Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread - Page 571 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26864Likes

post #17101 of 17559 Old 03-05-2019, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjwoodford View Post
Great advice once again. Your logic makes total sense to me. I think I will stick with that route. Turn all processing off on the AVR.

What about the 4K Signal setting, standard vs. enhanced? Should I set to enhanced?
Based on the info found at this link:
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS730H/NA...SYsvvlcemq.php
It seems like Enhanced would check all of the boxes for your setup. Agian, my AVR is a different make and model, so I don't have any personal experience with what that feature does. However, per that link, the enhanced setting seems to allow more signal options between your sources and the projector.
scottjwoodford likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17102 of 17559 Old 03-05-2019, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by welldun View Post
Based on the info found at this link:
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRS730H/NA...SYsvvlcemq.php
It seems like Enhanced would check all of the boxes for your setup. Agian, my AVR is a different make and model, so I don't have any personal experience with what that feature does. However, per that link, the enhanced setting seems to allow more signal options between your sources and the projector.
Yea it looks like from Epson's Chart too (ref: https://epson.com/faq/SPT_V11H713020...at=faq-topFaqs that he only HDR mode supported is 4k/24p, which I'll get with either Enhanced and Standard. But that it can do all the other modes on SDR. I'll set to enhanced and I'll get the best I can get for whatever the input is.

Btw, are there particular settings you or anyone else on here are using for SDR? Was going to try some I found (I believe they are neilvm). Last night when I viewed cable tv it was TERRIBLE. Very pixelated, jittery, lots of noise etc.
post #17103 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 06:09 AM

What settings for SDR?

So I finally got around to messing with the SDR settings nielvm was gracious enough to provide me. They are MUCH better than the out of the box defaults. That said, I'm still surprised that a 4k projector doesn't look as sharp/detailed as I was expecting. I was trying to calibrate it to GoT on HBO streaming last night. Again, the before and after are night and day. But it's still not as impressive as I was hoping for. The cable box is outputting 1080p, I made sure of that. It looks stunning upstairs on my 60" 4k tv. But it still seems dull down on the big screen. Just to give you some background, I'm in a totally dark room, on a 142" 2.35 screen. The 16x9 image is about 110".

I messed with some of the picture enhancement settings (presets, sharpness, noise reduction, etc...) but can't seem to get it to look better than pretty good. Do others have this same experience with cable (live tv/streaming)? Am I expecting too much? If you're getting great results for cable TV, can you please post the settings you are using? Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17104 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 07:11 AM

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quick question: the 6040 does not have an anamorphic lens, just the format settings?
post #17105 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 1961 Post(s)
Liked: 2634
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
Quick question: the 6040 does not have an anamorphic lens, just the format settings?
Correct...
noob00224 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #17106 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
...It looks stunning upstairs on my 60" 4k tv. But it still seems dull down on the big screen. Just to give you some background, I'm in a totally dark room, on a 142" 2.35 screen. The 16x9 image is about 110".

I messed with some of the picture enhancement settings (presets, sharpness, noise reduction, etc...) but can't seem to get it to look better than pretty good. Do others have this same experience with cable (live tv/streaming)? Am I expecting too much? If you're getting great results for cable TV, can you please post the settings you are using? Thanks in advance for any help!
The picture quality from cable tv signals (at the moment) cannot compare to that quality of 4k discs or even 4k streamed material from Netflix and other services. In this case, you may just be expecting too much. However, did you check to make sure that although the cable box signal was set to 1080p, the signal being received at the projector was also 1080p? You can check that by going into the projector's menu and checking under the info section. Also, this would be a good time to also confirm that you have the upscaling and Image Enhancement of the projector set properly.

If you are getting good results from streaming services and discs, then it follows that the fault for a poor result from the cable box is not the projector's, but rather the signal that it is receiving from the cable provider.

if you have older formats at home, you can compare both on your TV and Projector how older VHS tapes or even DVD disc look compared to Bluray and 4k material. For the most part, the advantages and differences in quality between Bluray and 4k when compared to SD material can be really appreciated on the bigger screens.
post #17107 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
So I finally got around to messing with the SDR settings nielvm was gracious enough to provide me. They are MUCH better than the out of the box defaults. That said, I'm still surprised that a 4k projector doesn't look as sharp/detailed as I was expecting. I was trying to calibrate it to GoT on HBO streaming last night. Again, the before and after are night and day. But it's still not as impressive as I was hoping for. The cable box is outputting 1080p, I made sure of that. It looks stunning upstairs on my 60" 4k tv. But it still seems dull down on the big screen. Just to give you some background, I'm in a totally dark room, on a 142" 2.35 screen. The 16x9 image is about 110".

