New 1080p Pico - XGIMI H1 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

post #61 of 419 Old 01-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Can the Android OS run Kodi?

That would be darn sweet.

PS - You can get a refurbished Harmony online that would probably be much better than the remote shipped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 419 Old 01-09-2017, 02:43 AM
NST

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielNTX View Post
Get a Chromecast for it. I got it for my Z4 as well which has the same issues as the H1.
Yeah, considering a chromecast ultra.

I just wish the projector companies trying 'all in one' solutions partnered up with google (or other 3rd parties) to integrate streaming services. This H1 would have been totally brilliant, if it had Chromecast Ultra (for example) built into the unit.

It's a good projector in it's own right, but if you're buying it as an all in one solution, it really isn't great because of the totally inadequate onboard android streaming kit.

I just was trying to avoid having to plug stuff into it.

A slight digression, does anyone know of a decent projector (1080p) that has bluetooth audio capability built in like the H1? I've googled but there isn't much out there and wondered if anyone has any gems they can recommend? If I need to plug stuff into the H1, I think I'll return it and find something cheaper, but I do want to stay as wire free as possible so if anyone knows of a decent bluetooth audio enabled device I'd love to know.

Thanks
post #63 of 419 Old 01-09-2017, 02:46 AM
NST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheronB View Post
Can the Android OS run Kodi?

That would be darn sweet.

PS - You can get a refurbished Harmony online that would probably be much better than the remote shipped.
There are no doubt lots of compatible remotes, but unfortunately Xgimi stupidly included the focusing function into their remote - there's no other way of adjusting it.

If there upgrade their remote iOS app to be fully functional, as per the included remote, this would at least be an improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 419 Old 01-14-2017, 04:11 AM
NST

Update.

I've had the H1 for a week now, and I will be returning it - but not for my original reason which was because of the on-board software being a let down.

I got a Chromecast for the projector - not the ultra version, just the normal one, and the usability is now superb! It is such a cool little device, I love it. No need to plug it in with a power cable as you can just run it through the H1's usb connection, and the chromecast is tiny so you hardly even see it. We get really fast internet here in the Netherlands, so the speed of the basic Chromecast is great and (of course) you will now get beautiful 1080p content, just remember to change your Netflix settings to 'high'. Hardly any load up time at all on Youtube / Netflix and the Chromecast makes using the projector via your phone/tablet a joy and infinitely easier. 100% recommend getting one if you decide to buy the H1, you won't be disappointed at all, so long as your internet speed is decent.

On sound: As said before, the on board speaker is great, so if you're happy with a pick up and go unit, I doubt you can top this device for sound.

However, if you want to bluetooth sound with this thing (given that it says it can do this) things arent so great. Most people would advise against bluetooth sound streaming anyway because of inherent sync issues, but as Xgimi have included this technology, you would assume it would work just fine - it does not, and sure enough there are sync issues with dialogue. Plus, there are concerning Volume issues too in that I had to max out the volume on both the H1 and my speakers to get decent level of sound, and my speakers didn't like that and began to hiss.

So, bluetoothing sound is a fail. The only way I can run my active speakers to the unit directly, is from RCA to the 3.5 headphone jack on the H1 - there's no way for me to connect them digitally. Doing this fixed the sync issues, but the Volume issue remained. I don't have a receiver system, but the only way you're gonna really get the most out of this projector is if you wire it up properly through an amp/receiver. No worries if your a die hard movie fan and want to set this up more permanently, but if like me you got the H1 to move from room to room, the bluetooth / sync issue with an external speaker is a big let down.

I moved the H1 from an offset position where I had to keystone, into a more correct parallel position facing the wall (always recommended) and sure enough, the image is way better - much sharper.

I'm not even projecting onto a screen - just crappy wallpaper, but with the H1 connected to the chromecast and properly aligned to the wall, the image is pretty incredible. Bounce it onto a proper screen and I reckon it would be outstanding and a winner at this price, it's really that good.

Oh, and I also dug deeper into the iOS control app and in actual fact, it's way better than I first thought and you can do virtually all functions that the included remote can do - including focusing! The focusing on the app actually does a more accurate and refined 'stepped' job strangely. So get the app!

The reason I am sadly going to have to return the projector is rainbowing. It's such a drag as I now actually really love the H1, it is starting to work like a charm and looks fantastic sat on my shelf! The design and size of the thing is so much nicer than your typical ugly white bit of plastic, but I can't escape the fact that I (personally) experience rainbowing. Unfortunately, I fall into the user category where if I notice it, I just can't ignore it and see it too consistently for it not to be an issue. With the H1, rainbowing is not drastic....but (for me) it is present so I'll swap it for an LCD.

