Official XGIMI Owners Thread + H1 review (H1, CC, Z4 aurora etc) - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 206Likes

post #511 of 1224 Old 12-01-2017, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARTmen View Post
Hello everyone.

It's been some time since I last wrote in the forum but a few days ago I discovered the existence of this interesting projector and this amazing review about it in the forum. I really have to say well done rocklee and thank you very much for all the information and photos you shared here. I also want to thank others who like rocklee have published information and photos about their own experience with the projector.

I'm thinking about buying a projector but like a lot of other people I'm a bit worried about Xgimi being a little known brand. So I would like to ask a few questions to all those who have this projector.

I can get an epson 2040 for the same price the Xgimi would cost me. Which one should I buy?
I have an epson 2030 with 200 hour use. Would this give a better picture than my epson?

I was waiting for the H1S because it appears to be more bright but I think they will not sell it internationally at least until the end of the year. Is the image of the H1 bright as the epson? I saw your test rocklee and comparing both you thought that the H1 was at least as bright as the epson right?

And the last and most important question. How many hours have the H1 of all of you guys have been used? Have you noticed any decrease in the light like lamp projectors have after 1000 hours use?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm in a moral dilemma here. I'm really tempted to buy the H1 but I'm a bit worried to have problems with it.
Firstly, hello all! It's been a while since I visited this thread :-)

As you have seen in my pretty thorough review, I would easily pick the XGIMI H1/H1S/H1S Aurora over the Epson 2040/2045, Benq whatever, LG (all of them) from video and live comparisons as well as from other reviews. Out of the box, it just works. I'm in China right now and I took the H1 with me I would never have done that in a million years with any other projectors. Who needs a TV? The thing is so damn convenient, I use it on any wall in any room and I'm watching something via internet streaming, phone or hard drive. That's pretty much what most people want to do these days, they don't want the hassles of setting up a room specifically for a projector. They just want to project a big picture on a wall and enjoy something. The XGIMI has great speakers, which makes it even more convenient. I've already said all this in my review at the beginning.

When I did my review against the Epson, the XGIMI was brighter out of the box, however neither projector was calibrated so the Epson would probably be brighter, but it makes no sense calibrating it that way anyway. Like using a laptop on full brightness for hours on end, watching movies in a dark room gives me a headache after a while (and worst still if you wear glasses). Both projectors are bright enough when watching movies and as long as the room lights are turned off, same with any other projectors. In the end, I/kids/grandma/dog would be happy watching anything from either projectors. It was the superior features, remote/speakers/etc of the H1 that won me over the Epson (which I pondered for several months while debating that against the Benq).

As for the number of hours I've had the H1 running, it's been 5-6 hours every day from the day I got it (check the first page). I leave it running over night sometimes because I fall asleep, something that would not be possible with a bulb-based projector The H1's projection appears to be the same as ever.

Anyway, I've already written about the same dilemma that you are going through regarding the Epson and I do not regret NOT buying the Epson (or any other projector at the time) whatsoever. Just go back and read it all again The XGIMI is easily one of my best purchases in years, I will continue to use the LED H1 for as often as I want until someone builds a truly affordable 4K LED projector.

Quote:
I regret buying this projector so much. The bluetooth remote also would disconnect a few times a day, I had to buy a third party remote and dongle to get a consistently working remote.
What model did you get? Do you charge the remote properly? Try getting a new remote if bluetooth on the H1 itself is working. I love this remote.

AV_Integrated - So what model did you get?

The H1/H1s have been out for a long long time with some great reviews already

Last edited by rocklee; 12-01-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 1224 Old 12-03-2017, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Finally got mine H1S over the weekend, luckily with bad weather, I didn't have to take the kid outing and stayed home play with H1S all day.

Built quality is good, found some plastic injection blister/bubble on top of my H1S but acceptable as those bubbles are fairly small. Setup took me about 10 mins to 80in screen with my MacBook Air via MDP to HDMI. Since H1S only available in simplified Chinese, took me a bit to familiar with the wording and able to navigate.

Below are my finding and some comparison with BenQ W1070:

1. Brightness: H1S is a very bright projector, compare to W1070, both are equally bright and I would not hesitate to throw onto much bigger screen let's say 130in.

