The Offical Epson 2040 Thread - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #571 of 1872 Old 01-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post
I will try that aswell. But go with RGB full and HDMI Extended? And then adjust brightness and stuff? I think it should be better to adjust that in the computer settings instead of the PJ to stay with the almost accurate values out of the box?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
Actually you start with a value that is set and known in the PC. For me I had the REC 709 color in my video display so I know that the image fed to my PJ his REC709 accurate, then you adjust the settings in the PJ starting with the most accurate one (Natural 6000k color temp no IRIS) then you tweak everything to be the most accurate on your screen (since you know the source to be accurate) and then YOU SAVE IT TO A USER MEMORY. Be sure to note everything you do down if you play in the advanced colors and dont want to have to reset everything further on.

Anyways its always good to keep a tab on every mod you do.
The_Forth_Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #572 of 1872 Old 01-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Newbie
 
VendettA87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi Guys;

Couple of weeks ago i had the chance to try Optoma HD26, Benq W1070 and Epson HC2040 (in my country its called TW5300). So i decided to buy an epson 2040 and last week i bought it.

Im using android tv box and xbox one but gaming is my number one priority. In my opinion this is the best gaming projector in this price range. Because, most open world console games (witcher 3, fallout 4, gta 5 etc.) aren't locked at 30 fps. However this Frame Interpolation (F.I.) feature makes huge difference. Games which is running in slightly below 30 fps, looks like above 30 when F.I. is on... Locked 30 Fps games looks even better with F.I... I play games for 20 years and this is really amazed me. Also there isn't any input lag problem. Its unnoticeable, only 25 ms...

I cant understand why people whining about black levels. It is quite good on gray screen paint. Also averall image quality is awesome. Sharp, bright and crisp... Thanks to 3LCD technology, there is no annoying rainbow effect. Colors are bright and live. If your viewing distance is normal, screen door thing is undetectable.

In eco mode fan noise is really low but sound of auto iris can be annoying if you sit too close to your pj. It sounds like broken hard drive

In conclusion, i belive i made a right choice. Im really happy with my 2040.

Last edited by VendettA87; 01-22-2016 at 01:50 AM.
VendettA87 is offline  
post #573 of 1872 Old 01-21-2016, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
So today I took every down built a wider platform to attach the mount/droped it. Moving back a couple of feet was Vetoed by the council so it appears we will be shooting at widest setting since we really like the bigger picture. I ended up at 132"

When putting everything back I tried to fix my stupid mount that never properly fitted that strange bolting pattern under the 2040. I had tried when first installing it to remove the back feet but to no good. This time I had the stupid Idea of trying to remove the rubber bumpers in the feet to see if I could unscrew them completely, and I discovered that while I was not able to unscrew them I was able to screw IN them....

So I now have a perfectly placed and balanced mount on top of the PJ Real happy camper here putting it back and adjusting it was WAYYY quicker.

So a quick tip if you have a regular 4 corner adjustable mount use the 4 corners
westbergjoakim likes this.
The_Forth_Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #574 of 1872 Old 01-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
i know dlp fans say that the lcd's (degrade) lose color and yellow over a short period of time with prolonged use. i have seen the test TI did confirming this but it was in 2003.. is this still an issue when using lcd pj for long hours at a time everyday ? (like 15-18 hours) .. iknow i will be replacing bulbs every 6 months probably with these hours but i dont want to have to replace the projector after a year or two due to degrading
ataqdroid is offline  
post #575 of 1872 Old 01-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataqdroid View Post
i know dlp fans say that the lcd's (degrade) lose color and yellow over a short period of time with prolonged use. i have seen the test TI did confirming this but it was in 2003.. is this still an issue when using lcd pj for long hours at a time everyday ? (like 15-18 hours) .. iknow i will be replacing bulbs every 6 months probably with these hours but i dont want to have to replace the projector after a year or two due to degrading
I can't directly answer that question but:

If It did develop that issue under 2 years you could always get a new one on warranty. Epson has THE best customer service I've seen in a while.

