Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread - Page 559 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26951Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #16741 of 18077 Old 01-30-2019, 05:49 AM
Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juboy View Post
I agree with you re. HDR, I have seven of my memory slots allocated to various HDR settings (yours included) and I generally know which one will likely work best for the given content I'm about to watch. HDR on this projector works very well once dialed in, although I do believe it's worth having several setting options to ensure you're getting the best out of it.


HDR is still my preferred choice for viewing on the projector, be it from a Netflix or disc source.
Exactly. Several memory settings needed in order to choose which combination best suits particular content. As much as I like Harpervision, Orcus' Digital Cinema, and Nielvm's Cinema, there is no one size fits all, at least not for me.

At the end of the day, I/we really need to spring for a professional calibration (or buy the equipment to do it ourselves). Re-using others' settings is/was an attempt to improve the image without paying $500 for proper set-up.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
avtoronto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16742 of 18077 Old 01-30-2019, 05:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
Exactly. Several memory settings needed in order to choose which combination best suits particular content. As much as I like Harpervision, Orcus' Digital Cinema, and Nielvm's Cinema, there is no one size fits all, at least not for me.



At the end of the day, I/we really need to spring for a professional calibration (or buy the equipment to do it ourselves). Re-using others' settings is/was an attempt to improve the image without paying $500 for proper set-up.

Buy the equipment and give it a go yourself, the x-rite meter you need cost me about $150 and the software and patterns I used were all community sourced. The only major investment I had to make was my time, but that was a non-factor as it was fun to do and learn.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
welldun and biga6761 like this.
OrcusVaruna is offline  
post #16743 of 18077 Old 01-30-2019, 06:45 AM
Member
 
Juboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
Exactly. Several memory settings needed in order to choose which combination best suits particular content. As much as I like Harpervision, Orcus' Digital Cinema, and Nielvm's Cinema, there is no one size fits all, at least not for me.

Fair point, but then I'd not expect there to be.



Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
At the end of the day, I/we really need to spring for a professional calibration (or buy the equipment to do it ourselves). Re-using others' settings is/was an attempt to improve the image without paying $500 for proper set-up.

Again, you're likely correct. However, with the better settings posted here and a little tweaking to personal taste, I'm pretty sure my PJ is producing as good an image as it's capable of. Could a pro-calibrator do better? I'm not convinced. In any case, I've never been one to say, 'Yeah, it does look bad but at least it's accurate'. I prefer to think, 'It may not be entirely accurate, but it looks amazing' - and save myself a couple of hundred pounds to spend on beer and popcorn to go with my HDR movies
rupedogg24 likes this.
Juboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16744 of 18077 Old 01-30-2019, 09:40 AM
Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcusVaruna View Post
Buy the equipment and give it a go yourself, the x-rite meter you need cost me about $150 and the software and patterns I used were all community sourced. The only major investment I had to make was my time, but that was a non-factor as it was fun to do and learn.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well time I do have (I'm retired) but budget not so much so wouldn't mind giving it a go at some point. Could you send me a brief PM with what you use and where you got them from? Thanks.
monkaquinas likes this.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
avtoronto is offline  
post #16745 of 18077 Old 01-31-2019, 12:12 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hi please someone can help me
i want to know if it is possible to project in 4k 60p hdr or the maximum of the projector 6040ub is 4k 30p hdr
i thought i saw in forum with wireless we can project in 4k 60p hdr , the problem come from the limitation of brandwish of hdmi in the projector
so if someone have already tested the wireless can confirm that
thanks
Houssem Cherif is offline  
post #16746 of 18077 Old 01-31-2019, 12:28 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone know if there is a way to get any content in 4K & HDR on new Fire TV 4K stick?

