Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread - Page 651 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27420Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #19501 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 05:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
So I got the Linker all set up and hooked up, and it works. It plays my games in 4K HDR but to be honest, it looks the same without it. I also tried Netflix, mainly with the movie Bright. Same thing, looks the same with or without. While watching a 4K HDR Blu-Ray, when I mainly check and uncheck HDR in the Xbox settings, I then see a difference.
That's because the Linker removes HDR and allows you to run 4K 60Hz.

What you should be doing is running it in SDR WCG then you see the difference due to Rec2020 being passed and HDR stripped. That's how I used to run my LS10000.
According to the info in my projector, it's running 4k60 HDR 8 bit.
VinnieB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19502 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 05:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
So I got the Linker all set up and hooked up, and it works. It plays my games in 4K HDR but to be honest, it looks the same without it. I also tried Netflix, mainly with the movie Bright. Same thing, looks the same with or without. While watching a 4K HDR Blu-Ray, when I mainly check and uncheck HDR in the Xbox settings, I then see a difference.
That's because the Linker removes HDR and allows you to run 4K 60Hz.

What you should be doing is running it in SDR WCG then you see the difference due to Rec2020 being passed and HDR stripped. That's how I used to run my LS10000.
According to the info in my projector, it's running 4k60 HDR 8 bit.
How would I set the linker up to do that?
VinnieB is offline  
post #19503 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
muad'dib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,415
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
This will 100% work? Does anybody here have this and can confirm it works?
I have the vertex (same as linker but more options etc) and yes it works great.... I use for Xbox one x and Ps4 pro... I get full 4k60 HDR..

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Last edited by muad'dib; 06-02-2020 at 05:49 AM.
muad'dib is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19504 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 05:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
This will 100% work? Does anybody here have this and can confirm it works?
I have the vertex (same as linker but more options etc) and yes it works great.... I use for xboxnone x and Ps4 pro... I get full 4k60 HDR..

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
Yeah, I got it and it works but I see no difference between 4k60 8 bit HDR and 4k60 8 bit SDR. I took a game, gears 5 and paused it on a very high contrast scene and switched from using the link and not, no difference at all. Also tried Bright from Netflix, gas station scene. No difference.
VinnieB is offline  
post #19505 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
muad'dib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,415
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
Yeah, I got it and it works but I see no difference between 4k60 8 bit HDR and 4k60 8 bit SDR. I took a game, gears 5 and paused it on a very high contrast scene and switched from using the link and not, no difference at all. Also tried Bright from Netflix, gas station scene. No difference.
Some games (most) allow you to set HDR brightness in game.. Most games are too high.. So washed out... Use the setting in games to dial in... It makes a huge difference..

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
muad'dib is offline  
post #19506 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 05:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
Yeah, I got it and it works but I see no difference between 4k60 8 bit HDR and 4k60 8 bit SDR. I took a game, gears 5 and paused it on a very high contrast scene and switched from using the link and not, no difference at all. Also tried Bright from Netflix, gas station scene. No difference.
Some games (most) allow you to set HDR brightness in game.. Most games are too high.. So washed out... Use the setting in games to dial in... It makes a huge difference..

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
Yeah, done that too. Also with that 4k HDR demo called insects. Still no difference.
VinnieB is offline  
post #19507 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib View Post
I have the vertex (same as linker but more options etc) and yes it works great.... I use for Xbox one x and Ps4 pro... I get full 4k60 HDR..

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
But what color space do you get? What bit rate?

EPSON TW-9300 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, DIY Subs 18" 24hz tune and 12" 17hz tune Panasonic UB900, HTPC, etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post50298297
Bandyka is online now  
post #19508 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
Yeah, I got it and it works but I see no difference between 4k60 8 bit HDR and 4k60 8 bit SDR. I took a game, gears 5 and paused it on a very high contrast scene and switched from using the link and not, no difference at all. Also tried Bright from Netflix, gas station scene. No difference.
Because you are most likely not getting HDR at all. All you get is 4K 60p. that's all you should get really.

