Official Epson 5040ub/6040ub owners thread - Page 660 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27438Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #19771 of 19871 Old 06-28-2020, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Grayson73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Potomac, MD
Posts: 1,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Regarding 709 vs BT 2020, do you guys set the color space to "Auto" and let the source decide? Do you have specific presets for 709 vs. 2020?

I've only been using two presets. One for SDR and one for HDR.
Grayson73 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19772 of 19871 Old 06-28-2020, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
Morphx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegg View Post
You're definitely have the right equipment. Your Panasonic will do HDR, see this post for awesome setup, fairly straightforward procedure. Unfortunately I don't have ub420 for exact settings on it, but even without it I am getting amazing picture on 4K HDR content from my shield tv pro.
What's your 4k HDR settings for the shield?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Morphx2 is offline  
post #19773 of 19871 Old 06-28-2020, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Morphx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 25
What's the go to non expensive 3d glasses to get now a days?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Morphx2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19774 of 19871 Old 06-28-2020, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
inspector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Menifee, CA , USA
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 201
https://www.amazon.com/Elikliv-Bluet...ronics&sr=1-20

...finally retired and spending time in my dedicated HT!!!

SPARKSPLEX HT - Epson 6040 3D/4K UB Projector; 110" .09 16x9 Dalite HD Progressive Screen; Sammy 3D/4K K8500 (r-free); Panny ub420; 7.2.4. Def Tech speakers, Earthquake P12v2 Subs; Auto Source 100vs Amp; Denon 4300H; MX990 Remote; .
inspector is offline  
post #19775 of 19871 Old 06-28-2020, 11:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 2,148
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 797
So I decided to try and hook up my tried and true Darbee into the mix. I had my Panny UB420 set to 1080P so that it would play nice with the Darbee as well as making sure that 4K enhancement would be on for the Epson. The pics are from 2 Fast 2 Furious (don't judge me, it's my guilty pleasure). The first pic is with the Darbee off, and the second is with the Darbee on. Note the detail in the blazer. It's not the greatest example, but it's what I was watching tonight and I was excited about it so I thought I'd share. I find the detail/contrast is definitely improved and I'm super impressed that it works with 4K Blu Ray. Open in multiple tabs to A/B them and see what you think.



bluer101 likes this.

Gear: The Brains: Anthem MRX 720. The Brawn: Outlaw 7700. The Fun: Custom PC w/ Logitech 27 & reverse mount pedals, Nintendo Switch, Playstation PS4 Pro. The Visuals: Panny UB420, Epson 6040UB, Panamorph UH480, DIY 138" Curved screen using Semour Centerstage XD AT material. The Audio: 7.1.4: LCR: Tannoy DC12i. Sides: Tannoy IW63DC. Rears: Tannoy DC8i. Ceilings: Tannoy CMS 603/601 DCBM. Subs: 3X Micro Marty and 1X Full Marty.
blastermaster is offline  
post #19776 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 05:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
wpbpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Cackalacky
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Is it me, I'm a total noob to 4k and HDR, or does the top pic have more shadow detail and less glare on the face. I think I'd prefer the first pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
So I decided to try and hook up my tried and true Darbee into the mix. I had my Panny UB420 set to 1080P so that it would play nice with the Darbee as well as making sure that 4K enhancement would be on for the Epson. The pics are from 2 Fast 2 Furious (don't judge me, it's my guilty pleasure). The first pic is with the Darbee off, and the second is with the Darbee on. Note the detail in the blazer. It's not the greatest example, but it's what I was watching tonight and I was excited about it so I thought I'd share. I find the detail/contrast is definitely improved and I'm super impressed that it works with 4K Blu Ray. Open in multiple tabs to A/B them and see what you think.



inspector likes this.
wpbpete is offline  
post #19777 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 05:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bluer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,539
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 702 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
So I decided to try and hook up my tried and true Darbee into the mix. I had my Panny UB420 set to 1080P so that it would play nice with the Darbee as well as making sure that 4K enhancement would be on for the Epson. The pics are from 2 Fast 2 Furious (don't judge me, it's my guilty pleasure). The first pic is with the Darbee off, and the second is with the Darbee on. Note the detail in the blazer. It's not the greatest example, but it's what I was watching tonight and I was excited about it so I thought I'd share. I find the detail/contrast is definitely improved and I'm super impressed that it works with 4K Blu Ray. Open in multiple tabs to A/B them and see what you think.



