4Likes

post #31 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
It seems there are multiple lessons to be learned from this case by inexperienced shoppers. Not being aware of the 30-day limit for returns of electronics like projectors is number one. Number two would be the RMA process. Like most legitimate retailers, ProjectorPeople.com clearly defines their return policy:

Since purchase date is required on the RMA form, it's likely that if an RMA request were made after the 30-day limit it would be denied. Without all the details we can't be absolutely certain what all went wrong in this case. But it appears likely that the RMA process was not properly followed in addition to exceeding the 30-day return limit.
30 day return policy after using the product or breaking the quality seal is one thing. My situation is different
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Mentioned: 350 Post(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky3RD View Post
30 day return policy after using the product or breaking the quality seal is one thing. My situation is different
From purchase date or delivery date. Again, the rest is irrelevant.

"Our 30-day return program means you may return your purchase, excluding special orders, non-stock products and opened lamps, to us should you be dissatisfied with your purchase within thirty (30) days of receipt*** of the product.

***Receipt:
Is the date provided by the carrier as proof of delivery, or the date of the signed delivery receipt for your product."

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
post #33 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Your situation is not different. You are not special. The fact that the projector was unopened is irrelevant and EVERYONE who buys from them has thirty days to return regardless of how little it was or wasn't used. If you cannot grasp this extremely simple term of doing business with them, then you have bigger problems than a projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Quoted: 3787 Post(s)
Liked: 3001
Quote:
OK, it seems as if there's a third lesson to be learned here by inexperienced shoppers: Vendors can't be expected to make exceptions for customers who fail to abide by the published terms of return even when those customers try to read between the lines and misrepresent the terms of return to their selfish advantage.
post #35 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
OK, it seems as if there's a third lesson to be learned here by inexperienced shoppers: Vendors can't be expected to make exceptions for customers who fail to abide by the published terms of return even when those customers try to read between the lines and misrepresent the terms of return to their selfish advantage.
Vendors can't be expected to make exceptions,but they can.
post #36 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I assume that you did the sensible thing and called the company before mailing the items back to them.

What did they tell you when you called?
post #37 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinEric View Post
I assume that you did the sensible thing and called the company before mailing the items back to them.

That the most they can do is to give me an in-store credit but they wont refund my credit card
post #38 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You can blame Projector People all you want, but EVERYONE who returns something to them is going to think that they're special and that they deserve a full refund regardless of the company policy that was breached. It looks like you made a mistake, and instead of owning up to it are trying to badmouth a company because of their industry standard return policy. You made a mistake (or two in this case). Take your lumps and stop trying to sully the reputation of a company for your own shortcomings.

I'm also not really sure how they ended up with your money and your products? It sounds like they shipped the items to you, you sat on them for 2 months, realized that you didn't want them and contacted Projector People, were told that the best that they would do would be to give you store credit, and then you shipped them the items anyway after being told that you wouldn't be refunded. Is that accurate?
post #39 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjammin172 View Post
I'm also not really sure how they ended up with your money and your products? It sounds like they shipped the items to you, you sat on them for 2 months, realized that you didn't want them and contacted Projector People, were told that the best that they would do would be to give you store credit, and then you shipped them the items anyway after being told that you wouldn't be refunded. Is that accurate?
This is also confusing to me...why did you ship the items back to them if you weren't satisfied with what they told you (store credit only)?
post #40 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post
Thanks to AVS for having an ignore feature, I recently put it to good use.

