Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread - Page 578 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26951Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #17311 of 18077 Old 04-30-2019, 03:04 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmattyb View Post
Mine does that every once in a while too. Not every time though. I'm not sure what the projector is doing but it will blast the fan a full speed for up to a minute then the bulb comes on. Maybe it's trying to remove dust or something? I'm not really sure.
I apologize for the bad English
I own the European model TW9300 and sometimes I also have the fan problem on power up.
I put a thermometer near the vpr. I noticed that the problem occurs when the temperature near the vpr exceeds 25 C °.
It could be that the VPR starts the fan to lower the temperature inside it before turning on the lamp.
monkaquinas likes this.
Gabriello is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17312 of 18077 Old 04-30-2019, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
sddp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 406
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 127
5040 on a 2.35:1 playing XBOX Star Wars Battlefront Ii

Anyone here using this projector on a 2.35:1 screen and play Star Wars Battlefront II on the XBOX?

wanted to know if you only get black bars on the sides?
and other annoying issues?

EPSON 5040UBE | DENON X6400H | XBOX ONE X\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 GEN 2 |EMOTIVA XPA-3 GEN 3 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
9.3.4 SURROUND SYSTEM ALL KLIPSCH | L&R RF-7II | CENTER RC64II |FRONT HEIGHTS 2 x RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-62II | 4 ATMOS CDT-5800 | SUBS R112SW & 2 x R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-5000S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
sddp is offline  
post #17313 of 18077 Old 05-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Member
 
mswoods1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just upgraded to an Epson 5040UB from a Panasonic AE8000U and the difference is astounding! I wasn't expecting much of a difference because the stats on the two projectors are mostly the same. I mainly upgraded for additional features of the Epson, but a few things I've noticed:

  • Color seems a lot better. Blacks appear blacker and colors more vibrant.
  • UHD content is so much better than HD content. I have a 140" 2.35:1 screen and HD content looks like standard def when blown up to that size. Now I only want to watch UHD content.
  • Upscaling of HD content is better than Panny
  • Fan noise is better. Not too much quieter, but the panny had a higher pitched fan noise which drove me crazy.
mswoods1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17314 of 18077 Old 05-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Member
 
Deejay Freddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswoods1 View Post
I just upgraded to an Epson 5040UB from a Panasonic AE8000U and the difference is astounding! I wasn't expecting much of a difference because the stats on the two projectors are mostly the same. I mainly upgraded for additional features of the Epson, but a few things I've noticed:

  • Color seems a lot better. Blacks appear blacker and colors more vibrant.
  • UHD content is so much better than HD content. I have a 140" 2.35:1 screen and HD content looks like standard def when blown up to that size. Now I only want to watch UHD content.
  • Upscaling of HD content is better than Panny
  • Fan noise is better. Not too much quieter, but the panny had a higher pitched fan noise which drove me crazy.

I too came from a Panny AE8000U, I noticed the fan is much louder on the epson for me.
Archaea likes this.

7.2.4|Klipsch RP-280F|RC-64III|2 RP-402S SL/SR|2 RP-402S Backs|4 SVS Elevations ATMOS|2 Klipsch R-115SW|SANUS CFR2136 Rack|2 AC Infinity Cloudplate T2|Marantz SR7013|Emotiva XPA-7 GEN 3|Outlaw Model 5000|Panamax M-5300-PM|Monster HTS 3600|Epson 5040UB|Logitech Harmony ELITE|NVIDIA Shield PRO|Xbox One X|Sony PS4|HTPC I7 KODI|
Deejay Freddy is offline  
post #17315 of 18077 Old 05-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Member
 
evanft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I just picked up a open box 5040ub. Does anyone have any settings using the Eco power mode? I'm in a completely light controlled room with a 100" screen, so I don't need the full output of high or medium.
evanft is offline  
post #17316 of 18077 Old 05-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
DavidinGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 664
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal33 View Post
I happen to take a couple of pics (Aquaman 4K disc) last night with the HDR Optimizer On and Off on the 820. These aren't the greatest pics or the best example, but it does show a difference, so hopefully it helps. With the Optimizer Off, the white was blown out. With it On, you can see detail in the white. (It is more noticeable in person, or course.)



