The Offical Epson 2040 Thread - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279Likes

post #481 of 1872 Old 12-17-2015, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
So here are some graphs from my calibration pass. This was the default natural setting with color temp set to 6500k. Brightness was set to 52...everything else was the default.

Depending on how much you know about calibration this might not make total sense but these results aren't that bad.

In the first graph you would prefer to have the red, green and blue lines be flat and right on top of each other.

In the next you would prefer the blue line to be straight/flat at exactly 6500. Higher will look blue....lower will look red/warm.

The third chart shows gamma response. This is a very good result and mimics BT.1886 and is partially responsible for the good shadow detail. This is with the iris OFF....I turn it off for calibration and then back on when I am done.

The last chart shows color response. Technically you want the little colored dots within the nearby square boxes but this is also a good result for an entry level projector when I didn't touch the CMS (Color Management System).
Wow thanks for the graphs, they seem On par/better than the ones on projectiondream. I have'nt bought my calibration tools yet (xmas and all). But that's much better than I would have excepted from a Display a this price point, consistency and all, they actually look like they care Good for us!.

There's that slight blue push you're seeing but appart from that your unit seem really good. My first one was definitely green, but that unit had something going on for sure as it was dead after 4 hours judged DOA by Epson. Sure there's room for improvement. But I can see why it would be a plug and play choice for many. Even if you can buy calibration tools (for the price of one Calibration) and learn pretty easily on the web.

The main concern of the 2040 that keeps coming back is CR compared to DLP's but I'm pretty sure calibration and the right screen, while not making it higher, can help preserve as much as can be from the source,(see how I chose my word. Yeah I've been reading a couple of threads these last few days/weeks ). It'll never be a JVC but loss of CR can be controlled. (that is true for all PJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post
I sit just to the side of it in my earlevel and I can't hear it in Eco when I only have just a little sound. More in Normal but if I turn up the volym, I don't hear that either. I own 2040.

I did compare 2040 to calibrated BenQ w1070 side by side the other day and I must say that 2040 is the winner in every level. Better and sharper image, w1070 had a little warmer and deeper colors though but I'm sure that 2040 can increast that also with a calibration. Almost likewise black levels, 2040 a little better in some scenes and w1070 a little better in others. But 2040 had more sharp and details in dark scenes. There I thought that w1070 would be alot better so I will stick with 2040.

I loved everything with it, but wished a little better black level. But now when compared I won't let it go, this is a great unit to a little price and a new lamp for almost nothing.

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
I was thinking of buying the w1070 based on all the good reviews posted on here but then epson went crazy and released the 2040 and put it at 525USD (699cad) for cybermonday here in canada. Where the W1070 still is almost a canadian grand. Epson sure kicked Benq in the groin on that one. So for 300 buck LESS I picked up the newer LCD model not knowing if we're RBE sensitive.

I have read that most of us in the under 1k are either poor"ish" or cheap. I'm not poor and and I dont think my friend would say I'm cheap, but I work hard and a lot of hours for the money I have, as most of you do, so I like to have the best BANG for BUCK I can. If that make me cheap then so be it. I have to say that, at the price I paid It's hard to argue with the 2040. Seriously appart from the vivitek 1186 there nothing EVER in that price range (500 usd).

I'm quite pleased so far with the epson and can't help myself thinking that there must be a huge amount of biased infos on here (yes I know there is!!! Even if you won't admit it, It's almost as bad as Apple Vs Pc, seriously grow up people.) I have to say also that some of you are honest enough to give credit when it's due and I applaud thee.

I Still Will buy A BENQ either w1070 or 2050/3050 to judge it by myself (yes I'm stupid that way) and will keep the winner it'll be in the HT for the next couple of years. Then if we figure we like it enough (front projection), it'll be replaced by a much more expensive one (WAF and all )

BTW. I already know that I like it enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtapo View Post
When I turn frame interpolation on I see a smooth effect and then a jitter every 5-10 seconds. Its on the low, medium, and high frame interpolation setting. Is anyone else experiencing this? I saw someone else mention it earlier in this thread in their review of the projector. I just tried it right out of the box yesterday with a fire stick plugged into the MHL port while streaming transformers.
I do get that thing with FI. I turned it off, as I was starting to doubt my eyes. Let me know if you figure it out.

