Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread - Page 144 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26899Likes

post #4291 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1970 Post(s)
Liked: 2659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
LOL, thanks.
It's so humbling though, because I have been doing this stuff for so long, I can set up new displays, avrs, players, etc...
without even looking at the manual 99% of the time. All my family and friends come to me when they have questions or issues with their gear, but now I am way late to the game on this 3D stuff, so it's like a fish out of water experience until I can get this stuff figured out.
Haha....same here...just call me Smarty-pants jr.
Smarty-pants likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4292 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 292
lol ! Those 3D movies like Coraline used analgyph glasses. They require those colored cheap glasses and look terrible. What you want is the newer 3D movies that state Bluray3d on the cover. Completely different technologies.
gene4ht likes this.

Setup: Epson 5040 UB, 110" SilverTicket AT screen, PS3 bluray, Yamaha RX-V673 AVR, Polk and Athena speakers, Batcave room.
The Moderno Theatre! Slideshow (here!)
Pixar screenplay slideshows here!
post #4293 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Pro tip: To focus, Click on the Pattern button to display pattern on screen. The pattern is displayed with 4K enhancement OFF, and the individual pixels are distinguishable this way, making it so much easier to perfectly focus.
gene4ht, blackbelt, ayrton and 4 others like this.

Setup: Epson 5040 UB, 110" SilverTicket AT screen, PS3 bluray, Yamaha RX-V673 AVR, Polk and Athena speakers, Batcave room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4294 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is the Panasonic UB900 or 700 a good combi with this projector for UHD blurays?
I don't want to pay 600€ more for an Oppo.

Will I get HDR with the Pana, and no banding?
post #4295 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 54
HDFury Linker XBox One S experience

I just got the HDFury Linker and started to play with it a bit together with the XBox One S and the 6040ube. I am not there yet but i would like to share what I have experienced so far. If someone is interested I took some screeshots of the projector and linker info and posted them on a German forum. Screenshots are also in German but you will get the point. HIFI-Forum link

Outcome so far:
1. Xbox shows full compatibility to 4k and HDR content with the linker directly connected to the wireless box (I got a receiver in between but its set to not upscale)
2. no HDR with the game I tested (FF15). HDR is not even sent from the XBox but from what I have read FF15 should be in HDR
3. there is something strange going on having BT709 as input and BT2020 as output from the linker. That sounds to me kinda impossible beside "faking" the signal to BT2020 even though the color space is still BT709
3. Both games and Netflix are 8bit. This was to be expected since the projector is limited to 8bit with 60Hz. Interesting to see is that even if 10/12 bit is sent to the projector it seems to "downscale" it to 8bit but plays well. In other words the bandwidth of the wireless connection can't be the limiting factor since the 10/12bit get transmitted (or the wireless box is already downscaling it but I doubt that). It's the HDMI chip itself or better Epson who restricted it to 8bit at 60Hz. At least the wireless chip was reported to be able to handle 10/12bit at 60Hz.
4. With Netflix I get BT2020 and HDR2. I am just curios if this even makes sense at 8bit

I am going to play more around with the Linker settings and I did no projector calibration at all with the linker in between so far. But not looking at the numbers and just from the first look with linker but without calibration it did not look impressive at all (or even worse) with 8bit even with BT2020 and HDR. It comes all back to streaming like Netflix UHD content and gaming is in 60Hz and thats limited to 8bit by the projector

NoTechi
bezlar likes this.
post #4296 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_donkey View Post
Is the Panasonic UB900 or 700 a good combi with this projector for UHD blurays?
I don't want to pay 600€ more for an Oppo.

Will I get HDR with the Pana, and no banding?
You don't even have to spend the $'s for either of the pannys as the Phillips is available for around $150 and delivers 4K HDR on UHD titles. It doesn't "strip" the HDR header information like the Oppo 203 can do but it's also a fraction of the cost. I think the 203 also has an issue with red-push when stripping HDR making it essentially useless for that function until Oppo corrects it. You will have to change the HDR on the 5040 to HDR1 instead of HDR2 but that's prety much it unless you want to fine tune the other projector settings as others have outlined here.
covsound1 likes this.