How are you watching GOT? Using your cable STB? If so then you're going to be disappointed when you blow it up on the big screen. The compression is typically pretty brutal when doing this. It becomes very visible on a large format screen.

I have experimented with a variety of methods to watch HBO (primarily GOT) and this is my picture quality rankings (1=best):

1. Amazon Prime streaming via Sony UBP-X800. The compression is still visible (crushed blacks - just terrible compared to even regular Blu-ray)
2. HBO Go via Playstation or PC with HDMI connection
3. HBO Go via Chromecast
4. Streaming VOD via cable STB
999. Watching live on HBO via cable STB (sooooooo much compression, regardless of provider, be it Verizon Fios, Comcast Xfinity, AT&T, etc.)

I cannot speak to the quality of DirecTV and their HBO stream but my research has shown that they are compressing it quite a bit as well. The only advantage is that DirecTV has historically used more modern compression compared to other cable providers (IDK if this is still the case).

It really is a shame that there is no option to stream at much higher quality (less compression, especially in the blacks) if your connection can handle it. I have a gigabit fiber connection and my 25MB/s "Full HD" stream is just begging to use that bigger pipe.

EDIT: To get more to the point, using Amazon Prime streaming via a high quality player will look as good as you can get. On a calibrated 5040/6040 most scenes will look absolutely awesome. Dark scenes will always suffer, though, when streaming.

Epson 6040ub
Denon AVR-X3400H + Mirage OMD-5 surrounds
Home-made Hybrid PCB Electrostatic Floorstanding L+R Speakers (with built-in DSP + amps)
Home-made sub with 15" Ultimax woofer, Dayton SA1000 Amp
Sony PS4, Sony UBP-X800, Panasonic DP-UB820
post #17108 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welldun View Post
The picture quality from cable tv signals (at the moment) cannot compare to that quality of 4k discs or even 4k streamed material from Netflix and other services. In this case, you may just be expecting too much. However, did you check to make sure that although the cable box signal was set to 1080p, the signal being received at the projector was also 1080p? You can check that by going into the projector's menu and checking under the info section. Also, this would be a good time to also confirm that you have the upscaling and Image Enhancement of the projector set properly.

If you are getting good results from streaming services and discs, then it follows that the fault for a poor result from the cable box is not the projector's, but rather the signal that it is receiving from the cable provider.

if you have older formats at home, you can compare both on your TV and Projector how older VHS tapes or even DVD disc look compared to Bluray and 4k material. For the most part, the advantages and differences in quality between Bluray and 4k when compared to SD material can be really appreciated on the bigger screens.
Yea I know it's not going to be as good as 4k UHD discs of course, but it still seems so disappointing. You know, I never thought to confirm the signal was coming in as 1080. Good idea I will check that first thing when i get home!

What upscaling and image enhancement settings would you recommend for cable tv?
post #17109 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt7272 View Post
How are you watching GOT? Using your cable STB? If so then you're going to be disappointed when you blow it up on the big screen. The compression is typically pretty brutal when doing this. It becomes very visible on a large format screen.

I have experimented with a variety of methods to watch HBO (primarily GOT) and this is my picture quality rankings (1=best):

1. Amazon Prime streaming via Sony UBP-X800. The compression is still visible (crushed blacks - just terrible compared to even regular Blu-ray)
2. HBO Go via Playstation or PC with HDMI connection
3. HBO Go via Chromecast
4. Streaming VOD via cable STB
999. Watching live on HBO via cable STB (sooooooo much compression, regardless of provider, be it Verizon Fios, Comcast Xfinity, AT&T, etc.)

I cannot speak to the quality of DirecTV and their HBO stream but my research has shown that they are compressing it quite a bit as well. The only advantage is that DirecTV has historically used more modern compression compared to other cable providers (IDK if this is still the case).

It really is a shame that there is no option to stream at much higher quality (less compression, especially in the blacks) if your connection can handle it. I have a gigabit fiber connection and my 25MB/s "Full HD" stream is just begging to use that bigger pipe.

EDIT: To get more to the point, using Amazon Prime streaming via a high quality player will look as good as you can get. On a calibrated 5040/6040 most scenes will look absolutely awesome. Dark scenes will always suffer, though, when streaming.
This is a really great idea. I never thought to use HBO GO. I just figured the compression would be just as bad. I will give that a shot tonight and see how that works out.