BTW. Regarding Black levels, I'm at my In-Laws for the holidays and my father in-law has a philips LCD (yes I said LCD) with superb contrast and black levels (for a LCD) but the overall picture is unwatchable.

Challenge Accepted
steve1106 likes this.

Last edited by The_Forth_Man; 12-17-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added missing word dho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 1872 Old 12-17-2015, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Well keep in mind that Projector Dream probably has a better meter than I own. My is decent but entry level.

As fast as screens go I think they can help with ambient light but low contrast is often low contrast. But under some lighting conditions the benefits of higher contrast could be lost anyways.
post #483 of 1872 Old 12-18-2015, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Forth_Man View Post
Wow thanks for the graphs, they seem On par/better than the ones on projectiondream. I have'nt bought my calibration tools yet (xmas and all). But that's much better than I would have excepted from a Display a this price point, consistency and all, they actually look like they care Good for us!.

There's that slight blue push you're seeing but appart from that your unit seem really good. My first one was definitely green, but that unit had something going on for sure as it was dead after 4 hours judged DOA by Epson. Sure there's room for improvement. But I can see why it would be a plug and play choice for many. Even if you can buy calibration tools (for the price of one Calibration) and learn pretty easily on the web.

The main concern of the 2040 that keeps coming back is CR compared to DLP's but I'm pretty sure calibration and the right screen, while not making it higher, can help preserve as much as can be from the source,(see how I chose my word. Yeah I've been reading a couple of threads these last few days/weeks ). It'll never be a JVC but loss of CR can be controlled. (that is true for all PJ)

I was thinking of buying the w1070 based on all the good reviews posted on here but then epson went crazy and released the 2040 and put it at 525USD (699cad) for cybermonday here in canada. Where the W1070 still is almost a canadian grand. Epson sure kicked Benq in the groin on that one. So for 300 buck LESS I picked up the newer LCD model not knowing if we're RBE sensitive.

I have read that most of us in the under 1k are either poor"ish" or cheap. I'm not poor and and I dont think my friend would say I'm cheap, but I work hard and a lot of hours for the money I have, as most of you do, so I like to have the best BANG for BUCK I can. If that make me cheap then so be it. I have to say that, at the price I paid It's hard to argue with the 2040. Seriously appart from the vivitek 1186 there nothing EVER in that price range (500 usd).

I'm quite pleased so far with the epson and can't help myself thinking that there must be a huge amount of biased infos on here (yes I know there is!!! Even if you won't admit it, It's almost as bad as Apple Vs Pc, seriously grow up people.) I have to say also that some of you are honest enough to give credit when it's due and I applaud thee.

I Still Will buy A BENQ either w1070 or 2050/3050 to judge it by myself (yes I'm stupid that way) and will keep the winner it'll be in the HT for the next couple of years. Then if we figure we like it enough (front projection), it'll be replaced by a much more expensive one (WAF and all )

BTW. I already know that I like it enough

I do get that thing with FI. I turned it off, as I was starting to doubt my eyes. Let me know if you figure it out.

BTW. Regarding Black levels, I'm at my In-Laws for the holidays and my father in-law has a philips LCD (yes I said LCD) with superb contrast and black levels (for a LCD) but the overall picture is unwatchable.

Challenge Accepted
Thanks for your feedback, have you tried other projectors before getting the 2040? I was looking at the 2030 first because I heard/read that the quality was not all that much different to the 2040/2045 and it was about $250 cheaper. But I'm slowly gravitating towards the 2040 because I'm reading more and more feedback about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 1872 Old 12-22-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
Thanks for your feedback, have you tried other projectors before getting the 2040? I was looking at the 2030 first because I heard/read that the quality was not all that much different to the 2040/2045 and it was about $250 cheaper. But I'm slowly gravitating towards the 2040 because I'm reading more and more feedback about it.

Keep in mind that I live in CANADA and that pricing is WAY different than in the U.S. Just look at Amazon.ca to be shocked.