Epson 5040ub Projector, Elite Screens 120" Saker AUHD, Yamaha RX-A3060, B&W Speakers: Signature 7's, FMP4, CWM7.5s, CCM65s, Rythmik 15" CI Sub, 30' Monoprice Cabernet Ultra CL2, Tiara CI-Pro Series In-wall wiring, Phillips BDP7501 UHD BD Player, Niles 1230 WHA Amp, Xbox, WiiU, TiVo Premiere
post #4297 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
LOL, thanks.

It's so humbling though, because I have been doing this stuff for so long, I can set up new displays, avrs, players, etc...

without even looking at the manual 99% of the time. All my family and friends come to me when they have questions or issues with their gear, but now I am way late to the game on this 3D stuff, so it's like a fish out of water experience until I can get this stuff figured out.

Appreciate the info on the 3D glasses as I'm looking at returning the Samsung 5150 for these or the Xpand 3D glasses. Don't really care for the Samsung's.

Separate question for you re: Oppo 203 with 5040. I noticed you were a beta tester and posted about your experience with HDR stripping. I'm guessing you've seen recent posts in the Oppo thread about this where it may not actually be passing WCG 2020 but instead just passing 709. Interested in your recent thoughts on this based on your experiences. Do you still notice a difference? Is it still very good? Do you let Oppo handle the conversion or the pj? What about impressions I'm general with the 5040?

My 203 should arrive on Wed. I've never had an Oppo (use PS4 currently) and have never seen a 4k disc on this pj yet - just upscaled Blu-ray. I have a 110" 2.35 screen and love the picture I get currently (basic cal via S&M, not professional). I'd be interested in what settings you are using with the 203 (I.e Auto, Direct, 4:4:4, 4:2:2, etc).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Check out my HT & Movie collection @ http://www.blu-ray.com/community/profile.php?u=379734

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #4298 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
Pro tip: To focus, Click on the Pattern button to display pattern on screen. The pattern is displayed with 4K enhancement OFF, and the individual pixels are distinguishable this way, making it so much easier to perfectly focus.
Gonna give this a try.
gnolivos likes this.
post #4299 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Like most of you, I'm looking for the best combination of performance, quality, fit/comfort, and price. Anxiously awaiting findings and impressions from you guys before pulling the trigger.
I posted my comparisons of 4 sets of 3D glasses here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/194-3d...l#post49131769

Just sharing here as my projector is also the 5040 and glasses came up a bunch recently.
gene4ht and dvdwilly3 like this.

AVR | Yamaha RX-A3050 // Projection | Epson 5040UB // Speakers | Fluance XL series (7) SVS Subs (.2) Origin C62 (.4)
post #4300 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 10:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirithockey79 View Post
Appreciate the info on the 3D glasses as I'm looking at returning the Samsung 5150 for these or the Xpand 3D glasses. Don't really care for the Samsung's.

Separate question for you re: Oppo 203 with 5040. I noticed you were a beta tester and posted about your experience with HDR stripping. I'm guessing you've seen recent posts in the Oppo thread about this where it may not actually be passing WCG 2020 but instead just passing 709. Interested in your recent thoughts on this based on your experiences. Do you still notice a difference? Is it still very good? Do you let Oppo handle the conversion or the pj? What about impressions I'm general with the 5040?