Warranty says 2 years complete coverage on the unit I haven't seen any mentions of hours anywhere. You could always pay extra for warranty or if you have a credit card sometimes they extend manufacturer warranty.

That's what I did visa gave me another year so I'm covered for 3 years that brings my usage for under 1$ per day (with glasses, mount and taxes)over 3 years (not including bulbs) If it breaks then so be it.
The_Forth_Man is offline  
post #576 of 1872 Old 01-22-2016, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steve1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern, Va
Posts: 2,129
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataqdroid View Post
i know dlp fans say that the lcd's (degrade) lose color and yellow over a short period of time with prolonged use. i have seen the test TI did confirming this but it was in 2003.. is this still an issue when using lcd pj for long hours at a time everyday ? (like 15-18 hours) .. iknow i will be replacing bulbs every 6 months probably with these hours but i dont want to have to replace the projector after a year or two due to degrading
I have two of the previous model (HC2000) which uses the same LCD panels/lamp and my oldest is still going after averaging almost six hours a day over the last 25 or so months for 4552 hours on the original lamp.

A hundred or so hour ago I noticed discoloration in the lower right corner that is not there every time and goes away completely after 15 to 30 minutes. The cooler the room the more likely the discoloration and the longer it takes to resolve. It bothered me at first but on a 169 inch image I only notice it if I look for it and now I turn on the projector and let it "warm up" before the show.

Also, I think back in 2003 they used organic panels and now they use inorganic. This decreases the chance of faded colors.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...eap-build.html
Epson HC3700/HC2000; Screen - 151.5" 16:9/TV or 143.5" 2.35:1/HT at a seating distance of 12-15 feet; Yamaha RXV675 for 7.4; Speakers - Infinity Primus; Subs - 3 Polk PSW10s, 1 BIC F12; Headphones - 5 JVC wireless; Sony 3D Blu-ray player/six pairs 3D glasses.
steve1106 is offline  
post #577 of 1872 Old 01-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
thanks for the feedback guys ..ive been trying to find the detail of epsons warranty but all i find is 2 year warranty without the fine print.
ataqdroid is offline  
post #578 of 1872 Old 01-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataqdroid View Post
thanks for the feedback guys ..ive been trying to find the detail of epsons warranty but all i find is 2 year warranty without the fine print.

There you go fine prints on last page.

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd43307.pdf

They do dress normal and excessive usage in the fine prints. I guess it all depends on whats excessive, I'm pretty sure commercial usage voids warranty.

Last edited by The_Forth_Man; 01-22-2016 at 11:05 AM.
The_Forth_Man is offline  
post #579 of 1872 Old 01-22-2016, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steve1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern, Va
Posts: 2,129
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataqdroid View Post
thanks for the feedback guys ..ive been trying to find the detail of epsons warranty but all i find is 2 year warranty without the fine print.
It is 2 year overnight replacement of the unit with a refurbished one and much less for the lamp (lamp is so cheap I don't remember). Some members have sent back Epsons four or five times to find one that works for them. Keep in mind that the replacement projector warranty ends when the original warranty ends.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...eap-build.html
Epson HC3700/HC2000; Screen - 151.5" 16:9/TV or 143.5" 2.35:1/HT at a seating distance of 12-15 feet; Yamaha RXV675 for 7.4; Speakers - Infinity Primus; Subs - 3 Polk PSW10s, 1 BIC F12; Headphones - 5 JVC wireless; Sony 3D Blu-ray player/six pairs 3D glasses.
steve1106 is offline  
post #580 of 1872 Old 01-22-2016, 11:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 2
thanks for the info and link to document will definitely keep epson as a consideration now.
The_Forth_Man likes this.
ataqdroid is offline  
post #581 of 1872 Old 01-22-2016, 10:34 PM
Newbie
 
NickPDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodus View Post
[*]The thing was a steal at Best Buy, got it for $799 + a $300 Gift Cards back.
Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. I am interested in buying a projector, primarily for outdoor summer movie nights but also for the occasional gaming session on the bare wall. After reading through this thread it sounds like the 2045 will work great for what I need. Thanks again!

