Official XGIMI Owners Thread + H1 review (H1, CC, Z4 aurora etc) - Page 40 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 206Likes

post #1171 of 1224 Old 11-25-2018, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlschoemer View Post
Getting an H1 that has issues - washed out display. Are there any repair services for this projector in US? Is it worth trying to repair? Any source for a service manual?

Any suggestions appreicated.
Best way is contact Xgimi service dept. via WeChat App, then there is good possibility sending in your machine to their facility in Chengdu China, however, you live outside of China, you might have to pay custom duties plus shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1224 Old 11-26-2018, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just got a Z6 but is a Chinese version. I tried to install the startsetting.apk file but my z6 doesn't seems to be displaying any apk files inside my USB drive. I tried putting in other apk files but none is showing up on the z6 when USB drive is inserted.

Anyone knows why z6 of not displaying apk files?

Anyone with z6 Chinese version managed to change the language to English? The Chinese version does not have the language option in the settings menu.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
post #1173 of 1224 Old 11-26-2018, 10:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
I just got a Z6 but is a Chinese version. I tried to install the startsetting.apk file but my z6 doesn't seems to be displaying any apk files inside my USB drive. I tried putting in other apk files but none is showing up on the z6 when USB drive is inserted.

Anyone knows why z6 of not displaying apk files?

Anyone with z6 Chinese version managed to change the language to English? The Chinese version does not have the language option in the settings menu.

From the Aptoid market, download
ES File Explorer app.

You will now be able to see and install *.apk files (from inside the ES file explorer).

What's your firmware version?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1174 of 1224 Old 11-26-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-eye View Post
From the Aptoid market, download
ES File Explorer app.

You will now be able to see and install *.apk files (from inside the ES file explorer).

What's your firmware version?
Not sure if I am seeing the right thing but I found one which is v3.5.67. GMUI 3.1.1.5, Android 6.0

post #1175 of 1224 Old 11-26-2018, 04:22 PM

Just checking, I have the international version (z6) still in V2.0.7
Gmui V3.0.4.2
post #1176 of 1224 Old 11-27-2018, 06:10 AM

I just managed to install the startsettings.apk however I am still unable to change the language. It seems that when I launch the setting app, it brings me back to the system's setting page.

Is there any way to revert the firmware to factory?

post #1177 of 1224 Old 11-27-2018, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 86
you can check out youtube, there is a Russian guy who can change the Chinese FW to international

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #1178 of 1224 Old 11-29-2018, 08:14 AM

Liked: 1
Hello everyone I am new here and a proud owner of the xgimi Z6 I wrote the long review on Amazon, I have to say that my experience getting the Z6 to work well for me has been an adventure lol,today I managed to fix the one problem and last that I was having and it was the issue with the HDR not looking properly exroducing a pale picture, I have an easy fix for this issue, all you have to do is go in your projectors video settings and change your color temperature to custom and in that setting raise your red level to your preference. It seems the reason the Hdr is not looking optimal is because of xgimis presets.i hope I was able to help you guys out also do not use the manual keystone feature it messes with your picture refresh rates. Have a great day everyone!
post #1179 of 1224 Old 11-29-2018, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowgauge View Post
Hello everyone I am new here and a proud owner of the xgimi Z6 I wrote the long review on Amazon, I have to say that my experience getting the Z6 to work well for me has been an adventure lol,today I managed to fix the one problem and last that I was having and it was the issue with the HDR not looking properly exroducing a pale picture, I have an easy fix for this issue, all you have to do is go in your projectors video settings and change your color temperature to custom and in that setting raise your red level to your preference. It seems the reason the Hdr is not looking optimal is because of xgimis presets.i hope I was able to help you guys out also do not use the manual keystone feature it messes with your picture refresh rates. Have a great day everyone!
Thanks, can you share a picture of your settings?
post #1180 of 1224 Old 11-29-2018, 08:53 AM

which movie did you use for the HDR?

Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #1181 of 1224 Old 11-29-2018, 09:32 AM

I dont own any hdr movies what I use is the nvidia shield apps Netflix and YouTube and unfortunately it does not help the HDR picture on netflix but funny thing is that it improves the picture on youtube sorry for the false alarm I guess I'm still on my mission to find a fix for this problem like others.
post #1182 of 1224 Old 11-29-2018, 04:56 PM

Hey guy's I'm back and wanted to tell you that you can enhance your projectors colors by adjusting the custom color temperature instead of using the presets,I am still fiddling around with it,I raised them all evenly so that one color doesn't overpower the other I say try it out in increments you will get a punchier picture from the projector as for my settings

B=43
C=58
Sat=52 or your preferred
Ac=48
Noise=mid
Ct= custom testing phase rgb all on 66
Mc= your preference
Projector brightness on custom 6

Everything I'm still testing and working on you can try it out for yourself.
I'm using an nvidia shield tv display setting= 3840x2160 60hz
Yuv 420 10 bit Rec.709
I'm using YouTube 4k videos as a source
Everything pops like a television but still can get better
All testing done on xgimi Z6.
Hopefully the HDR situation with Netflix can be fixed I thought I had something but all it did was enhance the SDR
Good luck guys
post #1183 of 1224 Old 11-30-2018, 05:25 AM

Here's an update on my Z6 settings I have achieved improved black levels compared to my older settings but still a work in progress.
User
Brightness =43
Contrast=56
Saturation=47
Acutance=37
Noise=middle
Color temperature=custom
R=65
G=65
B=65
Motion=low
Projector brightness on customize set to 7
Try it out let me know if looks ok
Have a great day!
silver-eye likes this.
post #1184 of 1224 Old 11-30-2018, 08:04 AM

Hey guys made a slight change in the custom color temperature I brought down the green to 60 I'm still testing but so far the picture looks colorful with good blacks and fine details pop and great clarity.
post #1185 of 1224 Old 12-02-2018, 06:21 PM

I've done some more tweaking and I am getting some great results with my new settings I have improved the details and depth of the picture it looks almost like your looking through a window due to enhanced details.
New user settings.
B=45
Cr=52
Sat=47
Ac=42
Nr=m
Ct=
R67
B=67
G=62
Mc=L
Still tweaking feel free to make adjustments goodnight!
post #1186 of 1224 Old 12-02-2018, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Thanks for the settings. Remind me, where exactly are you entering these settings in the latest version of GMUI?

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk
post #1187 of 1224 Old 12-05-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
Thanks for the settings. Remind me, where exactly are you entering these settings in the latest version of GMUI?

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk
I used these settings on the hdmi source,general menu. I haven't gotten any new updates since I purchased this projector,if you don't mind sharing what is the latest version?
post #1188 of 1224 Old 12-06-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowgauge View Post
I used these settings on the hdmi source,general menu. I haven't gotten any new updates since I purchased this projector,if you don't mind sharing what is the latest version?
Thanks for the settings, quite enjoying them, if u have any updates, let me know

My z6vglobal version is on 2.0.7 firmware, no updates since I bought it.

One of the Xgimi representants, left this on a facebook group (for the H2, but hopefully, for the z6, too):

post #1189 of 1224 Old 12-06-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the settings, quite enjoying them, if u have any updates, let me know

My z6vglobal version is on 2.0.7 firmware, no updates since I bought it.

One of the Xgimi representants, left this on a facebook group (for the H2, but hopefully, for the z6, too):

Mine is on the same firmware.

I made some new tweaks I hope you try them out I see a big improvement please let me know how it works out for you.

Brightness=40
Contrast=53
Saturation=48
Acutance=36
Noise=middle
Color temp custom
Red=64
Blue=67
Green=62
Motion comp= low
Projector brightness on customize=7
I am projecting on a 100" screen I had repainted with super white paint.
These settings are the best I've produced so far enjoy. Question what do you use to view videos I feel an external source is best with this projector.
post #1190 of 1224 Old 12-06-2018, 07:12 PM

Thanks once again. Gonna try ur settings soon

I use an Xbox One S with the Z6, and normally use the Vlc app, to stream from my zappiti media player, or Plex.

The quality improved, as I don't think the projector player app is very good.

I'm projecting directly to a (very) white wall.
post #1191 of 1224 Old 12-09-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Thanks once again. Gonna try ur settings soon

I use an Xbox One S with the Z6, and normally use the Vlc app, to stream from my zappiti media player, or Plex.

The quality improved, as I don't think the projector player app is very good.