I also bet the pictures don’t do it justice either. That’s why I said I’m completely happy not playing 4K discs for the time being. I’m going to do a new comparison to post here also. Another reason for me is I gave an older receiver (Denon 4520ci) not capable of Atmos either. So I’m perfectly fine without that too for now.
bluer101 is online now  
post #19778 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 05:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphx2 View Post
What's your 4k HDR settings for the shield?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Here are my settings for shield tv pro 2019
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1058.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	2750552   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	2750554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1060.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	2750556  
olegg is online now  
post #19779 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 06:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbpete View Post
Is it me, I'm a total noob to 4k and HDR, or does the top pic have more shadow detail and less glare on the face. I think I'd prefer the first pic.
Same here, I think I prefer it without any enhancements. Probably the reason I disabled AI upscaling in shield tv also.
olegg is online now  
post #19780 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blastermaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Okanagan
Posts: 2,148
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
I also bet the pictures don’t do it justice either. That’s why I said I’m completely happy not playing 4K discs for the time being. I’m going to do a new comparison to post here also. Another reason for me is I gave an older receiver (Denon 4520ci) not capable of Atmos either. So I’m perfectly fine without that too for now.
Yeah, but that's the thing. These ARE 4K discs - the Darbee is just making it better. Also, Atmos is really, really awesome. You don't know what you're missing until you try it.
bluer101 likes this.

Gear: The Brains: Anthem MRX 720. The Brawn: Outlaw 7700. The Fun: Custom PC w/ Logitech 27 & reverse mount pedals, Nintendo Switch, Playstation PS4 Pro. The Visuals: Panny UB420, Epson 6040UB, Panamorph UH480, DIY 138" Curved screen using Semour Centerstage XD AT material. The Audio: 7.1.4: LCR: Tannoy DC12i. Sides: Tannoy IW63DC. Rears: Tannoy DC8i. Ceilings: Tannoy CMS 603/601 DCBM. Subs: 3X Micro Marty and 1X Full Marty.
blastermaster is offline  
post #19781 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
Morphx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegg View Post
Here are my settings for shield tv pro 2019
Any special settings on the projector side too?

Thanks so far!

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Morphx2 is offline  
post #19782 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 07:17 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just got the 5040ub hooked up today and the picture looks extremely washed out -- any suggested settings to combat this? I have a silver ticket acoustically transparent screen, and a door in the back left wall of the rectangular room so there is some ambient light but it does not face the screen. Hooked up via the WirelessHD transmitter and an amazon fire tv 4k stick plugged into receiver.
mikewhyatt is offline  
post #19783 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
Morphx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewhyatt View Post
Just got the 5040ub hooked up today and the picture looks extremely washed out -- any suggested settings to combat this? I have a silver ticket acoustically transparent screen, and a door in the back left wall of the rectangular room so there is some ambient light but it does not face the screen. Hooked up via the WirelessHD transmitter and an amazon fire tv 4k stick plugged into receiver.
Try 1080p sdr and make sure the options are correct in the projector?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Morphx2 is offline  
post #19784 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 07:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphx2 View Post
Any special settings on the projector side too?

Thanks so far!

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
see post 19772, the only thing if you noticed there is greenish/yellowish hue on faces on this projector, which I guess no remedy.
olegg is online now  
post #19785 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Grayson73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Potomac, MD
Posts: 1,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewhyatt View Post
Just got the 5040ub hooked up today and the picture looks extremely washed out -- any suggested settings to combat this? I have a silver ticket acoustically transparent screen, and a door in the back left wall of the rectangular room so there is some ambient light but it does not face the screen. Hooked up via the WirelessHD transmitter and an amazon fire tv 4k stick plugged into receiver.
Try these settings:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58231408
Grayson73 is offline  
post #19786 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 02:23 PM
Member
 