@brodus and @Thirsty1258 ... if you guys are still around this thread. You mentioned a best buy deal for $799 and got a $300 gift card too? Am I reading that correct? I have been scouting out the price on the 2045 for a while and have yet to see it change from the $849 price it is at now.

I am trying to get the best deal I can get ... anybody have any tips? Do projectors tend to go on sale around Super Bowl time like big screen TVs do?

Thanks again for everybody in this thread!!
NickPDX is offline  
post #582 of 1872 Old 01-22-2016, 10:41 PM
Member
 
Thirsty1258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPDX View Post
Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. I am interested in buying a projector, primarily for outdoor summer movie nights but also for the occasional gaming session on the bare wall. After reading through this thread it sounds like the 2045 will work great for what I need. Thanks again!

@brodus and @Thirsty1258 ... if you guys are still around this thread. You mentioned a best buy deal for $799 and got a $300 gift card too? Am I reading that correct? I have been scouting out the price on the 2045 for a while and have yet to see it change from the $849 price it is at now.

I am trying to get the best deal I can get ... anybody have any tips? Do projectors tend to go on sale around Super Bowl time like big screen TVs do?

Thanks again for everybody in this thread!!
Nick I actually went back to best buy when their system glitched and gave 500 in gift cards ! So i was able to go back and get my extra gift card from them after printing the screen from the website. Check out slick deals and make a price alert for projectors that's what i did and you will need to jump on some deals quickly like the one I got. I am very pleased with my epson coming from an optoma. Used 3d today for the first time which was cool. Good luck pm if you have any questions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thirsty1258 is offline  
post #583 of 1872 Old 01-23-2016, 04:04 AM
Member
 
Willshire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I just got my replacement from projectorpeople, and it's great. They're terrific to work with. I can focus clearly across the entire picture now, I'm quite happy. Calibration numbers were way different between the two units I had. Almost the exact same amount of pincushion going on, less than 1/8" difference, so I guess I'm just picky or everyone else knows to deal with it. I'll just have to get some velvet tape and sacrifice an inch around my screen.

Only slight worry is that maybe once every half an hour or so the picture will flicker very briefly. Not really anything big, but it is distracting. Did this with both projectors. This something anyone else has experienced? Since both were doing it, I kind of wonder if my graphics card is going out. Need to switch around sources and see.
Willshire is offline  
post #584 of 1872 Old 01-23-2016, 06:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willshire View Post
I just got my replacement from projectorpeople, and it's great. They're terrific to work with. I can focus clearly across the entire picture now, I'm quite happy. Calibration numbers were way different between the two units I had. Almost the exact same amount of pincushion going on, less than 1/8" difference, so I guess I'm just picky or everyone else knows to deal with it. I'll just have to get some velvet tape and sacrifice an inch around my screen.

Only slight worry is that maybe once every half an hour or so the picture will flicker very briefly. Not really anything big, but it is distracting. Did this with both projectors. This something anyone else has experienced? Since both were doing it, I kind of wonder if my graphics card is going out. Need to switch around sources and see.
I'm glad you got that resolved. They did send you a NEW unit and not a refurb right?.

What part of calibration was different? I'm curious.

Also 1/8 pin WoW are you projecting on a screen or a wall? also what size screen? I wish that mine only had 1/8. And Yeah most if not all 2000/2030/2040/2045 have that issue more or less. Seem some a pickier than others Also if you have any means of checking this, is your pin only at the bottom or does it star higher. I noticed when taking measurements that mine started around centre lens.

Also since you seem to be on the pickier side do you notice some softness in the corners?

