Looks like the V110 update is live on Epson Japan's page now, but details are sparse! It only says that you can enjoy a sharper image with the upgrade. I'm not sure if that means that they added settings or something, but I'll poke around and see if I can find the answer.
They also posted the upgrade method for those interested. The instructions are in Japanese and I'm only posting it because people seemed interested in how you would perform an update. Please wait for Epson to release information in your country or region before attempting to upgrade your firmware. I DO NOT recommend or take any responsibility whatsoever for anyone trying this, nor do I take any responsibility for any translation mistakes that I may have made.
Ok, then? Here is a quick rundown for those interested:
1) Download the firmware update to your Mac or PC, but DO NOT change the name once you have it.
2) Unplug the power cord from the back of the projector.
3) Plug your Mac or PC (that you downloaded the firmware update file to) into the service USB port on the projector. You will need a USB type-miniB cable.
4) Press and hold the projector power button and while holding it down, re-connect the power cable.
5) When the temp and lamp buttons light up, let go of the power button. The projector should mount as a removable disc named EPSON_PJ on your Mac or PC.
6) Copy the firmware file onto the mounted (and apparently empty) EPSON_PJ directory.
7) Check that the file appears inside the EPSON_PJ directory. If it looks good, eject (dismount) the EPSON_PJ disc from your Mac or PC.
8) With the projector still on, pull the USB cord (Warning: Be sure that the indicator lights aren't flashing when you pull the USB cable out. It could damage your projector.) and the update will begin after a few moments. The lights will then start blinking and when the update is finished, the projector will go to standby mode.
9) Now, just turn on the projector and check that the firmware version is V110.
I won't post the link to the firmware, but I will post the the original instructions in case you want to check my Japanese or see the illustrations. Here they are: