The Offical Epson 2040 Thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279Likes

post #241 of 1870 Old 10-08-2015, 05:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk96 View Post
Anyone know if the 2045 would be bright enough on a 16' x 9' screen? 220 inch diagonal. Specs show up to 300 inch but when I look at projector centrals calcs they show its way out of its brightness range for that size screen. I'm looking for a cheap 1080p projector for outdoor movies.
I think the specs are just showing how large an image you can focus when fully zoomed out. The Epson 2045 is only 2200 lumens so while you'd certainly get a visible picture, it's not gonna look the best. I used to use my Epson 705HD on a 16'x9' screen and it worked okay, but was slightly on the dim size at 2500 lumens. I currently use an Epson 730HD (3000 lumens) and it looks great. Don't discount 720P projectors if it's just going to be for outdoor use. You'll be sitting far enough away from the screen that the resolution difference will not be noticeable. If you really want 1080P, try the Panasonic AR100U (2800 lumens). I used that on my 16'x9' screen and it looked quite nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 1870 Old 10-08-2015, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
3D

Took a while to get glasses and 3d Blu-ray but I had it all going and it looks great! I DIDN'T see any cross-talk looked as good as theater.

Someone said lack of contrast, get a blu-ray of 2001 space odyssey and make sure that your player and Epson have all the correct settings enabled. There are many menu settings on BOTH devices.

Keep in mind that directors may want the appearance of lower contrast for some movies to set a mood.

The source material does matter.
CARTmen likes this.
post #243 of 1870 Old 10-08-2015, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This might be a stretch, but does anyone here use their Epson 2040 in a dual projector 3D system? I have two Epson 2040's on back-order (sure wish the seller mentioned that possibility when I ordered online) so I can't measure whether I can go with the small filters (33x53 mm) or need large ones (43x73mm). I'm guessing I can go small, but don't want to make a wrong and costly assumption.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by el-georgeo View Post
Took a while to get glasses and 3d Blu-ray but I had it all going and it looks great! I DIDN'T see any cross-talk looked as good as theater.

Someone said lack of contrast, get a blu-ray of 2001 space odyssey and make sure that your player and Epson have all the correct settings enabled. There are many menu settings on BOTH devices.

Keep in mind that directors may want the appearance of lower contrast for some movies to set a mood.

The source material does matter.
Thanks alot for sharing the 3D experience you had with the projector. I'm very interested in the 3D performance because 3LCD projectors usually have crosstalk and it makes me headaches, so I'm really happy to know you saw none.
post #245 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Canadians:

Anyone hear when this might be available in Canada?

thx
post #246 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Took my 10 day old RECIEPT back into best buy yesterday and they did a return/rebuy(without even taking the PJ down from the ceiling) in order to give me that 200.00 giftcard. This just keeps getting better. That kind of irritated me that the 200 giftcard came out like three days after I bought my first one. So much so that I finally went in yesterday to talk to them about it and boom, taken care of.

I need to know what 3d glasses work best with this unit. The guy at BB was trying to tell me the Samsung ones only work with specific TV's and he had no clue which projectors they worked on.

Any input on 3d glasses? There are the regular Samsung ones there at 49.00 a pop. This giftcard is burning a hole in my pocket.

Thanks in advance.

Also I'm about to pull the trigger on a silverticket screen for the bedroom for this PJ and keep going from white to HC grey. I had a grey screen once before and it made everything so dark, when I put in the white screen everything got "punchier" (6500ub) and I liked it better so I stuck with white. However this PJ could use a bit of black help so I wonder if I should try again or just stick with the white. Input on that would be appreciated as well.
post #247 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 11:56 AM

I'm also wondering what this PJ and line of PJ's with 99.00 replacement bulbs is going to do to the market.

If people start actually opting for this PJ instead of the 5030(I know crazy right?) JUST BECAUSE of how much they use it and how much they hate paying 300.00 for new lamp I could see it affecting the direction these guys are going. This 2045 is no 5030 but it's pretty dang nice to the avg joe and understanding how often you replace lamps makes it an easy decision for a room with ANY ambient light. 2045 all day.