If you're one of the lucky few that rainbowing doesn't effect, I'd say absolutely check the H1 out combined with a Chromecast (or probably any other of your preferred streaming devices). It's a really great projector.

Oh and I forgot to say in previous posts, its the quietest projector that I've ever had - pretty much silent in use, just a super quiet whirring noise....you don't notice it at all.

Good luck!
post #65 of 419 Old 01-14-2017, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I want that projector stand! Where can I buy it in The Netherlands!
post #66 of 419 Old 01-14-2017, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1687 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1981 View Post
Are you talking about the table the projector is on in the Indiegogo promotion?

If so, then it looks like it is a 'plant table'. You would want to check out any furniture shops available to you, but something like this category from Wayfair has a bunch of raised tables on it...

https://www.wayfair.com/Plant-Stands...s-C414607.html

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #67 of 419 Old 01-15-2017, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1981 View Post
Probably not in the Netherlands, at least not as cheap as from China, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Orig...9-a035c604dea5
post #68 of 419 Old 01-16-2017, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Any more updates or reviews of this pj? How does it compare to the bulb counterparts? I've seen this in a bricks and mortar shop in Hong Kong. Not sure why I would need it, I've a JVC X500 for my projection needs, but I'm tempted still lol!
post #69 of 419 Old 01-17-2017, 04:12 AM

Also what screen size is doable in a light controlled room? 120"? Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
post #70 of 419 Old 01-17-2017, 08:40 AM
NST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine0 View Post
Any more updates or reviews of this pj? How does it compare to the bulb counterparts? I've seen this in a bricks and mortar shop in Hong Kong. Not sure why I would need it, I've a JVC X500 for my projection needs, but I'm tempted still lol!
I'm not sure why someone with a $4-5k projector would even entertain a device like this, but then your JVC (much like the H1) only emulates 4k resolution, so who knows.

To answer your question, 120" is easily achievable with the H1 in dim lighting yes.

For anyone new to projectors, don't concentrate too much on lumens. Concentrate more on contrast ratios. The higher the better. The H1 only throws out around 900 lumens - so in actuality probably closer to 700, and only has a fairly modest 10,000:1 contrast ratio, but.....and I don't know how they managed it, the image is superb from edge to edge. Easily bright enough and very nice contrasts. You just need to calibrate the colours.

I've seen much higher specced projectors throw a way less bright / contrasty image. Would actually be interesting to see how it would look sat next to your JVC, because I'm tempted to say it would give it a good run for its money.
post #71 of 419 Old 01-17-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NST View Post
I'm not sure why someone with a $4-5k projector would even entertain a device like this, but then your JVC (much like the H1) only emulates 4k resolution, so who knows.

To answer your question, 120" is easily achievable with the H1 in dim lighting yes.

For anyone new to projectors, don't concentrate too much on lumens. Concentrate more on contrast ratios. The higher the better. The H1 only throws out around 900 lumens - so in actuality probably closer to 700, and only has a fairly modest 10,000:1 contrast ratio, but.....and I don't know how they managed it, the image is superb from edge to edge. Easily bright enough and very nice contrasts. You just need to calibrate the colours.

I've seen much higher specced projectors throw a way less bright / contrasty image. Would actually be interesting to see how it would look sat next to your JVC, because I'm tempted to say it would give it a good run for its money.
I just like my gadgets! Also liking the fact that it's Led based, so I can watch it like a TV if needs be and also instant on off without worries. While I understand that the contrast and blacks wouldn't touch the JVC, just wondering how good or bad are the blacks in low lit scenes.

Maybe I should just get it and use it as a dual pj setup with the JVC. :]
post #72 of 419 Old 01-17-2017, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 3965 Post(s)
Liked: 3134
Quote:
Originally Posted by NST View Post
... For anyone new to projectors, don't concentrate too much on lumens. Concentrate more on contrast ratios. The higher the better. ...
Not directed at you or this product specifically, but just a general piece of smart shopper advice:

Anyone new to projectors should not concentrate at all on manufacturer specifications for either lumens or contrast ratios. Rely on professional instrumented testing and observation from experienced eyes of proven trustworthy sources. Be skeptical of glowing reports about new products produced by companies without established track records posted by people with little experience with front projection and the occasional company shills.
Ftoast likes this.
post #73 of 419 Old 01-17-2017, 11:22 AM
NST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
Not directed at you or this product specifically, but just a general piece of smart shopper advice:

Anyone new to projectors should not concentrate at all on manufacturer specifications for either lumens or contrast ratios. Rely on professional instrumented testing and observation from experienced eyes of proven trustworthy sources. Be skeptical of glowing reports about new products produced by companies without established track records posted by people with little experience with front projection and the occasional company shills.
Haha! Quite right!