As for that flicker, I don't remember reading about it and I didn't notice it on mine more the one I auditioned before I bought it. Do you remember the serial of the first one you had. Sometimes when sending new one they come from the same batch and have some similar issues.

Just a thought.
The_Forth_Man is offline  
post #585 of 1872 Old 01-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Newbie
 
VendettA87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is this model have organic or inorganic panel? Does anyone have an information?
VendettA87 is offline  
post #586 of 1872 Old 01-23-2016, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steve1106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern, Va
Posts: 2,129
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by VendettA87 View Post
Is this model have organic or inorganic panel? Does anyone have an information?
A quick search of Epson LCD organic vs inorganic seems to indicate it is old tech that was almost gone by 2010 with only a few holdovers.
VendettA87 likes this.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...eap-build.html
Epson HC3700/HC2000; Screen - 151.5" 16:9/TV or 143.5" 2.35:1/HT at a seating distance of 12-15 feet; Yamaha RXV675 for 7.4; Speakers - Infinity Primus; Subs - 3 Polk PSW10s, 1 BIC F12; Headphones - 5 JVC wireless; Sony 3D Blu-ray player/six pairs 3D glasses.
steve1106 is offline  
post #587 of 1872 Old 01-23-2016, 12:23 PM
Member
 
Willshire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Forth_Man View Post
I'm glad you got that resolved. They did send you a NEW unit and not a refurb right?.

What part of calibration was different? I'm curious.

Also 1/8 pin WoW are you projecting on a screen or a wall? also what size screen? I wish that mine only had 1/8. And Yeah most if not all 2000/2030/2040/2045 have that issue more or less. Seem some a pickier than others Also if you have any means of checking this, is your pin only at the bottom or does it star higher. I noticed when taking measurements that mine started around centre lens.

Also since you seem to be on the pickier side do you notice some softness in the corners?

As for that flicker, I don't remember reading about it and I didn't notice it on mine more the one I auditioned before I bought it. Do you remember the serial of the first one you had. Sometimes when sending new one they come from the same batch and have some similar issues.

Just a thought.
I wish 1/8" it's about half an inch. Within 1/8" from the replaced one. My pin only starts near the very edge, maybe the last inch or so it gets noticeable. On a home made screen, and my wall the pin is about the same. Not too much to worry about, most people don't complain so I wasn't sure if it was just me, or just a thing that happens. Now I know.

Unfortunately didn't record the serial number. I'll check my orders, maybe projector people did the work for me. Thanks for the idea.
Willshire is offline  
post #588 of 1872 Old 01-23-2016, 07:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Forth_Man View Post
Just found this:

http://www.aaarpinball.com/Miscellaneous/p1080.htm

Real simple and quick convergence and focus health check

Greetings,


The picture in this test has the same intensity in all points? It seems to have in my PC screen.
My projector is showing different intensities in a strange pattern. Why?
I think I've got focus issues as well. I can't focus the entire screen at once. I don't know what to do.
This projector has lots of problems.
LCD panel convergence, brightness uniformity, color uniformity, focus, and maybe even more.


I'm out of the return period, but within warranty time.


Regards,
Danny
danny92 is offline  
post #589 of 1872 Old 01-24-2016, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
bobbyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sonora, CA, USA
Posts: 999
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPDX View Post
Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. I am interested in buying a projector, primarily for outdoor summer movie nights but also for the occasional gaming session on the bare wall. After reading through this thread it sounds like the 2045 will work great for what I need. Thanks again!

@brodus and @Thirsty1258 ... if you guys are still around this thread. You mentioned a best buy deal for $799 and got a $300 gift card too? Am I reading that correct? I have been scouting out the price on the 2045 for a while and have yet to see it change from the $849 price it is at now.

I am trying to get the best deal I can get ... anybody have any tips? Do projectors tend to go on sale around Super Bowl time like big screen TVs do?