I hope the whole industry follows suit and starts making the lamps all around 100.00 regardless of the PJ. Once the cheap PJ's with, more-importantly, cheap lamps get dark enough and gorgeous enough nobody will be buying the expensive PJ other than the wealthy and videophiles among us. Maybe I don't understand the dynamics of the replacement bulb market but it seems to me the 99.00 bulb is a big breakthrough that could make big change.

If the 5030UB had 100.00 lamps I would've bought two of those instead of two 2045's. Maybe one of each...but my hangup isn't the price of the 5030 it's the price of the lamp that goes in it.

Started looking at the Sony reviews last night and the replacement bulb is 359.00 or whatever....I stopped reading the review immediately because whatever it says doesn't matter to me. That's just stupid money for something that you replace that often...double it and you can get a new 2045.

I don't think I could ever buy another PJ that takes 300+ bulbs. If the PJ is high end maybe 150 at the most....otherwise I'm happier with a bit lesser contrast and black levels at 99 bucks a pop. I use my projector, it doesn't just sit in some dark room to be turned on once a week.

Last edited by Snausy; 10-09-2015 at 12:00 PM.
post #248 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 28
For 3d Glasses, any of the BT RF ones should work. I have the 2000 and I've used Samsung, LG and Pansonic 3d Glasses and they all worked fine. Personally, I like the Panasonic VIERA TY-ER3D4MU the best.
Ftoast likes this.
post #249 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
Canadians:

Anyone hear when this might be available in Canada?

thx
They couldn't share pricing/release date, but Costco Canada did confirm that they plan to carry the 2040 model. I'm guessing it will be out sometime this month?
post #250 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My temporary projector set-up location...

Here are a few photos of my temporary set-up. Hopefully, it will help with your set-up. The bottom of the projector is ~13" from ceiling. The steel shelves dimensions (I got from IKEA) are 75"H x 23"W x 14"D. I also have 1.5" of wood between projector and the top shelve. The projector is 18' from screen (the projector central calculator shows 16'8" due to zooming-in, but other values are correct) and it is zoomed-in by almost all the way. The projector is cantilever by 20" (but you may not need the cantilever part if you are closer, or have a larger wall). I probably will keep it and make it look nicer, since it eliminates connecting it to the ceiling (and purchasing a ceiling mount and running wires).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151009_153846.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	985329   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151009_155844.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	985337  
post #251 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2683 Post(s)
Liked: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snausy View Post
I'm also wondering what this PJ and line of PJ's with 99.00 replacement bulbs is going to do to the market.

If people start actually opting for this PJ instead of the 5030(I know crazy right?) JUST BECAUSE of how much they use it and how much they hate paying 300.00 for new lamp I could see it affecting the direction these guys are going.

I don't think I could ever buy another PJ that takes 300+ bulbs. If the PJ is high end maybe 150 at the most....otherwise I'm happier with a bit lesser contrast and black levels at 99 bucks a pop. I use my projector, it doesn't just sit in some dark room to be turned on once a week.
There's been a 2000/2030 before this and years of Mitsubishi and NEC and others before offering $60-100 official lamps, but a particularly popular 1080 p Epson continually offering it can't hurt.

The nice DLPs should only need two or three lamps through an entire lifetime and a well setup 2040 should be able to get close to that if not match it...the older Epson's and 5030/5025 are more lamp-hungry in addition to more expensive to replace.

Between you're wanting deeper blacks and less bulb-worries, have you considered something like the LG pf1500?
Brighter than your old Epson and as brighter than your 2040's will be later on in eco or near lamp's end-life in full.
Deeper blacks.
LED lampless and impressively quiet for its brightness and small size.
The LG DOES cost around $850-900 and though it includes as many or more wireless features than the 2045, it lacks 3D support.
Seems like something you could check out and enjoy, possibly even more.