I actually got the bug after watching a nice Sony 3 years ago, had the opportunity to compare the epson 3500/2040/1040/5030ub when I bought this one and also looked at a couple optoma.

The 5030b was clearly above all others and the 1040 was definitely brighter than the 2040 but the price difference between the 2040 and 3500 clearly made the choice fo me. It wasn't worth it IMO.

Optoma was a big hell no as I discovered what a rainbow was. and frankly I didn't have the pleasure of seeing one that wowed me.

As I stated I got the Epson 2040 as my first owned projector and will hopefully upgrade it.

There are 2 things that I like about it in the event of an approved by the council upgrade.

1- It's cheap enough to keep to entertain outside as I would not bring a 5k Pj outside or use as a tv for kids etc..

2- In the event that keeping it hasn't been approved the council it retains a good resale value as it's a well know brand WITH 79$ replacement bulb... Would you really buy a 800$ machine for 400$ knowing you'll need a 250$ bulb? I wouldn't! A 5k pj for 2.5k and 400$ bulb well that another story.

As for 2030/2040

just go with the newer one it's basically the same with less flaws, The lag alone on the 2030 kept me from considering it. also It'll 699$ again in Canada for boxing day/week if I believe the best buy flyer.
post #485 of 1872 Old 12-23-2015, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
After using the 2040 for a few weeks I have a few more observations to make:

1. The crippled lens (no lens shift, limited zoom) makes this ideal for table top, short throw, temporary install. I found the EPSON distance calculator to be deceiving, so leave some margin

2. The attachment points for the mount (minute 3 here -
) is very front biased, so you need the mount to be sturdy enough to keep it level. In my mind this is one more thing indicating that it is meant for table/ shelf mounting

3. Remote is not lit, in normal viewing conditions (that is limited ambient light) you have to pause and turn on the lights to see what you're doing

4. I put up my old W500 for a comparison, and while 2040 is brighter, the resolution is better and colors more natural, the black level is about the same. Kind of surprised as that Benq is OLD, as in 7 years old with 2000 hours on the lamp and it was a budget projector

5. This is a budget projector, good to put up a big image for cheap. It's I think it is what Epson had in mind when designing it

6. With all the caveats this is still the best bang for the buck in Canada at 699 + tax, price available again in Boxing week. Just make sure it is what you want
ptmelville likes this.
post #486 of 1872 Old 12-23-2015, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can this projector be used for gaming? Is there any noticeable lag during sports watching or gaming?
post #487 of 1872 Old 12-23-2015, 12:57 PM

I can confirm that this case fits the 2040:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004E...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not a hard case and of course the logo is wrong but it's a nice snug fit and seems to provide decent protection. The front pouch has enough room for the original power cord, remote and a short HDMI cable.
post #488 of 1872 Old 12-23-2015, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mevnet View Post

1. The crippled lens (no lens shift, limited zoom) makes this ideal for table top, short throw, temporary install. I found the EPSON distance calculator to be deceiving, so leave some margin

2. The attachment points for the mount (minute 3 here - https://youtu.be/AqYjeep959I) is very front biased, so you need the mount to be sturdy enough to keep it level. In my mind this is one more thing indicating that it is meant for table/ shelf mounting

3. Remote is not lit, in normal viewing conditions (that is limited ambient light) you have to pause and turn on the lights to see what you're doing

4. I put up my old W500 for a comparison, and while 2040 is brighter, the resolution is better and colors more natural, the black level is about the same. Kind of surprised as that Benq is OLD, as in 7 years old with 2000 hours on the lamp and it was a budget projector

5. This is a budget projector, good to put up a big image for cheap. It's I think it is what Epson had in mind when designing it

6. With all the caveats this is still the best bang for the buck in Canada at 699 + tax, price available again in Boxing week. Just make sure it is what you want
Thanks for this. Where I am the 2045 is $744, while the 2030 is $620 online. It doesn't sound like the 2045 is all that much better for watching movies (only for gaming).
post #489 of 1872 Old 12-23-2015, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:

I found calculator from Projector Central way more intuitive. I'm not projecting anything big (about 100''), so maybe I'm not noticing any issues here - it matched my calculations in the end.