Epson Settings

Super White: Off

Dynamic Range: Auto (Bright)



Panny Settings

Output: HDR2020

Dynamic Range Adjustment: 4



*The thing I found out was that I needed to have Super White Off in the Epson to show the effect of the HDR Optimizer. With...

- Super White On and HDR Optimizer On = less detail in white, similar to the 1st pic below

- Super White On and HDR Optimizer Off = detail did show in white, similar to the 2nd pic below



I may be wrong, but from what I read it seems that with Super White On, the Epson tries to prevent blown out whites. So with SW On, along with the Optimizer On, it does not produce as much detail in the whites because they're both trying to prevent blown out whites. I'll test some more tonight on that theory, but maybe others can too. Basically the HDR Optimizer worked better when Super White was set to Off in the Epson.



My next thing will be to have Super White Off and the Panny set to output SDR2020. I haven't tested that yet. (I did watch Aquaman and Bumblebee with the Panny outputting SDR2020, but I had Super White On for those movies.)
Viewing on my phone, it looks like hdr OFF looks way better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------------------
Source: HTPC w/madVR, Video: Epson 5040, 150" 16:9, Audio: Onkyo RZ 830 avr, 5.1.4 Atmos setup. 5 speaker Energy C Series: L/R C300's, C C-C100, SR/SL C50's, 4 in-ceiling Micca R-8c. Subwoofer: MiniMarty um18 w/NX3000D.
DavidinGA is offline  
post #17317 of 18077 Old 05-01-2019, 02:43 PM
Member
 
Polish Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post
What issue did you hear about the 5040 nd the XBOX?


I had the XBOX One S on the 5040 and then got the XBOX ONE X when it came out and have no issues using it on the 5040UBE. I use it for gaming and movies
The other folks summed it up pretty well. What I'm trying to figure out is just how much of an issue it actually is for me. I don't really do much gaming at this point in my life. If/when I use the XBOX it is to stream Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, or to send something from my Plex server. I didn't know how much HDR content was used on Netflix or Amazon so didn't know if it would even impact me. We will occasionally watch BluRays on the XBOX as well, but not too often. Based on all that, do you folks think this issue is something I should be worried about?

To the person that mentioned the 5050UB, I just read a review on it. Sounds nice (and a little more future-proofed) but I have to figure out if a 50% jump in price is worth it at this time.
Polish Hammer is offline  
post #17318 of 18077 Old 05-01-2019, 02:45 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question

[quote=imagic;57953720]Looking for home theater enthusiasts to join us in NYC on May 7... register if you can attend.

Hello all,

I am a lurker interested in purchasing my first projector. I've been trying to choose between the HT3550 and the Epson models (4010/5040/5050), with some other models popping up here and there, and at the moment I am leaning towards an Epson. I created an account to register for the above event as I am located in Brooklyn and would very much love to see the 5050 in action. Does anyone know when the invitations/confirmations will be sent out? If I am not selected to attend, I might just focus on picking up a secondhand 5040 on eBay in the next couple of days; there's one I've been keeping my eye on and I am mostly ready to pull the trigger. Thanks for any info you are able to provide!
doctorsamadams is offline  
post #17319 of 18077 Old 05-01-2019, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
darkangelism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I think I need to replace the bulb soon, image is dimmer and at 3400 hours, prices seem all over the place, is their a preferred place?
darkangelism is offline  
post #17320 of 18077 Old 05-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
AdamAttewell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 970
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
I think I need to replace the bulb soon, image is dimmer and at 3400 hours, prices seem all over the place, is their a preferred place?

