Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread - Page 268 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26871Likes

post #8011 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1874 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan201 View Post
Damn takes me right to it. You'll have to use a computer or laptop for it to work. Phone app may not work right, but anyway here is the post number :

post #7689 of 8011
Thanks.
I am using computer. But it happens to me always. Direct link does not work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8012 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
Thanks.
I am using computer. But it happens to me always. Direct link does not work.
Excited to find out if you like these settings as much as I do. I've been using these settings for almost all my UHD discs and find that the color and brightness is fantastic as well as not having to run the lamp on High for decent picture. Keep in mind I'm using a Cinegrey 5D screen 105" at 12 feet and I believe its .8 gain.

CURRENT SETUP:
Sony X940E / Denon AVR-S730h /
NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2017 / PANASONIC UB820 UHD PLAYER / MAudio BX8a front mains / Klipsch R‑15PM rear left/right / Emotiva C1 center / Polk Audio OWM3 height left/right.
post #8013 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by panman40 View Post
Sounds like typical UHP lamp flicker to me, mine had the same except I had a regular high fan with no pic start up which was annoying, when it did the high fan thing it was accompanied sometimes with the led warning lamp light . I told Epson and they were positive it wasn't a faulty lamp, I left it a week or so then emailed them, a really helpful chap replied to say they were sending me a new lamp and lo and behold I haven't had the 'high fan start up issue since and there's only slight lamp flicker for a few minutes warm up time. I try and use medium lamp now and again to keep the lamp in better shape now.

Thanks I will watch it tonight and see if I see it on start up. It has only coughs my eye the last week. Do you know what the lamp warranty it? I bought the projector in Feb it has 450-500 hrs on it.

Thanks
Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8014 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADH View Post
Thanks I will watch it tonight and see if I see it on start up. It has only coughs my eye the last week. Do you know what the lamp warranty it? I bought the projector in Feb it has 450-500 hrs on it.

Thanks
Brad

You should be well covered under warranty, it's slightly different here in the UK, our TW9300 has a 5 yr warranty for unit and lamp.

I woukd definately try for a new lamp first, you could try running it for an hour in high lamp but I suspect it won't last when you go back to Eco.
post #8015 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
I know a lot of people have been disliking 3d on this PJ, but Avatar, Titanic, and Journey To Space have looked AMAZING for me so far. Maybe its the glasses I'm using, but even High 3D Brightness looks amazing on Titanic and JTS. For avatar I brought it down to Medium 3D brightness. Titanic may be my favorite so far.

With this projector, it's the glasses, it's disc dependent and it's also your settings. I find for the most part that 3D is excellent with the Epson 5040. There are exceptions and learning to adjust settings on the fly really helps out in those infrequent occasions, for me.
jladner likes this.
post #8016 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
awesome, looks like a nice player

I am a satisfied Oppo 203 owner and the more I hear or read about the new Sony UHD player, the more I'd like to pick one up as a back up or second player. Priced affordably enough to make it real.
post #8017 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You should be well covered under warranty, it's slightly different here in the UK, our TW9300 has a 5 yr warranty for unit and lamp.

I woukd definately try for a new lamp first, you could try running it for an hour in high lamp but I suspect it won't last when you go back to Eco.

When I had my Samsung sp-a 900 I could count on about 1500 hrs in low lamp mode before it got to dim. Then I replaced the bulb. This is the first time I have seen lamp flicker.
So are you saying running the lamp in eco can cause this or I just have a bad lamp? I have the spare that came with the projector I could try it.

When I explained the problem to the Epson tech he said because it doesn't do it in the other modes it was a projector problem not a lamp problem.

What did you say to get a new lamp when you talked with them.

Thanks
Brad

post #8018 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALadder22FF View Post
Count me in as a more than satisfied user of the Harpervision Experience.

At first I didn't know what I was doing wrong as I copied the settings exactly and popped in a 4k nature disc and it looked way oversatured and not good at all. Found out that his was because this particular disc wasn't sending an HDR signal, only 4k.