- Jason
I think a lot of people will eventually use that feature for this person. He's also prompting the use of that function in another thread.
post #41 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

I am used to amazon, no questions asked. You return the items you get your money back
post #42 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
I am used to amazon, no questions asked. You return the items you get your money back
Not after 30 days they won't.
post #43 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
Not after 30 days they won't.
Yes they did. All I had to do is explain the situation and say "please"...Human beings sometimes understand some situations and act, well, like humans
post #44 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Yes they did. All I had to do is explain the situation and say "please"...Human beings sometimes understand some situations and act, well, like humans
So you are saying you have went past a 30 day return window multiple times, and still came back for refunds? Sounds like this is not a one time deal. It appears you are doing this type of thing alot.
Craig Peer likes this.
post #45 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile View Post
So you are saying you have went past a 30 day return window multiple times, and still came back for refunds? Sounds like this is not a one time deal. It appears you are doing this type of thing alot.
yes, and by doing that Amazon has gained a loyal customer who has been spending a lot of money on their merchandise
post #46 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think he is just looking for a bit of attention. Why even argue this much about a point of view that is so obviously short sighted, to people who can't help with the situation anyway? I just don't believe anyone could be this naive and still have the intelligence to deal with home theater equipment. The only ulterior motive I can think of is he is lonely. I guess it worked, look how many replies he has received. There is no way he really believes this nonsense.
post #47 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
yes, and by doing that Amazon has gained a loyal customer who has been spending a lot of money on their merchandise
This is why companies should not give anyone in store credit or refunds after their return window has closed. Someone like you will take advantage of it, then come back and do it again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1078050  

Last edited by Swolephile; 11-24-2015 at 02:56 PM.
post #48 of 52 Old 11-24-2015, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
290+ posts in 13 days. Judging by the content (lack thereof) of this guy's posts, he's a troll.

I'm trying to learn about projectors in anticipation of a future purchase and I have to sift through countless garbage post after garbage post of his. Starting threads on topics that have been discussed ad nauseum. Justifying his purchases, items, etc as the best when, clearly, there is better to be had. The idiocy has to stop! Moderators, time to moderate this individual, PLEASE!

Ignore function will be used on Rocky3rd from here on out.

XBOX Live GT: LOTION in BULK
post #49 of 52 Old 11-25-2015, 06:16 AM

I think it's pretty safe to say that this entire story is completely made up. No one could be so dumb as to ship all of the items back to a company after they already told him that he wouldn't receive any of his money back. What a strange, strange way to reach out for attention.
post #50 of 52 Old 11-25-2015, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think it's pretty safe to say that this entire story is completely made up. No one could be so dumb as to ship all of the items back to a company after they already told him that he wouldn't receive any of his money back. What a strange, strange way to reach out for attention.
They simply said to return the merchandise with the pre-paid shipping labels they emailed me and that they had to inspect the equipment before reaching a conclusion, and that most likely I could get a refund. Now it seems that a refund wont be possible, but they will grant me a store credit. Not exactly my first choice but better than losing my money
post #51 of 52 Old 11-25-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinEric View Post

Quote:
That the most they can do is to give me an in-store credit but they wont refund my credit card
Quote:
They simply said to return the merchandise with the pre-paid shipping labels they emailed me and that they had to inspect the equipment before reaching a conclusion, and that most likely I could get a refund. Now it seems that a refund wont be possible, but they will grant me a store credit. Not exactly my first choice but better than losing my money
Before they said that they would only give you store credit when you originally called, but now you're saying that they originally told you that they would probably give you a refund, against their own return policy, but later decided to only give you store credit? Story keeps changing... Regardless, it's no one's fault but your own IF this is actually a true story. Read store policies before you buy, and live and learn. Don't blame others for your own mistakes.
post #52 of 52 Old 11-25-2015, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Before they said that they would only give you store credit when you originally called, but now you're saying that they originally told you that they would probably give you a refund, against their own return policy, but later decided to only give you store credit? Story keeps changing... Regardless, it's no one's fault but your own IF this is actually a true story. Read store policies before you buy, and live and learn. Don't blame others for your own mistakes.
The rep said that most likely I could get a refund given taht the merchandise was brand new, but obviously he just said that to make me feel more at ease...Hey, I am mad at nobody, a store credit is acceptable at this point...It's all good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page