DerKonig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettmckinney View Post
I have some fantastic settings for Digital Cinema mode that using the Panny UB820 doing HDR-SDR conversion. With they dynamic slider pushed up you get the brightness you need and the color filter looks phenominal.
I have the Shield too and unfortunately not finding I can replicate without the Panny doing it's thing. Keeping with Harpervision at the moment and looks great. To my eyes much better than Rec 709 1080p.
I tought bt.2020 was the color filter, i have a really good hdr setting with natural setting are you saying that with digital cinema you have more color?
DerKonig is offline  
post #19787 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 05:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Is total operation time the total hours the projector has on it from when it came out of the box brand new? Just a little confused because I got it as a refurbished unit with zero lamp and operation hours
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200607_125410_1593476441402.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	2750852  
antec121 is offline  
post #19788 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 06:25 PM
Member
 
Brettmckinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerKonig View Post
I tought bt.2020 was the color filter, i have a really good hdr setting with natural setting are you saying that with digital cinema you have more color?
Yes, to engage the DCI - P3 color filter and make the most of BT.2020, you need to be in Digital Cinema mode. In natural you won't be getting the full benefits. It definitely display more natural and deeper colors however you lose some brightness when you go to Digital cinema mode. That's why I use it with the Panny player where I can increase the brightness using the Dynamic Range slider without crushing the whites or losing good blacks.
monkaquinas likes this.
Brettmckinney is offline  
post #19789 of 19871 Old 06-29-2020, 08:19 PM
Senior Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettmckinney View Post
Yes, to engage the DCI - P3 color filter and make the most of BT.2020, you need to be in Digital Cinema mode. In natural you won't be getting the full benefits. It definitely display more natural and deeper colors however you lose some brightness when you go to Digital cinema mode. That's why I use it with the Panny player where I can increase the brightness using the Dynamic Range slider without crushing the whites or losing good blacks.
Natural is for rec.709 and Cinema and Digital Cinema are for rec.2020. If you want wide colour gamut, you need the filter in place,

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
avtoronto is offline  
post #19790 of 19871 Old 06-30-2020, 03:37 AM
Member
 
DerKonig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
Natural is for rec.709 and Cinema and Digital Cinema are for rec.2020. If you want wide colour gamut, you need the filter in place,
Can i use my same custom game to digital cinema, do you have a good setting for digital cinema?
DerKonig is offline  
post #19791 of 19871 Old 06-30-2020, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
Morphx2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Anyone use the hdfury diva for tone mapping?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
Morphx2 is offline  
post #19792 of 19871 Old 06-30-2020, 08:02 AM
Senior Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerKonig View Post
Can i use my same custom game to digital cinema, do you have a good setting for digital cinema?
I recently had the infamous power problem with my unit so am now using a refurb. As a consequence all my settings are gone and I won’t be re-establishing them until I have 100 hours on the bulb. Somewhere back in the mists of time on this thread, there is a pdf with all the different settings people used up to that point in time so that’s useful. Also, for HDR streaming purposes, I highly recommend Harpervision. For disc play, if you’re using a Panasonic player, you can skip Harpervision and use different HDR settings as the players do the tone mapping well.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820
avtoronto is offline  
post #19793 of 19871 Old 06-30-2020, 08:20 AM
Member
 
DerKonig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
Natural is for rec.709 and Cinema and Digital Cinema are for rec.2020. If you want wide colour gamut, you need the filter in place,
What setting are you using for digital cinema?
DerKonig is offline  
post #19794 of 19871 Old 06-30-2020, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
b_scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Posts: 7,855
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
I recently had the infamous power problem with my unit so am now using a refurb. As a consequence all my settings are gone and I won’t be re-establishing them until I have 100 hours on the bulb. Somewhere back in the mists of time on this thread, there is a pdf with all the different settings people used up to that point in time so that’s useful. Also, for HDR streaming purposes, I highly recommend Harpervision. For disc play, if you’re using a Panasonic player, you can skip Harpervision and use different HDR settings as the players do the tone mapping well.
please note, no one knows what Harpervision is, if they are new here. I had to ask around to figure it out. It's here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...l#post58376282

These settings are also popular:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...cond-look.html
b_scott is online now  
post #19795 of 19871 Old 06-30-2020, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
please note, no one knows what Harpervision is, if they are new here. I had to ask around to figure it out. It's here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...l#post58376282

These settings are also popular:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...cond-look.html
The first link uses Bright Cinema which is intended for use in an environment that is not completely dark and it does not use the filter to invoke the rec.2020 colours. Harpervision uses Digital Cinema so these settings are not Harpervision. I don’t have a link handy for them right now but I’m sure you can search the the thread. Oledurt’s Cinema settings were also very good. Sorry, I don’t have the link at hand.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820