I gave it another shot on Pacific Rim 4K with HDR last night. Absolutely blown away by the incredible color, deep blacks and stunning overall color. Lately I've been focusing on the 7.1 Klipsch surround I have and enjoying that, but honestly this image took the cake last night. (BTW Pacific Rim 7.1 shaking the walls in my living room was truly a spectacle to hear)

After we watched I tried using Digital Cinema vs the Harpervision just to see the difference, and honestly it was like going from HD to SD. I'm enclosing those pics for reference taken with Galaxy S7 Edge.

Finally, Dave, do you have settings for non HDR 4k and/or 1080p/cable settings. I would love to get the most out of these when HDR is not available.

Thank you Dave! and best wishes for your health.

Nice. Is that an elite screen or screen innovations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8019 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1966 Post(s)
Liked: 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by john barlow View Post
With this projector, it's the glasses, it's disc dependent and it's also your settings. I find for the most part that 3D is excellent with the Epson 5040. There are exceptions and learning to adjust settings on the fly really helps out in those infrequent occasions, for me.
My 3D experience and position are very similar...

I'm not a 3D aficionado/enthusiast and only experienced home theater 3D recently as a result of acquiring the 5040. Unexpectedly, I've come to enjoy 3D immensely and have purchased 20+ titles and rented more. Although people who know me will say I'm detail oriented and can be very picky, I have not found the 5040's 3D performance at all objectionable. What little ghosting I've experienced has not diminished my or my family's enjoyment. I will agree that glasses, disc mastering, and settings likely contribute to some of the artifacts. Lastly, I would like to thank members @gnolivos and @Stecchino for their early advice and getting me "kick started."
Stecchino and john barlow like this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #8020 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am a satisfied Oppo 203 owner and the more I hear or read about the new Sony UHD player, the more I'd like to pick one up as a back up or second player. Priced affordably enough to make it real.
John...how have you dealt with HDR performance with the 203? Strip HDR metadata? Forced SDR? Integral? HarperVision? Reportedly, the Panny 900, with it's Dynamic Range Slider does an excellent job of improving PQ for PJs in terms of brightness. I may consider giving it a test drive.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #8021 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
John...how have you dealt with HDR performance with the 203? Strip HDR metadata? Forced SDR? Integral? HarperVision? Reportedly, the Panny 900, with it's Dynamic Range Slider does an excellent job of improving PQ for PJs in terms of brightness. I may consider giving it a test drive.
With UHD discs, I set everything to auto and force HDR from the Epson. Works well for almost all discs. For Roku Ultra, I use an Intregal and use my PC to set 4k60 420 8 bit edid. I will not buy a Panny until the price comes down considerably. The reason I may pick up the Sony is it's affordability.
I like, no, love my Oppo 203.
post #8022 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by k3nnis View Post
Nice. Is that an elite screen or screen innovations?

It is a Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge 1.4 120" screen.

I turned the LEDs off cause my phone takes better pics when the LEDs are off.

Dave for your 'standard' rec 709 settings are those standard in the projector or something you've done?

Just wanted to add my .02 to the 3D discussion. I've only watched a few movies in 3D so far, but Avatar was stunning with the full screen being filled the whole time. It wasn't really pop in your face 3D just gave depth. Gravity was the best looking 3D I've ever seen. It was breath taking watching that movie with the close ups looking like 4K. We also watched Dr. Strange and while the huge action IMAX scenes that filled up the whole screen looked amazing...the normal letterbox darker scenes had some issues. Finally, we rented Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D and it was amazing. It would fill up the whole screen for much of the movie during the big IMAX scenes and top 2 behind Gravity for me. Amazing movie on this projector.

Epson 5040UBe, 120" Black Diamond Zero Edge 7 Screen 1.4 gain with LEDs
Marantz SR6011 Reciever, Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, Nvidia Shield,BDI Ola 8137 stand, Logitech Harmony One Remote with Alexa,
Klipsch Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 surround sound
post #8023 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:

Dave for your 'standard' rec 709 settings are those standard in the projector or something you've done?