It being a new product over here in the west wth very few distributors, there arent many 'uptakers' yet so I took a punt buying it when there are hardly any reviews - hence me writing reviews on here the best could.

I don't have vast amounts of experience with projectors, but I am pro designer so calibrating displays and having a good eye for how digital images (colour, contrast etc) display is part of my daily routine.

On the pure basis of reviewing this little projector in isolation (i.e without comparison to other devices) I would say that it is a truly great bit of kit! If it wasn't for the slight rainbowing that I personally experience, I wouldn't think twice about keeping it, I love it!

Everyone that has sat and watched a movie or program with me is blown away by the image - they all say "WOW, the resolution and POP is amazing!"

I absolutely agree!

If you're more concerned with having a fantastic good old fashioned movie experience, rather than crawling over the minutiae of specifications and looking at images under a microscope, you absolutely won't be disappointed by the H1. It is ACE!

Just be aware of rainbows! Hopefully, you're one of the lucky few who never sees them
post #74 of 419 Old 01-17-2017, 11:28 AM
NST

Quote:
I just like my gadgets! Also liking the fact that it's Led based, so I can watch it like a TV if needs be and also instant on off without worries. While I understand that the contrast and blacks wouldn't touch the JVC, just wondering how good or bad are the blacks in low lit scenes.

Maybe I should just get it and use it as a dual pj setup with the JVC. :]
I live in the Netherlands - the TV isn't great here so I havent plugged it up to test live stuff. Would be interested to see how stuff like football plays though!

Blacks to me look great! I almost always have a 28watt lamp on in a little office snug area next to the lounge when I use the projector and the image is perfectly fine to me. Instant on/off without the need to warm the bulb is really great! No waiting at all, and you get an (ever so cute) little japanese voice saying "Hi Xgimii" when you open the lens door - it is addictive!

The only annoying thing really is the price I guess. It is totally worth the cash, believe me. But its still a lot of money for most people to spend unfortunately. If they could knock the price down by a couple of hundred (eventually) it would be a no-brainer, it's extremely capable!
post #75 of 419 Old 01-17-2017, 11:33 AM
NST

I meant to say before also, I've played ultra HD and (supposed 8K) content on the H1 and the leap from 1080p upwards (even though it is an interpolated image) is noticeably better.

So I'd say that this thing can certainly do a great job doing its internal wizardry to render an even higher quality source output. I don't have a blue ray player, but even watching ultra 4k Star Wars trailers via Youtube on the chromecast is a real treat!

Super impressive image!
post #76 of 419 Old 01-18-2017, 02:02 AM

Still, I would like a few more reviews and comments abt it's quality and comparisons with other quality pjs before I part with my hard earned cash.

post #77 of 419 Old 01-18-2017, 02:51 AM
NST

Quote:
Still, I would like a few more reviews and comments abt it's quality and comparisons with other quality pjs before I part with my hard earned cash.

That's fair enough! I'm not here to convince

Projectors are far too subjective to get any real impression via a forum. So, if you are a person on here looking to buy a fairly moderately priced unit like the H1, I'd suggest just giving it a go and then simply return it if you're not happy. If you're someone who is always rather obsessed with data and specs and comparatives, I doubt you'll ever be content with any model. You'll remain in this state of "what if", endlessly questioning your purchase and thinking you have made a mistake, instead of focussing on the real joy of projectors - the movie experience!

The proof is in the pudding, and only you yourself (no one else) will be able to tell if you're liking your projector.

For what it's worth, I think the H1 is superb - but that's just me

Good luck peeps! Over and out.
post #78 of 419 Old 01-20-2017, 07:23 AM

Just had a quick test of the H1. Hard to judge exactly it's quality from the viewing cuz it was just streaming from YouTube videos in a lights off and untreated room. But from a screen size of abt 100" diagonal, it was plenty bright enough. Contrast looked pretty good, blacks floor 'seemed' adequate enough as to not complain or distracting. Hard to judge how much a step down it is to my X500 under the circumstances, but from the quick viewing I had with it, I'd think I'd be happy with the overall image it produced and that it's good value for money. But tbh I prefer if there's a model without the speakers attached.

