AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/)
-   -   Portable Mount for outside projector use (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/2272834-portable-mount-outside-projector-use.html)

JoshFink 01-03-2016 07:44 AM

Portable Mount for outside projector use

I'm searched but maybe I'm not using the right terms. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Right now we like to take the projector outside in the front yard on a work table, project against the garage, add an external speaker and watch movies outside.

This works great except I have this anxiety about someone bumping the table over and the projector and other equipment goes flying.

Any ideas or what has anyone done to make this a little more seamless while also securing it?

Thanks for the help

Josh

gregoryperkins 01-04-2016 01:08 PM

You could do a rear projection from inside the garage. Not sure if that would kill the brightness.

JoshFink 01-04-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregoryperkins (Post 40304034)
You could do a rear projection from inside the garage. Not sure if that would kill the brightness.

Sorry, I should have specified. I already have a projector, Epson 2040, just need a secure way to move it in and out and keep it safe.

Thanks

Josh

impulse 01-04-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshFink (Post 40304218)
Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate the reply. I should have specified. I already have a projector, Epson 2040, just need a secure way to move it in and out and keep it safe.

Thanks

Josh

The 2040 can do rear projection.

I would suggest using 1 layer of light grey spandex to project onto from behind. Like gregoryperkins suggested this would keep all the equipment in the garage out of harms way. The sound also goes through the spandex.

This is how I do my outdoor movies. I bungee the spandex to the garage door rails. Works great!

gregoryperkins 01-04-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impulse (Post 40304626)

I would suggest using 1 layer of light grey spandex to project onto from behind. Like gregoryperkins suggested this would keep all the equipment in the garage out of harms way. The sound also goes through the spandex.

This is how I do my outdoor movies. I bungee the spandex to the garage door rails. Works great!

Bingo. Never tried it myself, but I've seen the option on my projectors.

DaGamePimp 01-04-2016 02:36 PM

JoshFink 01-07-2016 09:16 AM

Thanks for the reply's. I'm going to check this out. For some reason I didn't receive a notification about this.

Josh

JoshFink 01-07-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impulse (Post 40304626)

Looking for a place to get this Spandex. Can you recommend one?

Thanks

impulse 01-07-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshFink (Post 40423994)
Looking for a place to get this Spandex. Can you recommend one?

Thanks

http://spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/10921

This is recommended.