Thanks again for everybody in this thread!!
Call Best Buy and order the 2045 over the phone, and you'll get a $200 gift card bundled. Tell them you want to price match amazon or bhphoto or adorama. The Epson 2040 is $699 at those websites, but the MFG # (V11H707020) is incorrect at Best Buy's website for the 2045 model.
You could probably price match/buy in store as well. You could order online and then call to price match, but it is always easier to get it price matched before paying rather than later.
bobbyc is offline  
post #590 of 1872 Old 01-24-2016, 06:07 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys,

Can anyone with a 2040/2045 and Mad Max 3D do a little test for me? Overall it's great, but I do notice some crosstalk and I want to know if it's normal or not. The easiest way to test would be the Menu. On my setup I notice crosstalk on each icon. For example, on "Audio" I can see a little "A" on the left and a little "o" on the right.

In case any of this matters, it's a 2045, Sony Blu Ray, Denon S710 AVR. I have it ceiling mounted, 105" screen. I have all the enhancements turned off, and the 3D depth is set to +/-0 on both the Blu Ray player and the projector.

I did try adjusting the depth, and in fact I could fix the crosstalk in the menu, but then it introduced crosstalk into the background.

This is my first home 3D experience so I don't know if I'm just expecting too much.
DalSegno is offline  
post #591 of 1872 Old 01-24-2016, 06:11 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys,

Can anyone with a 2040/2045 and Mad Max 3D do a little test for me? Overall it's great, but I do notice some crosstalk and I want to know if it's normal or not. The easiest way to test would be the Menu. On my setup I notice crosstalk on each icon. For example, on "Audio" I can see a little "A" on the left and a little "o" on the right.

In case any of this matters, it's a 2045, Sony Blu Ray, Denon S710 AVR. I have it ceiling mounted, 105" screen. I have all the enhancements turned off, and the 3D depth is set to +/-0 on both the Blu Ray player and the projector.

I did try adjusting the depth, and in fact I could fix the crosstalk in the menu, but then it introduced crosstalk into the background.

This is my first home 3D experience so I don't know if I'm just expecting too much.
DalSegno is offline  
post #592 of 1872 Old 01-24-2016, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I dont have Mad Max in 3d but have you adjust the screen size?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
westbergjoakim is offline  
post #593 of 1872 Old 01-24-2016, 07:32 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by westbergjoakim View Post
I dont have Mad Max in 3d but have you adjust the screen size?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk
Yes it's adjusted correctly. However, I was unable to discern any difference at all between the 100 and 110 inch settings. When you hit 120 inch, it adjusts the depth setting up to +2, and you can still go in and return the depth setting to 0 and the screen size stays where it was. Does anyone know exactly what the screen size setting is supposed to do?
DalSegno is offline  
post #594 of 1872 Old 01-25-2016, 06:17 AM
Member
 
OntarioTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I tried to look for info on this but just can't find it.

I wanted to know what and if the option is there for pulldown on 1080p/24. I'm curious if its 2:2 or 4:4
OntarioTL is offline  
post #595 of 1872 Old 01-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Unhappy Focus problem

Greetings,


My Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2040 seems to have focus issues, because when I focus the center, the text seems out of focus on the left side, and when I use the pluses test pattern I've half a pixel more on the left in the horizontal plane when compared to the center, the vertical plan seems ok, in the entire image, if I try to focus the left side all the image goes out of focus, really anoying.


This is my first projector, I've only noticed this problem in small text and in test patterns, watching movies I can't notice it, I've seen some posts complaining about this problem.


I've bought my projector in December so I can't return it, what I should do?


Best regards,
Danny
danny92 is offline  
post #596 of 1872 Old 01-25-2016, 01:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny92 View Post
Greetings,


My Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 2040 seems to have focus issues, because when I focus the center, the text seems out of focus on the left side, and when I use the pluses test pattern I've half a pixel more on the left in the horizontal plane when compared to the center, the vertical plan seems ok, in the entire image, if I try to focus the left side all the image goes out of focus, really anoying.


