connect epson home cinema 2045 to AV receiver - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By in5ane

post #1 of 13 Old 12-10-2016, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
connect epson home cinema 2045 to AV receiver

I am in the process of setting up the 2045 projector and trying to figure out how to connect the projector to my AV receiver (Yamaha RX-A2020).

I tried connecting the HDMI cable from the Projector (HDMI 2 port) to one of HDMI the audio out ports on the receiver but there is no audio output.

Appreciate any inputs on the setup involved.

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-10-2016, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by in5ane View Post
I am in the process of setting up the 2045 projector and trying to figure out how to connect the projector to my AV receiver (Yamaha RX-A2020).

I tried connecting the HDMI cable from the Projector (HDMI 2 port) to one of HDMI the audio out ports on the receiver but there is no audio output.

Appreciate any inputs on the setup involved.

thanks in advance
The hdmi cable from the projector goes to the hdmi out port on the receiver. Hdmi does both video and audio.
post #3 of 13 Old 12-10-2016, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post
The hdmi cable from the projector goes to the hdmi out port on the receiver. Hdmi does both video and audio.
firstly, thank you for the quick response and confirming what I thought the setup should be.

The cable connection seems to be correct but I still dont have any audio output, not sure what else I need to do to get this sorted out.

Any pointers on what I should be checking? I am guessing there is not much I can/should do on the projector but may be on the AV receiver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-10-2016, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
firstly, thank you for the quick response and confirming what I thought the setup should be.

The cable connection seems to be correct but I still dont have any audio output, not sure what else I need to do to get this sorted out.

Any pointers on what I should be checking? I am guessing there is not much I can/should do on the projector but may be on the AV receiver?
Besides testing another hdmi cable, have you gone through the audio setup on your receiver? How many speakers and subwoofers do you have?
post #5 of 13 Old 12-10-2016, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Besides testing another hdmi cable, have you gone through the audio setup on your receiver? How many speakers and subwoofers do you have?
tested with two cables (one of them brand new). I am running a 7.2 audio set up (1 subwoofer), the audio part runs fine on its own (works with internet radio, airplay etc).
post #6 of 13 Old 12-10-2016, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
tested with two cables (one of them brand new). I am running a 7.2 audio set up (1 subwoofer), the audio part runs fine on its own (works with internet radio, airplay etc).
What was your previous video output on this receiver? Have you tested both hdmi out ports?
post #7 of 13 Old 12-11-2016, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
What was your previous video output on this receiver? Have you tested both hdmi out ports?
never tested video, been using this for audio so far (been saving to buy the projector) so really the first time I am trying the video part of the setup. Meant to mention, I was reading up the Yamaha 2020 manual last night, according to this the hdmi from the video device (BD Player etc) is to be connected to one of the HDMI ports (AV 1 thru 7) - will give this a try later today.

Last edited by in5ane; 12-11-2016 at 10:12 AM.
post #8 of 13 Old 12-11-2016, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
never tested video, been using this for audio so far (been saving to buy the projector) so really the first time I am trying the video part of the setup. Meant to mention, I was reading up the Yamaha 2020 manual last night, according to this the hdmi from the video device (BD Player etc) is to be connected to one of the HDMI ports (AV 1 thru 7) - will give this a try later today.
t

Okay I misread your first post. I thought you were saying you couldn't hear your audio, not that your were wondering where the audio connections go.

So yeah, just hook up your blu-ray player to one of the hdmi inputs, projector to the receiver hdmi output and you'll be good to go.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-11-2016, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
t

Okay I misread your first post. I thought you were saying you couldn't hear your audio, not that your were wondering where the audio connections go.

So yeah, just hook up your blu-ray player to one of the hdmi inputs, projector to the receiver hdmi output and you'll be good to go.
finally!!!! connected the video source to one of the "In" ports on AV receiver and the HDMI2 from projector to the HDMI Out port on the AV receiver and it was music to the ears and movie to the eyes.

@Sonyad : thanks much for all your help.
Incarnated Buddha likes this.
post #10 of 13 Old 12-11-2016, 11:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Glad to help.
post #11 of 13 Old 12-12-2016, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
finally!!!! connected the video source to one of the "In" ports on AV receiver and the HDMI2 from projector to the HDMI Out port on the AV receiver and it was music to the ears and movie to the eyes.

@Sonyad : thanks much for all your help.
The 2040 supports audio return channel but your receiver also needs to support that for the audio to go from the projector to the reciever (not many people do that).
post #12 of 13 Old 12-14-2016, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsong View Post
The 2040 supports audio return channel but your receiver also needs to support that for the audio to go from the projector to the reciever (not many people do that).
thanks for the information, at this point of time my projector/AV set up is complete. Next step is to start saving for a motorized projector screen and/or a good sale
post #13 of 13 Old 12-15-2016, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1687 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
People seem to get this backwards all the time.

SOURCE->RECEIVER->PROJECTOR

Don't connect sources directly to the projector.

Connect them all to the receiver, then connect the output from the receiver to the projector and you will be good to go.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page