If you're sticking to Epson, they have a high-end/5030-equivalent lampless projector as well...it's just overpriced for now at well above the cost of something similar plus a ton of replacement lamps.

Easy $25 DIY black (or any color) ALR paint +$40-$50sprayer screen mix smooth/clean and very easy to learn spraying with little/no mess.
Simple $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
Quick <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room "A store that sells blinds can help your picture more than a store that sells projectors many times." -bud16415

Last edited by Ftoast; 10-09-2015 at 01:42 PM.
post #252 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 03:15 PM

While everyone here enjoys deeper, darker blacks and that is what drives the industry year to year(what I was referring to), I don't want a different projector thanks!

See I can't do any better for 650.00 for where I have it and how I use it. I KNOW this already and I don't need your "help". Thank you so much for offering your opinion though......again. I almost forgot that you hate Epson for a couple hours.

Why do you think I have bulb worries? I own two 2045's now. Bulb worries only existed with all the other projectors that I would possibly consider having in my house and the one I had before. I think everyone else better get their prices in line or more people will wonder why they would ever buy a PJ that demands 300 for a replacement lamp.

This projector has CFI and several other goodies from the higher end PJ's in Epson's lineup. Do ANY of the ones you suggest? No they don't. I enjoy CFI for my football and other sports. It's even pretty great for just TV most of the time in the 1 setting, not much soap opera effect at all.

Everyone wants ink black eventually and if the cheaper models achieve it with cheap bulbs there will be no reason to buy the expensive models. Especially the ones that have expensive lamps. Not really debatable.
post #253 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM

PROJECTOR CENTRAL'S REVIEW OF THE 2040 if you haven't seen it: http://www.projectorcentral.com/epso...040-review.htm

"On the surface, the Home Cinema 2040 looks and acts very much like the earlier Home Cinema 2030. On the spec sheet, not much has changed. However, once you get into the meat and potatoes of the machine, you start to realize that the Home Cinema 2040 is an entirely different beast.

The Home Cinema 2040 has the same smooth, natural, balanced picture found on the Home Cinema 2030, as well as the same inexpensive lamp replacements. However, it also includes a number of features (Frame Interpolation, Detail Enhancement, 2D to 3D conversion) normally found only on more expensive projectors. And gamers will be thrilled to hear that it has less input lag than most other projectors, marking a significant improvement for Epson and making the Home Cinema 2040 an excellent gaming machine. At $799, the Home Cinema 2040 is a great little projector and a solid value for movies, games, television, and anything else you can think of."

Have a great weekend!
post #254 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I mentioned the LG because you sound concerned about the difference of a $99 lamp and a $200+ lamp, deeper blacks, CFI, additional software sharpness enhancements and the ~$850 starting price.
The pf1500 lowers the lamp-price another $99 down to $0, deepens blacks, has built-in CFI, additional software sharpness/detail enhancement, wireless galore, and a ~$850 starting price.

Value isn't brand-specific.
Nothing wrong with owning one 2040 and one LG..the suites from ET aren't going to quarantine you for cross-contamination.

Easy $25 DIY black (or any color) ALR paint +$40-$50sprayer screen mix smooth/clean and very easy to learn spraying with little/no mess.
Simple $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
Quick <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room "A store that sells blinds can help your picture more than a store that sells projectors many times." -bud16415
post #255 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 05:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Isn't it strange that in every Epson thread the same guys pop up to push BenQ, Sony or LG. For the last two years as a proud Epson owner I have seen it over and over. They say odd things like what was stated a few posts above: " Brighter than your old Epson and as brighter than your 2040's will be later on in eco or near lamp's end-life in full. " Odd thing to say. It makes the 2040 seem bad, but it makes no sense. So, in about 7000 hours the LG will be brighter. Who cares by then? It is $99 to fix the issue and then it will spank the LG again. I've got 3800 hours on my first HC2000 lamp and I have 30 hours on my second. If there is a difference I don't see it.

