Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread - Page 140 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26951Likes

post #4171 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by los seres View Post
Because of the limitation on the projectors HDMI input (300Mhz) You will only be able to do 4K at 8bit @60hz @ 4:2:0. so no HDR (10bit minimum).
So it's the chromecast that is the limiting factor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4172 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Because of the limitation on the projectors HDMI input (300Mhz) You will only be able to do 4K at 8bit @60hz @ 4:2:0. so no HDR (10bit minimum).
Or is it the projector? If so why do they say it's HDR capable?
post #4173 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrek View Post
Or is it the projector? If so why do they say it's HDR capable?
The projector can do HDR but at 24hz. Because of the limited bandwidth of the HDMI input (10.2 gbps) it can only do 4k 60P @8bit @4:2:0. It would need 18 gbps to do 4K @60 @10bit s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4174 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
The projector can do HDR but at 24hz. Because of the limited bandwidth of the HDMI input (10.2 gbps) it can only do 4k 60P @8bit @4:2:0. It would need 18 gbps to do 4K @60 @10bit s.
Ok starting to understand and there is no way to get the videos to play at 24 fps unless google changes something in chromecast settings that allows that correct
ndabunka likes this.
post #4175 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrek View Post
Ok starting to understand and there is no way to get the videos to play at 24 fps unless google changes something in chromecast settings that allows that correct
Yes Correct. This is the same thing that happens on the Nvidia Shield TV.
post #4176 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Same problem with PS4 pro. Everything is channeled through a 60hz container.

Setup: Epson 5040 UB, 110" SilverTicket AT screen, PS3 bluray, Yamaha RX-V673 AVR, Polk and Athena speakers, Batcave room.
The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (here!)
Pixar screenplay slideshows here!
post #4177 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Yes Correct. This is the same thing that happens on the Nvidia Shield TV.
Any idea if google will ever let that happen or any streaming VUDU player capable of changing to 24hz
post #4178 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by john barlow View Post
I'm replacing a Panny 8000 with the Epson...Hope I'm amazed....any tips as far as mounting or setup would be appreciated.
Coming from a Panny PT-AE3000 that has served me very well over the years, the Epson 5040 was a "major" upgrade for me in terms of brightness, sharpness, clarity, and color saturation and of course 4K capability...albeit excellent faux 4K.. I hesitated in upgrading to the 8000 last year due to lack of 4K and therefore extremely interested in your findings and impressions relative to overall PQ differences.

Relative to your mounting inquiry, and not knowing your current ceiling mount, if you don't have a Chief RPA/SLB mounting system, I would highly suggest looking into one. It is an extremely sturdy mount and will make life with a PJ extremely simple and easy. If you do have a Chief RPA, a custom SLB is available...see my recent posts.

WRT to settings, as PQ and color are very subjective, I would only recommend experimenting with the settings to taste. You could begin with some of the settings posted recently by owners here who have found favored settings. Ultimately, only you will be able to determine what combination of parameters makes an image pleasing to you. Hope you have as much fun as many of us did during our first days of ownership! IMO, the many pluses of the 5040 outweighs the few minuses!
McBadden likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #4179 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Took inspiration from another poster here. Did not like the idea of a mount and it just sitting out. With the front intake/vent had this built today.

Basement is under remodel so its a bit of a mess but it solves two problems. One a great place to put the projector and not bug me so much about getting white and a place to hang presence speakers.

The unfinished wall will be a counter top with bar counter when its done. The header across the top to hold the projector was only $120 in materials.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161214_163411.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	1830249   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161214_163424.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1830257  
gene4ht, rupedogg24 and Adrienn like this.

Last edited by Eric_Connelly; 12-14-2016 at 04:34 PM.
post #4180 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 293
LENS MEMORY RECALL EPSON RESPONSE AND SOLUTION

All, important update here from Epson today regarding the inaccurate lens memory recall that we have been experiencing. Here is a copy paste of their response. Please read in detail...

The gist of it is, you should move your lens shift in One Direction only, and never step back for final adjustments. I have yet to test this.
-----------------

Sorry for our late reply on this matter, we were checking with our engineers.

Here is the reply from the engineers on this matter;

We have done the test of lens shift position memory in the QC process on multiple units.
The recalled position accuracy of the units tested were each within spec.