Just wanted to add my .02 to the 3D discussion. I've only watched a few movies in 3D so far, but Avatar was stunning with the full screen being filled the whole time. It wasn't really pop in your face 3D just gave depth. Gravity was the best looking 3D I've ever seen. It was breath taking watching that movie with the close ups looking like 4K. We also watched Dr. Strange and while the huge action IMAX scenes that filled up the whole screen looked amazing...the normal letterbox darker scenes had some issues. Finally, we rented Guardians of the Galaxy in 3D and it was amazing. It would fill up the whole screen for much of the movie during the big IMAX scenes and top 2 behind Gravity for me. Amazing movie on this projector.
I recommend Titanic 3d if you liked Avatar. Cameron's movies seam to be great in 3d in general.

CURRENT SETUP:
Sony X940E / Denon AVR-S730h /
NVIDIA SHIELD TV 2017 / PANASONIC UB820 UHD PLAYER / MAudio BX8a front mains / Klipsch R‑15PM rear left/right / Emotiva C1 center / Polk Audio OWM3 height left/right.
post #8024 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Nice. I was thinking to get a zero edge screen like the elite aeon. It's much cheaper but is it anygood? Or just get a normal screen with borders ? It's going into a dedicated theater room but not a big room. What is the advantage of a zero edge screen? And what does the LEDs help with? If I was to get a zero edge screen I was thinking not to have any LED's, will that defeat the purpose?

Thanks,
K.

post #8025 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
With UHD discs, I set everything to auto and force HDR from the Epson. Works well for almost all discs. For Roku Ultra, I use an Intregal and use my PC to set 4k60 420 8 bit edid. I will not buy a Panny until the price comes down considerably. The reason I may pick up the Sony is it's affordability.
I like, no, love my Oppo 203.
Relative to Oppo's stellar reputation and the overall success of the 103, the birthing/teething pains of the 203 were a bit disappointing and unexpected. I have no doubts corrective measures will be forthcoming in short order and the reason I will be keeping the 203. I purchased the Philips 7501 early on for only $129 during a Black Friday special so I have my "back up." It's not as robust as the 203 but its performance has been flawless...impressive given its price point. I also had considered the Integral but never pulled the trigger. Because I am able to source the Panny 900 for less than MSRP, I will likely "road test" the Dynamic Range Slider which has been reported by many to be an excellent solution for the "dark" HDR images on the likes of The Martian, The Revenant, Arrival, etc. If you decide to pick up the Sony, please post your findings/impressions as I would be interested in its performance with "dark" HDR UHD discs. Thanks in advance!

post #8026 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 731 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Relative to Oppo's stellar reputation and the overall success of the 103, the birthing/teething pains of the 203 were a bit disappointing and unexpected. I have no doubts corrective measures will be forthcoming in short order and the reason I will be keeping the 203. I purchased the Philips 7501 early on for only $129 during a Black Friday special so I have my "back up." It's not as robust as the 203 but its performance has been flawless...impressive given its price point. I also had considered the Integral but never pulled the trigger. Because I am able to source the Panny 900 for less than MSRP, I will likely "road test" the Dynamic Range Slider which has been reported by many to be an excellent solution for the "dark" HDR images on the likes of The Martian, The Revenant, Arrival, etc. If you decide to pick up the Sony, please post your findings/impressions as I would be interested in its performance with "dark" HDR UHD discs. Thanks in advance!
I just purchased a Sony BD player, will let you know
gene4ht likes this.

RF7II Fronts & Wides RC64II Center RB61II Heights & Surround back RF7II surrounds 2X Elemental design 15" subs Denon X7200WA 2X Emotiva XPA-5 epson 5040ub & 158" screen panny UD900 Full GIK treatments
post #8027 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 731 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
my last BD player was a $1,000 and didn't even have wifi lol! This sony looks very nice, its very heavy, build quality looks amazing and is 17" wide do it fits perfectly in my gear enclosure.

RF7II Fronts & Wides RC64II Center RB61II Heights & Surround back RF7II surrounds 2X Elemental design 15" subs Denon X7200WA 2X Emotiva XPA-5 epson 5040ub & 158" screen panny UD900 Full GIK treatments
post #8028 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Nice. I was thinking to get a zero edge screen like the elite aeon. It's much cheaper but is it anygood? Or just get a normal screen with borders ? It's going into a dedicated theater room but not a big room. What is the advantage of a zero edge screen? And what does the LEDs help with? If I was to get a zero edge screen I was thinking not to have any LED's, will that defeat the purpose?