Post your projector info page here. Screenshot.
Archaea likes this.

EPSON TW-9300 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, DIY Subs 18" 24hz tune and 12" 17hz tune Panasonic UB900, HTPC, etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post50298297
Bandyka is online now  
post #19509 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
Yeah, I got it and it works but I see no difference between 4k60 8 bit HDR and 4k60 8 bit SDR. I took a game, gears 5 and paused it on a very high contrast scene and switched from using the link and not, no difference at all. Also tried Bright from Netflix, gas station scene. No difference.
Because you are most likely not getting HDR at all. All you get is 4K 60p.

Post your projector info page here. Screenshot.
I'm not home ATM but it definitely was in HDR. Info screen said 4:2:0 bt2020 8 bit HDR. Whenever I loaded up Netflix or an HDR game, the signal would drop out then come back on and info screen displayed HDR.
VinnieB is offline  
post #19510 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
muad'dib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,415
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
But what color space do you get? What bit rate?
I'm getting 8bit..

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
muad'dib is offline  
post #19511 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by muad'dib View Post
I'm getting 8bit..

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
That's good so that's it you are getting the max out of the PJ. However the biggest difference UHD can make IMO is WCG not HDR. That is why a lot of folks strip HDR using the LInker and watch SDR WCG but that can't be done at 60p on this PJ.

EPSON TW-9300 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, DIY Subs 18" 24hz tune and 12" 17hz tune Panasonic UB900, HTPC, etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post50298297
Bandyka is online now  
post #19512 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
I'm not home ATM but it definitely was in HDR. Info screen said 4:2:0 bt2020 8 bit HDR. Whenever I loaded up Netflix or an HDR game, the signal would drop out then come back on and info screen displayed HDR.
Kool please post it here when you get a chance and also your picture preset you are using.

EPSON TW-9300 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, DIY Subs 18" 24hz tune and 12" 17hz tune Panasonic UB900, HTPC, etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post50298297
Bandyka is online now  
post #19513 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
I'm not home ATM but it definitely was in HDR. Info screen said 4:2:0 bt2020 8 bit HDR. Whenever I loaded up Netflix or an HDR game, the signal would drop out then come back on and info screen displayed HDR.
Kool please post it here when you get a chance and also your picture preset you are using.
Will do.
VinnieB is offline  
post #19514 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
muad'dib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,415
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
That's good so that's it you are getting the max out of the PJ. However the biggest difference UHD can make IMO is WCG not HDR. That is why a lot of folks strip HDR using the LInker and watch SDR WCG but that can't be done at 60p on this PJ.
I agree..

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
muad'dib is offline  
post #19515 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 7,778
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Because you are most likely not getting HDR at all. All you get is 4K 60p. that's all you should get really.

Post your projector info page here. Screenshot.
why do you keep saying this? The entire point of buying the Linker for $200 is to be able to use 8-bit HDR with 4k/60.

Shadow Theater Build: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-dedicated-theater-design-construction/3141596-shadow-theater-build.html
b_scott is offline  
post #19516 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
why do you keep saying this? The entire point of buying the Linker for $200 is to be able to use 8-bit HDR with 4k/60.
Because that is the reality mate. I've been through this multiple times years ago with a number of top end projectors.
HDR is the smaller part of the improvement that UHD has to offer that is the truth, saying that HDR does look awesome even without WCG 12bit. However the main purpose of hte Linker was to enable SDR WCG that was its main development point when projectors were far and few capable of doing full 18gbps.