My 203 should arrive on Wed. I've never had an Oppo (use PS4 currently) and have never seen a 4k disc on this pj yet - just upscaled Blu-ray. I have a 110" 2.35 screen and love the picture I get currently (basic cal via S&M, not professional). I'd be interested in what settings you are using with the 203 (I.e Auto, Direct, 4:4:4, 4:2:2, etc).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Most of those questions can be a mixed bag of nuts because you can go in different directions with different things.
I haven't really played much with Strip Metadata feature of the 203 lately, but...
I know it works and is also still a work in progress. I don't really see any major red push going to the 5040,
but this could have changed in the last few fw revisions, I'm not really sure.
I truly have confidence that Oppo will get it sorted out soon. You can be the judge for yourself when you get it and try it out.
(I don't think the bt2020 flag is false though. That is just people talking out of the wrong end of their body.)

Generally I let Oppo do the heavy lifting with upscaling, but again this can be tricky since the 5040 will be doing
conversion no matter what since it's not true 4K. I would try things both ways in your own setup and see what you like better.
Different ways of sending standard Blu-ray content would be Source Direct, or different iteration of Deep Color and Color Space along
with Custom 1080p, or scale it to 4K. Both Oppo and Epson have great scaling so one really isn't better than the other.
At one time, I think I thought sending Blu-ray at 1080p to the Epson looked better, but that is no official statement.
However for UHD Blu-ray I pretty much just send Source Direct.

One good thing about the Oppo is that the AUTO settings are very good. You can't really go wrong using them.
Since the Epson is limited on what it can accept, the Oppo receives the proper metadata for the Epson and sends the proper signals.
You will love what UHD looks like with the Epson. The darkness of HDR can be calibrated somewhat,
but try it with and without and decide for yourself.
Personally I tend to watch bright UHD content WITH HDR and darker movies WITHOUT HDR.
With the way I do stuff, and testing things and whatnot, I am always changing stuff, so my settings are a bit of a moving target.
post #4301 of 17694 Old 12-19-2016, 11:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
I'm on the fence right now on upgrading my Benq W1070. I'm in a living room projecting on a 100" elite screens electric 1.1 gain.

I like the epson 5040 a lot and the Sony 45. I'm looking for a better picture overall over the Benq. Our viewing is mostly at night for full light control but white walls. Please help!
You will get a drastic upgrade in picture quality with the Epson. I had the W1070 as well and was hesitant on the Epson because I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. But after a few minutes with the Epson, I knew I couldn't go back. You will notice the difference in brightness and clarity. I can actually watch Directv with lights on, whereas before it would have to be somewhat dim with the W1070. The colors pop and the 1080p blu rays look incredible upscaled. 4K blu rays obviously look the best, my favorite so far is X-men: Apocalypse. I watched a few 3D blu rays as well and it is simply impressive. Anyway, I've posted some pics in this forum. (I may have even posted some comparison pics with the BenQ.) My suggestion is to get off the fence and get the Epson. (Sorry, I can't comment on the Sony.)
bluer101 and rupedogg24 like this.

Samsung 75Q9FN
Hsu VTF-15H MK2
Ascend Acoustics 340 & 170
Denon X2300W
Panasonic UB820 + Nvidia Shield + Apple TV 4K
post #4302 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33 View Post
You will get a drastic upgrade in picture quality with the Epson. I had the W1070 as well and was hesitant on the Epson because I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. But after a few minutes with the Epson, I knew I couldn't go back. You will notice the difference in brightness and clarity. I can actually watch Directv with lights on, whereas before it would have to be somewhat dim with the W1070. The colors pop and the 1080p blu rays look incredible upscaled. 4K blu rays obviously look the best, my favorite so far is X-men: Apocalypse. I watched a few 3D blu rays as well and it is simply impressive. Anyway, I've posted some pics in this forum. (I may have even posted some comparison pics with the BenQ.) My suggestion is to get off the fence and get the Epson. (Sorry, I can't comment on the Sony.)
Thank you for the advice. I'm going to look back to see if I can find some pictures.

The main drawback is the price of course. But if it's really that good then I might make the jump. Also for the lens memory for my next AT 2.35 screen.
post #4303 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread

Maybe I've just gotten used to this projector, but I'm now finding 24p content motion way more acceptable. What gives. Huh?