There's actually two models of H1, one is 900lm and the other 1000lm. Not that big of a difference, being 100lm between them. The H1 is tempting all the same for a 2nd pj setup. Would have to test it properly tho to know if I'd be happy with the image as a main pj esp considering the added benifits of the Led lighting. But do I really need it lol!!

Last edited by Raine0; 01-20-2017 at 09:55 AM.
post #79 of 419 Old 01-21-2017, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
I have had the H1 for a while so may have a more accurate review of it.

Previously on AVSforum I've been looking hard at Benq and Epson for a projector, and I was going for the Epson (5350 in Japan or 2040 internationally). Then I put off buying it because I wanted to wait for prices to fall, they didn't. The Epson still commands more or less the same price as they came out which is a lot of money in Japan.

The XGIMI came along and made something from the future, a 1080p LED projector. This was something I never thought I would be able to afford given how new the technology was, and it is the logical choice to make if LED is a better technology so I went for it and bought it from indiegogo.

First the negative. Customer support is limited at best. The company is so young and barely experienced in international shipping and support. The response to the H1 was overwhelming for them as it became one of indiegogo's hottest products. I think once the company matures and they work out some key distributors it would be much easier to get this product and support.

Now the positives.

It is an awesome projector:

- Far cheaper than the Epson. This thing was at least $200 cheaper and they gave me 2 3d glasses.
- Brighter, sharper and better colors. The Epson is supposedly a bright projector and well suited in a lit room, however the colors aren't as good as the Benq. The H1 is IMO better than both. The H1 lens look smaller, but it works effortlessly. This thing is rated to last for over 30,000 hours while the Epson is only 4000 hours. I have absolutely no complaints about the picture quality, color and brightness. It is amazing.
- Better blacks. I don't have to worry about Epson's black problem
- No rainbow effects like the Benq. Not sure how you can see rainbows unless you see things through a camera phone where it is easy to see the flickering. I just don't see any evidence of flickering or rainbows.
- Daylight is good, though nothing can fend off a bright window and direct sunlight.
- I wish I had a 300" wall. This thing will scale that big and look great.
- Build quality is excellent.
- Much more portable (I can easily put this in a case as my portable TV and a hotel wall or any wall. The Epson/Benq are far less portable.
- It has no manual dial to play around. This one has digital horizontal and vertical adjustments, and are easy to operate.
- Built-in android. I have a Minix media player but I don't even need to use it anymore. Navigation was better on the minix in terms of sorting through files but the software on the H1 is excellent and could play practically anything I threw at it. Minix/Kodi is still a better package in terms of media management and playback (it's handling of subtitles was better), but the H1 is one hell of a convenient projector when it has everything you need into one.
- I love youtube and this thing is practically my youtube machine (not even the Epson or Benq can do this without a media player attached). I don't watch tv but having the convenience of youtube and streaming video makes me want to use this projector regularly.
- Built-in speakers and woofer are very convenient to have though I was expecting a little more in terms of sound quality as it was only a little better than a $180 projector with built-in speakers. Maybe I haven't optimized it enough though and haven't tried bluetooth connectivity yet.

So based on the price, functionalities, portability and use of LED, the H1 is the better 1080p projector out there.

I'm not sure what complaints the previous poster had with the H1 but I guess it is possible that some models may have had some initial problems or he hasn't played around with it enough. It's just like the electric cars from Tesla. Some may have had problems but they're too brilliant to quickly give up on them.

So what could be the next best thing? 4K of course, but I'm in no hurry. Next projector is at least 2 years away perhaps even more. I have the best possible projector for the movies I have, and it cost less than $700. I'm very satisfied with that, knowing that I didn't have to spend a fortune for a projector designed for the future instead of relying on past technologies.

I'll be happy to answer any questions regarding the H1.
post #80 of 419 Old 01-21-2017, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 334
hi rocklee

Im searching a perfect portable unit.

i got my H1 last Thursday. Its definitely not the best projector.

The worst thing is.......it have micro stuttering on all inputs or media files. It make no different in kodi or the internal media player.

If i connect my OPPO 105D or my PS4 pro i got the same thing.

This is a no go. I am on FW 1.1 EN. What FW version have your device?

The lens producing a very unsharp picture at all.
On the projected image one side is sharp, the other is blurry, even in in perfect 90 degrees trow angle.