Two years ago they told members that Epson had bad lamps and the BenQ lamp would last 3 times as long. Now we know they were just making it up based on the HC8350 issues. It didn't matter that I can buy two and a half lamps for the cost of one BenQ. Another odd thing to say.

A simple look at this very forum shows issues with BenQ lamp dying early and exploding lamps. I haven' seen anything like this with the 2000/2030. You really have to laugh at the attempts to find a good cheaper aftermarket lamp to avoid paying $250ish for a BenQ lamp. Odd. A long lasting lamp according to these members that will only cost you pennies per hour.

When I am helping a friend, I show them mine and tell them about the BenQ better contrast, dust issues, 1 year warranty and that a few see rainbows. With the Epson I tell them about the 2 warranty, lesser native contrast, and 99 lamp cost. I let them sample a 3D movie, a blu-ray, regular HD TV and a little Amazon streaming. I really don't push what I have and let them decide. Usually they pick the Epson or move up the projector ladder. I don't care as long as they are happy.

It is like a game to several members. Pick their product and bad mouth the other product that they don't own. Just look at AV in the projector central forum. Makes you wonder why. Is there something going on that we don't know about. Look at the Amazon reviews for the Epson 2000/2030 and notice a posting or two directing people to the BenQ. Odd. Look at the BenQ postings when someone says something negative and the comments attack the person. Odd.

The next thing is to attack the overnight warranty. Oh my gosh, they send you a refurbished model or they fix your projector. Odd. They will keep sending you projectors until you get one you like and lets face it, some of us are picker than others. Think about a company who will keep sending you projectors on there own dime trying to make it right for the most hard to please customer. Odd, they say that is a bad thing.

I have heard of companies hiring people to post positive reviews. Just think, steer a person to a entry level projector with a $249 dollar lamp and a 1 year warranty. That has got to be worth something.

But these same members always claim: I just want the member to get the best product. What I have. Odd. This isn't one size fits all, but they would have you believe that everyone picks their product. Odd.

For the record, the only way I'll ever own a Ben is if they up the warranty and offer a $99 lamp. Oh, and fix the light leakage from the vent. While the image is as good, the support isn't. I guess I could always pay extra for a square trade warranty and take my chance on an aftermarket lamp. Odd.

As I type this, I am torn. I want the new HC2045 for $650 ($850-$200 gift card), but I have two perfectly good HC2000s for an 120 inch image and 169 inch image. Does my Epson family grow this weekend?

Last edited by steve1106; 10-09-2015 at 05:48 PM.
post #256 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1106 View Post
As I type this, I am torn. I want the new HC2045 for $650 ($850-$200 gift card), but I have two perfectly good HC2000s for an 120 inch image and 169 inch image. Does my Epson family grow this weekend?
If you just want it for the wireless fun, a $50 android box or Roku will allow any hdmi compatible projector to have the same features plus extras..including the 2000/2030 of course.

If you want it for the added CFI and 2D-3D built-in (rather than playing from a PC) and have a hard time justifying a third PJ, the resale on a gently used 2000/2030 can't be that bad..is the warranty transferable?

post #257 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 17
just curious as to what level people have been setting their frame interpolation? I have been playing around with it and am still not 100% on what I prefer. Obviously everybody has their opinions, so I want to hear what others are doing regarding the frame interpolation setting for various types of movies (ones with lots of fast movement/action, animated movies, 3D movies, etc) on the their 2040/2045. Thanks!
post #258 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
These are the lease expensive .....Samsung Active 3D-Glasses - SSG-5100GB and they work just fine

average about 15$ on Ebay

They use disposable button batteries & are not rechargeable but the $1 battery is good for 40 to 80 hours

They fit comfortably over eyeglasses too
Ftoast likes this.
post #259 of 1870 Old 10-09-2015, 10:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftoast View Post
[SPOILER]
If you just want it for the wireless fun, a $50 android box or Roku will allow any hdmi compatible projector to have the same features plus extras..including the 2000/2030 of course.