SEC engineers confirmed that the shift amount between recalled position and original position is within 5.5 mm or less as actual measurement value.

There is a possibility of bad accuracy caused by the procedure for fitting in the screen when customers memorizes the different positions.

As a precaution, when you fit the display position to the screen, you should avoid moving the lens shift in the opposite direction.
Please refer to the attached file named “Epson PC 4040-6040UB HC 5040UB-5040UBe Lens shift position memory.pdf" for a better explanation, and try to use this method when setting lens memory positions.

If you move the lens shift "step by step" to opposite direction for fine-tuning, the moving amount will not be counted correctly by sensor. As a result, a memorized position will be shifted from target, and the bad accuracy of recalled position occurs.
This is caused by a factor coming from the mechanical structure and the position monitoring method by sensor.

Unfortunately, SEC hasn't been able to find a better solution for accuracy improvement.

Thank you again for your patience in this matter.
We hope this helps!

Setup: Epson 5040 UB, 110" SilverTicket AT screen, PS3 bluray, Yamaha RX-V673 AVR, Polk and Athena speakers, Batcave room.
The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (here!)
Pixar screenplay slideshows here!
post #4181 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 172
As I'm thinking about the wiring...

Sources
Roku Ultra
Apple TV
Oppo BDP203

PrePro
Anthem AVM 50V

Can I simply plug the Roku and Apple TV into the 2 HDMI inputs on the Oppo, and then take one HDMI out to the 50040 for video and the other HDMI out to the Anthem for audio?

...seems too simple...
post #4182 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Coming from a Panny PT-AE3000 that has served me very well over the years, the Epson 5040 was a "major" upgrade for me in terms of brightness, sharpness, clarity, and color saturation and of course 4K capability...albeit excellent faux 4K.. I hesitated in upgrading to the 8000 last year due to lack of 4K and therefore extremely interested in your findings and impressions relative to overall PQ differences.

Relative to your mounting inquiry, and not knowing your current ceiling mount, if you don't have a Chief RPA/SLB mounting system, I would highly suggest looking into one. It is an extremely sturdy mount and will make life with a PJ extremely simple and easy. If you do have a Chief RPA, a custom SLB is available...see my recent posts.

WRT to settings, as PQ and color are very subjective, I would only recommend experimenting with the settings to taste. You could begin with some of the settings posted recently by owners here who have found favored settings. Ultimately, only you will be able to determine what combination of parameters makes an image pleasing to you. Hope you have as much fun as many of us did during our first days of ownership! IMO, the many pluses of the 5040 outweighs the few minuses!
Hey, maybe you could illuminate me with the purpose of the HDFury. Why I would want or need one. I am interested in making sure I have everything I need to finish my theater upgrade which has been underway since April.
post #4183 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1874 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by ht guy View Post

Sources
Roku Ultra
Apple TV
Oppo BDP203

PrePro
Anthem AVM 50V

Can I simply plug the Roku and Apple TV into the 2 HDMI inputs on the Oppo, and then take one HDMI out to the 50040 for video and the other HDMI out to the Anthem for audio?

...seems too simple...
Oppo does not have 2 HDMI inputs IMHO.
post #4184 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by ht guy View Post

Sources
Roku Ultra
Apple TV
Oppo BDP203

PrePro
Anthem AVM 50V

...seems too simple...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
Oppo does not have 2 HDMI inputs IMHO.
When I first saw this, I read it as "Dual HDMI Outputs and Inputs."

Re-reading it, I can see it says "...and Input."

Same question applies - Now just the Roku Ultra is going to the 203.

And the Apple TV running through the Pre/Pro and then to a different HDMI input on the 5040.
post #4185 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
LENS MEMORY RECALL EPSON RESPONSE AND SOLUTION

All, important update here from Epson today regarding the inaccurate lens memory recall that we have been experiencing. Here is a copy paste of their response. Please read in detail...

The gist of it is, you should move your lens shift in One Direction only, and never step back for final adjustments. I have yet to test this.
-----------------

Sorry for our late reply on this matter, we were checking with our engineers.

Here is the reply from the engineers on this matter;

We have done the test of lens shift position memory in the QC process on multiple units.
The recalled position accuracy of the units tested were each within spec.