Also I upgraded from PS3 to PS4pro recently. Don't think that has anything to do with it. But who knows.

post #4304 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I must say, I have not done any drastic color adjustments, but I am really enjoying the picture quality on this projector. I am using a 110" ALR screen (material purchased from Carl's Place). All I did was set the color to Cinema mode and bulb brightness on Eco. Contrast and overall brightness are great. Image sharpness are outstanding. I have not been able to test 4K or HDR capabilities yet as I don't have a capable player or AVR yet.

If I had to complain about something, I do see some minor banding on streaming sources (e.g. FireTV, both content and menus) and I have noted some minor, intermittent motion jumpiness on Blu-Ray movies. Otherwise, looks beautiful!
post #4305 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone tried the Roku Ultra and been able to get 4K HDR working on Netflix or VUDU? Was wanting to get one for my 5040 but want to make sure it will work
post #4306 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
You don't even have to spend the $'s for either of the pannys as the Phillips is available for around and delivers 4K HDR on UHD titles. It doesn't "strip" the HDR header information like the Oppo 203 can do but it's also a fraction of the cost. I think the 203 also has an issue with red-push when stripping HDR making it essentially useless for that function until Oppo corrects it. You will have to change the HDR on the 5040 to HDR1 instead of HDR2 but that's prety much it unless you want to fine tune the other projector settings as others have outlined here.
Thanks for the reply
Problem is that for some weird reason the Philips uhd player is not available in europe, or I can't find it.
So its samsung, Panasonic or Oppo.

Seems the Panasonic outputs uhd bluray only in 4:4:4 12bit so I think I will have problems playing UHD with hdr on the epson or am I wrong?
post #4307 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_donkey View Post
Thanks for the reply
Problem is that for some weird reason the Philips uhd player is not available in europe, or I can't find it.
So its samsung, Panasonic or Oppo.

Seems the Panasonic outputs uhd bluray only in 4:4:4 12bit so I think I will have problems playing UHD with hdr on the epson or am I wrong?
AH, I don't think we knew your location as it's not displayed in your profile or avatar signature so no issue there. The Pana and Samsungs are your only options. The Samssung with old fimrware will need to be updated to the latest frimware in order for it to be used so if you do buy one of those (likely around 150-200GBP) then make CERTAIN you update the firmware before using it.

Others have stated here in this thread or the other 5040 thread that the Panny's output is not an issue as the projector then converts the 12 4:4:4 to 10-bit 4:2:2 (I think) which IS a valid format for the Epson. Of course, this is all in the 24Hz range as ALL the dedicated UHD players conform to that signal. Ignore any members who may try to take this conversation into the 60Hz realm as it is not applicable to the UHD players themselves but is rather, an issue realated to the individual streaming options which are more controlled by the providers of those streaming services than they are the formatting of the UHD disk content itself. Hope this helps!

Epson 5040ub Projector, Elite Screens 120" Saker AUHD, Yamaha RX-A3060, B&W Speakers: Signature 7's, FMP4, CWM7.5s, CCM65s, Rythmik 15" CI Sub, 30' Monoprice Cabernet Ultra CL2, Tiara CI-Pro Series In-wall wiring, Phillips BDP7501 UHD BD Player, Niles 1230 WHA Amp, Xbox, WiiU, TiVo Premiere
post #4308 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTechi View Post
I just got the HDFury Linker and started to play with it a bit together with the XBox One S and the 6040ube. I am not there yet but i would like to share what I have experienced so far. If someone is interested I took some screeshots of the projector and linker info and posted them on a German forum. Screenshots are also in German but you will get the point. HIFI-Forum link