Thanks,
K.

The SI zero edge is much cheaper? Or the Aeon?

I'm super pleased with how the screen performs. I can watch during day and get a super bright picture with the windows open and lights on. Direct light on it can cause some fading, but it looks amazing.

The zero edge I wouldn't say is best for a darkened out room cause you wont be able to tell. The advtange is most people think it's a giant TV and not a screen. Looks like a huge LCD on the wall. The LED's add alot to it. They really make it pop. I like to color coordinate to what sports team I"m watching. Just adds a little extra. I attatched my Spurs silver if you will.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spurs setup.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	2119553  

Epson 5040UBe, 120" Black Diamond Zero Edge 7 Screen 1.4 gain with LEDs
Marantz SR6011 Reciever, Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, Nvidia Shield,BDI Ola 8137 stand, Logitech Harmony One Remote with Alexa,
Klipsch Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 surround sound
post #8029 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread

Quote:

I'm super pleased with how the screen performs. I can watch during day and get a super bright picture with the windows open and lights on. Direct light on it can cause some fading, but it looks amazing.

The zero edge I wouldn't say is best for a darkened out room cause you wont be able to tell. The advtange is most people think it's a giant TV and not a screen. Looks like a huge LCD on the wall. The LED's add alot to it. They really make it pop. I like to color coordinate to what sports team I"m watching. Just adds a little extra. I attatched my Spurs silver if you will.

Nice. Hmm maybe I won't get a zero edge as it will be a darkened dedicated HT room. Just get a velour thick frame.

I meant Aeon is much cheaper.

Maybe one day I will get a zero edge screen for the family room.

How do you run power to the led's?

post #8030 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
When I had my Samsung sp-a 900 I could count on about 1500 hrs in low lamp mode before it got to dim. Then I replaced the bulb. This is the first time I have seen lamp flicker.
So are you saying running the lamp in eco can cause this or I just have a bad lamp? I have the spare that came with the projector I could try it.

When I explained the problem to the Epson tech he said because it doesn't do it in the other modes it was a projector problem not a lamp problem.

What did you say to get a new lamp when you talked with them.

Thanks
Brad

I'm afraid that particular Epson tech wasn't very clued up, several projectors can suffer with flicker if repeatedly used in low lamp mode, my hw40 did on its first lamp, also with that model if I first watched 3D then anytime that same evening watched a 2D film I got flicker, next day all fine.

Yes I would definately try the new lamp first, I didn't realise you had one spare, I hope it works out as you seem very happy with the rest of your unit.
post #8031 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I'm super pleased with how the screen performs. I can watch durioong day and get a super bright picture with the windows open and lights on. Direct light on it can cause some fading, but it looks amazing.

Nice. Hmm maybe I won't get a zero edge as it will be a darkened dedicated HT room. Just get a velour thick frame.

I meant Aeon is much cheaper.

Maybe one day I will get a zero edge screen for the family room.

How do you run power to the led's?

I installed a power outlet behind the screen before installing it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_81561_1494053155985.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	2119761  
post #8032 of 17588 Old 05-05-2017, 11:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That looks pretty cool, I suppose with such a light rejecting screen you can get away with some light spill from the LEDs, I just have a white 1.1 gain screen and I've even turned off the Epson's led lol!
post #8033 of 17588 Old 05-06-2017, 01:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
OH Gotchya. I'm trying to figure out why my Digital Cinema comes off too dim even after HV settings vs. everyone elses that looks much brighter. Maybe its my Cinegrey 5D ALR screen.
Maybe I need to try a white screen soon.
This may help you. I am currently comparing the Elite CineWhite with the CineGrey3D. These shots are in fully darkened room with the HV settings. Left side is white screen, right side is Grey.

