New LG PF1500 LED Projector - Page 115 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 441Likes

post #3421 of 3429 Old 06-12-2019, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
That's really helped, thanks(!!), there is still some haziness in the corners, maybe try again while diluting some lens cleaner in the mineral water? Or should i try the black tape/print/marker method from this thread? I do have easy access to 3D printers and black filament should be available.
Quick tip to anyone wanting to do the same, do NOT use PLA filament for this. It has a very low glass transition temp(this temp where, while still under the melting point, the material will start to become soft), so in a warm environment and the bulb at max brightness it would quickly become too soft enough to deform.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 3429 Old 06-12-2019, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
@zombie10k

Thanks for posting the great lens cleaning video! I've never seen that method, and figured what the heck - lets give it a shot.

So, followed it exactly as in the video, including obtaining distilled water.

The objective lens on my PF1500 is now the cleanest I've ever seen it when viewed at from all angles; but, the rectangle with rounded corners is still visible to the eye (as shown in the pics a few posts ago).

I can't tell if it this pattern is on the outer-most objective lens, or on the backside of this lens, or on a lens behind it.

Question: Have you ever removed the lens from the projector, and then separated the different assemblies within the main assembly to clean them?

Have you seen any good guides that are online and cover this?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
here is one popular technique for cleaning the lens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH-N6-lzOgM
post #3423 of 3429 Old 06-26-2019, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Contrast - 97 (93)
IRE R G B
Low 0 0 0
High 4 0 -43 (Blue can to experiment on eyes from -43 to -30)
Remove color saturation to 0 (black and white image) and try to play with coarse 2 point settings. I made new settings with amendments of the calibration program for X-RITE, but I did not post them on the forum due to the aggression of some members of the forum. I sold 1500 a long time ago, so I cannot offer more precise settings.
IRE R G B
Low 0 0 0
High -4...-8 / 0 /-20...-25

Last edited by esegan; 06-27-2019 at 01:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3424 of 3429 Old 06-28-2019, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1383 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by esegan View Post
Remove color saturation to 0 (black and white image) and try to play with coarse 2 point settings. I made new settings with amendments of the calibration program for X-RITE, but I did not post them on the forum due to the aggression of some members of the forum. I sold 1500 a long time ago, so I cannot offer more precise settings.
IRE R G B
Low 0 0 0
High -4...-8 / 0 /-20...-25
Esegan,

Good to hear from you. What do these changes do to the picture? Add color, subtract color? Change the tone of the color? Etc.

Jack
post #3425 of 3429 Old 06-29-2019, 01:33 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Good to hear from you. What do these changes do to the picture? Add color, subtract color? Change the tone of the color? Etc.
Mutually, you need to make the image black and white (remove the color saturation by 0) and adjust the blue and red within my limits, so that the image is close to black and white visually by eye. Adjusting the red and blue need to do many times and within 5 -10 seconds, the vision quickly get used to the shade of color.

Last edited by esegan; 06-29-2019 at 01:37 AM.
post #3426 of 3429 Old 06-29-2019, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esegan View Post
Mutually, you need to make the image black and white (remove the color saturation by 0) and adjust the blue and red within my limits, so that the image is close to black and white visually by eye. Adjusting the red and blue need to do many times and within 5 -10 seconds, the vision quickly get used to the shade of color.
ok. I will give it a try.

Jack
post #3427 of 3429 Old 07-25-2019, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtchinn View Post
For anyone interested... find attached file.
Image link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zhgkr3t5l5...0Mask.jpg?dl=0

I was originally hoping to recoup a little bit from my work by producing these (I had some 25 revisions/prototypes), but I don't think it's that big of a "product"... so I'm giving it away "Open Source" style.

If you print it and feel like giving:

https://paypal.me/pools/c/8f6XpLAGSp
Just an FYI for those with a PF1500W;
I had my computer guru nephew in Sweden 3D print this out for me, and have come to find out that the ID (Inner Diameter) of the mask is too small to fit around the chrome plated focus ring of a PF1500W
post #3428 of 3429 Old 08-12-2019, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What causes white dots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Ekki,

Do you have information on the DMD chip? My 2 year old unit is starting to have "white dots"

Thanks,

-d
Same with my PF1500W - after only 360 hours I have 3 dots. I am busy checking repair options with LG since I cannot find any info about the DMD chip for this projector.

Does anyone know - is DMD chip failure caused by running the projector too hot or could it be caused by being switched off but left in a warm room (our loft in this case)? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LG pf1500w white dots.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	2602166  
post #3429 of 3429 Old 08-12-2019, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1234 View Post
Same with my PF1500W - after only 360 hours I have 3 dots. I am busy checking repair options with LG since I cannot find any info about the DMD chip for this projector.

Does anyone know - is DMD chip failure caused by running the projector too hot or could it be caused by being switched off but left in a warm room (our loft in this case)? Thanks.
Those would appear to be dead pixels. If they are big enough to be seen in the photo from that distance then it looks like it could be a cluster of them. I don't know which failed combo crates white but hopefully your 1500 is within warranty.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page