2. Sharpness: I found H1S to be much sharper compared to W1070, amount of detail reveal out of H1S makes W1070 looks soft.

3. Black level: Very acceptable, shadow details are very good, watched Passenger over and over again with scenes spaceship fly in space or main characters flew in space, I'm able to make out all the details, stars and different shades of black and grey.

4. Depth: H1S throws a very 3 dimensional image.

5. Colors: This is where I have very difficult time with H1S, no matter how I tweak the image, somehow all the avengers looks like they went to Florida and got a bad orange/red tan. H1S's red is over saturated no matter how I adjust, either the color is too red, purple or blue which is very frustrating.

6. Auto focus: Nice touch, but I found auto focus don't always work right, however, I can easily manual adjust the focus with a flip of switch or from Chinese Apps iOS for Xgimi where there is direct selection to manual adjust focus.

7. UI: Unfortunately, I upgraded to GMUI latest firmware, with latest firmware it doesn't allow me to adjust RGB individually or at least I haven't found it after upgrade. But overall, UI is pretty easy to navigate. With extra loaded TV apps I found to be good, I won't use much, but some free program is nice, my wife and I watched Victoria Secret Shanghai.

8. Internal Speaker: Not bad at all, I still prefer my ****ty 2.0 system, but the internal speaker itself produce adequate sound especially in portable application.

9. 3D: Unfortunately, I have not gotten my 3D glasses yet, however, I really don't care for 3D and will not do any testing.

10. Motion: Very good, and I have not encounter micro stutter and very happy with the motion.

Overall, I think H1S is an awesome projector and under value if Xgimi able to sort out the redness. If I'm not able to find the solution, I'm not so sure if I can live with the flaw.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4337.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	921.6 KB
ID:	2325282   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4343.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	702.7 KB
ID:	2325284   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4342.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	667.6 KB
ID:	2325286   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4340.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	872.2 KB
ID:	2325288   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4339.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	960.0 KB
ID:	2325290  

Name:	IMG_4338.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	891.5 KB
ID:	2325292  

Last edited by roni44; 12-04-2017 at 12:38 AM.
post #513 of 1224 Old 12-05-2017, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2781 Post(s)
Liked: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni44 View Post
5. Colors: This is where I have very difficult time with H1S, no matter how I tweak the image, somehow all the avengers looks like they went to Florida and got a bad orange/red tan. H1S's red is over saturated no matter how I adjust, either the color is too red, purple or blue which is very frustrating.
Assuming this is more a problem with skintones and not much of a problem with bright whites my first suggestion would be to turn the main Color/Saturation setting lower if possible (some displays/brands disallow this option when using hdmi, sadly).
If that's not an option, you might be able to go into an advanced menu/CMS and lower the red/magenta saturation and/or slightly raise their gain/luminance.
If that's not an option, slightly brightening/lowering the gamma or overall middle white-balance can help.
If that's not an option, send the company a strongly worded email explaining that you're not a child and you'd like some standard control over the item you purchased...kidding..sort of.

Alternatively, see if lowering the 10point brightness adjustment helps..there's a chance it's an LED "BrilliantColor" setting instead of a straightforward LED output adjustment, in which case a lower setting will usually look much more natural.

Any of these can help improve skintones, but they won't really help whitebalance if that's also a problem.

Easy $25 DIY black (or any color) ALR paint +$40-$50sprayer screen mix smooth/clean and very easy to learn spraying with little/no mess.
Simple $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
Quick <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room "A store that sells blinds can help your picture more than a store that sells projectors many times." -bud16415
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 1224 Old 12-05-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftoast View Post
Assuming this is more a problem with skintones and not much of a problem with bright whites my first suggestion would be to turn the main Color/Saturation setting lower if possible (some displays/brands disallow this option when using hdmi, sadly).
If that's not an option, you might be able to go into an advanced menu/CMS and lower the red/magenta saturation and/or slightly raise their gain/luminance.
If that's not an option, slightly brightening/lowering the gamma or overall middle white-balance can help.
If that's not an option, send the company a strongly worded email explaining that you're not a child and you'd like some standard control over the item you purchased...kidding..sort of.