This is my first projector, I've only noticed this problem in small text and in test patterns, watching movies I can't notice it, I've seen some posts complaining about this problem.


I've bought my projector in December so I can't return it, what I should do?

Best regards,
Danny
How long have you had it? You say December so your probably just over you return window. How many hours on it? Also being out of your return window shouldn't impact customer service and warranty. If you bought it from a brick and mortar they might be able to help you even if your out of return date, because that's not your intent. Return policies are made for buyer's remorse and/or comparing models. your over that now.

What you have is a warranty issue

That being said, you definitely have a focus issue it seems. Call the nice Epson costumer people explain your problem to them, the steps you took to ensure that your unit has a problem (verifiying focus issue vs convergence issue etc etc. Then depending on your date of purchase and number of hour they'll send you a new one or a refurb.


My bet's on a new one tho.
danny92 likes this.
The_Forth_Man is offline  
post #597 of 1872 Old 01-25-2016, 03:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Greetings and thanks for your help,


I've bought my projector more than one month ago. I've called Epson before because of convergence issues they said they will take the projector and then see if it's repairable, if not they will send me a new unit. What does that mean?


After the repair my projector could be worst than before, full of scratches and with more convergence and focus problems.
I'm afraid of calling Epson, my family told me that I could get worse problems, what do you think? I should call the support to take my projector for repairing/replacement?


PS:
90h on the lamp


Best regards,
Danny

Last edited by danny92; 01-25-2016 at 03:29 PM.
danny92 is offline  
post #598 of 1872 Old 01-25-2016, 04:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Nearest known city Montreal
Posts: 366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny92 View Post
Greetings and thanks for your help,


I've bought my projector more than one month ago. I've called Epson before because of convergence issues they said they will take the projector and then see if it's repairable, if not they will send me a new unit. What does that mean?


After the repair my projector could be worst than before, full of scratches and with more convergence and focus problems.
I'm afraid of calling Epson, my family told me that I could get worse problems, what do you think? I should call the support to take my projector for repairing/replacement?


PS:
90h on the lamp


Best regards,
Danny

Convergence Is actually easy for them to fix. They adjust the panels within spec and It could actually be better than new since they fix THAT problem. If they already recorded your inquiry I think that could be a good thing. Focus uniformity is another animal, they have to change the lens etc.. Honestly I would prefer my unit having convergence issue fixed than having a refurb that I didnt know.

In your exact situation I would call them back and proceed. If it's only convergence you'll probably end up with a better than new unit. If not you'll get a new one. If you get the same or worse send it back. Some member sent 3, 4, 5, units to epson but in the end there always satisfied so will you.
danny92 likes this.
The_Forth_Man is offline  
post #599 of 1872 Old 01-25-2016, 05:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Forth_Man View Post
Convergence Is actually easy for them to fix. They adjust the panels within spec and It could actually be better than new since they fix THAT problem. If they already recorded your inquiry I think that could be a good thing. Focus uniformity is another animal, they have to change the lens etc.. Honestly I would prefer my unit having convergence issue fixed than having a refurb that I didnt know.

In your exact situation I would call them back and proceed. If it's only convergence you'll probably end up with a better than new unit. If not you'll get a new one. If you get the same or worse send it back. Some member sent 3, 4, 5, units to epson but in the end there always satisfied so will you.

I'll think about it.


Thank you for your help.
danny92 is offline  
post #600 of 1872 Old 01-25-2016, 10:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Forth_Man View Post
Honestly I would prefer my unit having convergence issue fixed than having a refurb that I didnt know.
Not sure if this is of any help, but you can access service menu same way as in few other Epson projectors:

Quote:
To view the After Service (AS) menu, press and hold the Menu button on the remote or the projector's control panel for at least 8 seconds, then release it. Within 4 seconds of releasing the menu button, press the ESC button twice.
You will get total lamp hours, information about lamp replacement etc.
danny92 likes this.
ptmelville is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off