filter I went with is 72mm, but it is a tight press fit into the lens housing and not something you would install and remove on a regular basis.
DavidK442 is offline  
post #41 of 350 Old 10-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Member
 
MatthewK78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Near Seattle
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
No reviews of the HT1085ST yet, but here are a couple for the HT1075:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/benq_ht1075_review.htm

http://www.projectorreviews.com/benq...jector-review/
MatthewK78 is offline  
post #42 of 350 Old 10-12-2014, 05:05 PM
Member
 
Czilla9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

Is there a work around to the fact the 1070/1080/1075/1085 have no Color or Tint control in HDMI? What do you for calibrating?

Thanks,
Czilla9000 is offline  
post #43 of 350 Old 10-12-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,375
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 406
Benq HT1075 and HT1085ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czilla9000 View Post
Hey guys,

Is there a work around to the fact the 1070/1080/1075/1085 have no Color or Tint control in HDMI? What do you for calibrating?

The CMS lets you adjust gain (and offset) for the three primaries on one menu; so it can be done that way without much trouble. (Though it's not as convenient as a single slider). Out-the-box color is rather good such that it doesn't require too much tinkering, though.


On an unrelated note, I'm really curious as to how BenQ achieved the noticeable (if not masive) brightness increase on the HT1075 (compared to the W1070) with such a similar design and identical lamp. Initially I was sure real-world measurements would end up being identical (inflated-spec-style) - but that's turned out not to be the case.
More efficient light tunnel? Differing lamp housing design? Minor color-wheel tweaks?Slightly improved optics? Intriguing.

BenQ HT2050A Projector; Kodi (on Ubuntu, OpenELEC & S802) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio + Jamo 210 Sub. Emby for Mobile Streaming.

Last edited by kreeturez; 10-12-2014 at 07:58 PM.
kreeturez is offline  
post #44 of 350 Old 10-12-2014, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
dvzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Is the light path on the 1075 is finally sealed? Dust blobs ruined 1070 for me. I liked the picture on it, but blobs and light leakage was tremendously annoying. 6 exchanges later still same problem. I heard the rumor that 1075 has a new light path? True? Easy way to test for blobs is on the black screen focus out "main" picture until dust blobs in the light path are in focus. They initially appear as light colored spots on black screen.
dvzzz is offline  
post #45 of 350 Old 10-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Member
 
Czilla9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
The CMS lets you adjust gain (and offset) for the three primaries on one menu; so it can be done that way without much trouble. (Though it's not as convenient as a single slider). Out-the-box color is rather good such that it doesn't require too much tinkering, though.
Perhaps I'm an idiot, but how would I correct color/tint with CMS using the standard "blue filter" test?
Czilla9000 is offline  
post #46 of 350 Old 10-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Member
 
bakesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
BenQ HT1075

I compared the HT1075 to the Optomo HD161X over the past 10 days. Both are very nice projectors. Currently, I own an Optoma HD33. I wanted a second unit so that I can use them for everyday television viewing in addition to movies. The PQ of both projectors is very good and is essentially equal. The biggest difference is brightness. I wanted a unit that can put out a good picture even with a few dim lights on in the room and the HT1075 does just that. Sure, the HD161X is noticeably brighter than my HD33 but the BenQ is far brighter still.
bakesy is offline  
post #47 of 350 Old 10-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Member
 
MatthewK78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Near Seattle
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I went from an Optoma GT1080 to the BenQ HT1085ST and noticed quite a bit of a difference in color reproduction. The BenQ's RGBRGB color wheel really does make a big difference when it comes to color. The Optoma had extremely bright overblown highlights that I found very distracting, and I could never get the color right for movie watching, especially where skin tones are concerned. The only thing the Optoma does better is deeper blacks / contrast ratio. I particularly noticed how washed out the colors looked with the Optoma during daylight hours compared to the BenQ. While I really wish the BenQ had better blacks like the Optoma, I'm very happy with my decision to change. I'm going to use a grey screen to help compensate with that issue. Also one last note, while I still notice slight rainbowing with the BenQ it does seem significantly less than what I experienced with the Optoma.

TL;DR - Don't underestimate the pure awesomeness of a 6x RGBRGB color wheel, especially if your primary use is watching movies!
DanHorse likes this.
MatthewK78 is offline  
post #48 of 350 Old 10-27-2014, 11:26 AM
Member
 
Czilla9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got my 1085st a couple weeks ago. Had to return the first one due to a prominently placed dead pixel/mirror.

One issue that I've run into is that using the S & Munsil calibration Blu-Ray is when I pick the perfect brightness to shut off all dithering in the black squares of the checkerboard test pattern (to set brightness for perfect black) I can't pick a Contrast setting that is perfect without creating dithering on the checkerboard. As a result whites can be a bit overblown at times.

Would a NDF work with the 1085st?
Czilla9000 is offline  
post #49 of 350 Old 11-06-2014, 02:12 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi, new to the forum! Just about to buy my first project and Benq W1070 and HT1075 (in my country W1070+) are the ones I´m looking for.

I have read differing information that the new model HT1075 have higher input than W1070? This has slowed down on ordering one for my livingroom, because I would mainly use it 50% movies, 30% PS4-gaming and 20% sports. Is there any new data on that input lag than those early reviews and is it really higher?