Got mine from Epson direct myself but I am in the UK.
AdamAttewell is online now  
post #17321 of 18077 Old 05-02-2019, 05:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelism View Post
I think I need to replace the bulb soon, image is dimmer and at 3400 hours, prices seem all over the place, is their a preferred place?
I just replaced mine about a month ago, ordered from B&H. They are an authorized Epson dealer and have OEM bulbs. The process is super easy. Picked up a couple of replacement air filters as well.
urcha is offline  
post #17322 of 18077 Old 05-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Hammer View Post
Hey everyone, I'm considering replacing my 13+ year old Panny PT-AE900u with the Epson 5040ub. Simply put right now I'll be running an Xbox One S and Xfinity cable through a Yamaha TSR 7850 into the projector. BluRay and PLEX media will be played through the Xbox, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video can run through the Xbox or the cable box. I've read about some issues with the Xbox and this particular projector, but I can't figure out if that just has to do with gaming or some other issue. Can you good folks help me understand the upside/downside to what I'm proposing here? Any suggestions? Any articles or things I should read to help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance!
I'm using an Xbox One S with this projector. The HDMI input is limited to 10Gbps, which limits the 4K signal. I'd go with the new 5050ub.
Darrell Money is offline  
post #17323 of 18077 Old 05-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Member
 
Willy212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 46
can anyone recommend me some 3d glasses being sold on amazon?
under 60$ i'm thinking of trying out "Hi-SHOCK 3D Active Glasses Scarlet Heaven"
since it does have big lens most 3d glasses have small ones .
Willy212 is offline  
post #17324 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tlogan6797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 5,342
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy212 View Post
can anyone recommend me some 3d glasses being sold on amazon?
under 60$ i'm thinking of trying out "Hi-SHOCK 3D Active Glasses Scarlet Heaven"
since it does have big lens most 3d glasses have small ones .
I bought the Epson branded glasses and they work great. Please post a review if you try these. They are about half the price if the Epsons, so it would be nice to find good glasses that are cheaper when it comes time to replace.
Willy212 likes this.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends

Need motivation? Get LOGANED
The Yellow Dog Cinema and Draft House
tlogan6797 is offline  
post #17325 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 6,418
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1326 Post(s)
Liked: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy212 View Post
can anyone recommend me some 3d glasses being sold on amazon? Under 60$ i'm thinking of trying out "Hi-SHOCK 3D Active Glasses Scarlet Heaven" since it does have big lens most 3d glasses have small ones .
About your only option is to try a pair and if they work buy more. Unfortunately what has happened during the past year or two is that many 3D glasses manufacturers have dropped out of the market. I was able to purchase 5 pairs of ValueView 3D glasses in January 2018 but now it's a brand that's no longer marketed. A good part of the blame can be put on Hollywood and HDTV manufacturers dropping out of the 3D game.


All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #17326 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Member
 
PeterOrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thumbs Up for Epson

Purchased 5040ub in March 2018. My bulb failed at 1402 hours, always set on eco mode= should last 3000+ hours. Called Epson and they agreed an early failure although bulb warranty is only 90 days. They shipped me a new bulb overnight at no cost.


My second Epson and will continue to purchase from this company!
Mr.G and old corps like this.
PeterOrr is offline  
post #17327 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
rfb6435's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ area
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlogan6797 View Post
I bought the Epson branded glasses and they work great. Please post a review if you try these. They are about half the price if the Epsons, so it would be nice to find good glasses that are cheaper when it comes time to replace.
I use Samsung SSG-3100GB glasses which work great. They are usually available for $20 or less on ebay. I see a bunch of broken ones for repair so they do apparently break but I haven't had it happen yet and they are cheap enough to where it isn't a big concern (just buy a backup pair or two).

I tend to use these instead of the authentic epson glasses because I like the lack of the bottom frame. I also started wearing glasses last year and these tend to fit over my glasses better than the epson ones.

These use a CR2025 battery but I am able to squeeze in a CR2032 instead for extra capacity. I actually like that they use a normal battery especially when I have friends over because I don't have to worry about whether or not the 3rd/4th/5th pair of glasses are charged up or not.