I bought Epson 5040ub, new AV receiver Yamaha V385 and new Fire TV 4k stick couple of weeks ago and so far was not able to get 4K and HDR at the same time neither for Amazon Prime Video nor for Netflix titles.
I configured fire stick to match the original framerate which is typically 24 or 25 hz for movies. For numerous titles that claim to be UHD and HDR I am only getting 8 bit color. See attached file for an example.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4k-hdr.png
Views:	92
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	2518526  
hdrdude is offline  
post #16747 of 18077 Old 01-31-2019, 01:47 AM
Senior Member
 
dimi123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrdude View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to get any content in 4K & HDR on new Fire TV 4K stick
I don't own a Fire TV 4K, but in order to get 10/12 bits, you'll have to change the color format on the Fire TV from RGB to YCbCr. 4:2:2, if at all possible.

PJ: Epson EH-TW9300W | Screen: 135" 2.40 Stewart StudioTek 100 | Anamorphic lens: Prismasonic Cinomorph P-100M | AVR: Denon AVR-X7200WA | Amp: 3x Naim Nait 5si Stereo Amplifier| HTPC: Intel Core i7, GTX1080Ti | BR Player: Oppo BDP-103D, Oppo BDP-95 | Speakers: JBL Studio L Series, 7.2.4 | Mains Filter: BlackNoise 1000 V2, BlackNoise 2500, ISOL-8 VMC1080 | Cables: Chord Cadenza Reference, Chord Epic Twin, Audioquest NRG-4
dimi123 is offline  
post #16748 of 18077 Old 01-31-2019, 03:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houssem Cherif View Post
hi please someone can help me

i want to know if it is possible to project in 4k 60p hdr or the maximum of the projector 6040ub is 4k 30p hdr

i thought i saw in forum with wireless we can project in 4k 60p hdr , the problem come from the limitation of brandwish of hdmi in the projector

so if someone have already tested the wireless can confirm that

thanks


The projector is capable of displaying 4K60 8bit HDR


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OrcusVaruna is offline  
post #16749 of 18077 Old 01-31-2019, 09:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Natrix1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrdude View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to get any content in 4K & HDR on new Fire TV 4K stick?

I bought Epson 5040ub, new AV receiver Yamaha V385 and new Fire TV 4k stick couple of weeks ago and so far was not able to get 4K and HDR at the same time neither for Amazon Prime Video nor for Netflix titles.
I configured fire stick to match the original framerate which is typically 24 or 25 hz for movies. For numerous titles that claim to be UHD and HDR I am only getting 8 bit color. See attached file for an example.
Make sure to change the HDMI mode in the advanced menu on the Yamaha to Mode 1, check page 87 of the manual.
Natrix1973 is offline  
post #16750 of 18077 Old 02-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Member
 
jmeitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Eureka, MO
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 34
just received my 5040 yesterday and i have two questions.

1. Use to have an 8350 which i had plugged into power conditioner switch to turn power to unit off/on. With the 5040 should i cut power after cool down or just leave the power feed to the projector on at all times?

2. I seem to have some handshake issues with my Yamaha 3070 to where its not outputting hdmi signal unless i unplug the receiver and power it back on. Would cutting power to the 5040 cause handshake issues? never happened on the 8350.

Yamaha Aventage 3070 * Emotiva xpa5
Polk LSIM 707, 706, 703, 702, Rci85 and 65
Stereo Integrity HT18 (2) * Inuke 6000dsp
Panasonic UB820 * JVC NX5 * Silver Ticket 120” thin bezel
jmeitz is offline  
post #16751 of 18077 Old 02-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Cam some one post the latest settings.I have the Harper vision but would like to try the other ones.Thanks
Dirt9 is offline  
post #16752 of 18077 Old 02-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
sddp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Best player for 3D?

I've been using my XBOX ONE X for all 3D movies, would getting a separate player such the Sony UBP-X1000ES have a better & more of a 3D pop out?

EPSON 5040UBE | DENON X6400H | XBOX ONE X\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 GEN 2 |EMOTIVA XPA-3 GEN 3 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
9.3.4 SURROUND SYSTEM ALL KLIPSCH | L&R RF-7II | CENTER RC64II |FRONT HEIGHTS 2 x RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-62II | 4 ATMOS CDT-5800 | SUBS R112SW & 2 x R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-5000S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
sddp is offline  
post #16753 of 18077 Old 02-01-2019, 05:56 PM
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt9 View Post
Cam some one post the latest settings. I have the Harper vision but would like to try the other ones.Thanks

You deeply hurt me to the bone!!!

