SONY VPL-HW45ES : HW40ES successor - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 650Likes

post #2611 of 2613 Old 12-09-2019, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Just about to turn 100 hours on my 45ES and loving it so far.

I've searched this thread a few times but never found a resounding answer to whether or not there is a "just as good as OEM" bulb replacement for the 45ES.

I'd love to hear from people that have, in the last year or so, replaced the lamp on their 45ES. Can you post a link to what you went with and your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 2613 Old 12-09-2019, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2293 Post(s)
Liked: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by madermat View Post
yep and some of the 4k titles seem to be a little better to me, 5th element looked better on 4k then bluray to me .maybe some movies done in 4k have a better source ? not sure but they are very clean noise free. and yes resolution is going to be 1080p on the sony 45.what ever you feed it it will only display max res in this case 1080p. i am legend 4k looked only as good as the bluray so i think the newer movies are going to be better (bluray or 4k)
The better the source the better the output.
The higher colour depth and added detail (there is 4x the detail on a 4K disk, that even downscaled will be apparent on the 2k screen) is definitely worth it. It has the added benefit that you can buy 4k discs and then have them ready for when you eventually buy a 4k display.

I think that apart from recent films that are shot in 6k or higher and (crucially) mastered in 4k, then older films actually give a much higher quality HDR transfer than newer films due to them coming from actual film stock/negatives. For example, The Wizard of Oz and Lawrence of Arabia are superb transfers, both in colour and detail.
The original Alien film too..... etc etc

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
post #2613 of 2613 Old 12-19-2019, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereed View Post
Still enjoying my Sony 45es after few years.
Awsome picture.
Can You write yours settings?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
VPL-HW45ES

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page