The Offical Epson 2040 Thread - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #421 of 1872 Old 12-05-2015, 08:01 AM
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclub View Post
Those who say the 2040 doesn't have great contrast, how much of an improvement is it compared to the 2030/2000 models? Not just black levels but overall picture quality as well? Thanks.
As Ftoast mentioned I wouldn't REPLACE a 2030 with a 2040 but I had a 2030 that I returned (it was refurbished with a dust blob) and the new 2040 I have now is an upgrade IMO.

The 2040 seems sharper on Fast mode and I like the FI (but then again I liked how the 2030 handled 1080p/24 as well). I would say these two things stand out the most.
AMartin56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #422 of 1872 Old 12-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
The 2040 seems sharper on Fast mode and I like the FI (but then again I liked how the 2030 handled 1080p/24 as well). I would say these two things stand out the most.
Do you mean more sharp with Fast then Fine or sharper in 2040?



Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
westbergjoakim is offline  
post #423 of 1872 Old 12-05-2015, 09:14 AM
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post
Do you mean more sharp with Fast then Fine or sharper in 2040?



Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
IMO the quality drop off going from Fine to Fast on the 2030 was considerable. On the 2040 I see little to no difference between them.
AMartin56 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #424 of 1872 Old 12-06-2015, 02:34 PM
Member
 
PeterDoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had all kinds of trouble getting my Sony bdp-s570 3d bluray to recognize my new 2045. I finally found some setting for the Sony that solved that and the 3D is amazing. However, I no longer have the option for frame interpolation. I might have made some changes on the Epson, but I'm not sure what woud have turned this off. It's new, so everything is pretty much standard, other than being in Cinema mode, and 3d set to auto. I also notice I have no control over Aspaect - it's set at Normal.
Any ideas?

Thanks
PeterDoubt is offline  
post #425 of 1872 Old 12-06-2015, 02:46 PM
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDoubt View Post
I had all kinds of trouble getting my Sony bdp-s570 3d bluray to recognize my new 2045. I finally found some setting for the Sony that solved that and the 3D is amazing. However, I no longer have the option for frame interpolation. I might have made some changes on the Epson, but I'm not sure what woud have turned this off. It's new, so everything is pretty much standard, other than being in Cinema mode, and 3d set to auto. I also notice I have no control over Aspaect - it's set at Normal.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Make sure it's set to Fine rather than Fast. FI is grayed out with Fast.

If that doesn't work you might try and see if your new bluray settings caused the problem.
AMartin56 is offline  
post #426 of 1872 Old 12-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I have a 15 meter long hdmi-cabel for something like 80-100 bucks. Dont really know the rates from swedish money. Do you think the projector will work fine with it or do I need a shorter one? It have all high speed, 3d etc.

Have anyone made a calibration on it? By your own or by a pro? Did you manage to make the projector even better if you have?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
westbergjoakim is offline  
post #427 of 1872 Old 12-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Member
 
PeterDoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I forgot to mention that one of the settings changes on my Sony BluRay was to turn off 24p, along with deep color. Again, these were on the Sony signal, not on the Epson display. I wouldn't know where to access those settings on the 2045.
PeterDoubt is offline  
post #428 of 1872 Old 12-06-2015, 03:51 PM
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDoubt View Post
I forgot to mention that one of the settings changes on my Sony BluRay was to turn off 24p, along with deep color. Again, these were on the Sony signal, not on the Epson display. I wouldn't know where to access those settings on the 2045.
I've never messed with deep color but it definitely wasn't turning off 24p. I've used FI with 60hz and 24p.
AMartin56 is offline  
post #429 of 1872 Old 12-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Member
 
PeterDoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Make sure it's set to Fine rather than Fast. FI is grayed out with Fast.

If that doesn't work you might try and see if your new bluray settings caused the problem.
Where are the fine and fast settings?

And FI is grayed out no matter what the input source - cable tv or bluray player.
Thanks
PeterDoubt is offline  
post #430 of 1872 Old 12-06-2015, 05:21 PM
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
I believe the User Button on the remote defaults to toggling Fine and Fast. I don't have the projector in front of me but it shouldn't be hard to figure out. Nothing else in the menu uses those terms.
AMartin56 is offline  
post #431 of 1872 Old 12-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Member
 
PeterDoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
I believe the User Button on the remote defaults to toggling Fine and Fast. I don't have the projector in front of me but it shouldn't be hard to figure out. Nothing else in the menu uses those terms.
Thank you , It was in Imaging. And that did the trick.