Outcome so far:
1. Xbox shows full compatibility to 4k and HDR content with the linker directly connected to the wireless box (I got a receiver in between but its set to not upscale)
2. no HDR with the game I tested (FF15). HDR is not even sent from the XBox but from what I have read FF15 should be in HDR
3. there is something strange going on having BT709 as input and BT2020 as output from the linker. That sounds to me kinda impossible beside "faking" the signal to BT2020 even though the color space is still BT709
3. Both games and Netflix are 8bit. This was to be expected since the projector is limited to 8bit with 60Hz. Interesting to see is that even if 10/12 bit is sent to the projector it seems to "downscale" it to 8bit but plays well. In other words the bandwidth of the wireless connection can't be the limiting factor since the 10/12bit get transmitted (or the wireless box is already downscaling it but I doubt that). It's the HDMI chip itself or better Epson who restricted it to 8bit at 60Hz. At least the wireless chip was reported to be able to handle 10/12bit at 60Hz.
4. With Netflix I get BT2020 and HDR2. I am just curios if this even makes sense at 8bit

I am going to play more around with the Linker settings and I did no projector calibration at all with the linker in between so far. But not looking at the numbers and just from the first look with linker but without calibration it did not look impressive at all (or even worse) with 8bit even with BT2020 and HDR. It comes all back to streaming like Netflix UHD content and gaming is in 60Hz and thats limited to 8bit by the projector

NoTechi

Thank you for all of your work on this.
I have the UBe and was planning on one day getting the HDLinker Fury if it helps. I've been waiting for others to give it a try and do all the hard stuff in advance.
post #4309 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Perhaps someone has had the same problem and can help me with this. When I stream 1080p content from my Roku 4 (via Vudu or Netflix) to my 5040, the picture is jittery. And it's not the internet because we have ultra high speed and when I stream 4k to the projector from Netflix it looks terrific. Do I have something set wrong?
post #4310 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 35
5040ub locks up

Hey everyone.

Recent upgrade from a Optoma HD25-LV to the Epson 5040UB. What a difference! The picture is not only brighter, but way more punchier colors and the detail improvement is amazing.

Anyway, ran into an issue last night that I am able to replicate every time. I stored 3 different custom settings/modes on the projector. One using Bright Cinema, one using Digital Cinema, and one using Neutral. Basically the projector locks up, doesn't throw an image, and is unresponsive whenever i try to use the Neutral mode, or when i switch away from the neutral mode. the only thing "special" about my Neutral setting is the iris is closed down to -10. just putting it here to see if anybody else can replicate this issue or if its limited to mine.

post #4311 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighernan View Post
Hey everyone.

Recent upgrade from a Optoma HD25-LV to the Epson 5040UB. What a difference! The picture is not only brighter, but way more punchier colors and the detail improvement is amazing.

Anyway, ran into an issue last night that I am able to replicate every time. I stored 3 different custom settings/modes on the projector. One using Bright Cinema, one using Digital Cinema, and one using Neutral. Basically the projector locks up, doesn't throw an image, and is unresponsive whenever i try to use the Neutral mode, or when i switch away from the neutral mode. the only thing "special" about my Neutral setting is the iris is closed down to -10. just putting it here to see if anybody else can replicate this issue or if its limited to mine.

https://youtu.be/GUq18maMFzE
I believe that your issue is related to memory settings rather than the neutral mode itself and others have run into this so... search this and the other 5040 thread to find others who had similar issues. You can simply type in a logical phrase like "lock up" and find a large number of posts related to 5040s locking up. Hope this helps.

post #4312 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hey everyone.

https://youtu.be/GUq18maMFzE

Known major issue. I reported this one first. Do you have latest Epson firmware? They claim to have fixed it. I upgraded and it seems to have fixed it for me. One other member here however claims to continue having issues.

If you upgraded and still have lock ups PLEASE CALL EPSON SUPPORT ASAP. This is a number one priority issue for them and would likely want to hear your particular story and setup.
Adrienn likes this.

post #4313 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
Known major issue. I reported this one first. Do you have latest Epson firmware? They claim to have fixed it. I upgraded and it seems to have fixed it for me. One other member here however claims to continue having issues.