Dave Harper is offline  
post #16754 of 18077 Old 02-01-2019, 06:54 PM
Member
 
rbk123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
You deeply hurt me to the bone!!!

Dave Harper likes this.
rbk123 is offline  
post #16755 of 18077 Old 02-01-2019, 09:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Dave your setting are awesome!I was just curious what people have been up to.All the other settings just look off compared to yours.Im thinking their not using a natural white AT screen?
Dave Harper likes this.
Dirt9 is offline  
post #16756 of 18077 Old 02-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Member
 
ComradeBrehznev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Morgan Hill CA
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeitz View Post
just received my 5040 yesterday and i have two questions.

1. Use to have an 8350 which i had plugged into power conditioner switch to turn power to unit off/on. With the 5040 should i cut power after cool down or just leave the power feed to the projector on at all times?

2. I seem to have some handshake issues with my Yamaha 3070 to where its not outputting hdmi signal unless i unplug the receiver and power it back on. Would cutting power to the 5040 cause handshake issues? never happened on the 8350.

Just wondering why you wouldn't just use the remote to turn the proj on and off.
[ I also moved from 8350 to 5040, 2 yrs ago.]

ComradeBrehznev
Oppo UDP203, Epson 5040UB; VApex 120" screen converted to AT with Seymour Center Stage XD material, Marantz SR6011 receiver, Emotiva XPA-2 for FR & FL
SVS Ultra Towers, SVS Ultra Bookshelf center, SVS Elevation Atmos ceiling, SVS PB12-NSD, SVS PB-2000 subs; Emotiva side surrounds, Aperion 4BP backs
ComradeBrehznev is offline  
post #16757 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 12:48 AM
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt9 View Post
Dave your setting are awesome!I was just curious what people have been up to.All the other settings just look off compared to yours.Im thinking their not using a natural white AT screen?

Thanks man! I was just busting your chops. I know mine have a lot to be desired since I lost the CMS and greyscale values. Thankfully others have picked up my slack here.
Dave Harper is offline  
post #16758 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 06:09 AM
Member
 
jmeitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Eureka, MO
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeBrehznev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeitz View Post
just received my 5040 yesterday and i have two questions.

1. Use to have an 8350 which i had plugged into power conditioner switch to turn power to unit off/on. With the 5040 should i cut power after cool down or just leave the power feed to the projector on at all times?

2. I seem to have some handshake issues with my Yamaha 3070 to where its not outputting hdmi signal unless i unplug the receiver and power it back on. Would cutting power to the 5040 cause handshake issues? never happened on the 8350.

Just wondering why you wouldn't just use the remote to turn the proj on and off.
[ I also moved from 8350 to 5040, 2 yrs ago.]
I still use the remote to turn off and on, but there are times where I do not use the projector for several weeks and don’t want it to be sitting idle.

Yamaha Aventage 3070 * Emotiva xpa5
Polk LSIM 707, 706, 703, 702, Rci85 and 65
Stereo Integrity HT18 (2) * Inuke 6000dsp
Panasonic UB820 * JVC NX5 * Silver Ticket 120” thin bezel
jmeitz is offline  
post #16759 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mcallister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 1,605
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt9 View Post
Cam some one post the latest settings.I have the Harper vision but would like to try the other ones.Thanks
Also waiting, this thread has just become to large to find anything.

mcallister is offline  
post #16760 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 09:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have daves original gray scale and cms for Harper vision from two years ago if anyone wants them.
Alex solomon and Lesmor like this.
Dirt9 is offline  
post #16761 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Lesmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,118
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt9 View Post
I have daves original gray scale and cms for Harper vision from two years ago if anyone wants them.
would love to see them
i also imagine Dave would appreciate the missing link in his calibration
Lesmor is offline  
post #16762 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If this is the stuff that has been lost here it is,(R)50 23 50 (G)78 8 50 (B)68 30 50 (C)56 31 50 (M)76 31 50 (Y)44 29 50,I think every thing else is posted about 40 pages back.I have a silver ticket White AT screen and these settings look perfectly natural
Dirt9 is offline  
post #16763 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 11:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I pull the iris down between 12-9 with the settings posted above. Really natural with inky blacks and shadow detail,perfect skin tones and vibrant colors.Thanks you Dave Harper!
Dirt9 is offline  
post #16764 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt9 View Post
Dave your setting are awesome!I was just curious what people have been up to.All the other settings just look off compared to yours.Im thinking their not using a natural white AT screen?
One of the latest settings' summaries can be found here: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c34af50b00.jpg

