11ft 16 from back wall to front. Want to rear shelf mount not upside down. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 09-18-2016, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
11ft 2" from back wall to front. Want to rear shelf mount not upside down.

What projector will give me 100 to 110" screen. I have 11 ft 2" from front to back wall.
I want to shelf mount. I dont want to mount upside down.
Front wall is 8ft high back wall about 12ft high

Last edited by jorge007; 09-18-2016 at 09:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-18-2016, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1477 Post(s)
Liked: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge007 View Post
What projector will give me 100 to 110" screen. I have 11ft 16 inches from front to back wall.
I want to shelf mount. I dont want to mount upside down.
Front wall is 8ft high back wall about 12ft high
"11ft 16 inches" ? So ... 12ft 4" ?

How high is the shelf and how high do you want the top of the image ? What is your budget ? Mounting upside down will be a requirement for an entry level (<$1500) projector, and most of the ones that can be upright with the image lower than the top of the screen have larger cases than will fit on a shelf and are $2000+. What will you be watching ? Just 2D movies, 3D movies, gaming, TV ? What does the room look like ? Complete darkness with dark walls and ceilings or a more typical living/family room with beige or white walls and ceilings ? What is you budget ? Are you considering used or only new projectors ?

Kirk Ellis
BenQ TK800 VuTec 122" Screen, Harmon Kardon AVR 247
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center, Energy Take 5 Surrounds

Last edited by dreamer; 09-18-2016 at 07:52 PM.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-18-2016, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
"11ft 16 inches" ? So ... 12ft 4" ?

How high is the shelf and how high do you want the top of the image ? What is your budget ? Mounting upside down will be a requirement for an entry level (<$1500) projector, and most of the ones that can be upright with the image lower than the top of the screen have larger cases than will fit on a shelf and are $2000+. What will you be watching ? Just 2D movies, 3D movies, gaming, TV ? What does the room look like ? Complete darkness with dark walls and ceilings or a more typical living/family room with beige or white walls and ceilings ? What is you budget ? Are you considering used or only new projectors ?
Yes its 12 ft 4 inches. Totally dark room will paint front wall in a dark color. Ceiling is white cathedral style back wall is higher. I would want the center of the screen at eye level when i sit on the couch. Want to buy new. Guessing i would need a projector with lense shift. Looking at the epson 3500 and the new ones that just came out.
Looking for tv viewing sports and movies.
Also will the benq 2050 or 3050 work if i mount upside down on the wall.

Last edited by jorge007; 09-18-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-18-2016, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1558 Post(s)
Liked: 1149
In a good room, the Sony HW45ES, Epson 5030, Epson 5040.

Lower budget = lower quality... Epson 3000 series, which likely is bested by BenQ HT2050, which must be upside down.

Why not mount upside down? Not that I care, but I would hate for you to get a lower quality image if you don't have to.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-18-2016, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes its 12 ft 4 inches. Totally dark room will paint front wall in a dark color. Ceiling is white cathedral style back wall is higher. I would want the center of the screen at eye level when i sit on the couch. Want to buy new. Guessing i would need a projector with lense shift. Looking at the epson 3500 and the new ones that just came out.
Looking for tv viewing sports and movies.
Also will the benq 2050 or 3050 work if i mount upside down on the wall.
Yes, both the BenQs will work from that throw to produce up to a 120" image if you don't mind mounting them to the underside of the shelf instead of setting on top of the shelf. You can even build yourself a miniature table with four adjustable legs 12" deep and 18" wide and mount the projector to the underside of it, then set the whole table with projector attached on top of the shelf.

There is really no reason to limit yourself to projectors with lens shift if you have freedom of shelf height and aren't afraid of Home Depot and screwdrivers.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMai...e+cabinet+legs

Kirk Ellis
post #6 of 9 Old 09-18-2016, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Yes, both the BenQs will work from that throw to produce up to a 120" image if you don't mind mounting them to the underside of the shelf instead of setting on top of the shelf. You can even build yourself a miniature table with four adjustable legs 12" deep and 18" wide and mount the projector to the underside of it, then set the whole table with projector attached on top of the shelf.

There is really no reason to limit yourself to projectors with lens shift if you have freedom of shelf height and aren't afraid of Home Depot and screwdrivers.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMai...e+cabinet+legs

I can also buy a projector wall mount. Instead of the celing ones
post #7 of 9 Old 09-18-2016, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

I just re measured I have 11ft 2" from front to back wall. The back wall has a higher ceiling so i could mount high in the back wall
post #8 of 9 Old 09-18-2016, 11:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I just re measured I have 11ft 2" from front to back wall. The back wall has a higher ceiling so i could mount high in the back wall
The BenQs will still work for your screen size. Yes, a wall mount will work. I was under the impression you already had a shelf unit or bookcase furniture in mind.

Kirk Ellis
post #9 of 9 Old 09-19-2016, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I also put my projector on a shelf, roughly the same distance. I currently have an old Panasonic, but the lens shift on the Epson 3500 looks more than sufficient. I haven't checked to see if the new 3000 series projectors have the same amount of shift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page