This projector is an incredible deal. I got $300.00 in gift cards and $85.00 in Mover's coupon per a SlickDeals thread. Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D and I enjoyed it as much as when we saw it on IMAX. Incredible picture.

Thanks again. Yoda man : )
PeterDoubt is offline  
post #432 of 1872 Old 12-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Member
 
PeterDoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'd be interested in learning how people are using the Miracast feature on the 2045, or streaming from mobile devices. I have iPadsand iPhone and was a bit disappointed that the app doesn't stream video. Of course there's AppleTV.
This projector will be coexisting with a Yamaha RX V770 receiver that has MusicCast and other whole house features. Could get interesting...
PeterDoubt is offline  
post #433 of 1872 Old 12-07-2015, 03:38 AM
 
rocklee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,032
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltrix View Post
I don' think there is any question about buying the 2040 over the 2000 or 2030. The fact they are a similar price and the 2040 gives you a 35,000:1 vs 13,000:1 contrast ratio compared to the 2000/2030. I know the 35,000:1 contrast ratio is a dynamic contrast ratio, but any chance of better blacks is worth taking.

The Frame Interpolation and Detail Enhancement options are also compelling reasons to select the 2040 over the older models.
Hi, I've been trying to choose between the much cheaper 2030 and the newer 2040 projectors, but I still find myself back at square one. There is about a $300 difference between the two, is the 2040 really that much better? I will be using the projector in a room with a bit of ambient light.
rocklee is offline  
post #434 of 1872 Old 12-07-2015, 05:03 AM
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDoubt View Post
Thank you , It was in Imaging. And that did the trick.

This projector is an incredible deal. I got $300.00 in gift cards and $85.00 in Mover's coupon per a SlickDeals thread. Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D and I enjoyed it as much as when we saw it on IMAX. Incredible picture.

Thanks again. Yoda man : )
Glad it worked out. I enjoy mine for what it is as well. If you aren't going to be in a cave anyways and can deal with the lack of placement flexibility it throws a nice image.
PeterDoubt likes this.
AMartin56 is offline  
post #435 of 1872 Old 12-07-2015, 05:10 AM
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
Hi, I've been trying to choose between the much cheaper 2030 and the neweri 2040 projectors, but I still find myself back at square one. There is about a $300 difference between the two, is the 2040 really that much better? I will be using the projector in a room with a bit of ambient light.
I don't think the improvements in contrast are worth it because it's minimal. The ambient light will pretty much affect them equally.

The only other major additions are Image Enhancement and FI. The former DOES add sharpness but is pretty subtle so it may not be a selling point. You already know if you like FI or not.

If you are a gamer the 2040 IMO looks much better in its fastest mode than the 2030 does.

If you can get the 2030 from someone with a good return policy I would try it first then pick up a 2040 if you dislike video games in Fast mode or if you have general issues with motion clarity or image sharpness.
AMartin56 is offline  
post #436 of 1872 Old 12-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just recently purchased a Epson 2045 projector. It's sest up in a dark room with no windows and recess lighting with a dim switch. My projector is on the ceiling and I am getting a decent picture. Can someone tell me (a lame calibrator) the best or most important way of getting the best picture. In other words what settings should I enable to get a awesome picture or what setting have you notice gave you the WOW factor. I watch all types of movies from Cars to Avatar to James Bond to Fast and Furious. Please Advise. Thank you.
Aikins5 is offline  
post #437 of 1872 Old 12-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Member
 
PeterDoubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikins5 View Post
I just recently purchased a Epson 2045 projector. It's sest up in a dark room with no windows and recess lighting with a dim switch. My projector is on the ceiling and I am getting a decent picture. Can someone tell me (a lame calibrator) the best or most important way of getting the best picture. In other words what settings should I enable to get a awesome picture or what setting have you notice gave you the WOW factor. I watch all types of movies from Cars to Avatar to James Bond to Fast and Furious. Please Advise. Thank you.
Aikins, I just got mine, which will be set up in or cabin up north. I'm still playing with it and learning myself, but as I do I'll be glad to make suggestion. It is a budget projector, but I was impressed by the out of the box picture compared to my 8350. Maybe I got lucky. The real jawdropper for us was the 3D picture. Much better blacks and detail. Both Gravity and Guardians of the Galaxy were incredible. I highly recommend trying out that feature. 3D of this quality and at this price could have affected the popularity of the genre. GOTG is particularly spectacular.
PeterDoubt is offline  
post #438 of 1872 Old 12-07-2015, 02:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
IMO the quality drop off going from Fine to Fast on the 2030 was considerable. On the 2040 I see little to no difference between them.
I can't speak of 2030, but as far 2040 is concerned I see no difference or it is very small. In Fast mode only FI and Noise Reduction is disabled. Not sure what Noise Reduction does, sine when I played "The Battle of Algiers" (black and white, very grainy image) I didn't spot the difference. Maybe it has something with SD content and block noise visible there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDoubt View Post
Where are the fine and fast settings?