Harpervision CMS settings need to be populated per Dirt9's post above.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
avtoronto is offline  
post #16765 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 197
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
One of the latest settings' summaries can be found here: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c34af50b00.jpg

Harpervision CMS settings need to be populated per Dirt9's post above.
Note, there is a mistake on the spreadsheet for the Harpervision settings. For Gamma, the third last setting should be -26 not 26, and the second last should be 16. This is per an earlier list of settings posted on the forum. The -26 makes a big difference.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
avtoronto is offline  
post #16766 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
AdamAttewell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
Note, there is a mistake on the spreadsheet for the Harpervision settings. For Gamma, the third last setting should be -26 not 26, and the second last should be 16. This is per an earlier list of settings posted on the forum. The -26 makes a big difference.

It does say -26, the - is on the line above.
AdamAttewell is online now  
post #16767 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Member
 
john hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Where I and I'm sure many did not notice it!
That may be the reason why Harpervision didn't work for me.
Will try it again with these new setting so thanks, guys.
john hunter is offline  
post #16768 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 09:07 PM
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt9 View Post
I have daves original gray scale and cms for Harper vision from two years ago if anyone wants them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt9 View Post
If this is the stuff that has been lost here it is,(R)50 23 50 (G)78 8 50 (B)68 30 50 (C)56 31 50 (M)76 31 50 (Y)44 29 50,I think every thing else is posted about 40 pages back.I have a silver ticket White AT screen and these settings look perfectly natural
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt9 View Post
I pull the iris down between 12-9 with the settings posted above. Really natural with inky blacks and shadow detail,perfect skin tones and vibrant colors.Thanks you Dave Harper!
Whoah what?!?!?! That’s awesome man! Where’d you get them? Were you an old customer of mine who bought a HarperVision 5040UB?

You’re very welcome Dirt9 and everyone! If you think these look good. Try to go see a BenQ LK970 with my HarperVision settings on that model. You’ll be absolutely blown away and floored for what you can get for the money compared to the high dollar JVCs and Sonys!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesmor View Post
would love to see them

i also imagine Dave would appreciate the missing link in his calibration

Yes I do very much appreciate them!


Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
Note, there is a mistake on the spreadsheet for the Harpervision settings. For Gamma, the third last setting should be -26 not 26, and the second last should be 16. This is per an earlier list of settings posted on the forum. The -26 makes a big difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john hunter View Post
Where I and I'm sure many did not notice it!
That may be the reason why Harpervision didn't work for me.
Will try it again with these new setting so thanks, guys.

Wow I wonder if that’s why so many folks said to me it looked “washed out” and I was baffled as f**k as to why they’d say that!
biga6761 likes this.
Dave Harper is offline  
post #16769 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 09:53 PM
Member
 
Lithium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
Whoah what?!?!?! That’s awesome man! Where’d you get them? Were you an old customer of mine who bought a HarperVision 5040UB?
Dave, those settings he posted are actually oeldurt's take on HarperVision. I run those settings as well since they are the only ones with CMS data and I'm obviously extremely happy with them. They are listed in this older sheet that I always reference: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...l#post55178352
Dave Harper likes this.
Lithium is offline  
post #16770 of 18077 Old 02-02-2019, 10:31 PM
Member
 
ClerkDante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 136
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I’ve read a lot of favorable things about the HDFury Linker and it’s working with this projector. It doesn’t appear to have Mac support for its GUI. Anyone know of a similar device that has Mac support?
ClerkDante is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5040ub power , atmos

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off