And now that I have scrumbled the whole internet looking for a 1K-projector, I have realized that almost 2years old model W1070, is still almost the most competitive model, price-wise. How this is possible, no real improvement in this price range ? Early reviews of Optoma models Hd26/Hd36 isn´t convincing.

Should I be concerned about the input lag on HT1075 and buy W1070, or are there any other models I should look for?
sodvepas is offline  
post #50 of 350 Old 11-06-2014, 03:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Sorry but what means PQ?
frenchfrogg is offline  
post #51 of 350 Old 11-06-2014, 03:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesy View Post
I compared the HT1075 to the Optomo HD161X over the past 10 days. Both are very nice projectors. Currently, I own an Optoma HD33. I wanted a second unit so that I can use them for everyday television viewing in addition to movies. The PQ of both projectors is very good and is essentially equal. The biggest difference is brightness. I wanted a unit that can put out a good picture even with a few dim lights on in the room and the HT1075 does just that. Sure, the HD161X is noticeably brighter than my HD33 but the BenQ is far brighter still.
I wonder how it is, compared to an HD151X with his 310 watts bulb.
frenchfrogg is offline  
post #52 of 350 Old 11-06-2014, 06:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,694
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfrogg View Post
Sorry but what means PQ?
Picture Quality
DavidK442 is offline  
post #53 of 350 Old 11-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post
Picture Quality
Ok, thanks.
frenchfrogg is offline  
post #54 of 350 Old 11-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Member
 
fish1717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post
Is the light path on the 1075 is finally sealed? Dust blobs ruined 1070 for me. I liked the picture on it, but blobs and light leakage was tremendously annoying. 6 exchanges later still same problem. I heard the rumor that 1075 has a new light path? True? Easy way to test for blobs is on the black screen focus out "main" picture until dust blobs in the light path are in focus. They initially appear as light colored spots on black screen.
Did you ever get an answer to this issue? I ended up getting the 1075. I want to make sure I don't have any issues once I get my PJ.
fish1717 is offline  
post #55 of 350 Old 11-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just bought the HT1075 for $808. Arrives tomorrow!


Does anyone know what kind of external audio can be connected to it, besides the simple headphones? I am considering a soundbar, like the Yamaha YAS-103. Will I be able to connect it to the projector using its audio out jack?


Thanks.
david5182 is offline  
post #56 of 350 Old 11-13-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,694
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by david5182 View Post
Just bought the HT1075 for $808. Arrives tomorrow!


Does anyone know what kind of external audio can be connected to it, besides the simple headphones? I am considering a soundbar, like the Yamaha YAS-103. Will I be able to connect it to the projector using its audio out jack?


Thanks.
Pretty much anything; just buy an adapter. Stereo 3.5mm to dual RCA's are very common. Can also get 3.5mm to XLR for pro equipment. Just to be clear though, you won't get Digital Surround through this connection, just stereo sound.
Using the projector's output to an old stereo system gives me remote volume control in my outdoor setup. Would never use it inside for the main theater though.
DavidK442 is offline  
post #57 of 350 Old 11-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewilson10 View Post
Projector Central is saying that the 1075 has twice the input lag as the 1070. That is disappointing for gamers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post
Just skimmed the article but what I got from it was that they did a poor job of measuring the w1070 and the new measurement for the W1075 is more accurate.
We didn't do a "poor job" of measuring input lag.

We reviewed the W1070 in early 2013 using the standard method of testing input lag at the time: a video source is connected to the projector and a reference monitor, then a timer is displayed and both screens are photographed.

For the past year, we have been using a dedicated Leo Bodnar input lag tester. It has consistently been giving us higher lag readings than the old two-screen method. When you're dealing with input lag, a faster testing system gives you "worse" results on the projector being tested, so that's not surprising.

By the time we got the Bodnar lag tester, we no longer had the W1070 in house, so we couldn't cross-check it. However, other projectors we checked using both methods revealed a discrepancy of about one frame, or ~17 milliseconds, on average, with the Bodnar tester reporting more lag than the two-screen method.

Since we measured 24 ms on the W1070 using the old method, the expected result for the W1070 with the Bodnar tester would be in the neighborhood of 41 ms. The HT1075 measured 49 ms.

I don't mind admitting when I've made a mistake, but this isn't one of those times.
PJC Bill is offline  
post #58 of 350 Old 11-13-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DavidK442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,694
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJC Bill View Post
We didn't do a "poor job" of measuring input lag.

Sorry, a "poor" choice of words on my part. Maybe "less accurate" would have been better.
I enjoy the site and should not disparage.
DavidK442 is offline  
post #59 of 350 Old 11-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 158
David, no worries. Sorry if I jumped on you a little bit -- I try to take pride in my work and I realize I sounded a little defensive there. So, I apologize for that.

We're very happy to have the new equipment. I just wish it had been available years ago, because we have a load of historical data on input lag that is no longer useful.
PJC Bill is offline  
post #60 of 350 Old 11-19-2014, 10:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Question Benq W1070 vs HT 1075

I need advice deciding between W1070 and HT 1075.I understand that there is not much functional difference between the two models.

However I have come across couple of posts where w1070 have been plagued with dust blob /QA issues.Is it a widespread problem?Does HT 1075 have better optics?

Should I save some $$ and get Benq W1070? Please suggest!

Regards
Prithvi
prithvi394 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off