And FI is grayed out no matter what the input source - cable tv or bluray player.
Thanks
You can also access it via Menu -> Signal -> Advanced -> Image Processing (still User button is way more faster that).
ptmelville is offline  
post #439 of 1872 Old 12-07-2015, 03:31 PM
 
AMartin56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,750
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikins5 View Post
I just recently purchased a Epson 2045 projector. It's sest up in a dark room with no windows and recess lighting with a dim switch. My projector is on the ceiling and I am getting a decent picture. Can someone tell me (a lame calibrator) the best or most important way of getting the best picture. In other words what settings should I enable to get a awesome picture or what setting have you notice gave you the WOW factor. I watch all types of movies from Cars to Avatar to James Bond to Fast and Furious. Please Advise. Thank you.
I'm a hobbyist calibrator. I did a quick and dirty calibration on my 2040 but as results can vary from unit to unit and based upon your environment my settings would be meaningless.

But having sad that I would suggest the following :

Natural Mode

Color Space (I forget wjat they call it but you should be able to figure it out): 6500k This will still look a bit too cold/blue. I would change it to 6000k unless you think that looks too red. To me 6000k looks closer to a calibrated display.

Put it in Fine Mode. Set Image Enhancement to Preset #2 .

Turn Epson Super White to On.

Set bulb to Eco unless you need the brightness. FI should be whatever you like. Turn iris to normal.
DonRSD and The_Forth_Man like this.

Last edited by AMartin56; 12-07-2015 at 04:05 PM.
AMartin56 is offline  
post #440 of 1872 Old 12-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Do you guys have any recommends of 3D glasses? Does everyone with RF work?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
westbergjoakim is offline  
post #441 of 1872 Old 12-08-2015, 04:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post
Do you guys have any recommends of 3D glasses? Does everyone with RF work?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
any full3d compatible glasses will work. Some are gonna be better than others, I had the chance of testing a no name brand next to the original epson and the no name brand actually gave a nice picture with a bit more contrast, only downside is that they are darker than the epson but I have lumens to spare

My advice would be buy a cheap pair that will work if you dont like it keep it for visitors and move up the price chain. Also more expensive doesn't mean better.

http://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-a...+rf+3D+glasses

Read the reviews

Also there are many threads specific for 3d glasses compatibility and result with PJ here on AVS and other web sites.

The 2040/2045 is brand new so nothing particularly related yet but any 2030 or 5030 comments should be similar.

hope that helps
The_Forth_Man is offline  
post #442 of 1872 Old 12-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Member
 
harpo210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Yippie for the "full HD 3D" on the 2040. Glasses are cheap and plentiful. These are the two I've tried.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TY-E...ERA+TY-ER3D4MU
$19 Panasonic - work very well, black out on sides is better with this one. Overall a bit better than the ones below


http://www.amazon.com/PANASONIC-Comp...%29+3D+Glasses
$15 work well too

Guardians of the Galaxy - woo hoo!
How to Train Your Dragon 2 excellent
Inside Out 3D color almost too much
Big Hero 6 sweet
harpo210 is offline  
post #443 of 1872 Old 12-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Member
 
harpo210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Make sure it's set to Fine rather than Fast. FI is grayed out with Fast.

thank you thank you thank you. Mystery solved. I don't use FI much, but I do like it as an option on some things. Couldn't figure out why it got greyed out and was going to call Epson.
harpo210 is offline  
post #444 of 1872 Old 12-08-2015, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steve1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern, Va
Posts: 2,129
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
Hi, I've been trying to choose between the much cheaper 2030 and the newer 2040 projectors, but I still find myself back at square one. There is about a $300 difference between the two, is the 2040 really that much better? I will be using the projector in a room with a bit of ambient light.
The native contrast is a wash between the 2000/2030 and the 2040/2040, but turn on the auto iris and the difference is 1170 for the 2030 vs 5000 for the 2040. (soundandvision.com and projectiondream.com).