I also have a pair of 3Active glasses which work well too but they are kind of big and clunky.

-Rich
tlogan6797 likes this.

Quad Marantz AVR 9.2.(4+2) Atmos/DTS:X using Dual sr7010's + Dual scAtmos nr1403's
Marantz MM8003 150W/ch Amplifier Driving (L/C/R/SL/SR/SBL/SBR)
HTD Speakers L3 Tower L/R, L3 Center, Dual 12" L3 Subs, L2 Tower SL/SR, L2 Bkshlf SBL/SBR, Flat Panel WL/WR, Angled 6.5" In Ceiling FH/RH, 8" In Ceiling TM
Epson 5040UB Faux-K/3D with 106" Multi-Format Screen.
rfb6435 is offline  
post #17328 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 03:20 PM
Senior Member
 
rfb6435's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Phoenix, AZ area
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmattyb View Post
Mine does that every once in a while too. Not every time though. I'm not sure what the projector is doing but it will blast the fan a full speed for up to a minute then the bulb comes on. Maybe it's trying to remove dust or something? I'm not really sure.
Mine also just started doing this.... It seems like it adds a minute or more to the startup time before the lamp turns on.

Has anyone figured out what it is?

Perhaps I should check the dust filter?

-Rich

Quad Marantz AVR 9.2.(4+2) Atmos/DTS:X using Dual sr7010's + Dual scAtmos nr1403's
Marantz MM8003 150W/ch Amplifier Driving (L/C/R/SL/SR/SBL/SBR)
HTD Speakers L3 Tower L/R, L3 Center, Dual 12" L3 Subs, L2 Tower SL/SR, L2 Bkshlf SBL/SBR, Flat Panel WL/WR, Angled 6.5" In Ceiling FH/RH, 8" In Ceiling TM
Epson 5040UB Faux-K/3D with 106" Multi-Format Screen.
rfb6435 is offline  
post #17329 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Senior Member
 
darkangelism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb6435 View Post
Mine also just started doing this.... It seems like it adds a minute or more to the startup time before the lamp turns on.

Has anyone figured out what it is?

Perhaps I should check the dust filter?

-Rich
I think it is doing a full power on versus a suspend, for me it always happens after power outages.
darkangelism is offline  
post #17330 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 10:40 PM
Member
 
filipp2442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone know if this mount will work with the 5040UB? This is my old mount on my Optima and I just ordered a 5040UB; https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8801
filipp2442 is offline  
post #17331 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 10:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,207
Mentioned: 625 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3887 Post(s)
Liked: 3688
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post
Anyone here using this projector on a 2.35:1 screen and play Star Wars Battlefront II on the XBOX?



wanted to know if you only get black bars on the sides?

and other annoying issues?


Yes you’ll get black bars on the sides when displaying 16x9 content on a 2.35:1 screen. There is no question there. That’s the way it works.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Archaea is online now  
post #17332 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 10:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,207
Mentioned: 625 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3887 Post(s)
Liked: 3688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay Freddy View Post
I too came from a Panny AE8000U, I noticed the fan is much louder on the epson for me.


Same here

And coming from a Panasonic with 1700 hours the Epson 5040UB is a slight tick up. Not a massive improvement IMO.

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Archaea is online now  
post #17333 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 10:55 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,207
Mentioned: 625 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3887 Post(s)
Liked: 3688
Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipp2442 View Post
Anyone know if this mount will work with the 5040UB? This is my old mount on my Optima and I just ordered a 5040UB; https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8801


That’s junk and no.

I’ve used that mount before. Never again.



Buy a Chief mount. You can get one on eBay for $70 ish. Well designed, solid, you could hang on the thing. Set screws to dial and lock in adjustment with precision on all three axis.

https://www.legrandav.com/search?tab...bc&brand=Chief

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric

Last edited by Archaea; 05-07-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Archaea is online now  
post #17334 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Member
 
filipp2442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
That’s junk and no.

I’ve used that mount before. Never again.