Alternatively, see if lowering the 10point brightness adjustment helps..there's a chance it's an LED "BrilliantColor" setting instead of a straightforward LED output adjustment, in which case a lower setting will usually look much more natural.

Any of these can help improve skintones, but they won't really help whitebalance if that's also a problem.
@Ftoast , you are correct, the main problem is skin tones and many of users has reported same issue in Chinese forum. As for advance menu, there isn't any. With newly updated GMUI 3.0.2 for China, it makes worst to adjust pictures as the adjustment is limited (Gamma setting is gone, or at least I can't find it). Some users in Chinese forum has voice their concern and hoping Xgimi able to address this issue by allowing end user more tuning option for the next firmware update, so we will see.

Yesterday, I took H1S to a friend's house whom is hardcore videophile and did a brief comparison to his 4K JVC. With his setup, we were able to watch H1S with all the top end equipment. H1S did perform very well under good source. With proper 4k source, H1S performed excellent in all aspect and then some. I won't going into how much JVC is better compare to H1S as it's not a fair comparison. However, as I was watching a movie late last night at home, suddenly I see the red over saturation has improved not as bothersome. I am thinking maybe the bulb requires a bit of time to settle and the over saturation will improve as the lamp hours accumulate.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4370.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	762.0 KB
ID:	2326220   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4373.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	641.6 KB
ID:	2326222   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4372.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	962.4 KB
ID:	2326224   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4371.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	909.8 KB
ID:	2326226   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4374.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	713.6 KB
ID:	2326228  

post #515 of 1224 Old 12-05-2017, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2781 Post(s)
Liked: 934
If you have a Color/Saturation setting on your source (most PCs and some DVD/BD/UHD players) that may be a good alternative while waiting for an update.

It's more likely that the content was mastered slightly differently.
I really hope the projector's red output isn't changing/aging...it shouldn't be settling dramatically enough to be noticeable, and even if it was you'd also see a change the whitebalance losing warmth. So I'm being it's more about some content being more forgiving and you might also be getting a little bit used to how it looks.

Easy $25 DIY black (or any color) ALR paint +$40-$50sprayer screen mix smooth/clean and very easy to learn spraying with little/no mess.
Simple $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.
Quick <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room "A store that sells blinds can help your picture more than a store that sells projectors many times." -bud16415
post #516 of 1224 Old 12-05-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
If you have a Color/Saturation setting on your source (most PCs and some DVD/BD/UHD players) that may be a good alternative while waiting for an update.

I really hope the projector's red output isn't changing/aging...it shouldn't be settling dramatically enough to be noticeable, and even if it was you'd also see a change the whitebalance losing warmth. So I'm being it's more about some content being more forgiving and you might also be getting a little bit used to how it looks.
I am using my MacBook Air for most of viewing now, and I did adjust setting which helps a little. I will revert back to original firmware which allows me to tune RGB and Gamma sometimes this week. As for red settles as light bulb accumulate hours, just a guess and I do hope it's not the case. Regardless, much appreciate your inputs.
post #517 of 1224 Old 12-06-2017, 05:10 PM

Angry

Not sure if this matter, but to anyone interested in H1S, it doesn't have optical zoom
post #518 of 1224 Old 12-07-2017, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post

What model did you get? Do you charge the remote properly? Try getting a new remote if bluetooth on the H1 itself is working. I love this remote.
Got the OG H1 Chinese version. I had the app installed when I first got it, but I much prefer physical keys as I use the projector in the bedroom, that's why I bought a third party remote, the only problem with it is that I can't turn on the projector with it.

