Hey Guys, thought i would give some info to those who are interested
So, i got my 6040UB 2 days ago... It was extremely hard for me to mount it perfectly the way i wanted in my dedicated theater room but eventually thankfully got it done right
A few things about the projector:
1. it is HUGE.
2. it is NOT as heavy as i thought (23lbs).
3. it is GORGEOUS.
4. The back cable cover that comes with it sealed the deal on how beautiful it is.
5. The extra mount that came with it was a Chief elite. it only came with a 6" pipe, so had to go to Home Depot and construct a longer pipe for my scenario. After all said it done it came out beautiful. Also had to get a different ceiling bracket to replace the one it came with: (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
5.1 The mount is VERY heavy, Sturdy and looks really professional.
6. A few things that i was VERY surprised to achieve....
6.1 I put in a MediaBridge 25" HDMI Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and it worked flawlessly with everything (detailed below).
6.2 I route everything through Yamaha 2060BL.
6.3 Xbox One S i get 4K and HDR (thats the surprising part). i think it might be because my yamaha is routing the video. unsure... but i get these in green:
*. Your TV supports 4K UHD (60Hz)
*. Your TV supports 4K 10-bit at 60Hz
*. Your TV supports HDR video/gaming.
6.4 I also purchased as dedicated player Philips BDP7501. I get full 4K and HDR.
7. The lens positioning on the projector is a life saver for my use case lol.
8. The picture is stunning, and thats with zero calibration. However, i do want to get some professionals to ISF calibrate it for me to maximize it.
9. First movie i saw was x-men apocalypse in 4K HDR Dolby Atmos and i was blown away.
10. In my use case the projector was SUPER quiet, i could barely hear it. Power consumption is set to "Normal".
11. I do not know if the 5040 have it, but the 6040 have a lens cover that automatically open and close with the projector power state, i found that feature to be AWESOME.
12. The backbit remote is cool, have all the buttons you need. But i put it all on a logitech harmony elite which works perfect (settings in myharmoney is Epson Plowerlite 5040UB), still waiting for 6040 to be added to their DB).
13. Gaming on this projector is a breeze, i have not noticed ANY type of lag. (Games Tested: Skyrim, Lord of the fallen, Tomb Raider 2).
that's it, that is my initial thought. Thank you all for all your valuable information here i have been reading non stop helping make my decision lol.
I am a happy camper