So Amazon Prime is the best method even though it has crushed blacks? Can you watch the live versions of shows (say GoT ) on the day it's out, or is it only previous episodes? Forgive me, I don't think I've used Prime for anything other than movies. I'm definitely going to try all of these methods.
post #17110 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
This is a really great idea. I never thought to use HBO GO. I just figured the compression would be just as bad. I will give that a shot tonight and see how that works out.

So Amazon Prime is the best method even though it has crushed blacks? Can you watch the live versions of shows (say GoT ) on the day it's out, or is it only previous episodes? Forgive me, I don't think I've used Prime for anything other than movies. I'm definitely going to try all of these methods.
You can get HBO through Amazon and the price should be the same as from your cable provider. It is literally the same as HBO Go but the streaming is handled directly by Amazon via Prime.

I made a comment about the crushed blacks because that is the biggest issue with Amazon Prime streaming. It is also equal or worse with the other options that I provided, though.

HBO GO via PS4 has actually been pretty good at times but the app can be slow and the framerate seems to drop sometimes.

Epson 6040ub
Home-made Hybrid PCB Electrostatic Floorstanding L+R Speakers (with built-in DSP + amps)
post #17111 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt7272 View Post
You can get HBO through Amazon and the price should be the same as from your cable provider. It is literally the same as HBO Go but the streaming is handled directly by Amazon via Prime.

I made a comment about the crushed blacks because that is the biggest issue with Amazon Prime streaming. It is also equal or worse with the other options that I provided, though.

HBO GO via PS4 has actually been pretty good at times but the app can be slow and the framerate seems to drop sometimes.
I think you guys need to move this discussion to a different thread. It has nothing to do with the 5040 now.
WynsWrld98 likes this.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S2 surround, XTZ 1X12 subwoofer, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
post #17112 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 08:42 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
Correct...
Are you sure about this.???
My version of the 6040,TW 9300 certainly does support anamorphic projection.
Suggest you check the Epson site.
post #17113 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 10:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by john hunter View Post
For clarification purposes, the 5040/6040 does not have an anamorphic lens. The projectors do support and project the various common aspect ratios via an easily programmable lens memory function.

noob00224 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #17114 of 17559 Old 03-06-2019, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene4ht View Post
For clarification purposes, the 5040/6040 does not have an anamorphic lens. The projectors do support and project the various common aspect ratios via an easily programmable lens memory function.
A anamorphic lens is a standalone lens that is put in front of the projector. The 6040/9300 has "Anamorphic Wide" and "Horizontal Stretch" options for use with an anamorphic lens, whereas the 5040 doesn't. The lens memory function is used for zooming (without an anamorphic lens).

PJ: Epson EH-TW9300W | Screen: 135" 2.40 Stewart StudioTek 100 | Anamorphic lens: Prismasonic Cinomorph P-100M | AVR: Denon AVR-X7200WA | Amp: 3x Naim Nait 5si Stereo Amplifier| HTPC: Intel Core i7, GTX1080Ti | BR Player: Oppo BDP-103D, Oppo BDP-95, Samsung UBD-K8500 | Speakers: JBL Studio L Series, 7.2.4 | Mains Filter: BlackNoise 1000 V2, BlackNoise 2500, ISOL-8 VMC1080 | Cables: Chord Cadenza Reference, Chord Epic Twin, Audioquest NRG-4

Last edited by dimi123; 03-06-2019 at 11:15 PM.
post #17115 of 17559 Old 03-07-2019, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

I use various settings (Orcus, Neilv, Rob's) for stuff like Altered Carbon and Lost In Space via ATV. Looks incredible. I have an LG OLED in the same room and can view both at the same time. The projector image can be made to look about 80% as good as the TV, which to my mind is pretty amazing.
post #17116 of 17559 Old 03-07-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
I think you guys need to move this discussion to a different thread. It has nothing to do with the 5040 now.
Yes, I agree. Streaming vs cable and the myriad of picture quality opinions can go elsewhere.

Back to the 5040/6040, it is important to consider what your source is doing to the image. The 5040/6040 cannot do frame interpolation if the incoming signal is 4k. Furthermore, you have to choose in which device to do your upscaling. I have found that the 5040/6040 does a pretty good job of it, especially when combined with the image enhancement settings.