Pix: HC2000 at 15ft for 16:9 169 inches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lightexample.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	1106954  

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...eap-build.html
Epson HC3700/HC2000; Screen - 151.5" 16:9/TV or 143.5" 2.35:1/HT at a seating distance of 12-15 feet; Yamaha RXV675 for 7.4; Speakers - Infinity Primus; Subs - 3 Polk PSW10s, 1 BIC F12; Headphones - 5 JVC wireless; Sony 3D Blu-ray player/six pairs 3D glasses.
steve1106 is offline  
post #445 of 1872 Old 12-08-2015, 08:17 PM
Member
 
mevnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Have the 2040 now and it is a solid projector, both 2D and 3D. Yes, blacks are not stellar but price reflects that, it was 699 in Canada on Black Friday. Benq 1070 had better blacks and maybe punchier colors but I am sensitive to the DLP rainbows so no DLP for me.
Using it with Samsung SSG-5150GB 3D glasses from BestBuy. Bit noisy in Normal lamp mode, iris noisy as well. I put together a quick review, let me know if you guys have any questions

harpo210 and steve1106 like this.
mevnet is offline  
post #446 of 1872 Old 12-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevnet View Post
Have the 2040 now and it is a solid projector, both 2D and 3D. Yes, blacks are not stellar but price reflects that, it was 699 in Canada on Black Friday. Benq 1070 had better blacks and maybe punchier colors but I am sensitive to the DLP rainbows so no DLP for me.
Using it with Samsung SSG-5150GB 3D glasses from BestBuy. Bit noisy in Normal lamp mode, iris noisy as well. I put together a quick review, let me know if you guys have any questions

https://youtu.be/AqYjeep959I
Hi there Also in Canada here. I just watched your video review, and I have to say that I pretty agree with your review so far. I'm at 15 hour on it and also paid 699 CAD witch is around 525usd, so I think its quite a bargain for the price. That said what are projecting on in your review?? picture seemed really good!
The_Forth_Man is offline  
post #447 of 1872 Old 12-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Member
 
mevnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Forth_Man View Post
Hi there Also in Canada here. I just watched your video review, and I have to say that I pretty agree with your review so far. I'm at 15 hour on it and also paid 699 CAD witch is around 525usd, so I think its quite a bargain for the price. That said what are projecting on in your review?? picture seemed really good!
Thanks yeah, quite the bargain. I am projecting on a DIY Behr paint 90% grey screen, built on a 4x8ft sheet of melamine. The grey surface helps a bit with the black level

Last edited by mevnet; 12-09-2015 at 05:49 PM.
mevnet is offline  
post #448 of 1872 Old 12-09-2015, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
DaGamePimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,269
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by mevnet View Post
Have the 2040 now and it is a solid projector, both 2D and 3D. Yes, blacks are not stellar but price reflects that, it was 699 in Canada on Black Friday. Benq 1070 had better blacks and maybe punchier colors but I am sensitive to the DLP rainbows so no DLP for me.
Using it with Samsung SSG-5150GB 3D glasses from BestBuy. Bit noisy in Normal lamp mode, iris noisy as well. I put together a quick review, let me know if you guys have any questions

I just wanted to say nice job on the video review.


I do not own the 2040/2045 but my cousin bought a 2030 that he enjoys even though he has a 5020ub in the next room.


- Jason

HT = BenQ HT3550 - Sony HW45ES @133" / Marantz SR6013 7.3.4 Atmos / B&K 5000 II amp / Boston VR2/VR12/CR67 speakers / Rythmik 12" x2 / CV 15" / Panasonic UB820 / Toshiba HD-A3
Media Room = Sony 65x930e / Denon x3300 /Klipsch speakers /Velodyne subs /Sony x700 /PS4 Pro + PSVR/WiiU/PS3/360/Wii/ 2080 TI - 9900K PC / Multi-Arcade / Virtual Pinball TRE45ON
DaGamePimp is offline  
post #449 of 1872 Old 12-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mevnet View Post
Thanks yeah, quite the bargain. I am projecting on a DIY Behr paint 90% grey screen, built on a 4x8ft sheet of melamine. The grey surface helps a bit with the black level
Thanks for the quick reply so its basically 90% silver screen 10%flat white something like that?
The_Forth_Man is offline  
post #450 of 1872 Old 12-10-2015, 01:45 PM
Member
 
mevnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Forth_Man View Post
Thanks for the quick reply so its basically 90% silver screen 10%flat white something like that?
Yes, check the DIY screens section for something available in your area. Take your time and it's not hard to paint with a foam roller.
The_Forth_Man likes this.
mevnet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off