Quote:
2. The attachment points for the mount (minute 3 here) is very front biased, so you need the mount to be sturdy enough to keep it level. In my mind this is one more thing indicating that it is meant for table/ shelf mounting
I found out this also. I have cheap mount (Brateck PRB-1 to be specific) and I had to tight screws neatly, otherwise it naturally tilts upward.

Quote:
I agree, pilot is cheap and lacking backlight. I'm not too concerned, since I own EH-TW5350 (European version of 2045). Epson iProjection app for smartphones has remote capabilities. I didn't test it yet, but I guess cheap Android phone could be a better replacement.

Quote:

I think Epson was aiming at versatile projector: gaming (low input lag), TV (frame interpolation) combined with low running cost (cheap bulbs). Originally I was going after LED TV, but explored alternatives. LG PF1500 seemed almost like perfect solution at first glance - in the end I did learn about less than optimal input lag and crippled European version (thanks to thread on this forum). I took some risk with Epson not knowing if it will work thanks to limited space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro6 View Post
Can this projector be used for gaming? Is there any noticeable lag during sports watching or gaming?
According to Projector Central review (I don't think I can post links yet, since I'm new member): "Low input lag. With only 25 milliseconds of input lag (1.5 frames at 60 FPS), the Home Cinema 2040 is one of the fastest projectors available for gaming, regardless of price. In fact, it is quite a bit faster than most more expensive home theater projectors. The only caveat is that you can't run frame interpolation if you want fast response times; using FI increases lag to just over 100 milliseconds."

I have huge collection of twitch oriented games and I'm not still sure if I do notice lag at all. There is little or no difference between Fast and Fine mode on projector according to some earlier replies in this thread (I have same opinion here - don't see any degradation in quality). Also games supporting stereoscopic mode work just fine - be noted that I only tested 3D in "Trine".
post #490 of 1872 Old 12-23-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
Thanks for this. Where I am the 2045 is $744, while the 2030 is $620 online. It doesn't sound like the 2045 is all that much better for watching movies (only for gaming).
So if you aren't interested in CFI for motion or image enhancement, it comes down to contrast with the 2000/2030 having native of 325:1 and auto iris corrected of 1170:1 (soundandvision.com) vs the 2040/2045 having native 400:1 and auto iris of 5000:1 (projectiondream.com).

If I was buying I would go with the 2040 unless you can get a great deal on the 2030. For the record, I have a 2013 and a 2014 HC2000 which I obviously like, but for the added features I would spend a little more unless the 2000 was back in the 400 price range.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...eap-build.html
Epson HC3700/HC2000; Screen - 151.5" 16:9/TV or 143.5" 2.35:1/HT at a seating distance of 12-15 feet; Yamaha RXV675 for 7.4; Speakers - Infinity Primus; Subs - 3 Polk PSW10s, 1 BIC F12; Headphones - 5 JVC wireless; Sony 3D Blu-ray player/six pairs 3D glasses.
post #491 of 1872 Old 12-24-2015, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 28
What screen do you think are better to this projector? White or grey?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
post #492 of 1872 Old 12-24-2015, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post
What screen do you think are better to this projector? White or grey?
I am projecting on a 90% grey DIY screen and I think it helps with the black level, whites are still bright and...white. At the end of my video review you can get an idea of how it looks, link is a few posts above.
post #493 of 1872 Old 12-25-2015, 12:11 AM

Not Epson related but...

Merry christmas to all of you!!

May you have a fun filled time with those you cherish.

Chris
post #494 of 1872 Old 12-29-2015, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Where would be a good place to get replacement bulbs for this? Does it make sense to stock up on them now, in case they get discontinued/increase in price? Do they ever go on sale?
post #495 of 1872 Old 12-29-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthefifth View Post
Where would be a good place to get replacement bulbs for this? Does it make sense to stock up on them now, in case they get discontinued/increase in price? Do they ever go on sale?
I don't know where you live, but in Poland bulbs from official Epson store are cheaper than from resellers - warranty is also better. As for stocking, my main concern would be warranty - both for bulb (how can you check it without mounting) and projector (how you can dissemble it without loosing warranty). I'm new to the projectors, so maybe someone with Epson projector under the belt could give a better answer.
post #496 of 1872 Old 12-29-2015, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After 5 or 6 years my Infocus X10 had developed a couple small hicups. It lost the HDMI port, and started showing a few color artefacts. I decided it was time to get a new PJ and settled on the Epson 2040 for it's brightness/cost. My PJ is not in a dedicated theatre, but in a family room with some ambient light. I don't watch sports but I do watch TV shows and movies and play games on it. I grabbed a low price point PJ because technology is changing so fast and I figure I will upgrade again in 5 or 6 years. It will be interesting to see how different things are at that time...