I'm projecting directly to a (very) white wall.

yeah the internal player is not ideal,an external source is the best way to enjoy the Z6.
With the settings i provided they work great with all my video/game sources,Glad your enjoying them.
post #1192 of 1224 Old 12-11-2018, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
I just got a Z6 but is a Chinese version. Anyone with z6 Chinese version managed to change the language to English? The Chinese version does not have the language option in the settings menu.
Chinese Z6 doesn't have English, only Chinese. At the Russian forum, look for an international redesigned firmware for Z6, which is put on the Chinese projector Z6 and will be your international projector and will be able to choose your native language.
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry74950370
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=911211
post #1193 of 1224 Old 12-15-2018, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got a Z6 a few days ago for my bedroom and it's a pretty good projector for the money. I wanted a LED projector so it seemed like the best choice. I have had a lot of projectors over the years, but nothing recent. My home theater has a BenQ W5000 which is still better than the Z6, though it's a beast. I'm very impressed with the Z6, especially the silence and brightness uniformity. Black levels aren't great though, and reds have a bit of a purple tint. The automatic focus is a cool feature.

The only thing I don't like about it is the input lag and the occasional micro stutters. Hopefully it can be resolved in a firmware update. I have delayed the audio by 140 ms in my receiver to sync it up, which is extreme. I wanted to play games on it but that's out of the question with that much lag. Even moving the mouse from the HTPC is awkward. I sent an email to Xgimi about these issues and the missing support part of their website. The Chinese version of their website works though and has more products on it, including different downloadable chinese firmware versions.

I opened up my Z6 yesterday to have a look inside and it's very well designed. The fan is high quality and perfectly balanced, which is one of the things I wanted to check for. The speaker box is rubber mounted.
post #1194 of 1224 Old 12-29-2018, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
XGIMI CC from China - HELP!

Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, and XGIMI projectors. A friend of mine returned home from China and brought me a Xgimi CC as a gift, knowing I had been looking for a new projector. I opened the projector at home to find everything written in Chinese characters. I contacted Xgimi, but it seems they are slow to reply. Is there a way for me to upload a new software system to have the English version?? I am an Apple user for everything, so I am very unclear on how Android works all around. If ANYONE has some helpful tips, videos, downloads, or anything else, I would be eternally grateful for your help!

I work as a photographer, and would LOVE to use this projector for displays at different events that I photograph. HELP! THANK YOU!!
post #1195 of 1224 Old 12-29-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleya Schwartz View Post
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, and XGIMI projectors. A friend of mine returned home from China and brought me a Xgimi CC as a gift, knowing I had been looking for a new projector. I opened the projector at home to find everything written in Chinese characters. I contacted Xgimi, but it seems they are slow to reply. Is there a way for me to upload a new software system to have the English version?? I am an Apple user for everything, so I am very unclear on how Android works all around. If ANYONE has some helpful tips, videos, downloads, or anything else, I would be eternally grateful for your help!

I work as a photographer, and would LOVE to use this projector for displays at different events that I photograph. HELP! THANK YOU!!
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Use the google translate app on your phone with the camera feature 😞
post #1196 of 1224 Old 12-29-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnushu View Post
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Use the google translate app on your phone with the camera feature 😞
There is no way to add new software - even the new release directly from Xgimi? What is the reasoning? Any ideas?
post #1197 of 1224 Old 12-31-2018, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esegan View Post
Chinese Z6 doesn't have English, only Chinese. At the Russian forum, look for an international redesigned firmware for Z6, which is put on the Chinese projector Z6 and will be your international projector and will be able to choose your native language.
thank you! will give it a try
post #1198 of 1224 Old 01-01-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
thank you! will give it a try
let us know how it goes

Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #1199 of 1224 Old 01-02-2019, 05:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi guys,

just bought this projector and watching it on a 92" grey screen.

PJ placed at around 11 feet so it throws approx 120" picture. So i had to use Stepless Zoom to adjust the image. This has an adverse impact though. The PJ throws light through lens for 120" display but the image is reduced to 92" screen and the remaining area is sort of lit slightly. Is there any way i can remove this extra dim lit area?

Thanks
post #1200 of 1224 Old 01-02-2019, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleya Schwartz View Post
Hello everyone!

I used my CC for almost two years now, once you get used to the menus it will be easy
at first try using google translate from the phone then do a print screen

Xbox One S, LG SH4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
android , Gaming , led , screen , xgimi , xgimi h1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page