Dominic is correct.
1. Make a baseline measurement first.
2. Adjust your brightness and contrast using clipping patterns.
3. 2 point grayscale (rgb gain/offset) to dial in color temp (you can also use the color temp setting on the Epson to get it close before adjusting the RGB)
4. 11 or 21 point grayscale/gamma - what you're doing here is adjusting the gamma sliders to get Y to match target Y
5. Go back to 3 and repeat until your dE w/gamma is good
Make sure that the iris is off, and use windowed patterns (50% or less) rather than full screen.
There are lots of other things to be aware of when calibrating but those items are better suited to the calibration forums. If you're using hcfr there are good guides here on AVSforum.
Denon AVR-X3400H + Mirage OMD-5 surrounds
Home-made Hybrid PCB Electrostatic Floorstanding L+R Speakers (with built-in DSP + amps)
Home-made sub with 15" Ultimax woofer, Dayton SA1000 Amp
Sony PS4, Sony UBP-X800, Panasonic DP-UB820
Last edited by jt7272; 06-27-2019 at 05:30 PM.