SEC engineers confirmed that the shift amount between recalled position and original position is within 5.5 mm or less as actual measurement value.

There is a possibility of bad accuracy caused by the procedure for fitting in the screen when customers memorizes the different positions.

As a precaution, when you fit the display position to the screen, you should avoid moving the lens shift in the opposite direction.
Please refer to the attached file named “Epson PC 4040-6040UB HC 5040UB-5040UBe Lens shift position memory.pdf" for a better explanation, and try to use this method when setting lens memory positions.

If you move the lens shift "step by step" to opposite direction for fine-tuning, the moving amount will not be counted correctly by sensor. As a result, a memorized position will be shifted from target, and the bad accuracy of recalled position occurs.
This is caused by a factor coming from the mechanical structure and the position monitoring method by sensor.

Unfortunately, SEC hasn't been able to find a better solution for accuracy improvement.

Thank you again for your patience in this matter.
We hope this helps!

Good research
Whoever the author is that translated the diagrams does not appear to use english as his native language but the premise shows why some of us have no "error" in our memory settings where others do. I know that my "micro" adjustments were always over ten increments/steps in any one direction and based on the guidance in this document that theoretically provides a more secure base for the positioning sensor(s)
gene4ht and gnolivos like this.

Epson 5040ub Projector, Elite Screens 120" Saker AUHD, Yamaha RX-A3060, B&W Speakers: Signature 7's, FMP4, CWM7.5s, CCM65s, Rythmik 15" CI Sub, 30' Monoprice Cabernet Ultra CL2, Tiara CI-Pro Series In-wall wiring, Phillips BDP7501 UHD BD Player, Niles 1230 WHA Amp, Xbox, WiiU, TiVo Premiere
post #4186 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by john barlow View Post
Hey, maybe you could illuminate me with the purpose of the HDFury. Why I would want or need one. I am interested in making sure I have everything I need to finish my theater upgrade which has been underway since April.
Disclaimer: I'm far from being an SME on the technical side of these discussions but will attempt a simple layman's explanation. HDR and BT2020 are features/standards that offer a better range of color, brightness, and contrast. Among other requirements, a display device must be capable of a minimum level of brightness (some order of nits) in order to fully take advantage of HDR's benefits. Currently there are many flat panel displays that produce the necessary brightness whereas most projectors fall short and project a dark image...unacceptable to many viewers. A common solution for some is to turn off HDR at the source device. However, removing HDR also results in the removal of BT2020...which is the wider range color space. The end result is SDR and the rec 709 color space (less wide color space) remains. IMO and some others, SDR and rec 709 produce a very good image...not as good as HDR and BT2020 but never the less very good. This is where the HD Fury enters the picture (no pun intended). This device will remove HDR but not BT2020...in essence retaining the more desirable wider color gamut. For those who desire the wider color space, the HD Fury offers a solution. News Flash! I believe you have an Oppo 103. If you are contemplating an upgrade to the 203, it's been confirmed that the 203 can strip HDR and retain BT2020. Those who have a greater level of understanding, please provide further input if I have misspoken. Hope this has been helpful.

Note: To my understanding, these are interim solutions to improve the dark HDR image. We currently have expectations that Epson will provide an HDR contrast adjustment capability perhaps via firmware. Also, because this is a characteristic of most current projectors, it may be that a better solution won't occur until brighter PJ's become available.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203

Last edited by gene4ht; 12-14-2016 at 08:44 PM.
post #4187 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 08:45 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giberson View Post
The Oppo 203 is very nice. I have a model 95 in a 2 channel audio only system that has been perfect. I performed a quick setup on the 203 and the unit rocks. Played some of Lucy and feel this is the best the 5040 has ever looked. I have a Roku Ultra I pass through the Oppo HDMI in port that works as expected. No streaming apps on the 203. Unfortunatley, HDR doesn't pass through the HDMI port but image quality is very good. Oppo indicated that there may be a firmware upgrade to address HDR through the HDMI in port but made no promises. It was basically a plug and play affair with the Oppo. Seems the 5040 likes it. I know very little about Chroma Subsampling but found the following link helpful explaining how it works. Hope this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JYZDnenaGc
Thanks for the link. Looks like it will be very informative. I'm curious if you were able to display a 4k HDR image while playing Lucy or any other 4k HDR blu-ray? Also, have you tried the HDR to SDR conversion?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Epson 5040ub
Integra DRX-3
B&W all around
XBone One S, PS4, WII U
Da Lite 110 inch fixed screen
Near Bat Cave
post #4188 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBadden View Post
Thanks for the link. Looks like it will be very informative. I'm curious if you were able to display a 4k HDR image while playing Lucy or any other 4k HDR blu-ray? Also, have you tried the HDR to SDR conversion?