Has anyone here tried using a Chromecast with it? I just got a Google home and the voice command to turn on the projector requires an HDMI CEC port, I know the projector has an HDMI ARC port, but does it have CEC as well?
post #519 of 1224 Old 12-09-2017, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Not sure if this matter, but to anyone interested in H1S, it doesn't have optical zoom

What is the largest diagonal 16:9 can I get from 10ft. away?
post #520 of 1224 Old 12-09-2017, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLam View Post
Got the OG H1 Chinese version. I had the app installed when I first got it, but I much prefer physical keys as I use the projector in the bedroom, that's why I bought a third party remote, the only problem with it is that I can't turn on the projector with it.
Then just replace the remote ($30). I like the physical keys as I use the remote inside my blankets sometimes without needing a line of sight to control the projector. Bluetooth is super convenient :-)

Last edited by rocklee; 12-09-2017 at 05:12 PM.
post #521 of 1224 Old 12-09-2017, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It doesn't need it to be honest.
post #522 of 1224 Old 12-09-2017, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 View Post
What is the largest diagonal 16:9 can I get from 10ft. away?
Should be around 130 inches

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk
post #523 of 1224 Old 12-10-2017, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
Should be around 130 inches

Thanks.
Wow. I didn’t realize this was considered a short throw projector like a Benq ht1070.
post #524 of 1224 Old 12-10-2017, 07:18 AM

Not quite. I do own a W1070, as well, and it has moderate zoom as well as lens shift. No such luck on the H1/S. I haven't quite measured it but I get 140 inches from about 11.5 feet or so--Give or take six inches.

post #525 of 1224 Old 12-10-2017, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Not quite. I do own a W1070, as well, and it has moderate zoom as well as lens shift. No such luck on the H1/S. I haven't quite measured it but I get 140 inches from about 11.5 feet or so--Give or take six inches.

I have the w1070 as well, how do these two stack up?
post #526 of 1224 Old 12-10-2017, 07:41 AM

There are enough such comparisons in this thread including one just a few posts up. I preferred the brightness of the W1070 but hated changing bulbs.

post #527 of 1224 Old 12-10-2017, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
There are enough such comparisons in this thread including one just a few posts up. I preferred the brightness of the W1070 but hated changing bulbs.

Thank you
post #528 of 1224 Old 12-10-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
It doesn't need it to be honest.
True, but might make it easier for installation and other situation for some people. However, the digital zoom only allows to zoom in not zoom out, for longer throw, it might benefit to other people's application, since the digital zoom allows only zoom out, not sure the images will suffer or no.
post #529 of 1224 Old 12-10-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
My quick take between both (images only):

1. H1S is much sharper, it revels more details. H1S easily one of the sharpest projector under 1000.

2. H1S throws much more 3 dimensional images.

3. Blacks about the same, I found both not distracting at all.

4. Brightness: Both are very bright, w1070 is tad brighter, but H1S is a light cannon too.

After playing around and compare between W1070 and H1S entire week, I prefer H1S overall, however, the reddish image does make me fiddle with the setting quite often. Last night I finally dial to a setting and able to enjoy entire movies without keep reaching for the remote. However, the redness still exist just not as bothersome. I don't know if it's a fair comparison between W1070 and H1S, it should be compare to HT1110 or HT2050 as both are updated version of W1070 in similar price bracket.
post #530 of 1224 Old 12-11-2017, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 4029 Post(s)
Liked: 3235
Quote:
... I don't know if it's a fair comparison between W1070 and H1S, it should be compare to HT1110 or HT2050 as both are updated version of W1070 in similar price bracket.
The W1070 is a 5-year-old design (introduced in 2012).
post #531 of 1224 Old 12-11-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
The W1070 is a 5-year-old design (introduced in 2012).
Yep, and still one of the best budget projector.
post #532 of 1224 Old 12-13-2017, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi H1 Owners,

I'm thinking about buying this projector but it is really expensive here, around 1300 USD.

I had an LG PW800 before, but that drove me crazy because it was not possible the focus the picture to be sharp on the edges and in the centre. I know that all the LG LED projectors and even the laser models (HF80 series) have this issue.

Is this the case with XGIMI H1, too? (I remember reading something somewhere about this, but I can't find it.) Also, will the focus change if the projector heats up?
post #533 of 1224 Old 12-13-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecrooster View Post
Hi H1 Owners,

I'm thinking about buying this projector but it is really expensive here, around 1300 USD.

I had an LG PW800 before, but that drove me crazy because it was not possible the focus the picture to be sharp on the edges and in the centre. I know that all the LG LED projectors and even the laser models (HF80 series) have this issue.