If you upgraded and still have lock ups PLEASE CALL EPSON SUPPORT ASAP. This is a number one priority issue for them and would likely want to hear your particular story and setup.
gnolivos thanks for the note. I tried to search for it and couldn't find anything but this thread is a bit long and admit to skipping a few pages here and there as i read through it.

Anyway, will try to upgrade firmware when i get home tonight and will let you know if it solves it. if not, Ill be sure to contact epson.
gnolivos likes this.
post #4314 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:
gnolivos thanks for the note. I tried to search for it and couldn't find anything but this thread is a bit long and admit to skipping a few pages here and there as i read through it.

Anyway, will try to upgrade firmware when i get home tonight and will let you know if it solves it. if not, Ill be sure to contact Epson.
CORRECTION--this WAS the solution. I just tried the link and it is dead. You will have to contact Epson. They only seem to leave the updates up fpr a limited amount of time...sorry. At least you can reference the update file...

This was the resolution for me and at least some others...you are looking for the update binary ending in ".104"...

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked: 259
For those who may have this issue...

I got an email yesterday from R. Marquez at Epson with a link to the firmware update.

http://download2.ebz.epson.net/dsc/v..._t5108_104.bin

I went to the web page and downloaded the .bin file, copied it to USB, and installed it.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...-profiles.html

Atmos Dolby 7.2.4; Epson 6040UB; Panasonic UB820; TiVo Roamio; Roku Stick+

Last edited by dvdwilly3; 12-20-2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Error
post #4315 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1970 Post(s)
Liked: 2659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecchino View Post
I posted my comparisons of 4 sets of 3D glasses here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/194-3d...l#post49131769

Just sharing here as my projector is also the 5040 and glasses came up a bunch recently.
Excellent, thorough, and helpful review! Thanks!
ndabunka and Adrienn like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #4316 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anyone else get a slight hum when viewing 4K content at 60hz? Noticed with my gaming PC at 4K 60hz.
post #4317 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Anyway, will try to upgrade firmware when i get home tonight and will let you know if it solves it. if not, Ill be sure to contact epson.
You do not have to search that way (page by page). There is a SEARCH utility/application at the top right hand corner of this thread that says "SEARCH THIS THREAD". Click on that and enter the words..
LOCK UP

the search feature will then show you ONLY the POSTS in this thread that have those EXACT words in it. That ways you can read only those post and not have to search through EVERY post in here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1844617  
gene4ht and Adrienn like this.

Last edited by ndabunka; 12-20-2016 at 05:45 PM.
post #4318 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Hey guys,

I'm very interested in the 6040 but it looks like there are currently only two places to buy it online. Why is this? Is it because it's aimed at the custom install market? Will it become more popular?

Video: JVC RS540 w/Anamorphic Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
Theater Pics / Desktop
post #4319 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKNice View Post
Hey guys,

I'm very interested in the 6040 but it looks like there are currently only two places to buy it online. Why is this? Is it because it's aimed at the custom install market? Will it become more popular?
The 6040ub is designated as a model that can be calibrated so it is typically only sold by higher end retailers who posses such abilities rather than by "box mover" websites. However, there are a number of vendors here on this forum that can sell you one and can help put you in touch with qualified individuals capable of providing calibration services should you desire

post #4320 of 17694 Old 12-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
The 6040ub is designated as a model that can be calibrated so it is typically only sold by higher end retailers who posses such abilities rather than by "box mover" websites. However, there are a number of vendors here on this forum that can sell you one and can help put you in touch with qualified individuals capable of providing calibration services should you desire
thanks ndabunka. I'm not looking to buy until a bonus comes in march, so I've got time. Definitely got to have the black and I like the idea that it comes with a mount. My current mount has some shortcomings. Would you say the 6040 comes calibrated the same out of box as the 5040 and it's as friendly for user calibrations? I'm not likely to get it professionally calibrated unless it's really necessary.

Video: JVC RS540 w/Anamorphic Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
Theater Pics / Desktop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5040ub power , atmos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page