All 4K HDR discs I have tried have played successfully with the 5040 showing 4K and HDR. I still need to force HDR1 mode from the default HDR2 setting the projector assigns. This after my recent firmware upgrade to 1.08/1.04 from 1.05/1.04.

Here are two photos. The first is 4k with HDR enabled on the 203 and the 5040 set on HDR1. The second photo is with HDR disabled on the 203 and the 5040 dynamic range set on "auto".

Color saturation with HDR is higher but not, in my opinion, necessarily better. The image is a bit dimmer with HDR enabled. Frankly, I prefer the look with HDR disabled. Color depth is 8 bit 4:4:4 and color format is BT.709 SDR with HDR off. Color depth is 8 bit 4:4:4 and color format is BT2020 HDR2 with HDR enabled though the projector's dynamic range is set on HDR1.

Though the HDR enabled image appears darker, viewing the sky at about the 10:00 position of the image between the buildings shows a brighter sky. Perhaps with some tweaking, the HDR image could prove better overall than non HDR.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0517.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	1830761   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1830769  
gene4ht, Oledurt, Adrienn and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Don Giberson; 12-14-2016 at 10:07 PM. Reason: adding photos
post #4189 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 09:46 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
All 4K HDR discs I have tried have played successfully with the 5040 showing 4K and HDR. I still need to force HDR1 mode from the default HDR2 setting the projector assigns. This after my recent firmware upgrade to 1.08/1.04 from 1.05/1.04.

I have not tried HDR to SDR yet.
Awesome that you're getting 4k HDR! You have the 5040ub, right? From one of your earlier posts, you had described being "underwhelmed" by the 5040. Does having a compatible source in the Oppo 203 alter your perception of the 5040?

Epson 5040ub
Integra DRX-3
B&W all around
XBone One S, PS4, WII U
Da Lite 110 inch fixed screen
Near Bat Cave
post #4190 of 18082 Old 12-14-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBadden View Post
Awesome that you're getting 4k HDR! You have the 5040ub, right? From one of your earlier posts, you had described being "underwhelmed" by the 5040. Does having a compatible source in the Oppo 203 alter your perception of the 5040?

I am pleased with the projector, mostly by the factory support. I hold confidence Epson will take care of their customers and now better understand the challenges of designing a device before standards have been finalized. If there is an appreciative improvement with native 4K projectors in the future, I always have the option to upgrade.

Please read my previous post as I experimented toggling HDR on and off on both the 203 and projector and posted a couple pictures.
McBadden likes this.

Last edited by Don Giberson; 12-14-2016 at 09:54 PM. Reason: wrong info
post #4191 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 04:13 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

Here are two photos. The first is 4k with HDR enabled on the 203 and the 5040 set on HDR1. The second photo is with HDR disabled on the 203 and the 5040 dynamic range set on "auto".

Color saturation with HDR is higher but not, in my opinion, necessarily better. The image is a bit dimmer with HDR enabled. Frankly, I prefer the look with HDR disabled. Color depth is 8 bit 4:4:4 and color format is BT.709 SDR with HDR off. Color depth is 8 bit 4:4:4 and color format is BT2020 HDR2 with HDR enabled though the projector's dynamic range is set on HDR1.