I do notice the black levels on the 2040 not being as nice, so I am going to experiment with silver screens. Also as my old PJ was DLP the throw distance for the Epson is quite a bit shorter, which is going to force me to make some movements / cable changes. Maybe it is time for me to rethink the living room anyway....
post #497 of 1872 Old 01-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Can anyone confirm if aspect ratio is adjustable with hdmi input. Manual seems to say no, but my Optoma does this and it appears the ht1075 can do this as well. I like to stretch my 2.40 ratio movies with letterbox mode. Also are there any reasonably priced glasses for these if I have to replace my dlp glasses?. I like this projector for rf and the mounting will work better in my situation.

Thanks.
post #498 of 1872 Old 01-03-2016, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi
I'm new to digital projectors. just got rid of my old CRT projector and bought a HC2040. I'm trying to understand the epson calculator. I'm ceiling mounting the projector and i'm trying to figure out if the lens is suppose to be centered the screen or is the mounting pole?

thanks
post #499 of 1872 Old 01-04-2016, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
Can anyone confirm if aspect ratio is adjustable with hdmi input. Manual seems to say no, but my Optoma does this and it appears the ht1075 can do this as well. I like to stretch my 2.40 ratio movies with letterbox mode. Also are there any reasonably priced glasses for these if I have to replace my dlp glasses?. I like this projector for rf and the mounting will work better in my situation.
If you have manual go to the page 35, it describes aspect ratio modes: normal/full/zoom.

You can check previous discussion for some compatible glasses (or even other Eposon related threads). I own cheap Samsung glasses that go for about $20 (SSG-5100GB to be specific) and they work just fine. I would expect that any glasses with "Full HD 3D RF" stick would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmiko View Post
Hi
I'm new to digital projectors. just got rid of my old CRT projector and bought a HC2040. I'm trying to understand the epson calculator. I'm ceiling mounting the projector and i'm trying to figure out if the lens is suppose to be centered the screen or is the mounting pole?
It is center of the lens. Accentually horizontal positioning of projector is an easier part, since you can set up projector on the floor and throw pattern (Pattern button on remote). In the center of pattern you will have white vertical line, then just move projector left/right to desired position.

Vertical positioning is a bit more tricky than that, since Epson 2040 has a slight negative throw offset - image is projected a bit bellow the lens (about 5%). In case of celling mount, image starts above the lens (you will probably need an extension tube). To make matter worse images in official manual don't make any sense. I modified them and attached, maybe someone will find this useful in the future.

In the end the best way for finding right spot is asking for help - someone holding projector, throwing pattern and then finding right spot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epson2040table.png
Views:	135
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1160474   Click image for larger version

Name:	epson2040celling.png
Views:	156
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	1160482  
post #500 of 1872 Old 01-04-2016, 03:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I see the manual, it seems to say no adjustment to aspect ratio in HDMI mode which has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Wondering if this is really correct as all the other brands don't seem to have an issue with this. I've seen the samsung glasses. I believe they are non rechargable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmelville View Post
If you have manual go to the page 35, it describes aspect ratio modes: normal/full/zoom.

You can check previous discussion for some compatible glasses (or even other Eposon related threads). I own cheap Samsung glasses that go for about $20 (SSG-5100GB to be specific) and they work just fine. I would expect that any glasses with "Full HD 3D RF" stick would work.

It is center of the lens. Accentually horizontal positioning of projector is an easier part, since you can set up projector on the floor and throw pattern (Pattern button on remote). In the center of pattern you will have white vertical line, then just move projector left/right to desired position.