This is why I am saying it

EPSON TW-9300 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, DIY Subs 18" 24hz tune and 12" 17hz tune Panasonic UB900, HTPC, etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post50298297
Bandyka is online now  
post #19517 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 7,778
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Because that is the reality mate. I've been through this multiple times years ago with a number of top end projectors.
HDR is the smaller part of the improvement that UHD has to offer that is the truth, saying that HDR does look awesome even without WCG 12bit. However the main purpose of hte Linker was to enable SDR WCG that was its main development point when projectors were far and few capable of doing full 18gbps.

This is why I am saying it
Except you do get HDR in 8bit. So I'm not sure why you're saying you shouldn't be getting it.

Shadow Theater Build: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-dedicated-theater-design-construction/3141596-shadow-theater-build.html
b_scott is offline  
post #19518 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
Except you do get HDR in 8bit. So I'm not sure why you're saying you shouldn't be getting it.
Yes you do, perhaps you misunderstood what I am saying or expressed myself wrong.

EPSON TW-9300 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, DIY Subs 18" 24hz tune and 12" 17hz tune Panasonic UB900, HTPC, etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post50298297
Bandyka is online now  
post #19519 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,518
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1973 Post(s)
Liked: 601
I don't believe you can get WCG without HDR. The signal needs to be tone mapped to get SDR, but the source is still HDR.
noob00224 is online now  
post #19520 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 7,778
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Yes you do, perhaps you misunderstood what I am saying or expressed myself wrong.
Maybe you're trying to say "that's not the reason to use the Linker so if you do get HDR cool but if you don't then oh well because I don't feel that's the reason for the Linker anyway"

Shadow Theater Build: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-dedicated-theater-design-construction/3141596-shadow-theater-build.html
b_scott is offline  
post #19521 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
I don't believe you can get WCG without HDR. The signal needs to be tone mapped to get SDR, but the source is still HDR.
Of course you can. I was one of the very first ones years ago who trialed it. Look at my LS10000 WCG settings in my signature. This is a very old topic, SDR WCG has been well established and is being used widely. Look up the Madvr SDR WCG topic on this forum as well.

SDR WCG is considered some of the best looking UHD images on a projector to date.

EPSON TW-9300 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, DIY Subs 18" 24hz tune and 12" 17hz tune Panasonic UB900, HTPC, etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post50298297
Bandyka is online now  
post #19522 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 09:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3,518
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1973 Post(s)
Liked: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Of course you can. I was one of the very first ones years ago who trialed it. Look at my LS10000 WCG settings in my signature. This is a very old topic, SDR WCG has been well established and is being used widely. Look up the Madvr SDR WCG topic on this forum as well.

SDR WCG is considered some of the best looking UHD images on a projector to date.
If you're referring to the tone mapping feature of madvr, that needs a HDR source.
noob00224 is online now  
post #19523 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,223
Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2522 Post(s)
Liked: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
If you're referring to the tone mapping feature of madvr, that needs a HDR source.
I am not.
Regardless SDR WCG is from an HDR source.

EPSON TW-9300 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, DIY Subs 18" 24hz tune and 12" 17hz tune Panasonic UB900, HTPC, etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post50298297
Bandyka is online now  
post #19524 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
First pic is on the Xbox dashboard, none HDR and second pic is with HDR content.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200602_162331_1591129567771.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	2736332   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200602_162416_1591129575555.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	2736334  
VinnieB is offline  
post #19525 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
I'm not home ATM but it definitely was in HDR. Info screen said 4:2:0 bt2020 8 bit HDR. Whenever I loaded up Netflix or an HDR game, the signal would drop out then come back on and info screen displayed HDR.
Kool please post it here when you get a chance and also your picture preset you are using.
Posted.
VinnieB is offline  
post #19526 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Because that is the reality mate. I've been through this multiple times years ago with a number of top end projectors.
HDR is the smaller part of the improvement that UHD has to offer that is the truth, saying that HDR does look awesome even without WCG 12bit. However the main purpose of hte Linker was to enable SDR WCG that was its main development point when projectors were far and few capable of doing full 18gbps.