Though the HDR enabled image appears darker, viewing the sky at about the 10:00 position of the image between the buildings shows a brighter sky. Perhaps with some tweaking, the HDR image could prove better overall than non HDR.

thank u for the feedback, did u try the same screenshot with HDR stripped? ( SDR BT2020)
post #4192 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Watched Deadpool 4k with the following.
Oppo 203 with Stripped HDR Metadata rec2020 + Epson tw9300 set to Digital Cinema + Preset 3 (sdr)

Found it not bad for standard setting selections. But Deadpool is a hard movie to get right with hdr on projectors
post #4193 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 07:38 AM
exm
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
The Oppo 203 is very nice. I have a model 95 in a 2 channel audio only system that has been perfect. I performed a quick setup on the 203 and the unit rocks. Played some of Lucy and feel this is the best the 5040 has ever looked. I have a Roku Ultra I pass through the Oppo HDMI in port that works as expected. No streaming apps on the 203. Unfortunatley, HDR doesn't pass through the HDMI port but image quality is very good. Oppo indicated that there may be a firmware upgrade to address HDR through the HDMI in port but made no promises. It was basically a plug and play affair with the Oppo. Seems the 5040 likes it. I know very little about Chroma Subsampling but found the following link helpful explaining how it works. Hope this helps.
Don't you have a 4K receiver/pre? Why have the Roku pass-through the Oppo if you lose HDR?
post #4194 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I wanted to open up the 5040UBe and just test it out before putting up the screen and mounting and all that. just moved the tv outta the way and through on the wall. I was blown away by the picture quality straight out of the box. Played some Titanfall 2 and got a little dizzy, watched some youtube videos and was more impressed.

Can't wait to get everything finished.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20161214_203359.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	1831417  
ayrton, rupedogg24 and Adrienn like this.

Epson 5040UBe, 120" Black Diamond Zero Edge 7 Screen 1.4 gain with LEDs
Marantz SR6011 Reciever, Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, Nvidia Shield,BDI Ola 8137 stand, Logitech Harmony One Remote with Alexa,
Klipsch Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 surround sound
post #4195 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Don't you have a 4K receiver/pre? Why have the Roku pass-through the Oppo if you lose HDR?
I don't have a 4K prepro. Older legacy stuff.
post #4196 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ana_moo_ana View Post
thank u for the feedback, did u try the same screenshot with HDR stripped? ( SDR BT2020)
Not sure how to strip HDR and maintain BT2020. Would like to try it.
post #4197 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Not sure how to strip HDR and maintain BT2020. Would like to try it.
On the 203 in the HDR settings use the Strip Metadata and it should maintain BT2020.
203 - HDR [ Auto | On | Off | Strip Metadata ]
gene4ht likes this.

My Theater Build: The Underground Apolkalypse Theater
Marantz SR7010, Monolith 7 Amplifier, Pro-Ject - Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Epson 5040ub, Oppo UHD-203 Player, Xbox One, nVidia Shield
Atmos 7.3.4 - Polk 2x RTiA9, CSiA6, 2x FXiA6, 2x RTIA3, 4x 70-RT
PowerSoundAudio XS30, Sunfire 2x - HRS-12 12" Subwoofers
post #4198 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siuengr View Post
On the 203 in the HDR settings use the Strip Metadata and it should maintain BT2020.
Thanks, I found it. Pics are self explanatory. Difference is very subtle.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0521.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1831929   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0522.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	1831937  

Last edited by Don Giberson; 12-15-2016 at 10:53 AM. Reason: wrong attachments
post #4199 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Thanks, I found it. Pics are self explanatory.
Did you notice any difference between SDR and Stripped? Can you add the third image to your previous post to compare all three?

I have a 203 on the way, so I'm hoping for good things from it with this projector.

My Theater Build: The Underground Apolkalypse Theater
Marantz SR7010, Monolith 7 Amplifier, Pro-Ject - Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Epson 5040ub, Oppo UHD-203 Player, Xbox One, nVidia Shield
Atmos 7.3.4 - Polk 2x RTiA9, CSiA6, 2x FXiA6, 2x RTIA3, 4x 70-RT
PowerSoundAudio XS30, Sunfire 2x - HRS-12 12" Subwoofers
post #4200 of 18082 Old 12-15-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Did you notice any difference between SDR and Stripped? Can you add the third image to your previous post to compare all three?

I have a 203 on the way, so I'm hoping for good things from it with this projector.
I edited my previous post to include SDR vs. Stripped images. Difference is very subtle.

The player kept timing out of paused mode before I could change to HDR. Stripped is my favorite for the couple discs I have tried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5040ub power , atmos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page