Vertical positioning is a bit more tricky than that, since Epson 2040 has a slight negative throw offset - image is projected a bit bellow the lens (about 5%). In case of celling mount, image starts above the lens (you will probably need an extension tube). To make matter worse images in official manual don't make any sense. I modified them and attached, maybe someone will find this useful in the future.

In the end the best way for finding right spot is asking for help - someone holding projector, throwing pattern and then finding right spot.
post #501 of 1872 Old 01-04-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
I see the manual, it seems to say no adjustment to aspect ratio in HDMI mode which has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Wondering if this is really correct as all the other brands don't seem to have an issue with this.
You're right. I just checked it and when HDMI connection is used aspect ratio options are not available (checked few different resolution also).
post #502 of 1872 Old 01-05-2016, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmelville View Post

Thanks ptMelville. I have a extension coming today
post #503 of 1872 Old 01-05-2016, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Exclamation Convergence problems

Greetings Dear AVS members,

I've bought the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema as my first projector, and for me it's a great projector, however I've noticed that my unit has convergence problems.

The misalignment is out of the normal limits?

Should I take the projector to repair?

Is this a common problem?

Anyone had this problem solved?

Best regards,
Danny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Menu de perto 1.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	1164810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resultado 2 Teste 2.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1164818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resultado 1 Teste 3.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	1164826   Click image for larger version

Name:	Resultado 2 Teste 4.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	536.8 KB
ID:	1164834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Menu de longe.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	384.6 KB
ID:	1164842  

post #504 of 1872 Old 01-05-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny92 View Post
Greetings Dear AVS members,

I've bought the Epson PowerLite Home Cinema as my first projector, and for me it's a great projector, however I've noticed that my unit has convergence problems.

The misalignment is out of the normal limits?

Should I take the projector to repair?

Is this a common problem?

Anyone had this problem solved?

Best regards,
Danny
Are you still within the initial return period from where you bought it?

If yes I would swap it out. Mine doesn't have perfect convergence but it's better than that... Maybe about a 1/4th of a pixel off? Yours looks closer to a full pixel.

If no and the convergence issue is not visible from your viewing position I would live with it. If you call Epson they will replace with a refurbished unit that might have other issues.
post #505 of 1872 Old 01-05-2016, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Got my epson hooked up tonight and I am super happy with it. Coming from an hd20 things look a little cleaner and sharper. I played a movie and it had some weird lag soap opera effect and o turned off some option can't remember what but that fixed it. So far very happy with it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
post #506 of 1872 Old 01-06-2016, 07:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirsty1258 View Post
I played a movie and it had some weird lag soap opera effect and o turned off some option can't remember what but that fixed it.
CFI option
post #507 of 1872 Old 01-06-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
CFI option
What would you use this for exactly??

post #508 of 1872 Old 01-06-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirsty1258 View Post
What would you use this for exactly??

The Frame Interpolation feature is used to make the scenes with movement look smoother, it works by inserting animation frames between existing frames to eliminate motion blur, however for me it's an imperfect solution that causes a strange soap opera effect and some judder, so I live it disabled.
Thirsty1258 likes this.
post #509 of 1872 Old 01-06-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Are you still within the initial return period from where you bought it?

If yes I would swap it out. Mine doesn't have perfect convergence but it's better than that... Maybe about a 1/4th of a pixel off? Yours looks closer to a full pixel.

If no and the convergence issue is not visible from your viewing position I would live with it. If you call Epson they will replace with a refurbished unit that might have other issues.
Thank you for your reply,

I have to live with that, I'm out of the return period.

Regards,
Danny
post #510 of 1872 Old 01-06-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny92 View Post
The Frame Interpolation feature is used to make the scenes with movement look smoother, it works by inserting animation frames between existing frames to eliminate motion blur, however for me it's an imperfect solution that causes a strange soap opera effect and some judder, so I live it disabled.
Thx man. I can live without that also. I turned on call of duty for the first time in like 6 months and I gotta say I think the projector helped. I was shooting guys I could never have seen on my optoma. My brother came over and thought my screen was a tv. He said he could see the screen fabric on my last projector and on those he could not only the crisp image. He was right. I wonder what on my optoma made the screen still visible even with an image on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page