Is this the case with XGIMI H1, too? (I remember reading something somewhere about this, but I can't find it.) Also, will the focus change if the projector heats up?
1300USD for H1!!!! serious VAT where you at. There are few people complaint about edges is not as focus compare to centre, but I have not seen anyone mention about loses focus when projector heat up.
post #534 of 1224 Old 12-13-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:

@Ftoast , I install a windows 10 computer to H1S instead of my usual MacBook. Just for fun, I was playing with calibration program comes with windows 10, I was able to dial back the red and images looks incredible now. While red is still bit overpowering, but the skin tone looks so much natural now. Overall images still a bit red/purple-ish, but I will not throw H1S out of my 11th floor apartment window.
post #535 of 1224 Old 12-13-2017, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
Personally too many issues to deal with, you can visit the official thread to see them all. Basically you're comparing a much older and generic projector with a smart one (XGIMI). For convenience and features I'd take the XGIMI every time, even over the newer Benq models.
post #536 of 1224 Old 12-13-2017, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
True, but might make it easier for installation and other situation for some people. However, the digital zoom only allows to zoom in not zoom out, for longer throw, it might benefit to other people's application, since the digital zoom allows only zoom out, not sure the images will suffer or no.
The zooming range from the optical adjustment is so minimal that if I had to choose that or the auto focus camera then I would go with the latter. That said, we're dealing with an age-old issue of having to have the right room and settings to get the best out of these types of projectors regardless of brands. I find that zooming in/out has no effect on the quality of the picture.
post #537 of 1224 Old 12-13-2017, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Finally got mine H1S over the weekend, luckily with bad weather, I didn't have to take the kid outing and stayed home play with H1S all day.

Built quality is good, found some plastic injection blister/bubble on top of my H1S but acceptable as those bubbles are fairly small. Setup took me about 10 mins to 80in screen with my MacBook Air via MDP to HDMI. Since H1S only available in simplified Chinese, took me a bit to familiar with the wording and able to navigate.

Below are my finding and some comparison with BenQ W1070:

1. Brightness: H1S is a very bright projector, compare to W1070, both are equally bright and I would not hesitate to throw onto much bigger screen let's say 130in.

2. Sharpness: I found H1S to be much sharper compared to W1070, amount of detail reveal out of H1S makes W1070 looks soft.

3. Black level: Very acceptable, shadow details are very good, watched Passenger over and over again with scenes spaceship fly in space or main characters flew in space, I'm able to make out all the details, stars and different shades of black and grey.

4. Depth: H1S throws a very 3 dimensional image.

6. Auto focus: Nice touch, but I found auto focus don't always work right, however, I can easily manual adjust the focus with a flip of switch or from Chinese Apps iOS for Xgimi where there is direct selection to manual adjust focus.

7. UI: Unfortunately, I upgraded to GMUI latest firmware, with latest firmware it doesn't allow me to adjust RGB individually or at least I haven't found it after upgrade. But overall, UI is pretty easy to navigate. With extra loaded TV apps I found to be good, I won't use much, but some free program is nice, my wife and I watched Victoria Secret Shanghai.

8. Internal Speaker: Not bad at all, I still prefer my ****ty 2.0 system, but the internal speaker itself produce adequate sound especially in portable application.

9. 3D: Unfortunately, I have not gotten my 3D glasses yet, however, I really don't care for 3D and will not do any testing.

10. Motion: Very good, and I have not encounter micro stutter and very happy with the motion.

Overall, I think H1S is an awesome projector and under value if Xgimi able to sort out the redness. If I'm not able to find the solution, I'm not so sure if I can live with the flaw.
And thanks for the comparison. Just to answer some of the feedback:

1. Yes it is brighter than you would expect given the specs. With the right screen it will look significantly brighter as some of us have experimented.

2. Yup, I use the H1 (older model) to surf the internet but I wouldn't do it too often (too bright).

3. Yup. Getting a grey screen can help a little.

4. Yup.

5. Probably still new and H1S is brighter than the H1. I'm not sure if it is the broadcasting/coloring system that they have in China but it does seem a bit different from what I've seen elsewhere (they do like their reds). Using Nature or Custom settings works for me.