If you want it for the added CFI and 2D-3D built-in (rather than playing from a PC) and have a hard time justifying a third PJ, the resale on a gently used 2000/2030 can't be that bad..is the warranty transferable?
It would be projector number 4, but I came into another home when my 91yr old Dad broke his hip, so I would put my old 2013 HC2000 in the "lake" house for when I visit Dad. I have been using a SVGA projector for my weeks there and I want to upgrade to 1080p.

Why four projectors? Even if I bought the 2045, all four projectors would still be under the price I paid for my 70 inch Sharp TV several years ago.
post #260 of 1870 Old 10-10-2015, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1106 View Post
It would be projector number 4, but I came into another home when my 91yr old Dad broke his hip, so I would put my old 2013 HC2000 in the "lake" house for when I visit Dad. I have been using a SVGA projector for my weeks there and I want to upgrade to 1080p.

Why four projectors? Even if I bought the 2045, all four projectors would still be under the price I paid for my 70 inch Sharp TV several years ago.
Does that mean dad sorta gets a new projector, or do you just prefer not to move them around/take one with you?

That's something that kept me away from keeping any of the lamp-based PJs I tried..the LED models are smaller and lighter and so well sealed that they're nearly indestructible by compare.
Even more than inexpensive lamps, I really hope LED catches on more so brands besides LG give a serious product at a competitive price.

Imagine a 2045 or 3000/3500 that didn't use a lamp at all.

post #261 of 1870 Old 10-10-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftoast View Post
Does that mean dad sorta gets a new projector, or do you just prefer not to move them around/take one with you?

That's something that kept me away from keeping any of the lamp-based PJs I tried..the LED models are smaller and lighter and so well sealed that they're nearly indestructible by compare.
Even more than inexpensive lamps, I really hope LED catches on more so brands besides LG give a serious product at a competitive price.

Imagine a 2045 or 3000/3500 that didn't use a lamp at all.
I have two similar sized rooms set up in the basement for a 169 inch image and a 120 inch image. The women will run me out of the main room from time to time, so that is where the HC2000s are. I have used a ViewSonic SVGA for travelling, but I have been staying at the unoccupied lake house a week at a time every two months, so I am ready for 1080p. (Dad doesn't want to come home and be alone at 91.)

My fear with LED is what happens if you have an LED go bad, what then. At least with the Epson it is an easy fix for $99.

While the Epson is not for everyone, it really is a great low cost TV replacement projector designed for everyday use in a less than perfect environment.
harpo210 likes this.
post #262 of 1870 Old 10-10-2015, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

There's always a what if an LCD panel goes bad or a polarizer or just a pixel or two..or the powersupply. Lots of things CAN go wrong.
Look through all the threads of the cheapo bottom of the barrel LED models and try to find any instances of a LED going bad..even at the low low prices they're being heaved out, the breakage rate is incredibly low.
And (unlike a lamp) the LEDs are covered under the full warranty.

But it IS nice to have the consumable part (of a projector which has one) available for cheap.
An LED light-engine (if you replace one outside of warranty after somehow breaking one) is about $200 from lumagen...plus labor or your own soldering.

post #263 of 1870 Old 10-11-2015, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_zk_z View Post
Here are a few photos of my temporary set-up. Hopefully, it will help with your set-up. The bottom of the projector is ~13" from ceiling. The steel shelves dimensions (I got from IKEA) are 75"H x 23"W x 14"D. I also have 1.5" of wood between projector and the top shelve. The projector is 18' from screen (the projector central calculator shows 16'8" due to zooming-in, but other values are correct) and it is zoomed-in by almost all the way. The projector is cantilever by 20" (but you may not need the cantilever part if you are closer, or have a larger wall). I probably will keep it and make it look nicer, since it eliminates connecting it to the ceiling (and purchasing a ceiling mount and running wires).
And what is the distance from the ceiling to the white part of the screen? Are you using keystone?
post #264 of 1870 Old 10-11-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuwarrior View Post
And what is the distance from the ceiling to the white part of the screen? Are you using keystone?
My projected image on the screen is 84" in height and I got 8' (96") tall walls, that leaves (96"-84"=12"). So, I have 6" from top of the projected image to ceiling and 6" from bottom of the projected image to floor. I am not using any keystone (my projector is located in the back, lined-up with middle of the screen). I hope, I understood your question correctly.
post #265 of 1870 Old 10-11-2015, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
My projected image on the screen is 84" in height and I got 8' (96") tall walls, that leaves (96"-84"=12"). So, I have 6" from top of the projected image to ceiling and 6" from bottom of the projected image to floor. I am not using any keystone (my projector is located in the back, lined-up with middle of the screen). I hope, I understood your question correctly.