Last edited by avtoronto; 06-30-2020 at 09:04 PM.
avtoronto is offline  
post #19796 of 19871 Old 06-30-2020, 09:10 PM
Senior Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
The first link uses Bright Cinema which is intended for use in an environment that is not completely dark and it does not use the filter to invoke the rec.2020 colours. Harpervision uses Digital Cinema so these settings are not Harpervision. I don’t have a link handy for them right now but I’m sure you can search the the thread. Oledurt’s Cinema settings were also very good. Sorry, I don’t have the link at hand.
Here’s the original set for Harpervision:https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...l#post52228017

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820

Last edited by avtoronto; 06-30-2020 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Addition
avtoronto is offline  
post #19797 of 19871 Old 07-01-2020, 08:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 33
WRT the harpervision is this only used for rec 2020 HDR content? Is there a corresponding rec 709 sdr setting that is recommended?

I was impressed with the HDR performance for sure, but when going back to SDR it would be great to not change the memory for picture settings if possible
blazin912 is offline  
post #19798 of 19871 Old 07-01-2020, 08:30 PM
Senior Member
 
avtoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto. Canada
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin912 View Post
WRT the harpervision is this only used for rec 2020 HDR content?


Is there a corresponding rec 709 sdr setting that is recommended?

I was impressed with the HDR performance for sure, but when going back to SDR it would be great to not change the memory for picture settings if possible
Yes

Several have been submitted to the thread but Natural out of the box is pretty good.

Remember with Harpervision to set the dynamic range to SDR so you could leave it like that rather than Auto, but you’ll still need to switch from DC to Natural for SDR.

Elunevision 4K 112" Audioweave motorized screen, Epson Pro Cinema 4040 projector, Emotiva XPA-5 amplifier, Denon AVR X4400h receiver, XTZ M6 LCR, XTZ S5 surround, XTZ 1X12 and Definitive Technology Powerfield subwoofers, RSL C34E Atmos speakers, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB820

Last edited by avtoronto; 07-01-2020 at 08:34 PM.
avtoronto is offline  
post #19799 of 19871 Old 07-01-2020, 08:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoronto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin912 View Post
WRT the harpervision is this only used for rec 2020 HDR content?


Is there a corresponding rec 709 sdr setting that is recommended?

I was impressed with the HDR performance for sure, but when going back to SDR it would be great to not change the memory for picture settings if possible
Yes

Several have been submitted to the thread but Natural out of the box is pretty good.

Remember with Harpervision to set the dynamic range to SDR so you could leave it like that rather than Auto, but you’️ll still need to switch from DC to Natural for SDR.
Damn.. I guess I'll need to dive into changing the memory with a program on my harmony remote
blazin912 is offline  
post #19800 of 19871 Old 07-04-2020, 06:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post
So I decided to try and hook up my tried and true Darbee into the mix. I had my Panny UB420 set to 1080P so that it would play nice with the Darbee as well as making sure that 4K enhancement would be on for the Epson. The pics are from 2 Fast 2 Furious (don't judge me, it's my guilty pleasure). The first pic is with the Darbee off, and the second is with the Darbee on. Note the detail in the blazer. It's not the greatest example, but it's what I was watching tonight and I was excited about it so I thought I'd share. I find the detail/contrast is definitely improved and I'm super impressed that it works with 4K Blu Ray. Open in multiple tabs to A/B them and see what you think.



I am confused about Darbee. So a while back, I poster submitted shots from his Oppo that came with Darbee built in. Results looked amazing, so I thought I'd go window shopping. All that shows on their website is the model DVP-5000S (no stock btw) at $200us. Intrigued, I thought I would wait and consider buying when they finally arrived in stock. Sadly though, I went through the specs and saw that it's only HDMI1.4 compliant. This spec does not appear adequate for the panasonic 820 (nor even your player) and the 5040UB projector. Can you shed some light on bottlenecks created by the HDMI1.4 if any?

Panasonic DP-UB820, Yamaha RX-V1075, Epson 5040UB. Elunevision Reference 4K 125" screen.
marcosphoto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5040ub power , atmos , filter

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off