This is why I am saying it
So how do I set the fury up to get SDR WCG?
VinnieB is offline  
post #19527 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 06:30 PM
Newbie
 
ace11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello All,

New entry to this forum. I currently have Xbox one S connected to 5040UB. AVR is Marantz SR6014 (HDCP 2.3). Screen 125 Elite Spectrum (White)

For watching Netflix via Xbox one S:
- Should I get HD Fury Linker for Xbox One S for watching Netflix or there won't be any notable difference?
or
- Get a Panasonic UB420/820/9000. Do I still need to buy HD Fury Linker along with Panasonic player?

I noticing blurry watching movies. Any specific suggestions on calibration to reduce blurriness. Currently using default with Dynamic.

I plan to test the calibrations suggested by Inspector.

Last edited by ace11; 06-02-2020 at 06:41 PM.
ace11 is offline  
post #19528 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 07:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
inspector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Menifee, CA , USA
Posts: 1,487
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace11 View Post
Hello All,

New entry to this forum. I currently have Xbox one S connected to 5040UB. AVR is Marantz SR6014 (HDCP 2.3). Screen 125 Elite Spectrum (White)

For watching Netflix via Xbox one S:
- Should I get HD Fury Linker for Xbox One S for watching Netflix or there won't be any notable difference?
or
- Get a Panasonic UB420/820/9000. Do I still need to buy HD Fury Linker along with Panasonic player?

I noticing blurry watching movies. Any specific suggestions on calibration to reduce blurriness. Currently using default with Dynamic.

I plan to test the calibrations suggested by Inspector.

Watched SUPERMAN THE MOVIE in UHD yesterday and it looked super. Just got done watching TAZA, SON OF COCHISE and it looked beautiful!!!


SUPERMAN using Natural UHD and TAZA using Dynamic 3D.

...finally retired and spending time in my dedicated HT!!!

SPARKSPLEX HT - Epson 6040 3D/4K UB Projector; 110" .09 16x9 Dalite HD Progressive Screen; Sammy 3D/4K K8500 (r-free); Panny ub420; 7.2.4. Def Tech speakers, Earthquake P12v2 Subs; Auto Source 100vs Amp; Denon 4300H; MX990 Remote; .
inspector is offline  
post #19529 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 08:27 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need Help with 6040UB and HDMI

Just purchased an Epson 6040UB and a Monoprice 8k 50' HDMI cable to go with it. When attempting to play my Sony BDP-S570 1080P Blu-ray thru my Onkyo TX-SR707 Receiver, the Epson won't display picture. If I connect the Sony directly to Epson, using same 8k HDMI cable, picture works fine. Any suggestions on the cause of my problem? Receiver too old (HDMI 1.3a) for Epson? Is the Monoprice 8k HDMI cable not backwards compatible with 1.3? Or, could this just be a HDCP handshaking issue?

And yes I know I need to replace my 10 yr old receiver, but was hoping to get Epson setup up interim before I dump some more cash.

Thanks in advance.
JoelS is offline  
post #19530 of 19799 Old 06-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Sorli View Post
Just purchased an Epson 6040UB and a Monoprice 8k 50' HDMI cable to go with it. When attempting to play my Sony BDP-S570 1080P Blu-ray thru my Onkyo TX-SR707 Receiver, the Epson won't display picture. If I connect the Sony directly to Epson, using same 8k HDMI cable, picture works fine. Any suggestions on the cause of my problem? Receiver too old (HDMI 1.3a) for Epson? Is the Monoprice 8k HDMI cable not backwards compatible with 1.3? Or, could this just be a HDCP handshaking issue?

And yes I know I need to replace my 10 yr old receiver, but was hoping to get Epson setup up interim before I dump some more cash.

Thanks in advance.
I would buy an active HDMI running that long, also I don't believe any real 8K cables are not. Installbay makes a nice active HDMI cable.
VinnieB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5040ub power , atmos , filter

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off