Thanks for your post. I was trying to figure out the offset, so you have the projector 13" from the ceiling and the top of the image 6" from the ceiling right? Im thinking of buying this projector , and now itry to know how large the extension tube for the ceiling instalation should be.
post #266 of 1870 Old 10-11-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuwarrior View Post
Thanks for your post. I was trying to figure out the offset, so you have the projector 13" from the ceiling and the top of the image 6" from the ceiling right? Im thinking of buying this projector , and now itry to know how large the extension tube for the ceiling instalation should be.
Yes, you would need the extension tube for the ceiling installation to be about 7" (subtracting 13" from 6"), if you want the top of the projected image to line-up with top of the wall. You could temporary place the projector on top of a shelving (like my posted picture) and when you are happy with the exact placement, order the ceiling mount. I like my set-up now (no need for a ceiling mount or running cables on the ceiling).
sse450 likes this.
post #267 of 1870 Old 10-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Send a message via AIM to Bahn Yuki Send a message via MSN to Bahn Yuki Send a message via Yahoo to Bahn Yuki
Hey Bahn here, just chiming in. After playing around with the projector this weekend I have found that the input delay is excellent. After playing Uncharted Remastered on PS4 via HDMI I found that the controls were tight and responsive. For a more rigorous test I connected Dreamcast via VGA, and it looked phenomenal. Playing Twinkle Star Sprites with a friend, I had absolutely no problems with lag or syncing. I've been keeping it in ECO mode due to the very obnoxious fan in normal mode. You lose some lumens and brightness, but during watching a movie the silence is welcomed.

As gaming is concerned, this projector is definitely worth the money. As for movie watching, the frame interpolation leaves much to be desired. During the opening scenes of The Dark Knight you see plenty of artifacting even when set to low. Black levels are sub-par at best and pale in comparison to my old Epson 8500UB. Tomorrow I will be getting my 3D glasses and I will have further thoughts with 3D after viewing a few movies. Stay tuned.
post #268 of 1870 Old 10-11-2015, 12:44 PM

OMG, 3D looks amazing

I just picked up a pair of Samsung SSG-5150GB RF 3D glasses from Best Buy and started watching Avatar (note: you need to hold/press the on-switch for a few seconds until you see the prompt on the screen that it was synced). It looks amazing, much better than my 82" rear projection DLP Mitsubishi TV. The Verizon FIOS cable looks great too.

PS. anyone wants an 82" TV??? It is very cheap.
post #269 of 1870 Old 10-11-2015, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
I just picked up a pair of Samsung SSG-5150GB RF 3D glasses from Best Buy and started watching Avatar (note: you need to hold/press the on-switch for a few seconds until you see the prompt on the screen that it was synced). It looks amazing, much better than my 82" rear projection DLP Mitsubishi TV. The Verizon FIOS cable looks great too.

PS. anyone wants an 82" TV??? It is very cheap.
Did you see any ghost in the 3D image?
post #270 of 1870 Old 10-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me if this would be an upgrade to my current Panasonic AE-2000U?

The Panny is ready for a new lamp but is now closing in on 5 years old. I can't afford to put another $1500-2k on a projector upgrade, but if a lamp replacement is over $300, maybe this route will give me a brighter, better picture along with 3D capability considering how old the Panny is, which I love.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page