I can see a small hair inside the lens too.

The black level is not so good as my LG PF1500US or my Optoma ML750ST or my older Mitsubishi HC1500, HC3100 and HC4000

The internal speakers sounds good colors are slight reddish over saturated, the build quality of the housing and the remote controller are fine.

But this micro stuttering iss absolutely awful. My LG PF1500US make a better job on this.

BR Ronald

Last edited by DrDon; 01-24-2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: obnoxious formatting removed
post #81 of 419 Old 01-21-2017, 10:02 AM

In Hong Kong atm and without my JVC for movies, so have an itch that I want to scratch. I'm also quite fond of the DLP look. Had a DPI Cine Led pj before and while I really liked the look of it, I had to let it go cuz of the throw ratio. Also had an Optoma HD82 before, while it looked great in bright scenes, the darker scenes looked like crap! Quite interested in a 2nd pj for tv shows and any other crap I care to throw at it. But, right now, I would really like some feedback on the upcoming LG Probeam before I part with my cash.
post #82 of 419 Old 01-21-2017, 03:40 PM

My system version shows GMUI V1.1.0.

Sorry but it sounds like you wanted to be critical of the H1 from the start given the excessive number of problems you claim to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoNNy379CH View Post
hi rocklee
Im searching a perfect portable unit.

i got my H1 last Thursday. Its definitely not the best projector.

The worst thing is.......it have micro stuttering on all inputs or media files. It make no different in kodi or the internal media player.

If i connect my OPPO 105D or my PS4 pro i got the same thing.

This is a no go. I am on FW 1.1 EN. What FW version have your device?
It's probably your system setup, you installed too many things or you're trying to run too many things on it at the same time.

My H1 runs wireless on the second floor streaming an 11gb x264 file with no problems.

Youtube runs flawlessly for me. I'm not running Kodi because at this point I don't need it. The software on the H1 is more than enough.

I like the fact that I can switch the screen off while still playing video or music. That is pretty awesome especially if I only want to listen to a youtube playlist.

Quote:
The lens producing a very unsharp picture at all.
On the projected image one side is sharp, the other is blurry, even in in perfect 90 degrees trow angle.
Have you handled a projector before? This thing was designed to be placed even at an angle that's not parallel to the screen. It even offers 2 settings so that if you have 2 permanent places to place this projector upstairs and downstairs then you simply switch between them based on their positions and the settings you set them to. If it's not sharp then you're not projecting right.

Quote:
I can see a small hair inside the lens too.
Use a DSLR blower and blow it out.

Quote:
The black level is not so good as my LG PF1500US or my Optoma ML750ST or my older Mitsubishi HC1500, HC3100 and HC4000
Black levels are as good as the screen or wall that you project videos on. It is better than the Epson 5300, a projector that I was planning on buying. I did not look at the LG because it's $300 more expensive. I like it, but I don't think I should have to pay $1000 for a projector.

Quote:
The internal speakers sounds good colors are slight reddish over saturated, the build quality of the housing and the remote controller are fine.
I rate the speakers OK on this projector only because I'm obsessed with audio quality and that a movie theater experience should really be a 5.1 or 7.1 setup, but they are excellent particularly the bass. Now that I've tested it with audio files, it is way better than any projector out there with built-in speakers. For a portable projector what could be better? Think about what it was designed for.

Quote:
But this micro stuttering iss absolutely awful. My LG PF1500US make a better job on this.

BR Ronald
You need to check what you're installing on the projector. It sounds like some people are putting a lot of stuff like Kodi when the manufacturer has already developed an interface program to handle media. This is not a PC where you can install as many programs as you like. That's why it has 2 HDMI inputs in case you do want to use a PC or a dedicated media player to do all the extra stuff.
post #83 of 419 Old 01-21-2017, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 3965 Post(s)
Liked: 3134
Rocklee, which 4 projector models have you previously owned so that we can better understand what image quality you are comparing with the H1?
post #84 of 419 Old 01-21-2017, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
It has been on my mind for over a year including watching hundreds of reviews and video reviews.
http://www.trustedreviews.com/epson-eh-tw5300-review - "Below par black-level response"

http://projectiondream.com/en/review...son-eh-tw5300/ - "The contrast curves of the Epson EH-TW5300 confirm the impression we had while watching our favorite blurays: the contrast of this projector is particularly low, also in comparison to the “low cost” DLP competition."