Buy a Chief mount. You can get one on eBay for $70 ish. Well designed, solid, you could hang on the thing. Set screws to dial and lock in adjustment with precision on all three axis.

https://www.legrandav.com/search?tab...bc&brand=Chief
Ugh, I was really hoping to not have to make new holes/patch/etc since it'll be expensive for me to pay for someone to do that. Are there any Amazon mounts that are $50-$80 that are recommended? Would prefer to just get it with 2 day shipping.
filipp2442 is offline  
post #17335 of 18077 Old 05-07-2019, 11:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Can FI be activated on 24hz refresh rate on 24 (23.976) fps material?

Does it need a higher refresh rate than the fps of the material to be interpolated?
noob00224 is online now  
post #17336 of 18077 Old 05-08-2019, 04:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
roland6465's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NC, USA
Posts: 1,574
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipp2442 View Post
Ugh, I was really hoping to not have to make new holes/patch/etc since it'll be expensive for me to pay for someone to do that. Are there any Amazon mounts that are $50-$80 that are recommended? Would prefer to just get it with 2 day shipping.

If you want to hang your $2000 projector with a $50 mount just for the shipping time, more power to ya. I liken it to someone with a $1000 iPhone who won't buy an Otterbox because they're $60. You get what you pay for.
roland6465 is online now  
post #17337 of 18077 Old 05-08-2019, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tlogan6797's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 5,342
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb6435 View Post
I use Samsung SSG-3100GB glasses which work great. They are usually available for $20 or less on ebay. I see a bunch of broken ones for repair so they do apparently break but I haven't had it happen yet and they are cheap enough to where it isn't a big concern (just buy a backup pair or two).

I tend to use these instead of the authentic epson glasses because I like the lack of the bottom frame. I also started wearing glasses last year and these tend to fit over my glasses better than the epson ones.

These use a CR2025 battery but I am able to squeeze in a CR2032 instead for extra capacity. I actually like that they use a normal battery especially when I have friends over because I don't have to worry about whether or not the 3rd/4th/5th pair of glasses are charged up or not.

I also have a pair of 3Active glasses which work well too but they are kind of big and clunky.

-Rich
These really work with the Epson 5040? The Epson 5040 is RF and these are blue tooth. I thought they were different frequencies and incompatible. Maybe the RF is a hidden feature?

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends

Need motivation? Get LOGANED
The Yellow Dog Cinema and Draft House
tlogan6797 is offline  
post #17338 of 18077 Old 05-08-2019, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 616
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
Can FI be activated on 24hz refresh rate on 24 (23.976) fps material?

Does it need a higher refresh rate than the fps of the material to be interpolated?
According to the manual the refresh rate needs to be set at 24hz.

How can it create extra frames if the source is also 24hz?
Does the projector in this mode increase the actual refresh rate?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	2564168  
noob00224 is online now  
post #17339 of 18077 Old 05-08-2019, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 11,207
Mentioned: 625 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3887 Post(s)
Liked: 3688
Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipp2442 View Post
Ugh, I was really hoping to not have to make new holes/patch/etc since it'll be expensive for me to pay for someone to do that. Are there any Amazon mounts that are $50-$80 that are recommended? Would prefer to just get it with 2 day shipping.


Here’s what you want.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132832787032

I do not know the seller or have anything to gain by linking this. It’s just a simple eBay search and good price. MSRP is $300 on that mount and it’s worth MSRP. At $50ish it’s a no brainer.

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
Archaea is online now  
post #17340 of 18077 Old 05-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Member
 
filipp2442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Here’s what you want.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132832787032

I do not know the seller or have anything to gain by linking this. It’s just a simple eBay search and good price. MSRP is $300 on that mount and it’s worth MSRP. At $50ish it’s a no brainer.
Made an offer of $25 to another seller for it and he took it so got the Chief CHF2500 for $25 + $20 shipping. I hope everything works out with the ceiling and the 5040 I ordered...
Archaea likes this.
filipp2442 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5040ub power , atmos

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off