I have bunch of other shots in standard HD, HDR, in different light settings. I need to work on taking better pictures though. ; )

Initial conclusions - if there is a lot of ambient light, neither perform well. With a moderate amount, the grey does much better. The grey always has the deeper blacks of course. But the white is impressive in a fully darkened room. I am now trying to figure how I will make a two sided screen that I can rotate based on light conditions. Just kidding, but that would be cool.

I'm wondering if Dave would adjust his settings if he had a grey screen like the right side of these shots?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HDR No Lights.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	2119785   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDR No Lights2.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	2119793  
Dave Harper and Evan201 like this.
post #8034 of 17588 Old 05-06-2017, 01:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhn View Post
This may help you. I am currently comparing the Elite CineWhite with the CineGrey3D. These shots are in fully darkened room with the HV settings. Left side is white screen, right side is Grey.

I have bunch of other shots in standard HD, HDR, in different light settings. I need to work on taking better pictures though. ; )

Initial conclusions - if there is a lot of ambient light, neither perform well. With a moderate amount, the grey does much better. The grey always has the deeper blacks of course. But the white is impressive in a fully darkened room. I am now trying to figure how I will make a two sided screen that I can rotate based on light conditions. Just kidding, but that would be cool.

I'm wondering if Dave would adjust his settings if he had a grey screen like the right side of these shots?
The right side of those pics are pretty dark, I'm guessing those were taken in the dark ?.

Last edited by panman40; 05-06-2017 at 04:26 AM.
post #8035 of 17588 Old 05-06-2017, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1721
Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread

Quote:
......I'm wondering if Dave would adjust his settings if he had a grey screen like the right side of these shots?

I probably would, but I'm not a big fan of them.

What happened to @Oledurt ? Haven't heard from him in awhile. His Bright Cinema with custom gamma settings are pretty amazing too, and may work better with grey screens.
Evan201 likes this.
post #8036 of 17588 Old 05-06-2017, 05:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm afraid that particular Epson tech wasn't very clued up, several projectors can suffer with flicker if repeatedly used in low lamp mode, my hw40 did on its first lamp, also with that model if I first watched 3D then anytime that same evening watched a 2D film I got flicker, next day all fine.

Yes I would definately try the new lamp first, I didn't realise you had one spare, I hope it works out as you seem very happy with the rest of your unit.

Last night I had no flicker. One thing I noticed was when the projector started it started with lower fan speed. The night before when I saw the flicker at start up the fan was loud like in in high mode and it took a bit before the Epson logo appeared on the screen. I have noticed the different fan noise at start up before. Is that normal?

Thanks
Brad

post #8037 of 17588 Old 05-06-2017, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Anybody ever use plasti dip to black out a window?

Epson 5040 UB | Silver Ticket 120" 16:9 Screen | Phillips 7501 | Yamaha RX-V781 | Xbox 1S | Nvidia Shield | Dual PB16 Ultra's | Klipsch RP-280F's Left & Right | RP-450C Center | Niles HDFX Surround & Atmos Speakers |
post #8038 of 17588 Old 05-06-2017, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:

I'm trying to decide between white or grey (studiotek 130 vs Firehawk G4) and in those pictures i prefer the white. The grey was just too dark. Settings would have to be adjusted to see if you could replicate the white performance. Are the walls and ceiling painted black?
post #8039 of 17588 Old 05-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
I probably would, but I'm not a big fan of them.

What happened to @Oledurt ? Haven't heard from him in awhile. His Bright Cinema with custom gamma settings are pretty amazing too, and may work better with grey screens.
I think he's gone into hibernation after paying out for his cal , only joking .
Dave Harper likes this.
post #8040 of 17588 Old 05-06-2017, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Last night I had no flicker. One thing I noticed was when the projector started it started with lower fan speed. The night before when I saw the flicker at start up the fan was loud like in in high mode and it took a bit before the Epson logo appeared on the screen. I have noticed the different fan noise at start up before. Is that normal?

Thanks
Brad

That sounds like what mine was doing, high fan noise with no image for about a minute then low fan and Epson logo followed by the image source.
It's been known that this can happen occasionally but mine was 59% of the time, a new lamp cured it totally.
I would Deffo try your spare lamp.

Martin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5040ub power , atmos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page