http://www.projectorcentral.com/epso...040-review.htm - "Black level isn't the Home Cinema 2040's strong suit"

http://www.projectorreviews.com/epso...-shadow-detail -
"The Home Cinema 2040 and 2045 are a bit better than the average at black levels, for 3LCD projectors in these low price ranges, but still not quite up to many of the single chip DLPs out there. - See more at: http://www.projectorreviews.com/epson/home-cinema-2040-2045-picture-quality/#black-level-performance-and-dark-shadow-detail"

Don't you look smart now?
post #85 of 419 Old 01-21-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
Rocklee, which 4 projector models have you previously owned so that we can better understand what image quality you are comparing with the H1?
I have owned JVC, Epson, Casio, Excelvan and now the H1. I have also used Panasonic, Sony and NEC projectors at work, so brightness and sharpness are very important to me in a classroom/business setting. The H1 is easily the easiest one to use that's also bright enough and scales big enough on a huge screen.
post #86 of 419 Old 01-21-2017, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked: 4668
Thread rolled back to the most recent on-topic posts. Some legitimate posts may have been lost in the rollback. For that, I apologize. Discuss the topic and not other members.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #87 of 419 Old 01-22-2017, 02:54 AM

I thought I would post some sample videos of the H1 which I think would be useful. When I was shopping for a projector I wanted to see as much video evidence of projectors and comparisons with other projectors. I'll probably end up doing one myself but for now I'll let these videos do the talking:

XGIMI H1 Projector - First Time Setup (very helpful, you can see how easy it is to set it up)

XGIMI H1 VS JmGO X1, Which one is better (JmGO is another Chinese brand that's on the rise, this was one of the earlier videos testing the H1 and they even do a light test. I was wondering why the colors in this video look so off but this is not the case with my H1 and with the other H1 videos listed here)

More sample videos:
(daytime video)

XGIMI's own video manuals which are self-explanatory as well as some marketing videos:

There aren't many comparisons out there yet but the list is slowly growing:
(H1 vs XGIMI Z4)
(h1 vs Epson 5300)
(H1 vs 55" TV in daytime)
(H1 vs 55" TV with reduced lighting)
post #88 of 419 Old 01-22-2017, 03:03 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Hi rocklee,

thank you for your informtations........ i m over 15 years in home cinema business now. And in the DSLR business too. So i know how i can clean lenses and sensors. .........its interesting how you will clean a sealed lens like the H1 one have....tell me more.....the hair is inside the lens......but its okay.

The unsharp picture have nothing to do with the right placing its a lame comparison- the H1 lens have bad chromatic aberrations......i saw the H1 as directly opponent to my PF1500. The PF1500 wins, the H1 have also no CMS or FI. The LG is the older unit and make a better picture.

The H1 is not perfect and the micro stuttering having nothing to do "with too many things" I didnt installed other stuff on the device. And if i connect "one" unit to the H1 HDMI input its stuttering.......the same connected device (OPPO BD P105D) have no problems to my other projector armada i own.

And yes i tried many other, gaming consoles, media players units on both H1 HDMI inputs. Its the same result.....micro stuttering.

I have a optoma HD90+ as main unit installed.

I have the LG PF1500US, Optoma ML750ST, HC3100, HC1500, HC4000, Benqi500w at home too. All of them have no micro stuttering......and surly all of them have no problems if i connect all inputs simultaneous to them.

Why this should have an impact to the micro stuttering???

The black level of the H1 its a joke, i have an spectraCal C6 and xrite i1 Display pro colorimeter and yes, i know how i using it.

The internal speakers sounds for an internal device ok too. I know what my 11.2 home cinema with an CX-A5100 & MX-A5000 can slightly producing a better sound like the H1 unit....but thank you for your hint.

But now have fun and enjoy your perfect H1,

BR, Ronald

Last edited by RoNNy379CH; 01-22-2017 at 05:48 AM.
post #89 of 419 Old 01-22-2017, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoNNy379CH View Post
The unsharp picture have nothing to do with the right placing its a lame comparison- the H1 lens have bad chromatic aberrations......i saw the H1 as directly opponent to my PF1500. The PF1500 wins, the H1 have also no CMS or FI. The LG is the older unit and make a better picture.
consoles, media players units on both H1 HDMI inputs. Its the same result.....micro stuttering.
The lg is also 499 at frys
post #90 of 419 Old 01-22-2017, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge2 View Post
The lg is also 499 at frys
Would you happen to have a link for that? I went to their site but it shows 799 currently. Thanks

Last edited by geared4me; 01-22-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page