6. Haven't tried this. I think that the projector needs to be completely align with the wall for auto focus to work effectively, like how a regular camera would.

7. I can still get my NBA action here but no youtube :-(

8. Get a sound/music app with an equalizer, it makes a huge difference.

9. Try it, you'll be surprised. I was a non-believer too.

10. Yup. Kodi has been giving me some problems lately, so I just reinstall it and everything is okay again.
post #538 of 1224 Old 12-13-2017, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztecrooster View Post
Hi H1 Owners,

1. Where are you? Try online stores or get someone to buy it for you and send it over.

2. LGs...not really all that good, disappointing even. See my previous photos on this thread.

3. Not in my experience, haven't heard anyone else complain about it from the different forums I've been on though perhaps we're all watching movies and not reading newspaper articles from the projector :-)
post #539 of 1224 Old 12-13-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
And thanks for the comparison. Just to answer some of the feedback:

1. Yes it is brighter than you would expect given the specs. With the right screen it will look significantly brighter as some of us have experimented.

2. Yup, I use the H1 (older model) to surf the internet but I wouldn't do it too often (too bright).

3. Yup. Getting a grey screen can help a little.

4. Yup.

5. Probably still new and H1S is brighter than the H1. I'm not sure if it is the broadcasting/coloring system that they have in China but it does seem a bit different from what I've seen elsewhere (they do like their reds). Using Nature or Custom settings works for me.

6. Haven't tried this. I think that the projector needs to be completely align with the wall for auto focus to work effectively, like how a regular camera would.

7. I can still get my NBA action here but no youtube :-(

8. Get a sound/music app with an equalizer, it makes a huge difference.

9. Try it, you'll be surprised. I was a non-believer too.

10. Yup. Kodi has been giving me some problems lately, so I just reinstall it and everything is okay again.
Red over saturation is known issue in Chinese Xgimi forum. Xgimi has acknowledge the issue however no immediate solution given. Only solution Xgimi has given is to crank up the contrast dial down the red and bring up the green by few clicks which makes the image worst, however they did mention they might address the issue by next firmware update allowing more adjustment in the menu. Until last night, I was about to give up H1S and toss it out the windows (sell it) because red keeping me from enjoy any movies. Red color from H1S just in your face right out the box, internal adjustment is too limited and no matter how I adjust, and I have to re-adjust every time I put on a different movie which really pissed me off. I really want to like H1S as it does so well in so many areas and then some. And you maybe correct about the TV system or China just like their reds, or it's a marketing scheme to bring out the red to get the "pop effect".

Luckily, I ended up install Windows 10 computer to H1S and did a quick calibration from windows10 stock program. Bring down the red and green kept blue the same, and BINGO, the usual red/orange/purple-ish tan is gone, the skin tone on faces has so much depth and much natural compare to what it was. I ended up watching different scene of movies until 2 am last night without adjusting colors for the first time since I've owned H1s. While the red-ish still exist, it's much more natural and I am very happy with the H1S now. However, would I recommend H1S to friends? I'm not sure because the source unit would need to have color adjustment to get the picture right or when Xgimi can address the issue.

For what is worth, H1S is a incredible projector especially you can get it under 1000USD. I am very happy with my H1S and it will held me over until I move into a bigger place with JVC 4K next year.
post #540 of 1224 Old 12-14-2017, 01:19 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
1. Where are you? Try online stores or get someone to buy it for you and send it over.

2. LGs...not really all that good, disappointing even. See my previous photos on this thread.

3. Not in my experience, haven't heard anyone else complain about it from the different forums I've been on though perhaps we're all watching movies and not reading newspaper articles from the projector :-)
1. I live within the EU. Even if I order from China, I will be charged with import taxes, etc. If I buy locally, I am entitled to have two years of guarantee, which sounds quite nice.

3. Well, sometimes I enable subtitles and it is really annoying if I have to read text that's blurry and not focused. It is important for me to have a sharp picture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
android , Gaming , led , screen , xgimi , xgimi h1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page