When I stream Amazon via my X800 UBP the picture is upscaled (in the X800) to 4k which eliminates the FI option. I don't like FI in nearly all cases so I don't care. Regarding upscaling, however, this is one case where I think that the x800 does a better job of upscaling than the 5040/6040. When watching Blu-rays I actually prefer the 6040 to do my upscaling. But, for some reason, during streaming I prefer the X800 to do it. YMMV

Epson 6040ub
post #17117 of 17559 Old 03-07-2019, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by john hunter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi123 View Post
A anamorphic lens is a standalone lens that is put in front of the projector. The 6040/9300 has "Anamorphic Wide" and "Horizontal Stretch" options for use with an anamorphic lens, whereas the 5040 doesn't. The lens memory function is used for zooming (without an anamorphic lens).
For final clarification purposes, the 6040 does not have/include a "standalone/external" anamorphic lens. However, john and dimi123 are correct in that the 6040 does have two additional options in support of an external anamorphic lens. From the 6040 manual....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1771[1].PNG
Views:	53
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	2535654

post #17118 of 17559 Old 03-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I was looking to upgrade my EH-Tw8200

Dimensions D x W x H395 x 466 x 158 mm

to the Epson 9300

Dimensions D x W x H450 x 520 x 193 mm

I do not have an additional 6 cm at the back of my current 8200.

I was wondering if the mounting brackets on the 9300 would give me the additional cms (i.e is the moutning bracket / position) nearer the front allowing the same distance at the back - or am i out of luck?

THoughts?

post #17119 of 17559 Old 03-09-2019, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was looking to upgrade my EH-Tw8200

Dimensions D x W x H395 x 466 x 158 mm

to the Epson 9300

Dimensions D x W x H450 x 520 x 193 mm

I do not have an additional 6 cm at the back of my current 8200.

I was wondering if the mounting brackets on the 9300 would give me the additional cms (i.e is the moutning bracket / position) nearer the front allowing the same distance at the back - or am i out of luck?

THoughts?
post #17120 of 17559 Old 03-10-2019, 05:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Hello. Can somebody please explain or link me to any posts on how custom gamma works? I was able to calibrate it to 2.28 for SDR. Thank you

my JS8500 movie calibration settings as of 8/8/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post34495410
my JS8500 standard calibration settings as of 6/18/15 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post35124130
post #17121 of 17559 Old 03-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnolivos View Post
LENS MEMORY RECALL EPSON RESPONSE AND SOLUTION

All, important update here from Epson today regarding the inaccurate lens memory recall that we have been experiencing. Here is a copy paste of their response. Please read in detail...

The gist of it is, you should move your lens shift in One Direction only, and never step back for final adjustments. I have yet to test this.
-----------------

Sorry for our late reply on this matter, we were checking with our engineers.

Here is the reply from the engineers on this matter;

We have done the test of lens shift position memory in the QC process on multiple units.
The recalled position accuracy of the units tested were each within spec.

SEC engineers confirmed that the shift amount between recalled position and original position is within 5.5 mm or less as actual measurement value.

There is a possibility of bad accuracy caused by the procedure for fitting in the screen when customers memorizes the different positions.

As a precaution, when you fit the display position to the screen, you should avoid moving the lens shift in the opposite direction.
Please refer to the attached file named “Epson PC 4040-6040UB HC 5040UB-5040UBe Lens shift position memory.pdf" for a better explanation, and try to use this method when setting lens memory positions.

If you move the lens shift "step by step" to opposite direction for fine-tuning, the moving amount will not be counted correctly by sensor. As a result, a memorized position will be shifted from target, and the bad accuracy of recalled position occurs.
This is caused by a factor coming from the mechanical structure and the position monitoring method by sensor.

Unfortunately, SEC hasn't been able to find a better solution for accuracy improvement.

Thank you again for your patience in this matter.
We hope this helps!
Spoiler!
This is good explanation.
I just realized one thing though, how do you move to "Default" position. With the steps explained here, to go to your first lens position, one should start from default position (the way it came from factory). Because it is retaining the position co-ordinates in relation to the current position and that current is nothing but the factory default position.
I am not at my projector right now, else would have checked. But I may have missed if there was a button click to move it to it's original position.
Does anyone know?
This is not working for me st all. The result is that the shift is 2” high. I tried compensating, clearing the memories and starting over, nothing works.
post #17122 of 17559 Old 03-10-2019, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
X Box One S

I looked back on some of the older posts regarding issues using an Xbox one S to drive the 5040ub. Anyone else using this combo successfully? I'd seen the HDfury linker solution, but I'd rather just get a different player for that price (I need to to build up some more WAF points ). I'm still having issues trying to watch 4K UHD discs; hoping someone has figured out a work-around. I believe the Xbox is outputting @ 60 Hz regardless, the 24Hz box is grayed and tells me the TV (PJ in this instance) won't accept the signal. It's really frustrating because movies start out looking great and then start blinking out (not sure exactly what to call it, looks like the processor is getting overwhelmed).
post #17123 of 17559 Old 03-10-2019, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Money View Post
I looked back on some of the older posts regarding issues using an Xbox one S to drive the 5040ub. Anyone else using this combo successfully? I'd seen the HDfury linker solution, but I'd rather just get a different player for that price (I need to to build up some more WAF points [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] ). I'm still having issues trying to watch 4K UHD discs; hoping someone has figured out a work-around. I believe the Xbox is outputting @ 60 Hz regardless, the 24Hz box is grayed and tells me the TV (PJ in this instance) won't accept the signal. It's really frustrating because movies start out looking great and then start blinking out (not sure exactly what to call it, looks like the processor is getting overwhelmed).

If everything is connnected properly/set properly. There is no magic getting the XBox One S to work properly. 4K UHD discs should be being displayed @4K/24hz without issue. If you have flickering. Id start looking at a cable or hardware issue
post #17124 of 17559 Old 03-10-2019, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
HDMI question:

So, I currently have a 40 foot HDMI 2.0 capable of 10 Gbps (bought for my epson 8350) Called C&E 40 foot (off Amazon)

I purchased this projector, so I bought a 35 foot Monoprice cable (Luxe 2.0b, apparently 18 Gbps). However, it kept dropping the singal every 10 seconds, so I switched over to the other HDMI cable, and no issues to my surprise.

I then bought a fiber optic HDMI, which was about 100 dollars, and it works fine, too. In fact, I can't tell the different between this and the 15 dollar cable.

Is there any benefit of having the fiber optic HDMI cable? I didnt notice any difference.

Thanks.
post #17125 of 17559 Old 03-11-2019, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
So I setup my 5040 this weekend and am blown away at the out the box difference compared to my old panny ae-2000u.

I ran a calibration disk and tweaked things a bit but was wondering if anyone else could share their settings. I looked over some of the others shared like robc and orcus but unless I missed it neither is running in Bright Cinema (SDR settings).

Also a couple questions.
1. Do I need to vacuum the air filter every 100 hours?
2. Is it better for the bulb to run it at medium for the first 100 or so hours? Low looks fine in my room
3. Can someone point me in the direction how I can get a 4k source to work, even though my receiver can't pass it through?

Thanks in advance
post #17126 of 17559 Old 03-11-2019, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin12586 View Post
2. Is it better for the bulb to run it at medium for the first 100 or so hours? Low looks fine in my room
3. Can someone point me in the direction how I can get a 4k source to work, even though my receiver can't pass it through?

Thanks in advance

1. Probably not. I cleaned mine after 2500 hours and it wasn't dirty. it is greyish normally.
post #17127 of 17559 Old 03-11-2019, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
So I setup my 5040 this weekend and am blown away at the out the box difference compared to my old panny ae-2000u.

I ran a calibration disk and tweaked things a bit but was wondering if anyone else could share their settings. I looked over some of the others shared like robc and orcus but unless I missed it neither is running in Bright Cinema (SDR settings).

Also a couple questions.

Thanks in advance

3. You need to send seperate feeds to the projector(video) and AVR(audio). Either a source with two outputs or an HDMI splitter will be required.
post #17128 of 17559 Old 03-11-2019, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Money View Post
I looked back on some of the older posts regarding issues using an Xbox one S to drive the 5040ub. Anyone else using this combo successfully? I'd seen the HDfury linker solution, but I'd rather just get a different player for that price (I need to to build up some more WAF points ). I'm still having issues trying to watch 4K UHD discs; hoping someone has figured out a work-around. I believe the Xbox is outputting @ 60 Hz regardless, the 24Hz box is grayed and tells me the TV (PJ in this instance) won't accept the signal. It's really frustrating because movies start out looking great and then start blinking out (not sure exactly what to call it, looks like the processor is getting overwhelmed).
I am runing an Xbox One X and a 5040UB - at first I was having issues with Netflix, games, bluray's on the projector, video and audio just cuts out and return a few seconds later.

All my issues were resolved by the HD Fury Integral 2.

https://www.amazon.com/Integral-Spli...gateway&sr=8-1
post #17129 of 17559 Old 03-11-2019, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Also a couple questions.

Thanks in advance
I also upgraded from a Panasonic PT-AE8000u My previous receiver only had 1 HDMI port capable of HDCP 2.2 and 4K signals (Onkyo TX-NR1030). I upgraded to the Marantz SR7013.
post #17130 of 17559 Old 03-13-2019, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Add another to the list of dead units. 11 months old, already time for a warranty claim. Kinda infuriating. Instantly have gone from recommending it to warning folks about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5040ub power , atmos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page